Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Velsinea Development Discussion, All things Velsinea..
Tyrant
post Feb 20 2009, 12:21 PM
Post #1

Pixel Mine Developer
Group Icon

Group: Pixel Mine
Member No.: 2,089

Places you want, what needs balanced.

Keep it Velsenia and keep it clean.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kylreasdw
post Feb 20 2009, 12:31 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,027

New spawns of monster (maybe BKs or Ballys or hell spawns) or just a New created monster like a Boss

more random spawns

the Giant spawn is like Exstinked maybe it can be buffed

new places

DAYLIGHT (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

A Banished knight Castle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Feb 20 2009, 12:32 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 437

This should only be discussed with velsineans, and people who are planning on moving to velsinea.

+Quote Post
Guest_DWC Aldwulf_*
post Feb 20 2009, 12:37 PM
Post #4

Guests

Please keep it clean and tidy, i will check up on it and delete un-wanted posts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) . (Stickied)

I think this would be a good time for alot of the Velsinea people to be creative in to making a map for themselves, if you have the Dransik mapeditor you should go away and make a nice map and show it in here and see what the Velsinians think about it.

+Quote Post
DaDevil
post Feb 20 2009, 12:40 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 725

QUOTE(Tyrant @ Feb 20 2009, 12:21 PM) *

How about a frigging map?
You spend more time searching for your body than you do hunting if you die on vels...

map...plzkthx

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Feb 20 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE(DaDevil @ Feb 20 2009, 12:40 PM) *
QUOTE(Tyrant @ Feb 20 2009, 12:21 PM) *

How about a frigging map?
You spend more time searching for your body than you do hunting if you die on vels...

map...plzkthx

It could be easily done by adding an underground map.

+Quote Post
Shadowsoul
post Feb 20 2009, 12:46 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 596

Ye this is one of the main issues i was hoping to raise. What's the reasoning for keeping velsinea in darkness with no map? If it is meant to be a peaceful alternative to mainland, i can't think of good reasoning to keep it the way it is. This is ofcourse open to discussion, and i'd be happy to pay a couple of 100 tokens to get a map/daylight.

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Feb 20 2009, 12:48 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Shadowsoul @ Feb 20 2009, 12:46 PM) *
Ye this is one of the main issues i was hoping to raise. What's the reasoning for keeping velsinea in darkness with no map? If it is meant to be a peaceful alternative to mainland, i can't think of good reasoning to keep it the way it is. This is ofcourse open to discussion, and i'd be happy to pay a couple of 100 tokens to get a map/daylight.

The reason why there is dark is because it's underground. I believe Zarq once said that if he wanted put it onground, he would have to do it all over again. He can't just copy/paste it. He has to make everything tile by tile.

+Quote Post
Shadowsoul
post Feb 20 2009, 12:53 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

I'm sure something could be done with the daylight issue. If there is code on mainland to enable both daylight and darkness, alternated on a server based timer, i'm sure the engine is capable of been written to enable daylight within regions or something similar.

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Feb 20 2009, 12:55 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Shadowsoul @ Feb 20 2009, 12:53 PM) *
I'm sure something could be done with the daylight issue. If there is code on mainland to enable both daylight and darkness, alternated on a server based timer, i'm sure the engine is capable of been written to enable daylight within regions or something similar.

Yes, but then again that's beyond what TT can do.

+Quote Post
JonnyH
post Feb 20 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 502

I'll just post what I have in the works, and why, and what that might mean for the future of Velsinea.

The Tyrant has made it fairly clear to me that he wants to develop Velsinea as more of a Role-playing land than the Mainland is. This makes sense, as the gameplay cannot become pvp-based, and role-play is a good option to that - to add interesting gameplay elemenets to Velsinea for us. Role-playing generally means more quests and NPC-based elements. Thus, this is what I have in the works, and I have sent 2 drafts of what follows to him already.

A multi-stage quest which will send players all over Velsinea - completing varied kill quests for various NPCs. There will be a level requirement to begin the quest, and the NPC who starts the quest will have to be returned to at each stage of the quest; he, in turn, will send the player to various other strategically located NPCs who will give other quests to the player, and upon completion of these, the player will be send back to the first NPC to move to the next stage of the quest. The goal of the quest will be to earn, through completion of the quest's stages, a new Velsinea set (tentatively called the Velsinea Guardian's set). With this will come achievement of Guardian of Velsinea status. This status will allow the player to do various things that he/she could not do before, which would then be implemented in a later update.

This is what is in the works - give me some feedback as to what you would like to see involved in a multi-stage quest of this kind, as it will help me in finalizing the various stages of the quest. Keep in mind that I do already have a full quest concept, so if you don't have any ideas about what you would like implemented, I do already have content.

Further to this, I'll just let you know what's in my mind for a little further down the line. The idea of the Velsinea Guardian's set is that it is generated and sustained by the magic field that protects Velsinea from (most of) the evils of the outside world - thus, it would not be transferrable to the Mainland. Still working on ways to prevent it's transfer. But, for those who remain on Velsinea, the effects of achieving Guardian of Velsinea status would be:

1. Access to certain areas that were previously unaccessible. For instance, a cave whose entrance is blocked with a fence, but with portals on either side of the fence which could only be gone through by people with Guardian of Velsinea status. Thus, such an area would only be huntable by people who had completed the multi-stage quest.

2. Access to a new island (south of the current lands) which could have a new town in it, and with intense element-specific hunting grounds branching off from it - which would be accessible by touching an orb and teleporting, only possible to be done after achieving Guardian of Velsinea status.

3. Inside the empty Winterdale cave, put a similar fence/portal system as that described in #1, and have some kind of Ice boss.

4. Code the NPCs who already give quests, so that they would give new (additional) quests to players who have achieved this status.

These are just some preliminary ideas, but I think they would add some good gameplay elements for us on Velsinea.

And I'm sorry to say that BKs, Hellspawns, Demons, and Balrons will not be being added to Velsinea. I know that's what keeps getting pushed for by a minority of the Velsinean population, but it's not going to happen.

+Quote Post
kylreasdw
post Feb 20 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #12

most that stuff u said .. TT cant CODE he cant c++ he is a Grafic desiner ... all that takes CODE HE CANT so it will take 20 years just to get ANYTHING on vels like that....

+Quote Post
JonnyH
post Feb 20 2009, 03:31 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Regardless of how long you think it will take, he has assured me that something like this will be put in before too long. If you want input into it, give some feedback - don't just say it's not gonna happen. Thanks!

+Quote Post
kylreasdw
post Feb 20 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #14

kinda retarted he only uses ur Guild input and could care less about the other people that play

if ur way does come in ill camop evey thing and just run people out knowing how it is a little cave entrance to get the boss ...

+Quote Post
JonnyH
post Feb 20 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

You're welcome to grief play however you want, but we are many and you probably can't keep us out all day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) But seriously, he doesn't just listen to us. It seems to me that he listens to anyone that says anything worth listening to. Again - give some feedback on what I posted, if you want to be heard. As I said, he wants there to be more role-playing on Velsinea (which doesn't mean that we pretend to be our characters, and develop personalities for them - but that there are certain elements of role-playing that become more prevalent in the land), so there are going to be some new quests added. I've posted an idea for a few things along this line of thinking. If you have another idea that might fit, then post it! Be constructive!

The Tenth Avenger

+Quote Post
Shadowsoul
post Feb 20 2009, 04:00 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

because most people outside of -v- don't stay long, and you're obviously an immature **** who doesn't deserve an opinion if you just want to ruin the gameplay experience for everyone else

+Quote Post
DaDevil
post Feb 20 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 725

QUOTE(JonnyH @ Feb 20 2009, 03:31 PM) *
Regardless of how long you think it will take, he has assured me that something like this will be put in before too long. If you want input into it, give some feedback - don't just say it's not gonna happen. Thanks!

Well it wont happen, fair enough

+Quote Post
kylreasdw
post Feb 20 2009, 04:09 PM
Post #18

yes shadow thats all im trying to do is **** up ur little world....

i just see how BK is called Bannshied knight ... WTF is it bannshed from on Mainlands NOTING u put him on Vels boom u got a Bnashed knigth that is bannshed from main lands to teh darkness of the Vels ... and the BK set is White and BLue ... Perfect clours for the vels lands ... the blue is the knight of the game and the Wight is the goodness ofthe player trying to Break out ... Bk set should be vels and the Rune set should be malands .. make the rune set White and Red White of the Daylight and the Red dots ane Evil of the the player

+Quote Post
buffhr
post Feb 20 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 415

I like your ideas TTA, would be nice to see more quest and the long awaited velsinea set(been waiting what 18-24 monts now for it). New lands being acessible after completing a quest is a nice feature, but new lands should be available to most, maybe 1 specific area. But that area must not become the center of life of velsinea. As you will then just shift the population to 1 area and any new people comming or players too low lvl to complete it will be forced in solitude on the rest of the land.

As for when it will be implemented or TT capabilities. We have been hearing soon,shortly for the past 1.5 yrs. So is timeframe of soon doesnt mean much to me.

Adding a boss to our land could be a decent bennefit, and personally i would enjoy it. But i feel this could definatly bring more drawbacks then positive. As the way bosses are designed is that they drop rare or if u will better items then most at random. Witch creates boss camping and without much of a risk other then spawns. If we create the spawns int hat area too heavy, it only cathers to a specific few or requires large numbers, if its too low its a camping ground. And if the bosses doesnt drop anything that great theyre isnt much of a point to take heavy risks for nothing. But somethign that would/could be nice is if we would incorporate the boss in the quest for the velsinea guardian set. That you need to kill him to complete the quest or gather something from the boss to complete every stage of the quest that gives u an armor peice. In that way a boss that is a challenge has a purpose other then dropping rare/gd items.

New hunting grounds are a must, but to be honest not sure what u could incorporate really other then buffing the giant spawn. As we cannot get HS/demons/ballys/bks/WW. We already have most of the other significant mobs wyrmlings and wisp could be aded but i would suggest somewhere else then on our "di".

Someone had designed a cave quite a few months back for vels that TT had advised us he was going to be putting in. That could be nice and would be welcomed.

I would dearly like to see someway to get a guild deed on vels especially with all of the issues we have been having as of late. Even if it is just an npc u can buy a deed from and only the people with theyre books completed can purchase it, it would fit the bill nicely.

I guess thats what I've come up for now.

+Quote Post
Outcast
post Feb 20 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 377

my 2 cents

dddddddddddddddddddddderrrrr matooooooooooooooooo

gtfo

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 02:16 AM