7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Suggestions for AE, Players Suggestions
Shang
post Nov 14 2009, 04:21 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,456

I'd like to see the site get updated. I mean, I'm still a pretty new player when it comes to playing this time around. Do you have any idea how confusing it is to start this game? If I didn't play before, I probably would have quit, but I remembered how fun it was as Dransik way back in the day (not the 2d, before whoever bought it).

Point being, something as simple as re-writing those 30some pages would probably bring in more players than any advertising or anything you could think of. The more info available to the players the happier they are with the game, because they understand it. Please, just do that simple fix for me?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shang
post Nov 14 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 4,456

QUOTE(Rick James @ Nov 14 2009, 04:26 PM) *
I've read that devs are planning a website revamp soonish.

Thanks for the info =] I just am so sick of having to run to the help channel at least 30-50 times a day that I'm on for a long period of time... as well as I'm sure that everyone in the channel is sick of me spamming questions.

I mean, even something as simple as taking the map and adding where the spawn points are and hosting it up on the AE site would be amazingly helpful. When I do my lotor's quests all I get is "go kill this", but how am I supposed to know where I'm meant to be going, or, if I can even stand up to it?

Also, please add some more mage gear thats for noobs thats not OP. If I wanted to play a game that I could play without watching the screen, I'd go back to the game I just left, and turn on a bot. The reason they bot there is because it's so excessively boring to level, because it's better to level on cheap little things than the harder, more entertaining mobs.

All I'm saying is even if you took the same items and made 5 copies and made them all diff colors, but with the same exact stats, it would greatly increase the happiness of your customers.

Last, I was looking into buying the EXPs and VIP even though I think it's insane that you have to pay for all the expansions and not just the most recent like most games, but so far all I've seen is gear and boats that are worth buying the EXPs for, and like I said before, I want to be challenged, I don't want to headshot every mob I have to kill, so why buy the EXP and use gear that's going to do that? Is there more reasons to buying the EXPs? I heard of a few areas I can't access without them, but those areas don't seem to matter much either. Is there something I am missing?

+Quote Post
Saie
post Jan 19 2010, 07:58 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 4,516

Configurable movement and action keys.

The ability to remove mouse click movement entirely.

+Quote Post
WinterChild
post Jan 28 2010, 06:46 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,459

buff lotor blade

+Quote Post
Gurtachk
post Feb 24 2010, 01:55 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 933

Gurt wanna see Hydra's and other new critters, monster's equivelent to Dragons.

Also, more and different types of boats, i mean all they have in here is raft, sloop, junk, frigate, and galleon not including pirate ship.
I would like to see some Barque's maybe warships. Inclueding in that i also wanna see Trading ports. Where you bring so much of a certain type of good to a port and get a set amount of money for the trip depending on the diffuculty of the voyage.

More idea's include a place where the two server's could go and trade. Like a portal that takes you to a place between the two servers so you can talk to your friends or trade between the servers.

Artifact items, like Talazar's sword or maybe Agon's Book of Curses. Items that drop once from a boss and only once. Random Boss monsters appering around the world that take 40+ people to kill.

I ALSO WANT TO SEE NK RESTORED!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe the could randomize the prices for items from city to city, say that in Whisperdale cloth costs 3gp per but over in Merovan cloth costs 11 gold per. That way everything isn't so cut and dry and it would give new people a easy way to make a bit of gold to purchase other things.

New sets of gear that isnt stat based, maybe just lvl and race based. Upgrade the town armor and weapons. Make it worth doing the town quests.

I also would like to have Items like a war horn, where you use it and it summons a group of monsters to you THAT only attack npc's or mobs. (War Horn would be used to summon Orcs and Ogres) Giant Charm would allow you to charm a giant and turn it into a follower. Or maybe just make that a Monster Charm where depending on your leadership lvl is the lvl of mob you can charm, Up to max lvl of a 100, that way you can't go charm a dragon and use it to fight for you, also make it so that it is unuseable on bosses. Imagine if you charmed a hound of cerberus and went up against Lord Cerberus with one of his hounds attacking it as well.

I also agree with Norco Dex mage needs it's HoTaG equivelent even though it's ranged. Don't upgrade damage to much maybe 15 min and 30 max. Con mages also need a specilized weapon Have no clue on that one though.

Make the Orc's get a bonus to a few more skills, considering the elves get 5% res to all mageries, night vision, and 5 to all ranged skills. Humans get 5 to all mage skills Orcs don't get any bonuses to weapon skills period lol. We got the short end of the stick imo.

Necropolis needs to be revamped as well as the undead town east of Automn, both places have great setups, maybe make people availble to start rebuilding some of the ruined towns by donating money and materials to a NPC in either LC or LSP.

I know OE Is working on Houses in the snow and sand I can't wait for that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) i wanna build a snow covered house when i finaly build one.

Use what we already have in the game before adding more land and dungeons.
Just random things like that.

+Quote Post
Dahaka
post Jun 10 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,413

There are three things that are very badly needed of a crafter nature:

1) Craftable "Unarmed Weapons" are needed badly. As far as I have seen, they are rare drops and need to be craftable to keep the skill viable. I would suggest that Forging (Knuckles) and Leatherworking (Gloves) skills be utilized.

2) Stockable Shops: There are all kinds of items sold to shops that just end up dissappearing from stock. I would really like to see any items sold by players to any shop remain on hand until it is sold. This would effectively simplify, regulate and expand the game economy. Also I think that keeping items "In Service" longer would help equalize the random nature of drops.

3) Add Spires to DoD for crafters

+Quote Post
Freeze
post Jun 10 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 368

armed combat requires a weapon or artillery of some sort i believe, so by putting on special gloves or whatever i guess you can consider it unarmed...although it is still kinda being armed i guess, who knows lol

the best suggestion i have is WEEKLY UPDATES, even if there is no content, an update from OE of what he did that week and what he plans to do in the coming week...this will keep players on pace and in the loop how AE has always been. that is one of the things that made AE special, constant updates and fixes along with GM and DEVs keeping players up to date regularly...bring this back and i guarantee an increase or a more stable population...or just hurry up with some news and/or content for us plzzzzzzz

+Quote Post
Dahaka
post Aug 23 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,413

Housing:

- More buildable locations (especially 1x2 and 2x2 plots)
- Housing needs functionality (ex: shop space)
----- part of the house should have a shop to sell the owners items at. Owner establishes prices. (Great for crafters)
- Need new type of houses with boat docks (possibly floating or dock houses)
- Add multi-level houses

DoD:

- Needs a major overhaul. A lot of technical applications do not work correctly (ref DoD forum)
- Needs more content (grasslands, trees, resources, crafting.....) and better organization of current content packs (suggest a "Favorites" pallet to allow quick reference of terrain, objects, encounters)
----- add a "Crafter" content pack with everything crafters need
- Double the size of DoD dungeons or add levels to DoD dungeons
* I totally dig DoD but I just think it is not living up to it's potential

Boats:

- Combine housing and boats (hitting "E" key takes you to the main deck of your boat - allows placement of objects and such)
- Make boats a little more customizable (hull strength, number of sails, ect.....) to change performance characteristics
- Add some kind of floating city
- Add some kind of underwater content

Weapons:

- Make composite weapons (ex - weapons that require multiple trade skills to construct)
- Incendiary and Explosive pots should be thrown not placed
- Nets need to be re-vamped (cool down time decreased & success rate increased)
- Add some kind of "Flintlock" weapons (heavy damage but high cooldown time)

Skills:

- Trapping would be a great skill to have.....create concealed items which do damage
- Provide a trade skill trainer menu to choose (like Dransik Trading Company Quests) allow crafters to pick what items they will make
- Make trade skill train quests longer (more items made per quest)

Factions:

>> ALLOW NON-PVP NEUTRALS TO ADVANCE TO LEVEL 110 (ditch the level 105 cap) <<

+Quote Post
Liam
post Jan 26 2011, 04:58 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 356

Teh TSM!!!!

http://forums.pixelminegames.com/index.php?showtopic=14945

+Quote Post
Orfeu
post Nov 2 2011, 08:50 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,813

http://forums.pixelminegames.com/index.php?showtopic=17991

+Quote Post
Dr Strangelove
post Jan 28 2012, 07:45 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,118

QUOTE(Freeze @ Jun 10 2010, 12:20 PM) *
armed combat requires a weapon or artillery of some sort i believe, so by putting on special gloves or whatever i guess you can consider it unarmed...although it is still kinda being armed i guess, who knows lol

the best suggestion i have is WEEKLY UPDATES, even if there is no content, an update from OE of what he did that week and what he plans to do in the coming week...this will keep players on pace and in the loop how AE has always been. that is one of the things that made AE special, constant updates and fixes along with GM and DEVs keeping players up to date regularly...bring this back and i guarantee an increase or a more stable population...or just hurry up with some news and/or content for us plzzzzzzz

1. that would take time, which they dont have. 2. that would take money, which they dont want to spend. 3. that would take a commitment, which they dont want to give.

+Quote Post
Zerzil
post Feb 1 2012, 09:27 AM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 673

i would like to see in my hotbar when totems are ready to use the same way feats show there cooldown period not just totems but pots,food and spells basically everything that has a timer.

+Quote Post
Spar
post Feb 15 2012, 09:16 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,208

Buff dirk of the unleash

Rebuff Lance of the North i know you said its buffd good enough but man Moss spike spear is way better then lance of the north and there are about 8 on both servers totall.the lance is eather bugd or somthing just make it nice or somthing and Dirk is just as rare wep and if it was buffd it would complete Hybird build

+Quote Post
Iorthunger
post Feb 16 2012, 01:56 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,024

QUOTE(OneEye @ Feb 15 2012, 05:33 PM) *
QUOTE(Dr Strangelove @ Feb 15 2012, 03:47 PM) *
OK .. Forget the update. We may not like it anyway. How about making some changes to the game as it is right now. In these forums is everything the players want to see implemented...Maybe try some of them...

Get a constructive list going.

Increase level cap to 120 just to give players something to do.. 500mill tnl and small advantages per lvl. Example: Increased bank slots, increased backpack slots, slight movement increase when out of attack mode, extra feats and PVE DPS.

Add more items to the drop tables.. Nothing too extreme or super special, just something new and worth hunting for by all levels. Maybe some items just a step down from sott, eternium and gdi gear.. and maybe 3 or 4 items per class that are a bit better!

Add more to the main lands.. maybe small dragon spawns.. or ''Weakened Dragon'' mobs that drop a large amount of gold, runes, and mid - high lvl items for the newer players who can't afford or don't want to buy expantions yet.

Make the TR mobs worth hunting again! Increase the strength and HP of the mobs and maybe throw Eternium and Neptune into their drop table.. Or new items similar to the high end items of today!

Also, there is quite a few bugs that have not been fixed yet.. For example the bug where mages are unable to open containers or use potions/totems while their spell is ''on''

+Quote Post
Seifer
post Feb 16 2012, 03:56 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 259

Un-nerf DoD. I understand that you decided the abuse of it for leveling quickly was a bad thing, but I think your wrong.

If DoD was as full of options as it was supposed to be, before this came about and most were limited, it would be for the benefit of us all. We would have players developing content and areas that are worth exploring, with rewards.

Also, I enjoy the model of Guild Wars, which is to say you can reach the max level within 7 hours, because End Game content is where the game thrives, so lets let the player get there more quickly. I don't think it's a bad thing at all that you can use DoD to level much more quickly than usual, I think it's great. All of AE's lower level content is very lacking, and it's understandable, the game has continued to evolve since you developed it, so let newer players reach the end of the game, where most of the emphasis is, especially with such a low amount of new players to play with, without the months of grind. There is no reason that we should be forced to do very tedious grinding, because no one enjoys it. It's understandable at earlier levels where you can actually just explore content, but the 105-110 is purely a DTM based grind, there aren't a bunch of new quests to explore and so on, and the amount is so massive no amount of regular quests will do it. It's not fun. The game should be fun, so let us level quicker.

On that note, stam is an issue. No one ever, ever, sits out and goes okay wait guys, I need to get stam back. All it is is that we waste our time and resources buying Greater Stam potions, when we don't need to, going through all these hoops to maintain stam. Stam is not a barrier or a limit to how much we hunt, like "mana" would be to some mages in some games, it's just not fun to micro-manage your stam. It's a chore. Scrap it, or bring back the faction buffs, or something, because the game should be fun.

+Quote Post
Iorthunger
post Feb 16 2012, 04:34 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,024

Being able to level away from everyone without the risk of being attacked is not the solution. How about just increase exp from mobs?

+Quote Post
Ferro
post Feb 16 2012, 04:40 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 814

Adding cool new items, fixing hair, adding more tradeskill items and so on are good suggestions but will players really come back to AE because of these features? Will current players still have that desire to play because of these new additions? I don't think so.

The main problem with AE is continuity. Players reach max level and get whatever items they need and they simply run out of things to do. New hair, tradeskills or new food won't have much of an effect in keeping these player interested in playing. Even updates that bring in new hunting areas and bosses have a time limited effect.

Solution?

Prestige mode: http://forums.pixelminegames.com/index.php?showtopic=18579

+Quote Post
Seifer
post Feb 16 2012, 04:42 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 259

QUOTE(Iorthunger @ Feb 16 2012, 05:34 AM) *
Being able to level away from everyone without the risk of being attacked is not the solution. How about just increase exp from mobs?

H is already dead. I'm talking about L. If your so keen on pk'ing newbs who are just trying to level, well then OE can change it on L only..

+Quote Post
Crazy Chaotic
post Feb 16 2012, 08:18 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 504

imo the fast lvling to say lvl 100 is one of the reasons the game doesnt attract more new players

an (experienced) player can get lvl 110 in a month if all they do is powerlvl (and have no life, but thats another matter)

new players lvl so fast, even solo, that when a new player joins, there hardly is anyone to play with until they get to lvl 80+, at which point alot of players will have left again already
so pretty much, unless u let ppl start at like lvl 80, with some basic gear for that lvl, OR make it harder to lvl again, so new players may find more ppl their lvl to play with and explore, its goin to be hard to get a real increase in playerbase, as i see it

there is plenty to do in the game to enjoy even at low lvls, but yeah, nowadays it seems to be about getting 110 fastest, and then most burn out on the game pretty quick after they managed that.

+Quote Post
Burzy
post Feb 16 2012, 08:40 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,666

http://forums.pixelminegames.com/index.php?showtopic=14747

Im going to re-post this here.. PLEASE ONE EYE, PLEEEAAAAASSSEEE consider this... my god... if i could make people use DOD .... id not care how long an update takes... because people would actually start using DOD...

Take 5 mins and read my first post please, and give me feedback OE.. I'll say please again! See? xD

*********************************************************************************************
I would like the option to buy a store item, that binds to a DoD map portal I've created... This item, would allow a pre-set drop table to be applied to DoD made monsters of a SPECIFIC level range. For example: a drop table for lvl's 25, 50, 75, and 100; each with their own store-bought drop-table binder. 100 tokens per drop-table binder would be decent and consistent with the current pricing for most DoD accesories. Simply put; DoD needs to be more popular. It's under-appreciated, and there's a lot of potential here. We can use it for fun events, to create our own damn content since the devs are so busy.... But in order to get our core player-base into it, it might be best to consider this suggestion.

The items don't need to be ridiculous. In fact, they could easily fall into the description of the original posters design( see topic AE Store Armor ), as I feel those have reasonable stats.

***********************************************************************************************

Some thoughts:

-Players will have stuff to do to entertain them while waiting for new content. This would appeal to peoples competitive nature ("You leet enough to pwn MY dungeon"?)
-DoD will be something people consider buying. Whereas right now, it's a neutered house-pet that no one wants to care for. It does nothing for them. Incentive is everything.
-More happy people with new things to do, are less restless and will be too busy "playing" to complain as often of forums about having nothing to do.
-having the dod-bound-armor defend against "normal damage" ONLY will make it not overpowered for the un dod world, while still allowing players to dress up in it in the real game world, AND negate the need for DEVS to code some method of flagging the gear to behave differently between DOD/Real AE...

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 06:55 PM