SavageKelt
post Feb 24 2011, 01:04 PM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,604

QUOTE(GM Arbiter @ Nov 12 2010, 04:38 PM) *
>bump<

So what if this was implemented? What would the community think of that? Keep in mind that the Chaos Islands are a perpetual start-game pvp opportunity. You die once, you're out. That also means that there's an opportunity for players to learn to play together, and help each other out so they don't die.

Are there still people out there who have been hoping for this, as it was supported quite highly the first time around?

This was actualy origanily my idea. I posted it a long time ago under a differant forum name when it was IWG.

The idea of having to leave when you die was i think something TT came up with and i am 100% against it, if you implement that, any low level player who comes to the island wont stand a chance and eventualy you will only have one person left just killing anyone who comes to the island untill they get bored and quit.

My original idea was for an island. that had only one town, one spawn gate, all items drop from a player and are lootable intantly, high monster spawn rates, high drop rates, you can not transfer on or off the island, no guilds, no crimming. There would be a portal in the sylvest cave the same as mainlands or vels.

I also think that the monsters should reflect the monsters on the mainland exept for like bks and boss mobs. I envisioned this being a place you could get to level 100. the whole reason for high drop rates from mobs would be to keep it pvp orientated. It was pretty much suposed to be like chaos mode on the mainland but all the time and a lot smaller of an area. gcp and ghps should be in for sure.

I for one would love to see this come to life, and since One Eye is working on the game at the moment it would be a good time to think about adding it.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
WrongWay
post Feb 24 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #103

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,473

QUOTE(SavageKelt @ Feb 24 2011, 01:04 PM) *
QUOTE(GM Arbiter @ Nov 12 2010, 04:38 PM) *
>bump<

So what if this was implemented? What would the community think of that? Keep in mind that the Chaos Islands are a perpetual start-game pvp opportunity. You die once, you're out. That also means that there's an opportunity for players to learn to play together, and help each other out so they don't die.

Are there still people out there who have been hoping for this, as it was supported quite highly the first time around?

This was actualy origanily my idea. I posted it a long time ago under a differant forum name when it was IWG.

The idea of having to leave when you die was i think something TT came up with and i am 100% against it, if you implement that, any low level player who comes to the island wont stand a chance and eventualy you will only have one person left just killing anyone who comes to the island untill they get bored and quit.

My original idea was for an island. that had only one town, one spawn gate, all items drop from a player and are lootable intantly, high monster spawn rates, high drop rates, you can not transfer on or off the island, no guilds, no crimming. There would be a portal in the sylvest cave the same as mainlands or vels.

I also think that the monsters should reflect the monsters on the mainland exept for like bks and boss mobs. I envisioned this being a place you could get to level 100. the whole reason for high drop rates from mobs would be to keep it pvp orientated. It was pretty much suposed to be like chaos mode on the mainland but all the time and a lot smaller of an area. gcp and ghps should be in for sure.

I for one would love to see this come to life, and since One Eye is working on the game at the moment it would be a good time to think about adding it.

No thanks.

+Quote Post
Ransik
post Feb 24 2011, 08:41 PM
Post #104

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,422

Look honestly yall are going to far off on this thing all we as players want is the game to be fixed an reset...Yall cant even do that yet so WHY are you even trying to add somethng new to it?? Look man this game was supposta be reset on the 11th here it is the 24th an your talking about adding **** LAME PLZ just reset the game add this other stuff as we go and let the feed back you get be the REAL deal an not some guessing ****;/ ...

+Quote Post
SavageKelt
post Feb 25 2011, 01:02 AM
Post #105

Advanced Member

if you bothererd reading the posts above this one. you would know that most of the work has already been done.
hell the third portal allready sits unused in the leaving sylvest cave rofl.

and wrongway, if you don't like the idea you don't have to go to the island it's a choice thing.

+Quote Post
The Wanderer
post Mar 1 2011, 12:48 AM
Post #106

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,086

This is a pretty bad idea over all IMO. This game is not an MMO like diablo where it was possible to do hardcore mode, this is a MMORPG where people WILL take advantage of you. If this chaos island is implemented you will absolutely see monopolization via powerful guilds who will make this fun for no one. Also you'll probably notice in retrospect that having someone work up a character over a month only to have it die in a humiliating fashion, will burn out a persons taste towards the game. I know I wouldn't want to level the same old thing over and over... what fun is that. You'll be taking long term commitments out of the game as well as character progression, and enforcing a new era of Dransik that makes it a quick addiction, then move on to another game.

+Quote Post
SavageKelt
post Mar 2 2011, 11:47 AM
Post #107

Advanced Member

QUOTE(The Wanderer @ Mar 1 2011, 12:48 AM) *
This is a pretty bad idea over all IMO. This game is not an MMO like diablo where it was possible to do hardcore mode, this is a MMORPG where people WILL take advantage of you. If this chaos island is implemented you will absolutely see monopolization via powerful guilds who will make this fun for no one. Also you'll probably notice in retrospect that having someone work up a character over a month only to have it die in a humiliating fashion, will burn out a persons taste towards the game. I know I wouldn't want to level the same old thing over and over... what fun is that. You'll be taking long term commitments out of the game as well as character progression, and enforcing a new era of Dransik that makes it a quick addiction, then move on to another game.

Hence why i say it shouldn't be perma death, there should be no guilds and like i said before it's just a small island you can chose to bring a char to, it's not going to impact the mainland at all, no one would be forcing you to go there.

Vels= a world for people who don't want pvp, mainlands= a world with an equal mix of pvp/pve, chaos isle= a world almost completely geared towards pvp.

+Quote Post
Miller
post Mar 2 2011, 02:06 PM
Post #108

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

I think there are far more important things they could do than waste time with this ****. You want a chaos island do the orginal plan for AE that was discussed in pre ds, which was a chaos server. 5x SI, 5x Drop Increase, 5X Exp. Full drop, full loot, you die once you have to start over.

+Quote Post
The Wanderer
post Mar 2 2011, 03:01 PM
Post #109

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,086

I agree with Miller.

On the side note I just want to mention this is exactly what Ultima Online did back in 2000. They sold off their game which had global pvp just like dransik, to EA games. EA games then added a split world with no pvp in which over 70% of the population migrated to. Then the game had its steady downfall from there due to lack of excitement.

If you want PvE and game lore i highly suggest another game, because Dransik has no novel that it is based on, and its strictly focused on open ended pvp. Doing anything otherwise will take away from it's exciting game play just because a few miners get killed every now and then. There are PLENTY of other games were you can be safe 100% of the time. Dransik needs to remain one giant world. Plus we dont have enough players to split this into multiple servers. I started a new char and I still have yet to see ANY other players. I would understand this necessity if we have several thousands of players... however we dont.

+Quote Post
kung fu
post Oct 3 2012, 11:58 AM
Post #110

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,351

fist bump

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 11:24 PM