Reply to this topicStart new topic
> there is no greater good, an orcish lovestory
Blam
post Apr 17 2008, 01:27 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 329

Let me mention before I start that I am not native english. My english sucks. I feel an urge to write this story though and poor yous will have to suffer under this urge. -shrugs- It could be all worse for you, you could be me.

there is no greater good

I allways think I met you in the Termigonmine that was somewhere west of Whisperdale. But that's not true. I must have invented this because it would have been romantic to be lost in a mine with you.
First thing I really remember was your announcement on the door of the old temple of Arna. Lotors barkers were reading the list aloud to the people on the markets. You had listed even some elvish thieves and murderers. I bet they must have hated you for that.

I will never forget how long we have spend on bridges to guard them from trolls and the first signs of the Rune warriors. It was a good decision to wander around the lands. You were allways so calm.

Do you remember when I had my first house and I invited you and I thought friendship is enough to justify sex and I asked you if you want some on the roof of my house, not even thinking about the different races. Not even imagining that an elf might not want an orcish woman like me.
I had been a sheep.

You refused and I thought it must be because you dedicated your life to Arna. Not imagining that orcish women might not be appealing in an elf's eyes. You said there was someone else. It was no drama, all was fun, I was young at heart.

While the Runewarriors started to become a real threat to all of us, we were fighting every day. Each of us guarding the other ones back.

One clouded morning I was waiting for you on the field north of Arda. You approached. A soft wind was playing with your long mousebrown hair. And suddenly I saw you, the reality of what you were, a child to your people. And I felt old. You would still live when I would be long dead. I did not say anything and we went to kill some ettins that had ambushed a caravan of traders from Parian.

Some days later your hand touched my hand and I was lost.

I could not go on like before. Every day I was more aware of my orcishness, my age, my mortality. I lost my happy sheepishness and my heart started to ache. It was aching the whole day in the end.

It was not for a greater good that I left you and went to join the Defenders of Light. I was bound to die anyways. Maybe you could live in peace at least. When I was watching down to the Rune Warriors from the hill. I thought I would die that day. I was sure I would die. I was welcoming death. We gave a deafening battlecry and rushed forth into the pool of darkness below. In front of me and to my side the Defenders of Light were falling. I was healing as much as I could then I received a stunning blow to my head and I fell.

I awoke. The battlefield was full of the miasma of death, but I was alive. Flies were sitting on decaying corpses. I crawled out of there. I don't know why I still live. Maybe it is due to the mercy of Isos.
We never met again. I try to continue my existence but I am only a shadow of myself. I could just as well be dead.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blam
post Apr 21 2008, 02:12 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 329

Verso

I married early, very early. She had one of those very long elfish names, I called her Jivvin, Fun. She was like in a man's dream, long blond hair, voluptuous body, and she was showing what she had. I married her mainly because I wanted to rip off her clothes and so on. Sadly she had a different view about being married. Her idea of marriage included a lot of shopping. When I came home she usually sat there with cucumbers on her eyes and said she had headache. It did not take long till I did not go back home but went in the tavern with my friends. That was my life when the Rune Warriors started to torment the lands. I was a guard serving the temple of Arna. Our town had been a quiet place, but more and more strange and dangerous foes attacked it, a lot of undead creatures we had never seen before.
The problems at home were not that important to me any more. On my days off I was hunting and killing evil creatures where I found them. I met an orc who was fighting against the evil too. She was very chaotic and that was very interesting for me. We were a good team. She seemed to like to kill. Her favourite sentence was "kill em all" "nequ ech isch". But mostly she healed me while I was wacking the monsters with my favourite blunt weapon. Maybe I have been hanging around too much with clerics.
It took me weeks to find out she's a girl. All orcs looked alike to me.

One day she invited me to her home. She showed me the view from the roof of her house and suddenly she started to undress. I thought it was some kind of orcish ritual but no, she indicated she wanted something from me. Ewww. I spluttered some excuses and ran. At home Jivvin was waiting for me. She wanted to show me her new dress. She had some green stuff in her face and said it was a face pack to make her skin cleaner or whatever. And in that moment I thought, she looks like an orc herself. And maybe there's not so much of a difference. She never listened to me and it was still unclear to me what she wanted. Someone to tell her how fashionable her new dress is, some kind of toy?

On the next day I was hunting with the orc again. We killed a bunch of ettins and had a campfire later. She was more quiet as usuall. After I put a dry branch on the fire I touched her hand, I tried to make it look as if it was coincidence, but when our hands met it was as if an electric shock went through me. I was confused. I yelled at the orc and ran away. How can it be that I became so lonesome that I would fall in love with an orc? I slept a night in the wilderness, alone. Then I went home and told Jivvin I want a divorce. I told her she has a day to leave and I wouldn't help her to move out. Then I went in the tavern and drank till I lost consciousness.

When I woke up my tongue was like a piece of cloth in my mouth and tiny demons were playing on my head with drumsticks. I went to the house of the orc and she was gone. The other orcs old me she was gone to fight the Rune Warriors. I couldn't follow, I had duties to fulfill.

Jivvin went back to her parents and somehow I was happy she was gone. I only met the orc again once, many years later. She went angry when she saw me and sent me away, I don't know why. To me she will allways be like she was on that evening at the campfire. I send her a letter every year on Isos's day. And she never answers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 02:15 AM