Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tales from The Krythan Crypt., Where the untold stories of the dead... are finally told.
Mazrath
post Jul 17 2008, 01:17 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 383

Tales From the Krythan Krypt

Your Adventure

You have heard the rumors that the crypt, that’s not so far from Varg, contains the walking dead. You have heard similar rumors spread across the land, but you denied them. On impulse on one particularly depressing day, you decide to hike the Krythan Crypt.

As soon as you arrive, you feel a chill race down your spine sending goose bumps throughout your body. At first you question your resolve. You briefly plead with yourself, that this is a terrible idea. The other part of you, laughs it off, walking dead!

You slowly crawl down the ladder and light your lamp. As the lamp is lit, the area is bathed with light blessed by Lord Isos himself. This thought comforts you a little. The air is damp and stale and with a smell you can not identify. You slowly walk down the long corridor. On both sides of the wall you can see the bones of the dead, a skull carved from stone that hovers a pool of blood. You try and swallow, but the lump in your throat refuses to budge.

In the distance, or possibly not so distant, you hear a rattling noise. At first you dismiss it as a rat creeping through the bones that lay scattered. Then your heart misses a beat and then quickens.. Rumor’s claim of skeletons walking around as if they were alive.

You slowly raise your weapon… "I am not afraid" you shout into the darkness. The sound of your voice sends you into a panic. Now you can hear the distant dripping of water, or maybe you just hoped it was water.

You take a left turn and pass a decayed blue banner. "The dead are dead, nothing more." You chuckle, perhaps to try and calm yourself or to try and confirm your beliefs. In response you hear the distant chants of a summoner. You raise your weapon and prepare for battle. You run towards the source of the chanting.

You come to a cloaked figure in red, its face is hidden by its cowl, but you can see the red eyes. Suddenly bones start moving on your own. From all over you can see bits and pieces of skeletal remains gathering to one spot… and they begin to assemble. As the process finishes, the cloaked figure reveals it’s face.

"You.. . you…" Is all you manage to say as you slowly lose grip of your weapon. You quickly turn around and start running blindly. Everywhere you go you begin to see lifeless corpses come to life. You see Zombies with rotting flesh… more skeletons some dressed in rusted armor.

Your frantic running come to a sudden halt as you fall through a hole. As you lay there, you look over to see a ladder. You lay there, praying that the undead would not find you there. You can feel your heart pounding as if it were ready to explode any moment….

After several minutes you rise from the floor. You bring your lamp up above your head and look around. Four Hallways, each leading to a room. At the end of one of the hallways you see the faint glowing of torches. Could someone also be lost?

As you walk down the hallway towards the mysterious light, you see a figure unlike anything you have ever seen. A man so disfigured it could make an ogre look beautiful. The man is large and muscular, you can see in his hands a blood red scythe.

At first you raise your weapon, and charge the creature. You then hear a whimpering noise, and with the aid of your lamp you look into the eyes of the creature… as disfigured and terrifying as the man was, he had perhaps the kindest eyes you had ever seen.

The sight was like a hammer being smashed into his chest. In defeat you drop your weapon, how could anyone harm such a thing?

"You are here to kill me?" The man asked, in a frightened voice.
"No… I just…" shame washes over you. "I was just lost and you startled me," You say finally.
"I am Hugla the Crypt Keeper," Hugla said. "I am the care taker of those who rest here." You slowly move towards Hugla, leaving your weapon behind.

"You mustn’t be a good Keeper, this place is crawling with the dead." You say, half jokingly, half terrified.
"They are harmless." Hugla said smiling, or what you think was a smile.
"One of your harmless guests nearly killed me!"
"They do that… to protect me." Hugla said. "To the world I am feared. Because I look like this, I am viewed as an evil monster. Only hear, within the crypt may I find peace. I am sorry you were attacked. To make it up to you, I can tell you a story,"

"A story? What kind of compensation is that?" You shout in anger, you quickly realise what you have done and step back, bowing your head.
"It is all I can offer you… But I can tell you stories that you would not find anywhere else." Hugla said proudly. "No bard could tell you these."

You consider your options, and you agree.

"So many stories, so little time." Hugla chuckled.

[Coming Soon: Prua The Stealer]

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mazrath
post Jul 18 2008, 08:20 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Prua The Stealer

Part One

Prua Blackhammer stood in the doorway of her father’s blacksmith room, playing with her lock, thick, auburn hair. The intense heat from the forge made her feel uncomfortable. Prua stared at her father’s broad back. He was shirtless so she could see the large sweat beads slowly crawl their way down his back.

In her father’s hands he held a pair of tongs. Using them to reach into the blazing forge to extract the metal he was working on. As he pulled the metal out, Prua could see the metal glow a dangerous red. He then quickly transferred the metal from the forge to the large black anvil. Prua could then see her father reach for a hammer, and with unimaginable strength he held the hammer in the air and struck the burning chunk of metal spraying sparks everywhere. Each strike sounded like a clap of thunder from a Storm Giant. Prua admired the whole process and the strength required to perform the craft.

Prua stood still at the room’s entrance. Silently she prayed to Veldan that her father would notice her. Done praying. She sighed and left the room Not even the gods can pry him from his work. she thought amused.

Prua’s father, Elrick Blackhammer, was the current Foreman of the Cliffside Mining Company; one of two Mining Companies owned and operated by the Silvest Nobles. She had lived at the small village, whose residents all work for the Mining Company, for fourteen years. She would turn seventeen in the following week.

Prua walked down a long corridor, all silent except for the constant sounds of hammering. The walls plastered with paintings from all over the world. They depict epic battles between good and evil, gorgeous landscapes, and portraits of the previous Foreman. Prua would normally love to gaze at these distant places, but her mind was on something more important. The love of her life had proposed to her that very morning. She sighed as she continued to walk down the corridor, with thoughts of love and weddings.

As Prua left the Cliffside Mining Company’s building, she left a cool breeze blow over her. "Much better than that smithy," she said cheerfully. A few people turned their attention to her, but then continued with their own business. Her mind swam in thoughts of Endricks Norsilth as she walked home with a cheerful smile.

Cliffside was a small village, comprising of a few shops and houses. The majority of the village lived in a single large building. One would think the place be crowded, if it was no one noticed. The Blackhammer clan, which now only composed of Prua, her father, and grandfather, had a small house on the edge of town.

That evening Prua served dinner; beef stew and mutton. Sitting across the table was her father, a very large muscular man with thick bushy brow. To her left sat her grandfather with graying hair and beard. To Prua’s right sat her Fiancee, a much smaller man dressed in fancy attire.

While they ate, Prua couldn’t help but fidget with her engagement ring, a beautiful diamond ring, that rested on her slender ring finger. The men discussed the current state of the Mining Company, even her fiancee seemed to have forgotten about her. She sighed and continued to eat the meal.

Once dinner was over she had to tell.

"Endricks," Prua whispered. Endricks could tell that she wanted to share the good news, and he simply nodded. "Father, Grandfather, Endricks and I have some important news to share." Prua said as she and Endricks abruptly stood up. Prua could see the two men’s expressions turn from sour, they had been discussing the current pirate problem, to pure joy. Inwardly Prua sighed with relief, for some reason she thought this would be disasterous.

The rest of the evening was spent discussing wedding plans.

+Quote Post
Knoll
post Jul 19 2008, 09:14 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 528

QUOTE(Mazrath @ Jul 18 2008, 08:20 AM) *
purposed

proposed*

+Quote Post
Mazrath
post Jul 20 2008, 09:54 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

There I fixed that spelling error. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th December 2019 - 08:54 AM