Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roleplaying Map, Get your history on every town, city, etc.
Sir Chris
post Sep 27 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,974

I want to bring a sorta roleplaying feel to the map I'm creating. When you click on place you get history on the place you are viewing. Here is a list of all the places that will need summaries. This isn't all of them I'm not quiet done with the map yet but if anyone has good writing skills and wants to do this thanks. Oh and could someone pin this for me please.

Here is how it will show in the description area of the map project

e.g.
Name: Grell
Surrounding Areas: Arda, Valekar's Fortress
History: It is a underground town. so
on and so forth.

The List

Grell 3240, 3607
Arda 3399, 3482
Valmond 2712, 2203
Lotor's Prison 262, 1181
Snake Pit 342, 743
Mirth's Cave 441, 776
Darushk
Ethera Mining Company
Gnobol Mauseleum
Gnobol Manor
Infiltrator
Elsinea Manor
Anduin Island
Kobold Village
Drakken
Hammerfist Mine
Orc Raider Fort
Altargrade
Duremar Tomb
Elsinea Manor
Gnobol Manor
Gnobol Mauseleum
Darushk
Autumn Hunting Lodge
Josody Theif Fort
Orc Fort
Kobold Castle
Scalo's Den
Karzak Cove
Valley of the Dead
Cliffside
Malmondrik
Valekar's Fortress
Necropolis
Mnemmon Gaol
Mnemmon
Lord Vezryl's Estates
Dragoon Island
Mirthik's Island
Syldural
PvP Island
Grell
Vel Dran
Resource Valley
New Korelth
Scorched Island
Lopal
Werewolf Island
Kharfra
Ruhura
Realestate Island
Desprail
Badlands
Valley of Gaints
Castle of Artraxis
Ettin Island
Lycanth
Hell Island
Verthpool
Fort Eastwatch
Silvest
Varg
Hothbra
Lotor's Castle
Guild Arena Island
Jeel
GM Island
Party Island
Minotuar's Island
Lotor's Summer Palace
Valinor
Valinor Island
Lotor's Prison
Northern Forst Gaint Island
Duremar
Hammerfist
Meroven
Ringhaven Citadel
Farstead Keep
Teylan
Valmond
Parian
Parian Theif Fort
Emporium Abbey
Dawat
Josody
Proudblood Valley
Dunmarrow
Gulley
Redwake
Darkfell
Autumn
Whisperdale
Broken Finger Town
Cherla
Samad
Maraket
Arda
Ethera Palace

Of coarse anyone that helps with the map gets credit!
Thanks to anyone that helps I really appreciate it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/AECbiggrin.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Erudite
post Oct 1 2008, 11:41 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 340

im curious about how you get the coordinates to the town. some towns have more than one entrance like Parian, Chlera, Silvest, etc. or are you getting the sextant reading from the sign with the name of the town on it? some towns have 2 signs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

i like you sir chris, your maps are very helpful (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Gimest
post Oct 1 2008, 05:05 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,312

I suggest that u remove this topic to some other forum cuz theres not many that read this one often.

Ps. Keep up the good work, been reading ur ideas and things ur doing for the community, and theyr great!

+Quote Post
Zem the Silvite
post Mar 7 2010, 02:41 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,746

A lot of Dransik lore can be found in places throughout the lands, and I thought it would be neat to gather them all into some kind of history book. There's a lot of info to sift through, however. And then, there are the towns that no longer exist (like towns from DC) which are not really part of AE, but still have a history to them (like Farm Town).

+Quote Post
Kagham
post Mar 11 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,049

The way Farm Town was shaped doesn't exist anymore, but I think essentially Arda is Farm Town. (Farda was the name of Farm Town, it just never got a sign, or at least this is what I was told by Artek, who was one of the designers back then, at the time Farm Town was added.)

I agree though, it would be nice if there were a collected "history" document, of all the lore found in signs, and quest conversations. Would making RP backgrounds and stories which are technically accurate much easier.

+Quote Post
Erudite
post Mar 15 2010, 07:40 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 340

cmon kaggie you can do better than that, we were in farm town farming when the devs decided to pull down servers and change the map! then we had to stumble around till we found krog xP remember?!?!?! farm town woulda been northwest of what is now valekar's fortress. the road is still there but where farmtown used to be is grassy with trees an a few mobs.

+Quote Post
Zem the Silvite
post Sep 4 2012, 03:26 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I think it may actually be where the Ghosts spawn for the Dawat Worker... he says it is an ancient burial site.

+Quote Post
SERVENT
post Sep 4 2012, 11:40 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,925

lol how perfect would that be that the ancient burial site was a farm? Ever wonder why the crops grew so well? good fertilizer they used there.

+Quote Post
Zem the Silvite
post Sep 7 2012, 07:14 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Turns out that Farmtown existed in DC, too, also known as Welderant. However, it's location was actually south of the modern-day Ale Warehouse (which was built on top of the burial ground, according to the Dawat Worker). Welderant (Farmtown) in DC was located on the southern bank of the river arm that runs horizontally just south of the warehouse, and west of the modern-day Orc Guard Outpost, just across the bridge (which was not there before, was it?) I'm pretty sure the DNW version of Farmtown was in the same spot, but I may be wrong. I think I remember there being some open space to the west of the town, instead of it abutting the river.

Still, the dead from Farmtown could have been buried north of the city. Who knows?

+Quote Post
Zem the Silvite
post Sep 7 2012, 07:38 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

I am attempting to compile a collection of Dransik's history and mythology, but I've never actually played the original version of the game, only the 'Iso' version that you all know as Ashen Empires. I am planning to build both an ancient history (for Dransik) and a modern history (for AE), and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some of their knowledge regarding the history of Dransik 'Classic'. I just have a few questions:

1) Which races control the towns? I know Parian, and Josody, and Krythan Island, Chlera, etc. are all human cities. But the old cities, like Solodon, Grognarl, Zolkranian Village, T'Elbek, D'Golar, Bloodwater, Roctra, Welderant(Farmtown), Lyrina, Kurass, Watercastle, Dexmor, Ayle, Osgarl, Ayaress, etc?

2) Are the 'Battlegrounds' in anyway connected to modern-day Necropolis? An undead NPC in Necropolis talks about some place called 'Starhaven.' Any idea what that is? And are the Battlegrounds just the early version of the Battle Plains? Or was there some battle that happened there?

3) What is up with Velsinea? Why isn't it shown on any Dransik world maps? The land of darkness? Untouched by evil?

4) There is a Dragon Island located southeast of Parian in some of the maps I've found. Is this a second Dragon Island, including the one from Velsinea? Or did they move it?

Thanks in advance.

+Quote Post
Andrew Jackson J...
post Dec 3 2012, 06:03 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,509

Bump educate us plz!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th December 2019 - 09:54 PM