> Astari Guard- The Original., The Story That Started It All
Mazrath
post Apr 1 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 383

Chapter 20: The Past of Mazrath and Talazar
There was a loud cracking noise from behind Tazryl, looking back he saw Mazrath. His appearance had drastically changed since their last meeting. His dark brown hair was messy, clothing in tatters, and looked starved. Thrilled he was alive almost all fear had escaped him for a moment. On different circumstances he would have run up to him and hugged him, however they were in a tight bind. They were in the world of Darkness, Agon’s Lair.

"Could that be you?" Mazrath asked as he walked passed him, "How could this be?"
"So my suspicions are correct," Valekar said eyeing Mazrath. confused, Tazryl wondered how could they have possibly know each other? "You were the weakling that almost lost you the war!" Valekar laughed. Tazryl looked from Valekar to Mazrath.
"What does he mean?" Tazryl asked now looking at Mazrath.
"Seems clear to me, he’s talking about my failure during the Rune War," Mazrath said simply, "how long has it been since it ended? Two Hundred years?" Mazrath sighed. His fearless eyes were now full of fear.
"Your friend here, was part of the ‘Chosen Twelve’ as they were called." Valekar smiled, "It was during the final battle at Parian was it not?"
"Yes, it was," Mazrath frowned. He stared at the floor, "it was my job to take out any of the Rune Warriors that threatened the fight between Talazar and Valekar. At first I was cutting them down as if they were nothing. I guess I got cocky, a habit that still haunts me," Mazrath slightly smiled, "They charged all at once, over powering me. Talazar almost died that day. if it were not for Artraxis and Ryonkah," Mazrath slowly looked up at Valekar who was sporting a very joyous grin, "What the hell are you smiling at! You lost remember?"
The grin on Valekar’s face quickly faded, "We may have lost, but I survived along with a handful of my men, ever since we have been growing in numbers!" Valekar’s smile returned to his battle hardened face,

The room fell into silence. The skulls surrounding us seemed as if they were watching us. Tazryl shivered at the thought. Undead creatures seemed to always give him goose-bumps. The silence continued for a long time, Valekar grinning, Mazrath staring blankly at the floor, and Tazryl thinking over what he heard.

"This would make you over two hundred years old," Tazryl said, "even for Astari that is impressive,"
"I’ll be two-hundred fifty-five next month," Mazrath said with amusement. "What’s really interesting is the fact that I do not look much older than forty" he said returning to his old self again. Tazryl had no idea his teacher could be that old, to be so old and yet not look more than forty.

Loud banging interrupted Tazryl’s thoughts. They all looked towards the door behind Valekar. Slowly the ancient metal doors opened and two Talazarian Soldiers marched in. They were an easy seven feet tall with broad shoulders. their face was a golden brown with 2 red eyes. Their skin was a black-grayish color. The first one carried a long serrated sword, while the other held a great spear.
"Sir, we have been ordered to take these two to Master Lord Talazar," The one with the sword said firmly. Valekar looked from Tazryl to Mazrath and shrugged.
"So be it, I have more important things to deal with any ways." Valekar left the room. The second Talazarian Soldier mumbled a few words and a popping noise.
"For someone so important, that Valekar can forget to do the most basic things," The Soldier with the Spear said, sounding annoyed. Tazryl felt his hands become heavy as well as his ankles. He looked down to discover large shackles. Tazryl struggled to break free but was quickly stopped by Mazrath,
"Not even an Ogre King could escape these." Mazrath sighed, "they are made from the finest Talenite with powerful enchantments. Sadly, they only will last an hour two at tops." Tazryl looked down at his shackles and gave in. Shackled in a place crawling with Talazarian and Rune Warriors was not his ideal place to be.

"All right you maggots, come with us." They both marched out of the room. Tazryl considered staying there, but knew it was pointless. Any resistance and it could mean death. They walked down corridor after corridor in silence. The walls were almost always bare. Sometimes a little dip in the wall would have a small altar with a large basin full of blood, with three skulls surrounding the basin of blood. At first these disturbed Tazryl, but soon he became used to it, a sickening thought. small braziers lit the corridors, other then that it was dark and cold. After many twists and turns we finally stopped infront of two large oak doors. The soldier carrying the Sword banged on the door with his giant fist.
"Come in," Said a loud cold voice from behind the door. The soldiers quickly pushed the doors open to reveal a large room. A red carpet lined the middle of the room leading to a throne. On either side of the rug stood large braziers all were a blaze. Sitting on the throne was a giant demon like creature. Its skin was pitch black, its eyes were a blood red, on its back were large black wings. Its ankle were bigger then Tazryl’s head.
"Greetings Mazrath, how long has it been since we last saw each other?" The large figure said,
"Its been to long… Talazar." Mazrath replied, "I believe its been over 200 years? If my memory serves me right, I think It was when you spared my life."
"Yes well, you always did have great potential," Talazar said, "You were to stupid to realize it. So exactly how did you escape the clutches of the Rune Armor? You were longing for it…" Tazryl was shocked to learn Mazrath wanted the infamous Rune Armor, such evil they are!
"I almost did not. For along time I just roamed the land causing all sorts of chaos." Mazrath’s voice was full of regret and sorrow, "It was as if I had no control over my body. I would steal and slay anyone who crossed me… decades past and nothing changed. My enemies were quickly destroyed and I became a wanted man. I had nothing to fear and nothing to lose. You could track me down with ease, for wherever I went blood spill was sure to follow." Tazryl listened to the story with disgust, "Then one day it all changed. Lord Isos saw that my heart was not fully corrupt and that there was still hope. He took me to his realm. Such a realm it was! Brilliant colors of light shown everywhere it was as if no darkness exsisted, not even shadows. He had to chain me," Mazrath nodded towards our shackles, "to prevent me from doing anything rash. He placed his hand over my heart and the hate and anger within my heart faded to almost nothing. Lady Ulthien, goddess of life, took care of the rest. She looked me in the eyes and with a glowing scythe she killed me. "While only in death, can one fully rid the desire of the Rune Armor" she said as she brought me back to life. I was a new man, pure of heart I was. Heh, I bet I was more pure then a saint! I was only allowed to return to the land of Dransik after swearing two things. First, to protect and defend the innocent and to do my best to serve the good. Second, when a boy named Tazryl is born become his guardian, and to teach him once he becomes part of the Astari Guard…" Mazrath finished his story. Tazryl noticed a interesting expression on his face, apparently he had said to much. Talazar was fascinated with the story. An amused expression was on his face.

"So it is true…" Talazar whispered, "Guards, take them to their new rooms." Four large Talazarian Soldiers moved forward to take hold of Tazryl and Mazrath. As they approached a blinding light stopped them. Tazryl could hear Talazar yell in pain, but Tazryl could not see why. The light was pleasant, peaceful, and warm. Then he heard a male voice, coming from the light
"Come young Astari, let us leave this Darkness," the voice said. Tazryl closed his eyes unsure what would happen next. He felt his body become lighter and soon it was as light as a feather. Closing his eyes, Tazryl felt his feet hit the ground. "You may open your eyes," The voice said, "You are safe, no harm shall come to you, not here any ways,"

Tazryl opened his eyes and looked around. The room was full of bright colors. Amusing himself he made sure he had a shadow, only to find there was none. He felt at home, a feeling he had not felt for so long, After a few moments, the room appeared to be like a regular house.

"Lord Isos, its so nice to see you again." Mazrath bowed towards the man. Isos looked human. He had brown hair and pale skin. He wore silk clothing, he could have been a stranger on the street, and your only thought would be he was rich. "Forgive me, I got wrapped up in the story…" Mazrath tried to explain but was cut off.
"No that is perfectly fine," Lord Isos said in a calming voice, "I don’t believe it was ever meant to be a secret, although I am very happy you did." Isos looked Tazryl over for a moment, "So are you going to introduce me?" With a puzzled expression, Mazrath stared at Isos, "I see your manners have not improved," Isos said almost laughing.

"My name is Tazryl," Tazryl said bowing, "It is honor to meet you, Lord Isos God of light."
"Hear that Mazrath! You could learn a thing from him." Isos laughed, "Its been awhile since I had some decent company. "

"Umm, Lord Isoss, I thought we were in Agon’s Lair?" Tazryl asked, "So why was Talazar there?" the smile faded from Isos’s face and was replaced with a frown.
"As I am sure you are aware, Talazar was once the greatest warrior in the land." Isos began, "He could beat anyone in a duel, whether it be in combat, archery, or magic. Not even the Rune Warriors could stand up against him, and they were created by a God of Darkness." Isos moved over towards a large bookshelf and pulled a thick book. "You see, the Rune Artifacts are such evil creations. Its a pitty that my brother Kuthos’s Runes could be used in such a horrible manner. With the aid of the rune armor and the spells they learned from Agon they created the Rune Armor. Anyone who got a hold of such a piece, they would instantly change. Even being within the area with it could be a challenge not to turn. This was also the result of many arguments amongst Lotor’s Soldiers during the Rune War. All except Talazar was unaffected," Isos paused for a moment reading something from the book, "His heart was so pure and just that it acted as a shield. If only that had lasted. When someone with such a pure heart and god like talents in combat, archery, and magic, they become a very powerful enemy. For over 200 years, Talazar had been exposed to the Rune Armor. He wore it in battles and I bet he wore a piece of it when he slept. Even the Pure of heart can become corrupt. Along with becoming evil, the Rune Armor can also change you physically. Thus the reason Talazar no longer looks like a human, but a demon of hell." Isos put his book away and looked at Tazryl.

"I’m sorry… but that does not answer my question." Tazryl said, "It explains how powerful he has become so powerful and why he is no longer human, but why is he reigning over Agon’s domain?"

"Your right, " Isos pulled another book and flipped through its pages. "Believe it or not, but even a god can lose in battle. Because Talazar was so strong when he is pure of heart, think of what he could accomplish with the Rune Armor? With out its power he could probably challenge any god and come close to defeating them. Kill them? No, but we as gods can only remain the ruler of our realm if we can defend it. Talazar has become so strong that he can now control the very heavens. It is only with the aid of all of the Divine Gods can Lotor even protect his Kingdom. Which isn’t saying much these days." Isos noticed Tazryl looking all around as if enemies would sprout out of nowhere, "You are safe here. Lucky for me, Talazar can not stand the light in here, not even his minions. So as long as I stay here I am safe, but that means I can only do a few things from here." Isos sighed, "I am a cow trapped in a closed pasture… free to roam in only this room to do what I please. But to never leave" Isos sighed again and answered the question on Tazryl’s Mind, "Well that is a good question. " Isos said with amusement, "The only reason I was able to save you from Agon’s Domain was because I opened a portal linking these two realms together. This was risky, so you better not make me regret it. If a Rune Warrior or even Agon tried to enter I could not stop them."

"So what you are saying is…" Tazryl almost couldn’t say it, "Is that Talazar is powerful enough to defeat the gods! How can he do that! You must be lying!"
"I am afraid he is correct Tazryl…" Mazrath said after being silent for so long, "Although normally Talazar couldn’t something in recent years has allowed him to do just that."

The world was crashing around Tazryl. How long would it be before Talazar took control of the kingdom? That it would be the good that hides in the shadows rather then evil? Already, Ethera’s Palace, New Korelth, and Darkfell have fallen into his grasp.

"There is hope though…" Isos said, "While Malith was alive he had a vision. A vision that he was not intended to have, it was of a Astari named Tazryl being able to stop some great evil. He would not be successful to destroy it. But to be able to destroy the thing this great evil had." Isos said as he put the book back and pulled another. "We all thought he was getting to full of himself. But we were wrong. The prophecy is refering to Talazar as the great evil. It also refers to a boy named Tazryl who will stop him from destroying that which is good. Now you are wondering how do we know its you, am I right? Well that is simple, there has not been a single person named Tazryl for over 200 years. You are the one the prophecy speaks of." Isos put the book away as the shackles around Tazryl’s and Mazrath’s hands and ankles fell to the ground with a loud thud. "Now I guess I will return you back to Dransik…"

the room suddenly filled with bright light blinding them. Once again Tazryl’s body became as light as a feather, he felt warm and at peace as if the last week or so never happened. They then landed in an opening in some forest, a familiar forest. Tazryl heard screams and looked around, there was a small hut.

"Tazryl? Mazrath! Is that you!" A lady came rushing out of the hut, she was in charge of protecting the entrance to the Astari Guard HQ. "Its been almost 2 years! Where have you been, we all thought you were dead.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mazrath
post Apr 1 2008, 10:19 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Chapter 21: Officialy Dead

Tazryl and Mazrath stared at her with grins. "Always with the jokes," Mazrath said as he hugged her. She wore an Astari Ceremonial dress, hers was a dark red. Her long blonde hair was neatly put up. "It was maybe two months at top-"Mazrath paused as he noticed her wardrobe. "Taking this joke a bit far?"
"I don’t believe I have ever seen you so… dressed up." Taryl said to end the silence. She just stood there as Tazryl hugged her.
"You... you’re alive!" She gasped, "It’s true! Oh for heavens sake where have you been?" She said, "It has been two years, all of us have given up and you both were declared dead." She said, "But here you are in the flesh!"

Confused, Tazryl said, "What are you talking about? As Mazrath said, it’s been maybe two months at best. Last we saw you, you were complaining about how your son was aggravating the livestock."
"Seriously, you’re taking this joke way to far, even by your standards." Mazrath said eyeing her. Her face was now of anger. Ellen was known through out the Astari Guard for her pranks.
"I am not joking!" she bellowed, she raised her fist and hit Mazrath directly in the jaw, "Now answer my question, where have you been?" Ellen was also well known for her temper, "Do not make me beat it out of you!" she warned.
"We were at… well…" Mazrath looked at Tazryl for help. "You probably wont believe us even if we told you."
"Try me," Ellen said making a fist.
"Fine, just don’t hit me!" Mazrath said rubbing his jaw. For the next hour Mazrath and Tazryl explained everything, except for the whole meeting with Talazar and Lord Isos. They told how Ethera Palace had been taken over, that the murders at Ethera’s Mining Company were done to protect the secret. They told her how Ethera’s Palace was over run by Talazar’s Minions and how Crystal the Ogre Tamer died and that her ogres are now protecting the mountains and roads around the city.

"So the rumors were true…" Ellen gasped, "There had been rumors of large groups of Ogres in that area. For the past two years there has been no contact between Ethera’s Palace and the Astari Guard. We assumed you had died and the town was over run by Ogres. But if your story is true then, Talazar claims yet another city." Ellen looked scared. It was not like Ellen to look scared, so when you see her like this you knew something was wrong.
"You are not joking…" Mazrath sounded shocked, "That felt like it happened just yesterday."
"You mean to say we have missed out on two years?" Tazryl’s jaw fell.

For a long time they stood there at the entrance to the town of the Astari Guard in silence. A light breeze blew across their faces.

"So why are you in a Ceremonial dressing?" Tazryl asked breaking the silence.
"Well, it was not until a week ago did they officially mark you as dead. The funeral and memorial is being held today" She replied.
"So Tazryl, want to go to your funeral?" Mazrath had that devilish smile on his face once more and Tazryl knew what Mazrath was thinking. How often do you get to crash your own funeral? Mazrath lived for moments like these.

+Quote Post
Knoll
post Apr 2 2008, 05:45 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 528

Excellent story! I thoroughly enjoyed it

+Quote Post
Mazrath
post Apr 2 2008, 03:15 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Toasty
post May 22 2008, 11:39 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 332

I want more Ganon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)
I've always loved your writing (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th December 2019 - 07:08 AM