Behinx
post Sep 10 2018, 01:26 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,139

QUOTE(OneEye @ Sep 6 2018, 06:40 PM) *
QUOTE(Reisou @ Sep 6 2018, 02:50 PM) *
Welcome back, Zarq. I have two concerns

1 - I'll be the first to ask. Any plans to do anything with Dransik? I know you kept it alive with love for a long time as if it was your child.

2 - I think you guys need to do a huge balance pass on the early game of AE. I don't think the early game is new player friendly what so ever, and it will lead to a lot of people dropping out right after Valinor in its current state IMO. It's been a couple years since I did the early game, but the game hasn't changed and here is some reasons off top of my head.

A) Stamina drain as a melee is absurd once you're off Valinor. It makes the game very unenjoyable as you are waiting to regain stamina to even hit a equal level monster that you've been in combat with at half hp. After you eventually kill it, you're then waiting for the stamina to regen like you're a mage drinking water in Vanilla WoW after one kill.

B ) Because of the stamina drain the best way to level is to run the dynamic Monk quests to locations until you get enough epool to epool over the drain by putting it into your melee skill to be able to even reasonably kill 2-3 mobs without having to sit around. I don't think players should be holed into doing these quests if they don't want to struggle any longer with combat just because of poor stamina mechanics.

C) There is a lot more reasons such as probably never seeing anyone in the old low level lands, and all the equipment from there not mattering, but I don't think there is any reasonable fix to this in any quick time frame.

Proposed solutions: Disable stamina up to a level for a quick bandaid with little time spent. Or, do a balance passover. Even something as simple as disabling stamina for some levels will have a netgain for a steam new player release imo.

I also think there is a market for selling character boosts up to 95 these days as we're approaching year 14-16 of this game? There is probably people who would play if they could hop in and hunt bosses without having to buy a account through third parties (which a lot of people do) or level from scratch. I know such a idea will throw people up in arms, but this is for the well being of new blood in the game. This idea also applies to Dransik, but probably only up to level 80 or so for a boost.

I'll look at stamina drain again. I'm pretty sure I can tweak it on the server.

Thanks for making the time to work on AE again buddy.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/AECrolleyes.gif)
Gets sent a whole list of concerns, picks one easy thing and gives a halfhearted response... I see OE hasn't worked on his PR skills any.
I hope PMG hires someone who understands empathy; hate to see this game with so much potential go down the drain merely due to mismanagement.

That said, I'm looking forward to AE getting onto Steam - I've had many scoff at this game when I show it to them because it's not on Steam.

Thanks guys.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mangor
post Sep 11 2018, 01:25 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,429

OE as you are kinda listening here's a quick win. put Lich prince cloak, shield, legs &boots back into the LP drop table. They don't need to be common but they aren't there at all now.

+Quote Post
OneEye
post Sep 12 2018, 06:15 PM
Post #63

Chief Creative Officer
Group Icon

Group: Pixel Mine
Member No.: 21

Loot tables require a full data patch/update to change. Thatís why I mentioned stamina as it can be changed on just the server side.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2018 - 01:26 PM