Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hello all, New Player
Monomaxos
post Nov 6 2015, 04:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,199

I havent really played Ashen before, but had played old school games like Ultima Online, The 4th Coming, Tibia and many others. I am on the tutorial place(seems big) and the game seems cool so far if I exlude at times movement gets hindered due to lag. Could say it looks a bit like Divine Divinity too in terms of feel. My main concern while looking around is I dont see recent updates and ingame I havent seen anyone yet. So I would like to ask if the game is worth starting for a new player, cause old games take time to develop and advance and you usually dont want to risk starting something if its close to shutting down and as a mmo of course you want to play a game other players play too.

As a sidenote I would like to comment this game would benefit a lot if it got on steam, there is a lot of market for old school games and most get greenlit fast as well
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sick
post Nov 6 2015, 05:02 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,116

Welcome to AE.

Sadly, there are no new players coming to AE these days. This game is a mystery to be found on the internet. Steam would definitely bring this game back to it's glory, but somehow it's impossible to get AE on steam.

However, there are some veterans left who still play and do the same thing everyday. They are all on the mainland, as you are on Valinor Island.

Depending on your game style, Heroes server is PVP but there is always double exp on. Legends is non-PVP and normal exp. Both servers have some people, but H fluctuates in the seasons with its population.

Hope that helps!

+Quote Post
Monomaxos
post Nov 13 2015, 01:59 AM
Post #3

Started on Legends, the game feels very cool so far. I did see a couple new chars in the area but I guess its old players with new chars. The game sure can get on steams, there is quite a market for old school games on steam and lets be honest, even browser games made it to steam, a client game definitely can as well.

+Quote Post
Hephaistion
post Nov 13 2015, 02:13 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 740

don't forget wolf pup totem ;) also when you get to mainland id suggest joining a guild. they will help you level and get gear/weapons/supplies/etc. steam is a great idea but from what i understand it's alot of effort to get our launcher compatible with theirs otherwise they'd do it

+Quote Post
Monomaxos
post Nov 16 2015, 01:21 AM
Post #5

Yes someone already helped me with wolf totem :)

I mostly did combat and questing so far, except for a few minutes of fishing but professions seem interesting too. I try doing the axe trainer tasks as well

I didnt manage to go out of tutorial since due to work couldnt log a few days but I really like what i see so far.

As for steam they do offer support on that, also I know games that just load their normal launcher through steam and ask you do their normal account register system instead the typical steam autologin cause they couldnt or didnt want to implement it so I dont think it would be an issue. They could log the pixel mine launcher and the game to get greenlit as a bundle of both Ashen Empires and Dransik. Its possible however that a developer might feel insecure on paying the 100 euros/usd to get it up for voting on greenlight but even mediocre old school mmo productions get greenlit last 2-3 years. I do believe there is a rule to have updates at least every 4 months though and that may be discouraging IF a programming group moved on to other projects and dont have the time to work both efficiently

+Quote Post
sick
post Nov 24 2015, 10:39 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,116

Yes, people are aware of this and have suggested this idea plenty of times, even backing it up financially to get it started. Yet still nothing, just imagine the life brought back to AE through steam, it's a dream.

+Quote Post
Monomaxos
post Dec 4 2015, 03:50 AM
Post #7

Most probably they cant keep up with the update policies then and therefore avoid it

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2019 - 05:40 AM