Lord of darkness
post Nov 19 2009, 03:52 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,148

QUOTE(Meilute @ Nov 18 2009, 05:09 PM) *
QUOTE(Omega Warrior @ Nov 18 2009, 10:52 PM) *
This will make it able for people to defend there town.

If you wanna to be able defend your towns, thats what Heroes server is made for.

why go to a server where theres like no people lol (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gordijn
post Nov 19 2009, 04:48 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 434

I am not sure what to vote on. I think we should keep the faction system, but it has to be changed a little bit.

- Remove auto town buffs (all this **** started since they got added).
- Balance the gear from the 2 caves so you can choose between lotorian and talazarian not depending on build. And i know it is still your own choise, but this is how it works on legends at least.
- Also make the 110 gear in tala dungeon drop from mobs also ( like in lotorian dungeon)

+Quote Post
Paradise Lost
post Nov 19 2009, 05:54 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,195

QUOTE(Gordijn @ Nov 19 2009, 04:48 AM) *
I think we should keep the faction system, but it has to be changed a little bit.

- Remove auto town buffs (all this **** started since they got added).
- Balance the gear from the 2 caves so you can choose between lotorian and talazarian not depending on build. And i know it is still your own choise, but this is how it works on legends at least.
- Also make the 110 gear in tala dungeon drop from mobs also ( like in lotorian dungeon)

+1

+Quote Post
Em Jay
post Nov 19 2009, 07:28 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 708

I voted NO-Keep them, game is good as it is... If Leah tells to new ppl to go Lotor faction for cool buffs, she has to explain what they risk for... Same new ppl should read what this game is about.. maybe even put faction explanation in front page of AE site

+Quote Post
Vloaming
post Nov 19 2009, 08:57 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 2,485

make it so like .. 20-30 steps around the TG are pvp zone, but still no drop, just to defend, but not able to lose anything.. because we never stay in town if we take one, so its useless to make the town no drop pvp.

+Quote Post
Lord of darkness
post Nov 19 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,148

QUOTE(Vloaming @ Nov 19 2009, 08:57 AM) *
make it so like .. 20-30 steps around the TG are pvp zone, but still no drop, just to defend, but not able to lose anything.. because we never stay in town if we take one, so its useless to make the town no drop pvp.

+1

+Quote Post
Rick James
post Nov 19 2009, 09:51 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,093

QUOTE(Vloaming @ Nov 19 2009, 08:57 AM) *

But then there's no RISK involved in taking over a town.

In pvp if im getting chased , why won't i just attack TG in order to not get looted or lose items??

Not pissing on your idea, but i'm not too fond of it, and this is a bad possible exploit if implemented.

+Quote Post
orak
post Nov 19 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 347

You may have a point about my poll being biased. However this poll is even worse. It is basically either fix the problem or don't.

+Quote Post
Anti
post Nov 19 2009, 01:45 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 1,293

OneEye,

If possible (which im sure it is) its just if your willing to code it.

Make is so..

Is someone from Opposing faction attacks a townguard. Make the no drop zone inside the town. become temp PVP.

Anyone attacking the guard can be attacked and killed. But will not drop anything cause its no drop.

And make it so the town guardian cannot leave the no drop zone. if it does. it goes back to its spawn place.

This will make it able for people to defend there town. and make it so no one will lose items cause of it. so people will not ***** bout them losing items to pvp.

I think that will solve this issue..

Are you seriously retarted ??
Do you know what server this is buddy?
It's L, not H. You kill monsters here, not players.

+Quote Post
Crazy Chaotic
post Nov 19 2009, 01:59 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 504

i voted to keep the factions because its not the factions that are the problem, its the buffs that make ppl want them all, which in the current system can create what has happened now - people getting surprised by towns turned talazarian, and all that problems that created for those.
people should be aware this could happen, and so plan for that(in the current system ofcourse)

+Quote Post
orak
post Nov 19 2009, 02:06 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Since people cried and complained about the options I had in my poll, let me do the same.

This poll is BS unless you add the option 4.

Option 4 : Keep factions but lock all towns but one to their original alignment.

I look forward to this poll being redone correctly. ;)

+Quote Post
Ghost of Choice
post Nov 19 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 150

QUOTE(Anti @ Nov 19 2009, 01:45 PM) *
It's L, not H. You kill monsters here, not players.

Players still kill other players on L, they just have to be sneakier about it and use griefing proxies. That, of course, doesn't make it right.

+Quote Post
TheRealSparada
post Nov 19 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,078

QUOTE(orak @ Nov 19 2009, 03:06 PM) *
Since people cried and complained about the options I had in my poll, let me do the same.

This poll is BS unless you add the option 4.

Option 4 : Keep factions but lock all towns but one to their original alignment.

I look forward to this poll being redone correctly. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This poll isn't "how to fix the faction system." It's meant to simulate the opinions of factions by L since all the people seem to claim that nobody wanted factions on L.

OE has already said changes are coming to the faction system.

+Quote Post
Rick James
post Nov 19 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

anyone that says "keep factions, and lock all towns to their original alignment" :

"locking all towns to their original aligment," and "keep factions" contradict each other when you actually think about it.

the only real solution is to remove the stacking of the town buffs, and revert to the town wizard system that was in palce before.

FACT: this ruckus is caused by greed over combined town buffs.

FACT: reverting to the Town Wizard system will allow both factions to vie for power back and forth without any OP'd buffs, for one to scream "GRIEF!!!" over.

ANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD:

having to PICK which buffs you want (like before) is VERY tactical, and gives a nice element of survival, IN ADDITION to complimenting different playstyles. (some players have tonnes of regen, but have crappy blunt or pierce resist, so those players will covet that certain town and mainly use that town wizard, wheras player b may look to a different town to compete with the advantage caused player a's choices of buff.)

Final Statement: Factions finally give the name ASHEN empires meaning:

empires being built over the ashes of the former faction in control. A world afflicted by the constant struggle of two forces.. it all finally makes sense... and some of you wanna get RID of it? please... just leave the game alone and stop ruining it because you can't handle how the game is meant to be.

+Quote Post
orak
post Nov 19 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Rick James @ Nov 19 2009, 04:05 PM) *
anyone that says "keep factions, and lock all towns to their original alignment" :

"locking all towns to their original aligment," and "keep factions" contradict each other when you actually think about it.

the only real solution is to remove the stacking of the town buffs, and revert to the town wizard system that was in palce before.

FACT: reverting to the Town Wizard system will allow both factions to vie for power back and forth without any OP'd buffs, for one to scream "GRIEF!!!" over.

ANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD:

having to PICK which buffs you want (like before) is VERY tactical, and gives a nice element of survival, IN ADDITION to complimenting different playstyles. (some players have tonnes of regen, but have crappy blunt or pierce resist, so those players will covet that certain town and mainly use that town wizard, wheras player b may look to a different town to compete with the advantage caused player a's choices of buff.)

empires being built over the ashes of the former faction in control. A world afflicted by the constant struggle of two forces.. it all finally makes sense... and some of you wanna get RID of it? please... just leave the game alone and stop ruining it because you can't handle how the game is meant to be.

you may be right about the buffs being the root of the problem. I won't argue there. The thing is me and a lot of others are more concerned with the towns constantly being fought over and switching alignment.

+Quote Post
Rick James
post Nov 19 2009, 03:35 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE(orak @ Nov 19 2009, 03:17 PM) *
QUOTE(Rick James @ Nov 19 2009, 04:05 PM) *

ANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDD:

you may be right about the buffs being the root of the problem. I won't argue there. The thing is me and a lot of others are more concerned with the towns constantly being fought over and switching alignment.

That's the entire idea behind factions... and if you don't like it? yes, I'm going to say it again: Go Neutral , because most people enjoy the faction system, believe it or not. If you dont? Go neutral, since all that bothers you is towns getting taken over back and forth... being neutral will make it so that the towns "alignment" has no bearing on you... unless this really IS about having OP'd Buffs.

+Quote Post
ItsTime420
post Nov 19 2009, 03:40 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 2,326

Keep the the current system, but with tweaks.

Such as... multiple TG's per town or a single beefed up TG.

Thus preventing towns from being changed all to one faction overnight with just a handful of 110's

AND! Make the area around TG/TG's(where ever dragged) FULL pvp to make things interesting and to show you are willing to lose some to gain some...

+Quote Post
The All Powerful...
post Nov 19 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 590

QUOTE(Meilute @ Nov 18 2009, 11:09 PM) *
QUOTE(Omega Warrior @ Nov 18 2009, 10:52 PM) *
This will make it able for people to defend there town.

If you wanna to be able defend your towns, thats what Heroes server is made for.

Exactly. thats what they were made for. thats why it doesnt work on legends, cos u get a potentially chaotic see sawing of towns. on h u dont, cos u can defend them.

in one sentence u showed why factions were made for H and dont work on L.

+Quote Post
Still Da Mom
post Nov 19 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 314

I actually voted to keep it as is...sorta. Can we maybe get some XP when we kill the Town Guardian? Or maybe a leet drop? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/AECtongue.gif)

No but seriously, keep factions. I suggested earlier that if you are lower lvl (20-ish) and the townt hat you logged off in has changed since then, that you have the option to be moved before fully logging in.

The biggest flaw seems to be with lower lvls.

+Quote Post
Still Da Mom
post Nov 19 2009, 05:08 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 314

QUOTE(ItsTime420 @ Nov 19 2009, 02:40 PM) *
Keep the the current system, but with tweaks.

Such as... multiple TG's per town or a single beefed up TG.

Thus preventing towns from being changed all to one faction overnight with just a handful of 110's

AND! Make the area around TG/TG's(where ever dragged) FULL pvp to make things interesting and to show you are willing to lose some to gain some...

Not a good idea on L. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/AECtongue.gif)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th September 2020 - 08:49 AM