Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A couple questions I have?, Was hoping to get some questions answered
Pinecampple
post Jan 9 2015, 07:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,091

Ok. So I very recently started with Ashen Empires and I'm really enjoying it, despite the fact I haven't gotten far. Nonetheless, I had a few questions I was hoping to have answered.
One of which is, is there a penalty for death? I may or may not have already died once or twice, possibly. I've noticed that dieing does not take away your items (at least not yet?) but I was wondering if it does do something negative towards you. Loss of EXP, Gold, Etc.

My other questions is whether or not there is a way to view or look at accepted quests? It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't, and I hadn't seen one (but that doesn't mean much).

My final question, at least for now, is where I can find the bats for the first quest that's given to you by the guard? I don't know if this is where to ask that sort of question, but it's got me bewildered. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Erudite
post Jan 9 2015, 08:50 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 340

QUOTE(Pinecampple @ Jan 10 2015, 03:41 AM) *
Ok. So I very recently started with Ashen Empires and I'm really enjoying it, despite the fact I haven't gotten far. Nonetheless, I had a few questions I was hoping to have answered.
One of which is, is there a penalty for death? I may or may not have already died once or twice, possibly. I've noticed that dieing does not take away your items (at least not yet?) but I was wondering if it does do something negative towards you. Loss of EXP, Gold, Etc.

My other questions is whether or not there is a way to view or look at accepted quests? It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't, and I hadn't seen one (but that doesn't mean much).

My final question, at least for now, is where I can find the bats for the first quest that's given to you by the guard? I don't know if this is where to ask that sort of question, but it's got me bewildered. :huh:

Alright so I assume you are still on the starting island Valinor which might be a "no drop" island but I'm not 100% sure. The rules for dying (to the best of my knowledge) are:

No Drop Zone only: You don't drop the items in your inventory or that you have equipped. If you die to mobs, your gear will get damaged a little at a time, you need repair pots, tools or mage spells to repair them. If you have been pk'd on Heroes server, your gear will not get damaged.

If you are playing on Heroes server (since Heroes is a pvp server while Legends is a pve server):
Safe Zone and No Drop Zone: You cannot be attacked in this zone by other players and should you die in this area you will not drop items in your inventory or items you have equipped. [I'm not sure about looted items.] Nor do your equipped items get damaged.

There is no loss of experience, the loss of gold comes if you have gold in your inventory and you die with it in your inventory. If you have your gold in your bank, your bank gold will be safe.

There is no quest list, I would suggest a manual quest list (meaning you write them down on a .txt file or on paper).

Bats spawn outside of the starter town, south west (with lots of other mobs too). Good luck and have fun! :)

p.s. hope that helps and hope my information is correct :o

+Quote Post
Orbiss
post Jan 9 2015, 10:08 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,069

As Erudite said, there is no quest log. However, quests in Ashen Empires are not primarily for gaining experience (unlike other games like WoW), they are primarily for gaining no-drop items and unlocking or attuning areas.

Also as Erudite said, you are on Valinor, it is basically a tutorial island where your level caps at 10 and skills at 15 and you do not drop inventory.
Most players are on the mainland, which increases the level cap to 110 (Depending on what expansions you have) and skills to 100. On the mainland monsters are more tough but very rewarding.

If you have any other questions I suggest replying to this thread or joining sanctuary on Heroes server or Legends on Legends server, most players are eager to help a new player out.

+Quote Post
Artorius
post Jan 10 2015, 12:49 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,349

And theres few sites u must visit. Search on google ashen empires database,awesome site with all items,crafting tables,monsters,and spawn locations. Theres ashen empires wiki where u can find 99% quests with guide how to do it. U can also search ashen empires world map and download it. Cant send u links right now but u can easy find these sites. Welcome to the best mmorpg ever.

+Quote Post
Pinecampple
post Jan 11 2015, 02:17 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,091

Thanks a lot for the help guys!
If no one minds I have a few other questions, like:

Where can I obtain flour? I was hoping to start working on tardeskills, but am stuck since the cooking guide only gives you one thing of flower, but needs ten bread dough. So. Where can I get flower?

Secound, I know that items and equipment get damaged with death or use. And I know you can use a tool, magic, or a potion to fix this. Where can I find a tool to help repair my items?

+Quote Post
tomukas
post Jan 11 2015, 03:38 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 6,244

QUOTE(Pinecampple @ Jan 11 2015, 02:17 AM) *
Thanks a lot for the help guys!
If no one minds I have a few other questions, like:

Where can I obtain flour? I was hoping to start working on tardeskills, but am stuck since the cooking guide only gives you one thing of flower, but needs ten bread dough. So. Where can I get flower?

Secound, I know that items and equipment get damaged with death or use. And I know you can use a tool, magic, or a potion to fix this. Where can I find a tool to help repair my items?

Can forage wheat seed, plant it and harvest, then mill to get flour bags, or can buy flour in goods shop, bag sign.

Minor repair potions can be bought in alchemy shops, or made pretty easy, mrp need low alchemy level to make.
Also you can use tools to repair, leather iron and wood need different tools, all can be crafted or bought in shops.
Hammer for iron, leatherworking tool for leather, carpenter tools for wood, and I forgot, maybe scissors for cloth.
Also you can repair almost all items with magic, except the wand you wear.Also magic is used to enchant resources.

+Quote Post
Erudite
post Jan 11 2015, 03:43 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 340

I'm not sure about Valinor but on the mainland you can buy flour from the General store (has a bag on the sign). If you want to make it on your own from scratch you need to take up foraging (need a foraging stick from the farm shop), planting (need a shovel from the farm shop) and harvesting (you will need a scythe to cut your wheat once it is mature). When you forage for seeds, the seeds you get are random (you forage on bushes) so it may take a little while to get some flour seeds. Once planted you need to wait until the wheat matures (turns a nice wheaty light yellow color) then use your scythe to harvest it. At low levels it is very easy to fail so don't get too frustrated.

To repair your armor I suggest you either take up leatherworking, blacksmithing and tailoring (jewerlycrafting for your jewerly). The trainers on valinor will give you tools once you complete enough quests for them. For leatherworking (leather armors) you will need leatherworking tools; for blacksmithing (iron armors) you will need a blacksmith hammer; for tailoring (cloth armor) you will need scissors.

If you are on the mainland there are shops that sell all these tools.

As for magically repairing items there are several different spells that repair different items. You may have to test out which items are repaired by which skill since it's not 100% how you think it will go.

Mind Spell
Recharge 5/40 (5 rune spell needing level 40 Mind to cast)

Body Spell
Repair Iron 2/10 (2 rune spell needing level 10 Body to cast)

Soul Spell
Repair Leather 3/20 (3 rune spell needing level 20 Soul to cast)

Nature Spell
Repair Wood 2/10 (2 rune spell needing level 10 Nature to cast)

+Quote Post
Zerzil
post Jan 11 2015, 09:24 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 673

The seeds you need are wheat to make flour

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2017 - 11:37 AM