Harry Gio Goi
post Feb 9 2013, 10:58 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,693

QUOTE(Alkyoneus @ Feb 8 2013, 01:47 PM) *
QUOTE(Harry Gio Goi @ Feb 8 2013, 05:44 AM) *
I have zero idea what it takes in time/money/skill to code the suggestions above, why not get a quote from a DEV and everyone reach in their pockets and start donating??

All the focus is on Ashen its obvious....the original question was ONE THING...everyones put loads, not saying they dont need doing however, its obvious the budget can only stretch to 1 single specific update.

I would happily donate to a pot of money specifically being raised to update dransik.

What you, and GM Arbiter, fail to realize is that it's not just "one" thing to fix Dransik and the state that it's in right now. There are multiple things to fix Dransik and how we, the community, would like it and not how one person wants it. If you fix "ONE" specific thing, there will definitely be no change at all and you'll still see the same results time and time again - people quitting or slowing down because it's not "fixed". We may be able to adapt to the change like we did prior when TheTyrant ran the game but for everyone to be slightly content, you'll need a drastic turnover.

We need balancing (class, areas, weapons, drop rates), we need players to get away from NK (as many have mentioned), we need small changes to how weapon damage works (too many swords and some overpowered than others - DnB doing more damage than a Rune Set when it's just a weapon), and there's a bunch more we need/want changed.

There could be an endless list of what people want changed or fixed but it's really just not ONE thing we would like to see.

You fail to read correctly.

"not saying they dont need doing"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Captain Chaos
post Feb 9 2013, 10:58 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,523

QUOTE(Theonecrusader @ Feb 9 2013, 05:40 AM) *
I don't no what other people think of this either but I think there should be an entrance on the other side of SGL, people who hunt there honestly wear so much trash it's unreal. It's a complete pointless PK place simply because you can't get away, so I was thinking if you look on the mainland map and look on the other side of SGL there should maybe be an entrance there?

Not sure on peoples opinions on this though.

This is sorta stupid suggestion IMO you just want a 2nd ent so you can loot better gear ? I've been hunting SGL for 5 years in black set Lighting sword adding a 2nd ent won't change that.. I wear the crappy gear becuz it works just fine and discourages people from keeping to come pk me , even if there was 2 ents i'd still wear the same JUNK cuz thats all that is needed there not end game mobs there low lvl mobs

+Quote Post
kung fu
post Feb 9 2013, 11:08 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,351

QUOTE(Dropsun @ Feb 8 2013, 02:41 PM) *
I have added more spawn fixes, and some game mechanic fixes.

(Desert Reds will have phoenixs all throughout the entire choke instead of just with red dragons)

https://sites.google.com/site/fixdransik/

Let me know what you think again.

+1

Boost the **** out of yetti and frost troll spawn north west of wwl entrance for mid/low lvl exp.

Add a new cold boss to western peninsula which drops ToP/ BoL/ HoP/ RoL/ full frost pieces. (Ice King? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) )

Add GHP's to Dexmor

Boost abishai spawn above zolkranion village, or add new fire/ earth type monster in that area with higher hp and possible fire stone drop. (OWLBEARS!?!)

Add dark monk spawn above viineri or boost spawn west of tuhsenn and add etherial shield to drop table.

Buff shrieks and add sirens/ shades to spawn east of solodon.

Move werewolf spawn from south of dessert ent to south of solodon under the river. As a mid lvl char running from chlera to desert i sometimes pick these up and they 2 shot me.

The spawns around grognarl and telbek are pretty weak. Low lvls arent hunting here because they have to run through rock trolls werewolves and the GD spawn to get there. Maybe add demons and storm giants/ ettins/ rock trolls.

A non underground BK spawn would be awesome. I like the idea for the water castle. Seems like a good fit there.

As is, throwing weapons is not worth the time so maybe make stackable axes that can be used with throwing gauntlets or something like that. Any low lvl miner will be able the make stacks pretty easy and will encourage other skill building.

Possibly make a new type of ore for new gear/ weps.
-obsidian mined deep in hell/ near lava (stats 25-50% of rune bonuses)
-diamond mined everywhere with low % chance like galanite gem (low +con bonuses)

Pirate ship should have 2 ent/ exits and maybe another layer with renegades. Place another ship/ dock/ spawn between chlera and desert ent. Possibly utilizing the island there.

The unnamed village under tuhsenn is pretty awesome. Maybe add a new poison boss that drops PA's SoD Magus Robe BoC BotD MPvP RLR.

+Quote Post
Miller
post Feb 9 2013, 02:19 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

[quote name='kung fu' date='Feb 9 2013, 11:08 AM' post='194653']
Boost abishai spawn above zolkranion village, or add new fire/ earth type monster in that area with higher hp and possible fire stone drop.
Lol really?

Move werewolf spawn from south of dessert ent to south of solodon under the river. As a mid lvl char running from chlera to desert i sometimes pick these up and they 2 shot me.
You hugging the water or something I've never pulled a WW going from chlera to desert.

The spawns around grognarl and telbek are pretty weak. Low lvls arent hunting here because they have to run through rock trolls werewolves and the GD spawn to get there. Maybe add demons and storm giants/ ettins/ rock trolls.
I say no to demons, demons shouldn't spawn anywhere on the open map just for people to get easy rune gaunts without having to go threw hell, Anubis cave, iod, solodon side.

-diamond mined everywhere with low % chance like galanite gem (low +con bonuses)
I'd say no, and this is going way to far off the grid for most of which are easy fixes suggested on the site provided by dropsun.

Pirate ship should have 2 ent/ exits and maybe another layer with renegades. Place another ship/ dock/ spawn between chlera and desert ent. Possibly utilizing the island there.
2 Ent/Exit no, but another boat level with renegades could be interesting, how ever this mostly a leveling spot for lower level, and some lower level walks up to next level not knowing whats there is going to get pissed off, lose all their gear and quit.

The unnamed village under tuhsenn is pretty awesome. Maybe add a new poison boss that drops PA's SoD Magus Robe BoC BotD MPvP RLR.
Needs some mobs around the place to make it interesting, but a poison boss in what is all open field at that spot, and chance to get rlr, sod, botd I'd say no to this as well.

+Quote Post
Captain Chaos
post Feb 10 2013, 02:42 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,523

QUOTE(kung fu @ Feb 9 2013, 11:08 AM) *
QUOTE(Dropsun @ Feb 8 2013, 02:41 PM) *
I have added more spawn fixes, and some game mechanic fixes.

(Desert Reds will have phoenixs all throughout the entire choke instead of just with red dragons)

https://sites.google.com/site/fixdransik/

Let me know what you think again.

+1

Boost the **** out of yetti and frost troll spawn north west of wwl entrance for mid/low lvl exp.

Add a new cold boss to western peninsula which drops ToP/ BoL/ HoP/ RoL/ full frost pieces. (Ice King? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) )

Add GHP's to Dexmor

Boost abishai spawn above zolkranion village, or add new fire/ earth type monster in that area with higher hp and possible fire stone drop. (OWLBEARS!?!)

Add dark monk spawn above viineri or boost spawn west of tuhsenn and add etherial shield to drop table.

Buff shrieks and add sirens/ shades to spawn east of solodon.

A non underground BK spawn would be awesome. I like the idea for the water castle. Seems like a good fit there.

As is, throwing weapons is not worth the time so maybe make stackable axes that can be used with throwing gauntlets or something like that. Any low lvl miner will be able the make stacks pretty easy and will encourage other skill building.

Most of this I disagree with , only thing that needs changing from what you said is spawns buffed up n ghps/mass/helling scrolls in dex (scrolls need to be sold at more places period in game)

+Quote Post
kung fu
post Feb 12 2013, 06:40 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,351

[quote][quote name='Miller' date='Feb 9 2013, 02:19 PM' post='194658']
[quote name='kung fu' date='Feb 9 2013, 11:08 AM' post='194653']
Boost abishai spawn above zolkranion village, or add new fire/ earth type monster in that area with higher hp and possible fire stone drop.
Lol really? you missed the word or.

You hugging the water or something I've never pulled a WW going from chlera to desert. well i have

I say no to demons, demons shouldn't spawn anywhere on the open map just for people to get easy rune gaunts without having to go threw hell, Anubis cave, iod, solodon side.
agreed about rune drops. maybe a big minion spawn
I'd say no, and this is going way to far off the grid for most of which are easy fixes suggested on the site provided by dropsun. if time and coding wasnt an problem

2 Ent/Exit no, but another boat level with renegades could be interesting, how ever this mostly a leveling spot for lower level, and some lower level walks up to next level not knowing whats there is going to get pissed off, lose all their gear and quit. i dont see why it would be any worse than leaving pirate ship to a mob of swashbucklers. thats the hazards of the game.

Needs some mobs around the place to make it interesting, but a poison boss in what is all open field at that spot, and chance to get rlr, sod, botd I'd say no to this as well.
RLR is probably much. the other items should be fair game. just make low % chance of drops

+Quote Post
Miller
post Feb 12 2013, 08:05 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE(kung fu @ Feb 12 2013, 06:40 PM) *
2 Ent/Exit no, but another boat level with renegades could be interesting, how ever this mostly a leveling spot for lower level, and some lower level walks up to next level not knowing whats there is going to get pissed off, lose all their gear and quit. i dont see why it would be any worse than leaving pirate ship to a mob of swashbucklers. thats the hazards of the game.

Have you ever fought a renegade much less going up a ladder mobbed with them that'll kill a lvl 100 even, renegade's aren't easy by any means, in a open field yes, low hp yes, but just imagin yourself running onto the current pirate ship, but instead of pirates its renegades hitting 200+ ya sorry your dead. This isn't a hazard the game needs, its a hazard that will kill the newb population that doesn't know wtf a renegade even is.

http://www.drunksick.com/monster_renegade.html

The drop's are wrong, but yes the stats; dmg, hp, movement speed are correct.

+Quote Post
ShadyPenguin
post Feb 12 2013, 10:23 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 6,588

Hmm... im starting to find a trend here guys, PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG THIS IS JUST WHAT THE FORUMS TELL ME!!

Dransiks "gimmick" into making its CURRENT players keep playing is...(note he wants a fix that keeps CURRENT PLAYERS PLAYING)
To have you guys suggest what needs to be fixed over and over.... I mean a quick look threw the forums will show you SOOO MANY dedicated players (like rinc and even miller) have suggested SOO MUCH GOOD STUFF. And all they get is a slap in the face...

i know this post isnt beneficial BUT i doubt anything you guys suggest is either ( note the date on this post and what they "said" was going to happen http://forums.pixelminegames.com/index.php...mp;#entry176289 )

heres to holding my breathe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Dropsun
post Feb 13 2013, 11:57 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,656

my ideas haven't changed in near 2 years :)

+Quote Post
Professor Rinc
post Feb 14 2013, 01:03 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,522

I appreciate that ShadyPenguin, and yes I do care very much. I don't feel as though it's a slap in the face though, I understand Dransik for what it is. Dransik is an alpha game that was the foundation of Ashen Empires. It's sad that even after 10 years so many of us find Dransik to be better than these million dollar 3D MMORPG's coming in and out of our computer's hard drives, but it is what it is. Zarquon and OneEye both have other jobs and to attend to Dransik is most likely a pain because their love for the project is more than likely lost.

I must say though, I find that thread very disheartening. OneEye's quote "Making the progression make sense and is logical for advancement and interest takes time" really says a lot. It's slightly sad that he believes there to be any progression in Dransik whatsoever. Dransik has never had progression, therefore throwing mobs spawns down and increasing spawns does no harm as long as it's not end-game (Set-dropping) mobs in the middle of safe areas.

Oh well.

-Sean
~Rinc

+Quote Post
Dropsun
post Feb 14 2013, 09:21 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

There used to be some sense of progression, but it was lost around the level 30 area, in a game where 100 is the top level. Tyrant tried to fix it to have some more sense of progression up til 60, but it wasn't really needed, and it really screwed with the lower levels.. (rugged armor requires lv.15, the same as aogh, lol).

but, yeah there is no reason to have any sense of progression in the game, since there hardly has ever been. It just feels like the game was designed to stop at lv.30 or so originally because there was nothing beyond that besides skill progression until as I said above when tyrant made runes require like level 60 and stuff.

+Quote Post
GM Arbiter
post Feb 14 2013, 02:08 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Dransik GMs
Member No.: 4,538

I have considered all of these options, and spoken to a few of you in game concerning them, and there is one thing that I'm going to put forward to the DEVs, until it gets implemented (at which time I'll start pushing for another ONE thing).

Thank you all for your input!

+Quote Post
Zexsu
post Feb 14 2013, 03:22 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,611

baby steps people... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Miller
post Feb 14 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Dropsun @ Feb 14 2013, 09:21 AM) *
There used to be some sense of progression, but it was lost around the level 30 area, in a game where 100 is the top level. Tyrant tried to fix it to have some more sense of progression up til 60, but it wasn't really needed, and it really screwed with the lower levels.. (rugged armor requires lv.15, the same as aogh, lol).

but, yeah there is no reason to have any sense of progression in the game, since there hardly has ever been. It just feels like the game was designed to stop at lv.30 or so originally because there was nothing beyond that besides skill progression until as I said above when tyrant made runes require like level 60 and stuff.

Pretty much was built around level 30, seeing as use could wear runes at lvl 30, hell I remember in old dc when was just fire plate and fire shield ya ballies hit hard, but hell you could hunt hell at lvl 30 even. Now its upgraded a little bit to require lvl 60 on runes, but by no means can a level 60 hunt hell, iod, or Anubis alone even with rd set now days, unless you have zerks ofc, but not no 20 second lasting one's. Which my opinion is a balancing issue.

Which I'm keep bringing up till its changed, is zerks is about only thing allowing a lvl 60 to somewhat solo hunting hell, without them its pretty much impossible even with a full rd set, no need to think about iod as you can't complete quest to get there, Anubis run out of pots before you make it up, as even a level 100 runs out of pots before getting to Anubis just clearing the place, and if you happen to just run by everything and wait to get in Anubis room, your pots are gonna be gone within 5 mins, which is another balancing issue for warriors/dexers. (Maybe reduce the weight of pots? Or buff the amount of hp they heal slightly, or both.)

My opinion the drops on mobs are suppose to be equal to their difficulty, as in if you can't actually hunt for runes at lvl 60, then why do they require lvl 60? unless there not meant to be the best items, unless there is meant to be like lvl 70(besides E Shield), 80, 90, 100 equipment on them. Maybe not level 100 gear, that be stuck mainly to boss type creatures like Anubis, Orcus, Nycadaemon, which how ever drop the same level 60 requirement gear, even dnb only requires lvl 70 lbs, you can be level 28 wearing it, Anubis blade has a higher requirement, and it isn't even as good as dnb.

Get the point?

+Quote Post
Dropsun
post Feb 14 2013, 04:23 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

I think YCG can sort of be blamed here, where they multiplied everyones level and suddenly everyone was 100. I don't think the game was ever prepared for people to be such high level.

It is indeed pretty much an endless level grind on uselses monsters until you can wear reds, and runes - then anything past that is just to PK or get better drops. Unfortunately, when you're a year, or two behind and only have access to the 1x leveling method than the 4x everyone else had currently you are scrooooed.

I'd be honest that tossing in some Dark Swords would make things more fun, if it wasn't just handed out, anyway...
We did have an idea of a power weapon that is constantly passed around and always drops on death, and is always looted status(so it can be looted instantly) and the GM keeps in check that the player still plays(once a week check, maybe?). Could have an "always on" when it's equipped first.

This person alone could cause a whole spew of people to fight each other constantly, and stay outside of town.

+Quote Post
ShadyPenguin
post Feb 14 2013, 05:22 PM
Post #56

Member No.: 6,588

QUOTE(GM Arbiter @ Feb 14 2013, 02:08 PM) *
I have considered all of these options, and spoken to a few of you in game concerning them, and there is one thing that I'm going to put forward to the DEVs, until it gets implemented (at which time I'll start pushing for another ONE thing).

Thank you all for your input!

Since this game is based on pvp why not just make 4 temples around the world and if your guild owns 1 you get +10 to a stat (str , dex , int , con)

this would encourage people to leave NK, bring another reason to have guilds (other than for mages healing and chatting but who doesnt use vent?) and im sure would add another element to the game

+Quote Post
Miller
post Feb 14 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

So I can't stay guildless on my alt anymore if this is the case....

+Quote Post
Dropsun
post Mar 13 2013, 02:42 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

so... 1 month later from last post

any word on getting anything done?

+Quote Post
RoonWarrior
post Mar 13 2013, 04:41 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 6,624

Debuff red dragons so they are slower, and hit from 300-500 the entire point of the game is that the Balron and Hellspawn and Demons are suppose to be the hardest mobs in game, They all need to be Buffed except the Balron, with this buff the spawn rates need to be decreased to prevent farming of Hell. In no way shape or form should hell be farmable, like it is now on Isle of Dread.

Quiet honestly, I want to see Banished Knight set items and mobs and castle either removed from the game, or put in WWL and turned to Cold Based mobs (Remove the Green dragons, wisps and Death tyrants and replace them with Ice Dragons, Frost Giants, Trolls and Banished Knights) . This would increase the value on the Ice Crystals and get people to wwl more often (Moving them out of NK)

I love the Idea of Toxicum or Toxica what ever it's called, because it's new fresh mobs and weapons. Yet it's too crowded by a high spawn and makes it impracticle to hunt there with out green dragon gear. Which I ironic because Green Dragons are harder than those mobs in Toxicum. Yet its harder to hunt in Toxicum because of the HIGH Poison rate. On that note Poison Mobs need to Poison less, or a potion needs to be created to cure and heal at the same time, called Blessed Potion. (GHP+Greater Disease type pot), can't be bought in shops but can produce 5 of them by mixing a Beholder Eye and Human Bones. or mixing with a demon bone would yield 10 instead of 5. (This would get people out of NK to farm for these pots)

The drop tables all over the place are horrible, and the best post I've seen is xervis post about adding more holy and black, and medium ranged weapons to medium mobs and more high end weapons to high end mobs, Instead of having High end mobs like Blue Dragons dropping practically nothing. While an ettin drops holy, or a demon which is easier than a blue dragon drops rune.

Balance on drops, rewrite the entire drop list from Minotuars on up quiet honestly. To be a progression type system.

Balance all weapon classes so they do the exact same dps as the other classes, So sick and tired of being an orc and using a large blade when I should be crushing someones skull with a hammer but oh it's tooo slow and doesn't do much damage and misses alot!

Point Being take the top 8 weapons from each category give them the exact same dps, Adjust the hit modifier on them to make them appropriate for their class, add more Thrown weapons add more crossbows to keep up with the other classes,add more medium power weapons in every weapon category.

Remove or Re balance mages and give a free orb reset for the trouble. (Quiet honestly Mages are Over Powered) Meaning scrolls heal too much too fast, resistance is too high. add druids into the mix. Druids were meant for anyone with money to get back in the day and it doesn't need to be an INT thing.

+Quote Post
Dropsun
post Mar 13 2013, 07:15 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

not too sure why you made a new account blueman, and to just praise yourself at that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/AECwacko.gif)

1. no reason for any hell changes besides drops. red dragons I agree with
2. no reason to do any of that except move them to somewhere else
3. that's because poison is effected by your con. the more con you have the less you get poisoned
4. yeah pretty much
5. yeah no.. no reason for a ton of weapons that do the same thing. rather just have em removed
6. nooooooo... there is already too many dumb weapons
7. this was never why druids were added lol they always required int and money was worthless too then..

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th October 2019 - 03:08 PM