Closed TopicStart new topic
> How to..., ...get you to play the game
skalpel
post Mar 14 2013, 12:01 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,819

Just separate areas for ppl to walk more further, im curently lvl 50 and i would like to exp in 4-5 places tthat i can easy exp not near NK
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Burger King
post Mar 14 2013, 12:04 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,553

QUOTE(RoonWarrior @ Mar 13 2013, 04:41 PM) *
Debuff red dragons so they are slower, and hit from 300-500 the entire point of the game is that the Balron and Hellspawn and Demons are suppose to be the hardest mobs in game, They all need to be Buffed except the Balron, with this buff the spawn rates need to be decreased to prevent farming of Hell. In no way shape or form should hell be farmable, like it is now on Isle of Dread.

Quiet honestly, I want to see Banished Knight set items and mobs and castle either removed from the game, or put in WWL and turned to Cold Based mobs (Remove the Green dragons, wisps and Death tyrants and replace them with Ice Dragons, Frost Giants, Trolls and Banished Knights) . This would increase the value on the Ice Crystals and get people to wwl more often (Moving them out of NK)

I love the Idea of Toxicum or Toxica what ever it's called, because it's new fresh mobs and weapons. Yet it's too crowded by a high spawn and makes it impracticle to hunt there with out green dragon gear. Which I ironic because Green Dragons are harder than those mobs in Toxicum. Yet its harder to hunt in Toxicum because of the HIGH Poison rate. On that note Poison Mobs need to Poison less, or a potion needs to be created to cure and heal at the same time, called Blessed Potion. (GHP+Greater Disease type pot), can't be bought in shops but can produce 5 of them by mixing a Beholder Eye and Human Bones. or mixing with a demon bone would yield 10 instead of 5. (This would get people out of NK to farm for these pots)

The drop tables all over the place are horrible, and the best post I've seen is xervis post about adding more holy and black, and medium ranged weapons to medium mobs and more high end weapons to high end mobs, Instead of having High end mobs like Blue Dragons dropping practically nothing. While an ettin drops holy, or a demon which is easier than a blue dragon drops rune.

Balance on drops, rewrite the entire drop list from Minotuars on up quiet honestly. To be a progression type system.

Balance all weapon classes so they do the exact same dps as the other classes, So sick and tired of being an orc and using a large blade when I should be crushing someones skull with a hammer but oh it's tooo slow and doesn't do much damage and misses alot!

Point Being take the top 8 weapons from each category give them the exact same dps, Adjust the hit modifier on them to make them appropriate for their class, add more Thrown weapons add more crossbows to keep up with the other classes,add more medium power weapons in every weapon category.

Remove or Re balance mages and give a free orb reset for the trouble. (Quiet honestly Mages are Over Powered) Meaning scrolls heal too much too fast, resistance is too high. add druids into the mix. Druids were meant for anyone with money to get back in the day and it doesn't need to be an INT thing.

Really, mate?

+Quote Post
Sparey
post Mar 14 2013, 01:27 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,238

rune swords hit 1000+ dmg so its 1,5hits for mage and mage is dead... 2 for warrior

Theres no defense against that big sword..

+Quote Post
Miller
post Mar 14 2013, 03:38 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

Sands, RLR, Rune shield, etherial shield. There is resistance there for it for mages atleast, a warrior not as much, but pretty much useless to be at current state. If you want to be a warrior though best to use a hybrid mix of the 2, purely for the resistance.

Also I've beat tons of rune sword users, while having no resistance at all using a poison axe, vorpal axe, icer, you name it I've probably done it, as many others have as well.

Oh and also rune sword's max hit is like 1.1k it doesn't hit that nor 1k every damn hit. Even if someone was to hit 1k every hit, a mage can still take 2 hits, a warrior 3. Ofc at lvl 100.

Btw with that mage resist knocks r sword down to like 300 - 700 dmg.

+Quote Post
Alkyoneus
post Mar 14 2013, 04:47 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,588

QUOTE(Sparey @ Mar 14 2013, 01:27 PM) *
rune swords hit 1000+ dmg so its 1,5hits for mage and mage is dead... 2 for warrior

Theres no defense against that big sword..

Mages have the best resistance in the game. As Miller mentioned, you have sand items, RLR and Rune Shield for the best resistance set against them.

RNG (random number generator) plays a big role in the hits so the likeliness of getting 2x 1000 hits in a row is very low. You'll get more low to mid range hits than high end hits.

As a warrior, I have no problem fighting against rune sets, BK sets and a DnB user. My only concern is fighting against their heals, which is bs. Anything beyond that is all about timing.

+Quote Post
Xervis
post Mar 26 2013, 06:12 AM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,275

Yet my suggestion for implementing a vrs disease set was thrown to the curb by those with rune sets. It's obvious they don't want someone running around with something that can stop them. I also never once said the set would be easy to come by, but neither did I say it was going to be impractical and yes who the heck is going to run around in 55% disease resistance set of gear in pvp? So what's the big deal.. Mages get the resistance. Warriors need the resistance.

It's always those who have the best gear, that want no competition.

+Quote Post
Sparey
post Mar 26 2013, 06:38 AM
Post #67

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,238

Okay this is from angle from mage(kinda whining)

Everytime im in SGL, theres guy with rune set or there comes guy with runeset, with speed of 4, and skill to run besides or next to you, I will die in 2seconds.. Stuff that drops, I have no any chance getting it back. If I'd go back I would die and lose more items. Same in Hell.

with 90lvl mage, I have NO any chance fightning back. Using Mass Healing Scroll, I'll freeze for 1,2seconds or something. and thats 3 hits by rune sword and im dead.

Running to safe isnt possible because the hits will kill me because of the runeset guy will run besides me.

2 runeset guys? omg no comment.
1 runeset guy + GFB guy? i hate that, even that theres more ppl with deathstings than GFBs.
omg I almost forgot they do disease so you, the one who reads this, inference.

Could there be solution? More armour, so that nobody can hit you everytime he hits. Take stutter out of scrolls, so you can try run away without freezing for any seconds. Lower the damage? I think no no no. Better mage weapons? Yes, so you could fight back!

Excuse my english.

+Quote Post
Master Of Oblivi...
post Mar 27 2013, 09:51 AM
Post #68

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,254

Velsinea buff -> http://forums.pixelminegames.com/index.php?showtopic=8010

+Quote Post
Rex Iudex
post May 5 2013, 12:21 PM
Post #69

Member No.: 5,219

Like everyone else, I have tons of ideas yeah. But to quantify the ideas to just one general thought instead of anything specific. I'd like to say: ....

Instead of dumbing down the game (with all the teleports and handicaps) make the game harder. Real challenge keeps things interesting, people start idling and whining when everything is easily achieved.

What exactly does this mean? Decrease overall drop rates, remove portals, relocate endgame hunting areas, decrease the amount of spawn gates, decrease the amount of resistances, and remove power weapons/armor from vendors.

People rarely know what they want but I think everyone can agree with the fact that Dransik was alive and well back when Hell was hard, back when even AA was rare and back when you never felt safe with all the death ports and stuff like that. The list goes on and on..

+Quote Post
Grimbor
post May 6 2013, 04:07 AM
Post #70

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,023

QUOTE(Sparey @ Mar 26 2013, 06:38 AM) *
Okay this is from angle from mage(kinda whining)

Everytime im in SGL, theres guy with rune set or there comes guy with runeset, with speed of 4, and skill to run besides or next to you, I will die in 2seconds.. Stuff that drops, I have no any chance getting it back. If I'd go back I would die and lose more items. Same in Hell.

with 90lvl mage, I have NO any chance fightning back. Using Mass Healing Scroll, I'll freeze for 1,2seconds or something. and thats 3 hits by rune sword and im dead.

Running to safe isnt possible because the hits will kill me because of the runeset guy will run besides me.

2 runeset guys? omg no comment.
1 runeset guy + GFB guy? i hate that, even that theres more ppl with deathstings than GFBs.
omg I almost forgot they do disease so you, the one who reads this, inference.

Could there be solution? More armour, so that nobody can hit you everytime he hits. Take stutter out of scrolls, so you can try run away without freezing for any seconds. Lower the damage? I think no no no. Better mage weapons? Yes, so you could fight back!

Excuse my english.

If your a level 90 mage complaining about getting 2 hit by a rune set then you dont know how to play the class. I cant tell you how many times i personally have been jumped by 1 or 2 guys in SGL and most of the time i make it out of the cave. If you dont have the skill to run away then i would suggest to stay out of SGL. Mages are really strong class due to mass heal scrolls, and unless you get surprised by 2 or more power sets you shouldnt die. Sand set is like 50% or more in disease resistance, so if your fighting a rune set they dont hit you hard at all, you also have robes which do ele resist. The only ele resists the non mages have for rune sets are mpvd which makes it harder for us to fight them, but even using ghp i rarely die in 2 hits unless they pop out of nowhere and i'm only lvl 60.

QUOTE(Rex Iudex @ May 5 2013, 12:21 PM) *
Like everyone else, I have tons of ideas yeah. But to quantify the ideas to just one general thought instead of anything specific. I'd like to say: ....

Instead of dumbing down the game (with all the teleports and handicaps) make the game harder. Real challenge keeps things interesting, people start idling and whining when everything is easily achieved.

What exactly does this mean? Decrease overall drop rates, remove portals, relocate endgame hunting areas, decrease the amount of spawn gates, decrease the amount of resistances, and remove power weapons/armor from vendors.

People rarely know what they want but I think everyone can agree with the fact that Dransik was alive and well back when Hell was hard, back when even AA was rare and back when you never felt safe with all the death ports and stuff like that. The list goes on and on..

I half way agree with you. This game was better before all of these "new" sets came into the game. Yes these sets give more options to the game and its more dynamic but its built on something to try and get new people into the game with the huge variety of things you can go and hunt for. I do not feel that the drop rates for most items have ever been a problem, the more you are out hunting the better chance you have to get things, and those who have played since the server restart are going to have almost everything in the game. With all the new power weapons in the game, i do not feel that armor resistances should be changed at all, you need to give those who do not have these power weapons a chance at a decently fair fight. If you change/drop resistances those who already have the power weapons before the change are going to be impossible to beat. Hell was already "beefed" up once already but with red set or rune set makes it not the same as if you dont have these items. The reason some of these items are more rare in todays game then they might of been in the past is because people only hunt in a few places or have moved on from the game, like i already stated, the more you are out hunting for a certain item the better chance you have to get it then if you sit in the bank.

After playing threw all these years, this game i agree has gotten easier little by little, it has become a game of the modern times trying to keep up with all of the other MMORPG's in the fact its easier to achieve things with less time, such as leveling. Back in the day when it took you 1 million xp just to get to level 20 it was quite some time for you to get to that high mark because the items you could use made it harder to level fast and there were a lot of low level people in the game made it more fun then it is today because when you got to a certain level you really felt like you accomplished something. Today there are just a bunch of 80+s complaining about the game being too hard even after all of these xp table changes and gear changes to try and bring the game to a younger generation. I honestly feel like there is never going to be an equilibrium for the old generation of us dransik players and the new dransik players.

+Quote Post
Soul Destroyer
post May 6 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #71

Member No.: 375

I'm just going to reply to a lot of what I've seen posted on here the last few days very briefly as best I can:

Moving hunting spots away from NK: The players that want to pk those players hunting will still know where the popular hunting spots are even if they are moved. And you can get just about anywhere on the map in 5 minutes or less so the commitment of time is not very high.

Removing portals, remove NK side hell enterence: Yes and no. Romoving portals makes sense simply so that there isn't as much mobility around the map and so that the maps seems bigger. This would add a more interesting element for both pve and pvp. Removing NK side hell ent (so it's like the old days) made sense before IoD was put in. When you die on IoD you are able to space your body from the spawn if you run back as fast as possible. If your body decays on IoD it's going to be nearly impossible to get it back without running back to town for more pots/scrolls or getting others to help you. Removing the NK side hell entrence would esentially remove IoD.

Balancing of weapons/more strong weapons in other classes: People already complain daily about rune sword/dnb/deathsting so adding more powerful items is just going to lead to more complaining.

Drops rates: I agree they could be increased a bit, but this isn't WoW where you can get fully geared in two good weeks. I would say they are "fair."

Resistances ect.: Sands are a joke and should have never been added to this game. But since they are in game they are fine how they are. They are a valueless item that makes one of the rarest items in the game significantly less effective. The DnB, which there are two of in the entire game, can be fully resisted to the point where it will miss half of its swings. The point of a power set is that it is good. If it wasn't then what'd be the point in having one.

With regard to the ORIGINAL topic of getting people out of NK: All moving players away from NK to relocated hunting spots will do is make them more vulnerable from a pvp aspect. If someone is hunting in BK castle which has been relocated to the water castle area, and the rest of their guild is in hell which must be accessed from solodon side, then they are a sitting duck with no one to back them up. Good luck selling that idea.

+Quote Post
kung fu
post May 19 2013, 04:39 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,351

I still think moving BK castle to western wwl peninsula would be a big help in getting people out in the world. More frost gear and weapons would be acquired making it more plentiful and accesible to mid lvl characters.

The desert towns are still useless if hunting for good drops or any decent exp.

Any update as to the 1 thing you are pushing the DEVs for?

+Quote Post
kung fu
post May 22 2013, 10:04 AM
Post #73

Advanced Member

On the topic of getting people out of nk-

Get rid of the nk bankers. That would do it. Parian was a way better hang out anyways.

+Quote Post
DaDevil
post Sep 15 2013, 04:40 AM
Post #74

Advanced Member

Member No.: 725

No wonders they pay no attention to you guys when you cant follow some simple instructions!
I think I've seen ONE post in this thread where he/she actually did what was asked by the TS.

You can rant all you want in other threads or start your own thread w/e really.
You've all managed to kill a thread that was actually (for once) started by a GM that WANTED to spend some time and figure out what could be done to help
the gameplay for us players...yet you fail to follow a simple instruction.

When a game has not had an update for ages, such as Dransik, you have to put some value into threads like this and not go on a rampage because it will end up
like it did, with no respons.

If everyone would just have written down ONE THING that would get people out of NK bank, It would be easier for the GM to go through the list and maybe there would be a slight chance that those things would get into the game.

Really, Its just ONE thing that had to be done and you all had to write a novel each.

As for the TS, my one thing would be to make the world map smaller because right now its too big for the playerbase.

+Quote Post
kung fu
post Sep 15 2013, 08:36 AM
Post #75

Advanced Member

(IMG:http://awesomegifs.com/wp-content/uploads/dead-horse.gif)

+Quote Post
Equador
post Sep 19 2013, 05:57 AM
Post #76

Member No.: 4,084

Remove or replace the macro check system with something better.

+Quote Post
LieCheat
post Sep 20 2013, 03:54 PM
Post #77

Member No.: 6,613

remove everything... start from scratch. Go back to the old days where it was just kyrthan.

The game was able to advance from that... why not try it again. Forget the community that once was.. but creat a new one. Stop trying to impress who is already hear but impress who is to come.

Put the game back into a beta/selective user testing phase.

It's like the whole situation where a married man is more attractive than a singe man... A game in a closed testing phase is more attractive than an overplayed game run by finnish overlords.

Work on creating a new community then trying to build up the existing one. I think that is the main problem here... people grow older, the community has grown old and moved on.. time to start a new one, and a new game. Just wipe the whole freaken database and try the whole testing phase again. and get Jason back on this game..!!!

If at first you dont succeed.. try try again. (great motto to follow)

+Quote Post
kung fu
post Sep 22 2013, 01:29 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

The macro check window should at least be placed maybe at the bottom of the screen in the text menu. I put my crafting tools in the bottom left of my bp and if its moved over too far the macro check pops up on top of my logs and i hit "no" by accident and get the 24 hour craft ban.

+Quote Post
Migi
post Mar 8 2014, 05:00 AM
Post #79

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,939

Wipe xD

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2019 - 03:36 AM