Reply to this topicStart new topic
> suggestions by me
DC Fan
post Apr 25 2014, 03:02 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,932

I suggest the ability to select the avatar from the sub group, such as if I picked Human, it would than pop up an image of all the possible results, instead of randomly selecting one for you.

I feel like it's a waste of 2 dollars to change your avatar and if it's ugly your most likely going to change it, and I feel like that's a sort of gambling and or scamming to be quite honest.

I'd rather see the ability to select the avatars that are being randomly rolled on when you buy an avatar change.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Punk00
post Apr 25 2014, 03:31 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,936

Or allow you to lower the pool of possible picks. Maybe pick 5 or so that you would want and it randomly selects one of them. The random element is sort of cool in my opinion.

+Quote Post
DC Fan
post Apr 25 2014, 05:47 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

It's cool to an extent, but it's $2 per avatar change in old game, it's considerabley expensive for me. and I bought 3 of them, and got 3 ugly avatars, I feel like I should of went and got a sandwhich and soda. :P

+Quote Post
DC Fan
post Apr 30 2014, 12:13 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

What better way to encourage support of this game, by offering those until the end of June that sign up for 1 year Dransik VIP $25, A BONUS level 50 character.

I suggest that when you activate, VIP an item enters your backpack using that item will would bring the character your using it on, to the 50th level exp amount.

Using it on a character over level 50, would state an error, this way some level 100 couldn't accidentally bring himself down to level 50 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I don't think it's a bad idea, I don't feel that it would do anything to hurt the game, because the population is low, if anything it would help the game.

I honestly don't think this would be very hard to implement, Buy Vip, upon activate you're given an orb (can be traded / dropped or put into a container) That would increase your level to the 50th level worth of exp.

I for one, would love to see this, Making it tradeable may encourage those who are already level 100 on their mains, to still sign up for VIP because of the deal they could make!

+Quote Post
DC Fan
post May 17 2014, 12:54 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Seekers around Dransik.

In the past these bad boys used to give exp for completing a kill count quest, now after so many thousands of points they give you an unloot scroll. I think that's fan fricken tastic. However....

I want the exp to come back, but only for those who support the game with VIP.

This time around it should be different. And here is how I would do it.

Example.

Ice Beasts: Kill 100.

I go kill 100, averaged out I did 110k total damage, thus I've made 110k exp

T = Total Damage

T * . 25 = Exp Reward (27,500) in this case.

You would be getting 25% more exp if you choose to be Vip and use the Seekers, all of the exp would go to epool and you're over all level as well.

Should you choose to allow people to use the seekers with out vip but only allow them a taste I recommend 5%

T * .05 (5,500) exp in this case.

While 5% doesn't seem like much, it really isn't but it could come in handy when leveling starter profession skills, and you're hunting anyway.

5% bonus from seekers, based on over all damage done to specific seeker mob you're on. For those who don't have Vip, and 25% exp bonus for those who do.

PH would be 6.25% for non vip and 31.25% more exp for those who have ph on, and are vip that turn in seekers.

There is no bonus exp in Dransik like there is in Ashen Empires, and I would like to see something like that here in Dransik Classic.

+Quote Post
kung fu
post May 18 2014, 09:38 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,351

Levels 1-50 are the most fundamental aspects of the game.

+Quote Post
DC Fan
post May 18 2014, 03:18 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I'm not sure how anyone can agree with that. The mid to high end content isn't even realistically available on a daily basis unless you're at least level 60 to 70.

Being able to support the game, and getting a level 50 character seems absolutely reasonable.

+Quote Post
DC Fan
post May 19 2014, 04:09 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

New Race Bonuses if VIP, in addition with regular race bonuses.

Humans 12% Disease Resistance.
Brimlock 12% Fire Resistance.
Dark Elf 8% Elect / Cold Resistance.
Kmodoans 10% Poison Resitance.
Orc 14% Poison Resistance.
Gnoll 12% Acid Resistance
Elves 8% Acid resistance 8% Electrical.
Tundrian 12% Cold Resistance

+Quote Post
Punk00
post May 19 2014, 04:24 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Sorry I would have to disagree on any % resistance based on race. Especially one you would have to pay for. That would create a 100% pay to win game mechanic. Although the idea is not totally flawed...

Something along 10 extra orbs in a stat or 10 extra levels on a skill would not be too "overpowered" and necessary to have to overcome someone who has payed for it.

If everybody including non VIP got the bonuses it would obviously be fair. But something like element resistance is too good to only be available through real world money.

+Quote Post
DC Fan
post May 20 2014, 03:22 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

New Stats on Holy and Black Armor.'

Holy/Black Helm, +10str 3% All Resistances
Holy/Black Gaunts 3% All Resistances.
Holy/Black Leggings 3% All Resistances.
Holy/Black Shield 5% All resistances.
Holy/Black Plate 7% All resistances.

Total Set Bonus

+10 Str 21% All resistance.

Getting Holy/Black gear is no less of a grind than obtaining other gear, in fact it can even take longer for H plate and H Shield, B Shield, and Leggings than some other armors that give much more resistances.

I've always felt this gear was put into the game with lesser potential than it should of, and lets be honest using a full set for 21% to all resistances won't be an overly common occurrence, just a nice bonus for those who do use it. And would aid those attempting to move on to the next tier of armor, Frost/GBR Dragon/ Runes etc.

I feel like the game progression doesn't call for Holy Shield, Helm, Plate. Or Black Helm, Shield, or Plate either, and with adding these bonuses you will see people using more than just Holy/Black Leggings and Gaunts on a regular basis.

It makes sense to have resistances on H and B armor, for example go to Vels, level up a bit hit level 35, now you know it's time to get Ice Crystals, just to forge frost gear,(if ur super lucky or have a friend) all of this time spent to get new items with no resistances other than a 5% frost shield, you get slaughtered.

Other circumstances could also be entered here.

+Quote Post
Punk00
post May 20 2014, 04:59 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

As my understanding holy and black armor give only armor correct? Instead of adding percent resistance to buff them, maybe like a +3 to str and con. And a buff to their armor bonus. (I believe that all attacks have a chance to miss based on armor count. You could even add a +5 evasion boost to all element damage if you wanted.)

This type of buff I think would just make it better at what it already is for. Which is good ap value for sort of cheap cost without being too good.

+Quote Post
Dropsun
post May 20 2014, 11:05 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,656

they're fine, and worthless 2+ years into a wipe, nothing wrong with that. they're tossed around as junk gear, and the only thing i've give is the legs more armor so they're better for armor over dragon armor, but even hesitant on that. they're fine as is. a lot of stuff loses value when everyone is lv.100

+Quote Post
DC Fan
post May 21 2014, 12:29 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

We're not even talking about everyone being 100, because that's not the issue here. Most people aren't level 100.

We're talking about the rarity of the gear, and when you can start to wear the gear, and obtain your own on a regular basis.

There isn't enough Armor in the game, to not give Holy and Black a boost, there shouldn't be any Armor that is simply disgarded as trash, unless it's magic or below.

This is due to the limited amount of Armor in the game. Magic, H/B. Green Dragon, Frost, Blue Dragon, Red Dragon. (At this point everything else in between and than rune)

There really isn't enough armor in the game. Not to give Holy and Black a boost.

Dropsun I get that you want all of your suggestions implemented and no one else s, but it's getting old to see you reply constantly against ideas that aren't on your little list.

+Quote Post
Dropsun
post May 21 2014, 02:11 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

its because your suggestions are simple minded and biased towards you being lv.40 and 3 years behind everyone
it's 3 years into the game holies are pointless as they should be
get us a wipe with a team that will work on the game and we can real talk and waste time balancing some junk armor in the game so it attempts to be relevant for 3 years
you don't see people wearing molten core gear 7 years later/dragon soul gear 3 years later in wow do you? they don't even have it figured out themselves
if you went on the wow forums and said "i want my molten core gear to be relevant to the latest and greatest expansion gear because i can't level up!!" they'd laugh you out of the forums

also my suggestions don't even help me what so ever - there is like 5 there that even nerf the leveling strategy i did for this time around to be higher lvl than everyone. I also have the time to dump and outlevel everyone on these current tables but you also see me wanting to reduce the exp tables so its fair for everyone too.

When your suggestions are relevant to the current state of the game for most players and not YOUR lv.40 state of the game then we can have real talk about game balancing or what i said above, a dev team.
You account for one of the lv.40 nab out of probably 10 total vs the 30+ 70->100s that want to play right now if the game isn't wiped. There's no point wasting time balancing garbage gear that is in shops by the dozen and stacks in an alts bank if we don't have a wipe offer on the table.
You also haven't realized if an update happens and there is no wipe and you play on Mainland you're going to be dirt napping most of the time right? everyone is 70->100 that actively plays. sorry that you aren't past 40 yet. The early game is long gone and anyone behind will stay behind if they're too busy wasting their time being stuck in the early game.

+Quote Post
Alkyoneus
post May 21 2014, 02:22 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,588

Actually, I was the one who mentioned this to him via Skype.

Why should these 2 armour sets have resistances? There are already specific gear for "all resistance" and they're mage gear. For the amount of armour on most pieces, they make up for it from their healing and resistance. If anything, they should get an armour boost and a slight str/con boost (2 points per piece at least) if Zarquon plans on raising the healing range on potions in the update.

There is absolutely no reason to have throw away gear (Holies, Blacks, Magics), let alone for how easy they are to be obtained, to have any resistance on them when the only time you should use them is for leveling from 15 to approx. 45. The ones who use it during PKs are the ones who don't like getting looted of their "expensive" gear.

+Quote Post
DC Fan
post May 21 2014, 03:36 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

My suggestions are biased on only work for me? Well that's weird. Thanks for your insight and nice wall of text. stop replying to my posts. you never have anything good to add.

+Quote Post
DC Fan
post May 21 2014, 03:38 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Alkyoneus @ May 21 2014, 02:22 PM) *

Why should these 2 armour sets have resistances? There are already specific gear for "all resistance" and they're mage gear. For the amount of armour on most pieces, they make up for it from their healing and resistance. If anything, they should get an armour boost and a slight str/con boost (2 points per piece at least) if Zarquon plans on raising the healing range on potions in the update.

There is absolutely no reason to have throw away gear (Holies, Blacks, Magics), let alone for how easy they are to be obtained, to have any resistance on them when the only time you should use them is for leveling from 15 to approx. 45. The ones who use it during PKs are the ones who don't like getting looted of their "expensive" gear.

How easy they are to obtain... Leggings, gaunts and helm, are the easiest to obtain, due to Ettins, And Golems. However if you're after Holy shield and plate. You need gear to hunt those mobs, that's the point.

Good luck getting a holy shield with no frost gear, or a holy plate with no poison resistance gears.

This is why these gears need resistances, in my opinion.

+Quote Post
Dropsun
post May 21 2014, 04:56 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

hello
talk to players
check the shops
they are in there by the dozens and nobody wants them! I hunted toxicum with no resistance from lv.40->70 until i got one or two pieces of gd in holy gaunts/legs. I had stacks of holy plates/legs/etc they dropped like candy and i handed them out like candy to my guildies because i didn't need them! aogh hp is better in every way when vs poison monsters. you don't need resistance to hunt anything in this game besides balrons without dying!
there is plenty of others that did too. people have been hunting ids with no resistance for ages aka the ice sword rush. holy shield is only worthwhile because of bol, and bol is worthless because keeping holy in a pvp game is stupid and it's still worthless otherwise because all the shields are broken!

(IMG:http://puu.sh/8VQ3m.png)

I went to the shop and bought up every single one and this was just nk, if the server hadn't reset this month i'd probably be able to fill a screen and If these things had resistance it'd be the only thing people wear in pvp. If I bought up all the black armor I could fill up a screen too. They are COMMON and they are JUNK. There is too many COMMON ITEMS that are TOO GOOD and JUNK at the same time and is the reason why half the mage gear along with poison axes need changed to be less powerful, or more rare.

They are semi-common in a 1-3 month old server, they are abundant past that. That is how they are supposed to be! They don't need to be anything more than armor for us to level in as they always have been because armor is extremely efficient until you get resistance gear that has the same armor or more armor. Armor is BETTER than resistance because resistance is only good at a certain percentage and is the reason why we used rugged brims to hunt IOD 1 month into this server with no trouble for hours. It has too much armor, and has plentiful resistance. It was cheap, we had no risk, and it worked efficiently. People were also doing this pre this wipe when the server was 6 years old and mostly everyone was 100 to just save their bank... Brimidian gear also needs nerfed armor wise(for a wipe anyway) but I honestly believe that the work required for it is worth what it gives currently.

+Quote Post
Alkyoneus
post May 21 2014, 11:20 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,588

QUOTE(DC Fan @ May 21 2014, 03:38 PM) *
QUOTE(Alkyoneus @ May 21 2014, 02:22 PM) *

How easy they are to obtain... Leggings, gaunts and helm, are the easiest to obtain, due to Ettins, And Golems. However if you're after Holy shield and plate. You need gear to hunt those mobs, that's the point.

Good luck getting a holy shield with no frost gear, or a holy plate with no poison resistance gears.

This is why these gears need resistances, in my opinion.

You're forgetting that Fungillia's drop Holy Platemails too then. And even if you are after a Holy Shield, why should it be easier to use a Blade of Light set?

The point of having "hard to obtain" items is to keep an economy strong. Why do you think Blue/Green/Blue and Frost armour takes forever to craft? Granted that there were many duped sets but even without it, people paid 300+ tokens for those sets. If everything was easily obtained, what's the point of continuous hunting? Here's a simple answer for that: you hunt to gain an advantage - leveling, wealth, strength from certain pieces (Rune Gaunts, power weapons), resistances (Blue/Red/Green Dragons, mage gear, Rune Shields), etc.

The second you change the economy and how it works, the only drive you'll have is to outlevel someone and we all know how boring that is by level 70-80.

+Quote Post
DC Fan
post May 21 2014, 11:32 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Who said anything regarding increasing the drop rates to get the H and B more often? We're talking about adding something to a set that has nothing going for it. The armor alone isn't enough, it simply isn't enough.

The blade of light, came in the game 10 years after Holy and Black armor were introduced. You're saying "why make the BoL easier to use" Well I never Coded it to require a full holy set, and honestly it shouldn't There also should be a counter weapon the Blade of Darkness, which was never introduced into the game for Black sets.

The Tyrant destroyed this game in my opinion, adding magic, and giving int a purpose with out even so much as fine tuning anything, You're basically forced to Go STR INT, in this current version, and it's absolutely disgusting.

Why should H and Black have resistances? Because not everyone wants to be a Str/Int by product of a screwed up version of the game.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2019 - 10:36 PM