> Classes - Revamp to current system
Miller
post Feb 26 2009, 03:25 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 366

QUOTE(KaaLimaTo @ Feb 26 2009, 03:16 AM) *
Yeah, it was totally my fault that stutters got ****ed up.
/sarcasm

Why don't you look at your guild, the famous DE with speed and ballyhack? How more retarded can you go? You don't want to turn this to a flame yet you start to flame me? **** you.

Try reading everything that was said, and stop throwing up old *** **** that your stupid *** guild did to you ignorant *** hypocrite.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anexii
post Feb 26 2009, 03:56 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 1,957

I also am not a fan of limiting weapons to certain builds so strictly. To some degree, however, I think this is acceptable and needs to be done.

The idea is to put the correct requirements on the gear that would benefit their choice of orb placement best.

For example, the best pure mage gear should have high int and con requirements.

*Robe of Elements*
Req: 90 int, 90 con
Bonus: +35 int
Resists: 5% to all

This robe would give a superb buff to int because a player who meets the requirments to wear this obviously wouldn't have much strength and therefor would not be sufficient in melee but would need the boost in int to deal more damage with scrolls and other int dependent things.

It's things like this that need to be added in order to give the players the OPTION to move away from the classic str/other stat combo that players are forced into doing to be a viable build in dransik.

100 int/con should have it's own perks that go beyond using melee for the majority of your damage just as dex needs to be buffed to allow 100dex/con to be a viable option aswell.

I also think it's time that you change items in such a way that if the requirement is not met constantly, the item falls off. This will prevent players from only going 20 base int for example because they have a rune helm and mystic robe laying around that they can equip just long enough to use that nifty sand gear that has a 60 int requirement. This will force players to either A) commit more orbs into a stat to wear the good gear that is supposed to scale with a high state or B ) actually keep good gear like a rune helm on in battle if they do not wish to spec an extra 20 int to wear the other gear.

+Quote Post
Guest_DWC Aldwulf_*
post Feb 26 2009, 05:57 AM
Post #43

Guests

QUOTE(Anexii @ Feb 26 2009, 03:56 AM) *
I also am not a fan of limiting weapons to certain builds so strictly. To some degree, however, I think this is acceptable and needs to be done.

The idea is to put the correct requirements on the gear that would benefit their choice of orb placement best.

For example, the best pure mage gear should have high int and con requirements.

*Robe of Elements*
Req: 90 int, 90 con
Bonus: +35 int
Resists: 5% to all

This robe would give a superb buff to int because a player who meets the requirments to wear this obviously wouldn't have much strength and therefor would not be sufficient in melee but would need the boost in int to deal more damage with scrolls and other int dependent things.

It's things like this that need to be added in order to give the players the OPTION to move away from the classic str/other stat combo that players are forced into doing to be a viable build in dransik.

100 int/con should have it's own perks that go beyond using melee for the majority of your damage just as dex needs to be buffed to allow 100dex/con to be a viable option aswell.

I also think it's time that you change items in such a way that if the requirement is not met constantly, the item falls off. This will prevent players from only going 20 base int for example because they have a rune helm and mystic robe laying around that they can equip just long enough to use that nifty sand gear that has a 60 int requirement. This will force players to either A) commit more orbs into a stat to wear the good gear that is supposed to scale with a high state or B ) actually keep good gear like a rune helm on in battle if they do not wish to spec an extra 20 int to wear the other gear.

I like this idea.

+Quote Post
Sactor
post Feb 26 2009, 06:01 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 2,898

so when this is implemented, everyones orb reset's and race changes turn to ****, too, So techancly he is giving us orb resets and 1 race change, (and if not thats pretty ****ed)

So when TT does this ****** update, It will make mages us only poles, ok keeping that in mind, u go hunting ur on your last SOD, and u have an LS in bank, but u got pked droped sod, and becuse of thise new gay req, ur weponless till somone gives u somthing kus guess what u got 3 waki's an icer, but again, u gota get blocked away from your body becuse u cant wielld YOUR OWN WEPS

+Quote Post
Sactor
post Feb 26 2009, 06:02 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 2,898

Another way for people to waist money on dransik.

~egwene~

+Quote Post
Guest_DWC Aldwulf_*
post Feb 26 2009, 06:10 AM
Post #46

Guests

Why jump to conclusions before knowing the facts of what is going on once this has been implemented? Why don't you just ask a civilised question to what will happen instead of making an idiotic post?

+Quote Post
acrytex
post Feb 26 2009, 07:00 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,050

No to the change to spear of destiny. weapons don't need their requirements changed. just some more new mage only weapons like serpent staff.

+Quote Post
TuneSquad
post Feb 26 2009, 07:08 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 3,407

QUOTE(acrytex @ Feb 26 2009, 07:00 AM) *
No to the change to spear of destiny. weapons don't need their requirements changed. just some more new mage only weapons like serpent staff.

well, i could agree to that,

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Feb 26 2009, 07:45 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 437

Warriors definitely needs a rare magical weapon other than BoL.

+Quote Post
TuneSquad
post Feb 26 2009, 08:10 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 3,407

QUOTE(KaaLimaTo @ Feb 26 2009, 07:45 AM) *

sot,DS,Dreadnot .. GBOA...

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Feb 26 2009, 08:57 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 437

QUOTE(TuneSquad @ Feb 26 2009, 08:10 AM) *
QUOTE(KaaLimaTo @ Feb 26 2009, 07:45 AM) *

sot,DS,Dreadnot .. GBOA...

SoT or Dark Sword don't exist. SoT is fire damage anyways. Dreadnought blade is disease and GBOA is fire. I was thinking GBOA could be changed to magical but there still needs to be a more common magical weapon.

+Quote Post
Garland420
post Feb 26 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #52

Member No.: 2,799

Sadly warriors and Archers already have more weapons than mages, and to be honest i think the mage weapon skill should really be used properly aka have a point other than increasing the aoe damage done by certain mage weapons.

in other words reinstate the god damn skill, add some minor, middle and upper class mage weapons, add MAGE to the character creation screen, Add MAGE WEAPON to the weapon orb at the start.

that way people who wish to be a mage from the start of the game dont need to get their god damn BLUNTS or POLEARMS up to level 40 odds just to use a god damn mage weapon -.-

and make mage weapons such as wand of the winds and wand of the flames require mage weapon skill -.-

really people, you are looking at this totaly backwards -.-

+Quote Post
Shadowsoul
post Feb 26 2009, 10:29 AM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 596

This is by no means a flame post, but maybe this isn't a good idea. The intellect, maturity and mindset of alot of players just isn't capable of producing a good middle ground that we can all agree on. Whilst there are some good ideas and suggestions which should be discussed maturely, without naming names, many players just don't understand anything about game balance and communal development. I can also understand that it is very difficult as a developer with little knowledge of how the game plays, which opinions to trust. It's the same with alot of things, there's far too much bias and greed. It's impossible to come to a reliable communal decision with a community such as this one.

I'm sure most people who have played dransik for a long time, appreciate the classic gameplay and system we had. Many suggestions are straying a loong way from this, and it's only going to drive old players away.

+Quote Post
Jaime
post Feb 26 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 1,087

QUOTE(Shadowsoul @ Feb 26 2009, 10:29 AM) *
This is by no means a flame post, but maybe this isn't a good idea. The intellect, maturity and mindset of alot of players just isn't capable of producing a good middle ground that we can all agree on. Whilst there are some good ideas and suggestions which should be discussed maturely, without naming names, many players just don't understand anything about game balance and communal development. I can also understand that it is very difficult as a developer with little knowledge of how the game plays, which opinions to trust. It's the same with alot of things, there's far too much bias and greed. It's impossible to come to a reliable communal decision with a community such as this one.

I'm sure most people who have played dransik for a long time, appreciate the classic gameplay and system we had. Many suggestions are straying a loong way from this, and it's only going to drive old players away.

Agreed. The 50+ lvl regs for armor/weaps are also dumb imo. Was much better when you could actually use something if you managed to get a good drop. Now it's just about powerlvling to that specific lvl or if you're 100lvl, re-alot stat points... truly sad.

+Quote Post
Kelvor
post Feb 26 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #55

Member No.: 2,834

Planet Earth finally shows signs of intelligence.

+Quote Post
Anexii
post Feb 26 2009, 12:48 PM
Post #56

Member No.: 1,957

I to am in agreement with this. We do not want to stray from what has made dransik dransik. However, people seem to have forgotten that int has just recently been made useful to some extent and now new items need to be brought in that will distinguish a true mage from a warrior. And the loss of a few 100 hp in return for scrolls that can heal 2k+ in the right situations is not balanced correctly, for the warrior especially. The original feel of dransik was already changed when scrolls were added to scale with int and stutter for bows to scale with dex. Now some things need to be done to better balance all classes. No, the answer is not to nerf any of them, but to bring others up to par.

The idea is not to change the requirments on current items. I am 100% against that idea. But like acrytex said, SOME new items need to be introduced for true mages only and SOME new items need to be introduced for true bowers and warriors only aswell. This should not become a trend however. These should be special items.

Also, con needs buffed aswell. I like the idea of making HP scale more the higher con you have.
To the players complaining that fights would last to long because of this, that is what rare, harder hitting weapons are for. A raise in HP is a stepping stone to introducing new, better gear which can be introduced in somewhat more rare way than the current flooding of icers.

Dex needs to up armor count more than it currently does and/or you need to make armor count work better than it currently does against melee and bows.

These things alone will help greatly to balance the game and it doesn't take away from the style that players have come a custom to playing. Besides, in any online rpg players must be able to tolerate some form of adapting to new things. If this wasn't the case games would never grow and we all know what happened to dransik last time it completely lost the developers attention.

+Quote Post
Angel of Kaos
post Feb 26 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 2,134

Weapons All classes should be able to use:
Icer
Vorp
PA
Elemental Axes
SoD
BT
Eph

Classes and new weapons and buffs?....

Warriors - Add New LB something that hits 320 - 440 that is Magical Dmg , Possibly a new Small Blade that Hits 270 - 390 also make it so you get + 10 per con instead of 5 and make it so when you 120 Con you get a Resist to All bonus of 5%

Bowers - How about adding a Assasins Crossbow (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) , fix the Bow Stutter, IMO the 100 Dex stutter should be .6 stutter and 150 should be .4 stutter and 170 should be .2 stutter (Only Way to get a 170 is at Lvl 100 with all + Dex Modifiers)

Mages - Add one new Blunt Weapon that is Speed 5 and hits 280 - 395 , Change the Cursed Staff again to a mage specific Weapon by adding a Int Requirement Bonus and possibly giving it a buff. Nerf the Healing to maybe a max of 420 with 140 int. So It would be 3 Hp per 1 int point. Add Timer to Scrolls so they cant just sit there Spamming them. They can always use Pots in between the timer.

Quick Edit
Make it So if you have 100 or 110 Bows that you dont miss on people regardless of their Armor or Dex

+Quote Post
Alzir
post Feb 26 2009, 02:04 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 2,565

Thing is, mass healing scrolls don't need to be nerfed. What you need to fix, is their healing stacking depending how many people you heal (which I considered to be a bug since they started working that way, but nobody has mentioned it here.)

Just fix this bug and you don't have mass healing scrolls healing for thousands, just roughly 280-480. (With 100 int)

+Quote Post
Miller
post Feb 26 2009, 03:53 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

Alrdy has happen.

+Quote Post
Birnical
post Feb 28 2009, 04:01 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,103

Well if Con scales to give more HP based on how much con you have, it would be fair for DEX to the same thing. killing two birds with one stone here.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2019 - 04:47 PM