post Jun 3 2009, 01:33 PM
Post #141

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,725

QUOTE(KaaLimaTo @ Jun 3 2009, 01:30 PM) *
QUOTE(Taco Girl @ Jun 3 2009, 01:24 PM) *
QUOTE(KaaLimaTo @ Jun 3 2009, 01:16 PM) *
QUOTE(Taco Girl @ Jun 3 2009, 01:08 PM) *
Kaali doesn't have an SoA so he doesn't want it to be buffed.

SoA is alot rarer than those 3 weapons you mentioned, there is no good Abishai spawn and the drop rate is very low.

Actually there is 3 good abishai spawns and I have 2 SoAs. I just don't want the game to be UNBALANCED since we have a person to BALANCE it.

You ever tried hunting them? The spawn rate is way too low to hunt decently.

I've hunted both of my soa's so gtfo.

I'm sure you did Kaali, everyone else in the game thinks there rare/hard to get, your just trying to make your bank richer.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shadowsoul
post Jun 3 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #142

Advanced Member

Member No.: 596

And in the time it would take you to usually get 2 soa's, you'd probably have a fire stone, 5 wakis 5 sods, 20 hofs, a **** load of scales and lots of experience if you'd been hunting reds instead. Look at how common the icer is in comparison, now the icer should never be nerfed, but the soa should be buffed.

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Jun 3 2009, 02:19 PM
Post #143

Advanced Member

Member No.: 437

QUOTE(Shadowsoul @ Jun 3 2009, 02:13 PM) *
And in the time it would take you to usually get 2 soa's, you'd probably have a fire stone, 5 wakis 5 sods, 20 hofs, a **** load of scales and lots of experience if you'd been hunting reds instead. Look at how common the icer is in comparison, now the icer should never be nerfed, but the soa should be buffed.

Why are you comparing SoA to Icer? I know that Icer is common. But so will SoA be if it gets buffed. Nobody bothers to hunt it because Icer does the same deal. But that doesn't mean it should be buffed. Make abishais hit 400-600 and I'll agree to buff it.

+Quote Post
Taco Girl
post Jun 3 2009, 02:24 PM
Post #144

Member No.: 3,725

QUOTE(KaaLimaTo @ Jun 3 2009, 02:19 PM) *

Why are you comparing SoA to Icer? I know that Icer is common. But so will SoA be if it gets buffed. Nobody bothers to hunt it because Icer does the same deal. But that doesn't mean it should be buffed. Make abishais hit 400-600 and I'll agree to buff it.

No point going in circles with you over this matter, everyone else think's it should be buffed, do as you will TTA let's see if you will listen to Kaali or the rest of the community.

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Jun 3 2009, 02:30 PM
Post #145

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Taco Girl @ Jun 3 2009, 02:24 PM) *
QUOTE(KaaLimaTo @ Jun 3 2009, 02:19 PM) *

No point going in circles with you over this matter, everyone else think's it should be buffed, do as you will TTA let's see if you will listen to Kaali or the rest of the community.

"rest of the community" being 2 persons? yeah right. I stand on my opinion.

+Quote Post
Coolcat
post Jun 3 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #146

Member No.: 2,631

If it'll make you ****ing happy, put SoA as a blue dragon drop instead of an Abishai drop -- god knows Bd's are harder to kill then reds.

And then buff SOA

+Quote Post
Shadowsoul
post Jun 3 2009, 06:19 PM
Post #147

Advanced Member

Member No.: 596

QUOTE(Coolcat @ Jun 3 2009, 10:25 PM) *
If it'll make you ****ing happy, put SoA as a blue dragon drop instead of an Abishai drop -- god knows Bd's are harder to kill then reds.

And then buff SOA

This, blue dragons need a good drop

+Quote Post
Miller
post Jun 5 2009, 12:05 PM
Post #148

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

The thing I see that needs changed with soa is keep the normal min and max dmg the same as a icer, but buffed the special up to do like 100-150 everytime, and I say make the special dex based, and also change the damn disease on it, it hardly ever diseases the disease rate needs to be like a poison axe's change to poison.

Now you say why dex based special its a warrior weap should be con based, because lets see a damn warrior is alrdy gonna have con and str durr, you want them to special EVERY hit that's a bit to much, a warrior can still get 80 dex. If you do how ever base the special on con, better not screw up how its done, I know not everyone is lvl 100, and lvl 100 should give a benefit, but just keep this in mind that a lvl 100 orc warrior, red name, and in the right gear can get over 200 con. Now you say well what is the diff. a bower can get 170 dex and special alot with it then, ya well a bower also has less hp, and needs a decent weap to use anyway, besides that with resist now days usually gonna hit for **** on mages, and good on warriors. BoL also needs to be buffed and its special needs to be Str based, now you say wtf dexers have 2 good weaps they can use then, ya but also it requires a fully h set so they gonna have to carry around diff. gear on them to switch from bow and bol back and forth, I say its str based because if its gonna require a H Set, only makes since for it to be str based. What is needed though is a weapon with a con based special, that requires a black set for evil people, holy warriors got bol, neutral dexers got soa, so evil warriors got ?

Anyway these are just a few options of mine, so can discuss what ya think on your own, I don't feel like typing about this **** anymore.

+Quote Post
Coolcat
post Jun 5 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #149

Member No.: 2,631

Miller points out a very good issue within the game -- the balancing between Poison and Disease.

As it is now, Poison has the vast upperhand, as seen in their characteristics:

Poison:
Occurs very very often on the target, sometimes up to as often as like 5 times in a row should your target have low constitution
Wears off after ~10 ticks (Correct me, please)

Disease:
Can only be cured by GCP (Which everyone uses...) as opposed to Cure potions which can only handle Poison. This, however, is hardly a bonus because everyone primarily relies on GCPs assuming their above level 5.
Does not wear off of target until cured or they die (Which, normally it is cured within 3 ticks anyway).

Both:
Lock people out from using Healing Potions, Scrolls, etc
Deal 1/4 of the damage you dealt per tick

Now, while you may be saying, Oh, Disease is so good, it doesn't wear off. Face the fact that you'll usually carry between 20 and 40 cure potions, and the ungodly rareness of the disease to actually contaminate the victim, this is very minor. And in the event that you don't have a cure, your almost just as likely to die of a nice poisonous hit from a SoD compared to a disease hit from a weapon -- as such, the point that it does not wear off is extremely dumb.

As such, I propose a few possible changes:

- Increase the damage Disease deals per tick in comparison to Poison to compensate for the lack of hits that actually land disease, in that instead of a 600 damage hit diseasing them for 150 ticks (1/2), perhaps up it to 1/2 the dealt damage so it would tick for 300. This would accomodate for lack of disease proc's without making it too similar to poison in terms of chance to land

- Alternately you could just copy poison and make it more likely to land, but the first suggestion brings more variety.

- You could also if you wanted increase the price of GCPs to a very large extent so that people wouldnt be so keen to pick up 40 greater cure potions and instead have to specifically pay a huge ammount to cure their disease, yet minimal price cost for the regular cure potions for curing poison. I don't care for this idea, but it is an option.

+Quote Post
BLIZZ
post Jun 8 2009, 03:23 AM
Post #150

Member No.: 1,784

Buff FA!

+Quote Post
Mc Speed
post Jul 31 2009, 12:28 PM
Post #151

Member No.: 674

QUOTE(KaaLimaTo @ May 29 2009, 05:01 AM) *
QUOTE(JonnyH @ May 28 2009, 09:15 PM) *
Alright, I've got the weapons' speeds fairly standardized. I've buffed the weapons that I listed above. Because we don't have actual drop rates for the items, it's difficult to know which are innately more rare than others, in the game. Thus, I've gotta rely on what people say about them, and what I know from experience as to their rarity. And so I will submit what I have to TT to be implemented in the next update, and if it needs to be changed after that, you'll have to keep on letting me know. Balancing takes re-balancing.

Are you kidding me? I think you previously posted that you can't balance the weapons looking at the price or rarity. What if you make the weapon good and people start to actually hunt the monsters that drops the weapon? Then we have a common good weapon which does not sound like balanced. I know that example sword of affliction drops from abishai as rare drop. But the monster only hits 70's and 100's.

I also know that soul stealer drops from Green Dragon more often that 0.01% of the time.

How about ask the drop rates from Tyrant before making any mistakes as buffing rebuffing debuffing and buffing again?

This would do a chaos to the markets.

I can help you with the monster spawn rates on mainland.

all these so called balancing is going to cause choas on the market, and like some1 else said messing with things like hos and icer is messing with the games history these items have been in the game for too long to start changing them... i could understand if they had been in for like 2 weeks but over 10 years is abit different

+Quote Post
JonnyH
post Aug 1 2010, 10:31 PM
Post #152

Advanced Member

Member No.: 502

So... let's get some more conversation going on this. I can still balance things, if people will give feedback. Rather than random people starting threads that end up going nowhere, let's use the one that actually can bring about change.

Let me know what you think of how things currently are, and I'll see what I can do.

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Aug 2 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #153

Advanced Member

QUOTE(JonnyH @ Aug 1 2010, 10:31 PM) *
So... let's get some more conversation going on this. I can still balance things, if people will give feedback. Rather than random people starting threads that end up going nowhere, let's use the one that actually can bring about change.

Let me know what you think of how things currently are, and I'll see what I can do.

Currently the most useful melee weapon after the power weapons is poison axe.

+Quote Post
Flavoraid
post Sep 6 2011, 03:54 PM
Post #154

Member No.: 5,786

Poison Axe is definitely useful and cheap and easy to obtain but I don't know if I'd say it's overpowered.

Let's face it a lot of people in game use pot hack making the poison modifier useless, elemental gear nerfs it even more.

However compared to an Icer which does 95 max damage wheras the Poison Axe does 85 max dmg (on the weapon) Frosts which are the cheapest of the forged resistance items gives evasion bonus along with the resistance making cold items less likely to hit on someone wearing frosts.

There's definitely something wrong when someone can wear PA, Frost gaunts, Frost legs that are easier/cheaper to obtain than a single Ice Sword and are better off in a PK situation.

Why is it that poison resist gear doesn't give evasion bonus where frosts, blue dragon, and red dragon gear does? Even magic disease plate does and magic poison plate doesn't.

I think the resistance gear being imbalanced is a bigger issue than the poison axe being overpowered relative to it's value/rarity.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2019 - 04:27 AM