> About: Account and item sharing and selling
GM Quanyin
post Nov 11 2009, 01:46 PM
Post #1

Ashen Empires Lead GM

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 154

From the End User License Agreement - EULA

#1 You may not transfer or share your Account with anyone, except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one child to use the Account instead of you (in which case you may not use that Account).

#9 You may not buy, sell or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) any Game characters, items, coin or copyrighted material.

From the Rules of Conduct - ROC

Violations of the RoC:

#8 Promoting, advertising about or directly trading or selling in-game items or game accounts for real-world money, gift certificates or other game accounts.

Note: Advertising an account for sale is prohibited as well as actual sale.

We realize that a lot goes on which is not in accord with the above. If you act outside the rules of the game and get burned, you have no recourse with support.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Erudite
post Nov 11 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 340

yep yep, like i always say dont share with someone unless you can beat them up irl xD (and of course that they are very trustworthy :P)

+Quote Post
Ghost of Choice
post Nov 11 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 150

Some clarifications would be helpful.

1. Under RoC #8, are tokens considered to be "gift certificates" (thus making it a violation to make token transactions for in-game items, gold or services [such as power hours])?

2. Under EULA #9, this seems to make all player transactions whatsoever that involve in-game items a violation (including such cases as GMs giving out official AE event rewards), and puts AEAuction.com in violation as a facilitator. It sounds like this may need to be edited to make it unambiguously clear that it refers to Real Money Transactions and not transactions for in-game gold, items and favors, if that is indeed the intent of the rule.

+Quote Post
GM Anduin
post Nov 24 2009, 02:01 AM
Post #4

Ashen Empires GM & Sheepboy
Group Icon

Group: AE GMs
Member No.: 292

Tokens are an in game currency, tradable for other in game items, currencies, and services.

+Quote Post
The All Powerful...
post Jan 25 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 590

Interesting.

So AE Auctions violates rule #9?

+Quote Post
Spar
post Jan 25 2010, 05:10 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,208

more less dont be a RAT..

+Quote Post
Ghost of Choice
post Jan 25 2010, 06:18 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE(The All Powerful Lara @ Jan 25 2010, 12:26 PM) *
Interesting.

So AE Auctions violates rule #9?

They still haven't clarified rule #9 to specify RMTs as I asked two months ago. Until they do, it does appear that AE Auction stands in violation of the EULA. That rule, as written, also forbids players from making player-to-player transactions of in-game items or gold. They may mean something else, but that's not actually what it says.

9. You may not use any third party software to modify the Software to change Game play. You may not create, facilitate, host, link to or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, such as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not buy, sell or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) any Game characters, items, coin or copyrighted material.
(emphasis mine)

The rule, as written, even forbids GMs from awarding in-game item contest prizes (in exchange for the service of having won the contest in question). I'm sure I'd be spanked for turning in a GM for a EULA violation like that, though. heh. Really, they just need to fix it.

+Quote Post
Kamiel
post Jan 25 2010, 06:34 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 445

I think we can safely assume they mean auctions using real life money such as ebay. Tho its not specifically stated as such it's pretty much a no brainer I would think.

+Quote Post
GM Timaeus
post Jan 25 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #9

Ashen Empires Lead GM
Group Icon

Group: AE GMs
Member No.: 289

To make a clarification, the point under discussion here addresses sales and trades for real life money. As in, players cannot buy, sell or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) any Game characters, items, coin or copyrighted material for real money.

All transactions between players that envolve in game items (including tokens) are totally legal.

+Quote Post
Ghost of Choice
post Jan 25 2010, 06:45 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Thank you for the clarification. I'd like this to be entered in the bug list, so that the EULA will eventually be corrected to reflect current usage. Thanks!

+Quote Post
Nugz
post Feb 12 2010, 02:19 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 819

guess buying items for irl money on apply to some people

only :P

+Quote Post
Fuinacius
post Mar 22 2017, 06:40 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 7,322

QUOTE(GM Timaeus @ Jan 25 2010, 06:35 PM) *
To make a clarification, the point under discussion here addresses sales and trades for real life money. As in, players cannot buy, sell or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) any Game characters, items, coin or copyrighted material for real money.

All transactions between players that envolve in game items (including tokens) are totally legal.

So that means my attempt to buy tokens from another player to buy my "all expansions pack" and 1 month worth of vip is rule violating, EVEN if that's the only way I may get my hands in tokens, since I don't see the devs (or OE) introducing any different forms of payment that I can use on the pixel mine store, since I can't do money orders (mail in my country will not send money in mail) and my credit card is a NACIONAL credit card from Brazil, that pixel mine will be UNNABLE to make the transaction with?

+Quote Post
sick
post Mar 23 2017, 07:29 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,116

QUOTE(Fuinacius @ Mar 22 2017, 07:40 PM) *
QUOTE(GM Timaeus @ Jan 25 2010, 06:35 PM) *

So that means my attempt to buy tokens from another player to buy my "all expansions pack" and 1 month worth of vip is rule violating, EVEN if that's the only way I may get my hands in tokens, since I don't see the devs (or OE) introducing any different forms of payment that I can use on the pixel mine store, since I can't do money orders (mail in my country will not send money in mail) and my credit card is a NACIONAL credit card from Brazil, that pixel mine will be UNNABLE to make the transaction with?

Don't waste your time nor money bro. Play a real game run by professionals.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2020 - 11:23 PM