Reply to this topicStart new topic
> About spawnkilling
Diauka
post Apr 1 2009, 08:56 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,414

Like what has been said over and over. Take it out or leave it be... It's not impossible to change it....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The All Powerful...
post May 30 2009, 12:57 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 590

Its the British Parlimentary Defence - "but it within the game rules"...................

+Quote Post
Sylith
post Aug 30 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 350

(IMG:http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww208/NateyIsBeast/AshenEmpires00310.jpg)
(IMG:http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww208/NateyIsBeast/AshenEmpires00311.jpg)
(IMG:http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww208/NateyIsBeast/AshenEmpires00312.jpg)
(IMG:http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww208/NateyIsBeast/AshenEmpires00313.jpg)
(IMG:http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww208/NateyIsBeast/AshenEmpires00314.jpg)
(IMG:http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww208/NateyIsBeast/AshenEmpires00315.jpg)
(IMG:http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww208/NateyIsBeast/AshenEmpires00316.jpg)
(IMG:http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww208/NateyIsBeast/AshenEmpires00320.jpg)
(IMG:http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww208/NateyIsBeast/AshenEmpires00321.jpg)

+Quote Post
Sir Chris
post Mar 30 2010, 02:53 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,974

Wanted Spawn Gates should be a Complete safe zone for temp(criminal)/non-temp players. I mean it is a Wanted Spawn Gate isn't it. There should be protection there, I don't temp(criminal) unless I have to I don't want to be spawn killed. I understand temp(criminal) players being unsafe on a LSP portal or a divine spawn gate, but think about it. Wanted Spawn Gates should be Safe zones for temp(criminal) as well as non-temp. Seriously you can't spawn kill a non-temp player at a divine spawn gate. Why should you be able to spawn kill (or even have the option) at a wanted spawn gate.

Hey guys look problem fixed, I mean seriously this is what to do. Come on guys fix this issue please. Thanks

Oh and another Thing DoD portals should be safe/no drop zones as well it's the same thing as spawn killing, Ello!
(This doesn't mean a DoD portal should a a safe zone for temp(criminal) players, but you know what I mean)

+Quote Post
GrayFox
post Mar 31 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 781

The problem is, everyone wanted the circumstances for going temp to be upped (in order to increase the chance that you can re-loot things that were looted from you, and to make it so that if your TEMP you have nowhere to run/hide/escape)

Whats the point of even having a temp flag if you can just run to a safe zone/spawngate and say, HAHA YOU CANT KILL ME LOSER.

Basically, if you went temp and have to run to a spawngate to try to hide and avoid being rekilled, you shouldnt have went temp.

The system is supposed to encourage the person who gets killed to go back and fight to get his body back without just giving up and summoning.

+Quote Post
Sir Chris
post Apr 1 2010, 04:44 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,974

QUOTE(GrayFox @ Mar 31 2010, 11:35 AM) *
The problem is, everyone wanted the circumstances for going temp to be upped (in order to increase the chance that you can re-loot things that were looted from you, and to make it so that if your TEMP you have nowhere to run/hide/escape)

Whats the point of even having a temp flag if you can just run to a safe zone/spawngate and say, HAHA YOU CANT KILL ME LOSER.

Basically, if you went temp and have to run to a spawngate to try to hide and avoid being rekilled, you shouldnt have went temp.

The system is supposed to encourage the person who gets killed to go back and fight to get his body back without just giving up and summoning.

What about a timed safe zone after respawn, 10 sec or even 5 sec safe zone.

+Quote Post
Ertzel
post Apr 1 2010, 05:15 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 299

QUOTE(Sir Chris @ Apr 1 2010, 06:44 AM) *
What about a timed safe zone after respawn, 10 sec or even 5 sec safe zone.

10 or 5 seconds wouldn't stop spawnkilling, you wont get away in that time and can't logout within that time. Also thats like rewarding a thief by giving them a head start.

+Quote Post
GrayFox
post Apr 1 2010, 07:04 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

This thread was started when there was spawngates that were not safe zones and non temp players could be attacked on them, that was a problem and undoubted form of greifing. Then they fixed it.

Then they updated PvP and made it so that if you temp, you dont have anywhere to be totally safe, safe zones do nothing, you cant sail, you cant stone, etc.... This encourages PvP by the person who got pked and it makes it so theres actually a consequence to going temp because there really wasnt any reason not to temp before when you could just hide in a safe zone. If you are scared of getting killed on a spawngate, then dont go temp in a situation where you can be rekilled on the gate while temp.

+Quote Post
Morgan Fey
post Apr 1 2010, 08:50 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 342

I used to play on H, so I remember the reasons for a lot of these pvp things. But, I heard that on H now almost everybody is the same faction, so if you want to pvp it's with your own faction. When you attack your own faction, the attacker goes wanted. Is that correct? If it is, then not being safe anywhere if you're wanted is going to be a serious deterrent to starting pvp action if you can get totally massacred repeatedly the moment you come out a spawn gate.

+Quote Post
GrayFox
post Apr 1 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

If your in a situation where your going to end up on the spawngate getting rekilled by a mob of people, then maybe you shouldnt have went temp.

Like anything in life, if people think through their descisions before making them, theres a much greater chance they wont end up crying about it.

Either way, the fact that the entire server is the same factions isnt a problem with the wanted players being able to be attacked in safe zones, its due to the factions not being balanced. If factions worked correctly, people would only temp for looting people. Which is the point of not being able to hide in a safe zone so people have a chance to get their loot back (even though looted items dont drop if they are in unlooted fboxes *hint hint*)

And if people dont want to temp for pvping and end up in the spawngate scenario, theres 2 other factions that dont go temp for attacking. They could always switch and take a few towns and not have to worry about temping when attacking their "enemy"

+Quote Post
Miller
post Apr 1 2010, 01:01 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

I Vote GM Guard spawn gates, and new system put into place where your no longer temp if your killed.

+Quote Post
Ashleigh
post Apr 6 2010, 04:12 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,450

I miss seeing guards obliterate any monster or player within threat radius of the spawngate. Now most of the times it takes 4 guards to kill 1 mob and 4 guards to even dent a player (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Stronger guards plz?(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
GrayFox
post Apr 7 2010, 08:00 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ashleigh @ Apr 6 2010, 04:12 PM) *
I miss seeing guards obliterate any monster or player within threat radius of the spawngate. Now most of the times it takes 4 guards to kill 1 mob and 4 guards to even dent a player (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

YES, I remember when it used to be a thrill to run through josody temp, chances are you would die unless you were good with the shortcuts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/B.gif)

+Quote Post
Ashleigh
post Apr 7 2010, 12:04 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE(GrayFox @ Apr 7 2010, 03:00 PM) *
QUOTE(Ashleigh @ Apr 6 2010, 04:12 PM) *

YES, I remember when it used to be a thrill to run through josody temp, chances are you would die unless you were good with the shortcuts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/B.gif)

Now anyone with 50+cut and regen totem can afk tank 2 guards for 5minutes lol

+Quote Post
Burzy
post Apr 7 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,666

I remember when they had those Super Guards in some towns, the "Elite" ones who did "Acid damage" lol.

Buff some guards, make us afraid of them again! (not ALL guards, but the "Elite" ones dressed in gold plate, make em bad-*** again!)

+Quote Post
GrayFox
post Apr 7 2010, 12:22 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Ethereal guard i think it was. That dude was sick

+Quote Post
Ashleigh
post Apr 7 2010, 12:36 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

He's sitll there I think?

Guess you could just switch the damage type all guards do to normal - and adjust the lower level guards & none elites to do less damage than elites, royals ect.

+Quote Post
Hellfist
post Apr 7 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,599

Acid Guards haha good times

+Quote Post
Darkabyss29
post Sep 18 2010, 09:03 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,374

MAN I remember when it was a rush running into a town and trying to kill guards, When it actually TOOK SOME TIME to kill them! Back when there WASN'T RESISTANCES! There was just armor and weapons! like the P+5, Steel+5 AoGH and HoS as a REALLY good pvp combo, or the HoL GOD WEAPON, A god weapon which is now a PoS if not worse! the Famine Bringer! THE SOE! One of the best weapons in the game! MM for 300 dmg was unheard of unless you had that SoB! or the Symboled Blade of Destruction!!!!! Which I cant even find anymore!

+Quote Post
Syphosis
post Jan 8 2011, 07:58 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 4,441

Why not create an auto log of xxxx was killed by xxxx. Would solve the problem.

Or do something like player protection for 10 min from the same person.

I can't see why logged kills can't happen.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2020 - 02:53 PM