Reply to this topicStart new topic
> About spawnkilling
Butters
post Jun 10 2011, 10:00 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,694

this is a pointless thread...I got spawn killed not too long ago and took screens/paged a GM, and the response I got was 5 days later saying that I couldn't be reached in game (after being logged in every one of those days) so they were closing the ticket. Might as well just make it a selling point of the game that you can spawn kill people to get your kill count up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoulHarvester
post Jun 10 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 464

Ya seriously, disallow attacking temp people in safe zone or let us kill them legaly...

+Quote Post
BeaverKleaver
post Jun 10 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,849

hope there's more support for this topic then there is for DoD....

+Quote Post
GM Timaeus
post Jun 10 2011, 10:25 PM
Post #44

Ashen Empires Lead GM
Group Icon

Group: AE GMs
Member No.: 289

We can't always be online to witness spawnkilling. Players are welcome to send whatever proof (screenies or videos) they have to me via forum PM and I'll evaluate the situation.

+Quote Post
SoulHarvester
post Jun 11 2011, 01:51 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE(GM Timaeus @ Jun 11 2011, 07:25 AM) *
We can't always be online to witness spawnkilling. Players are welcome to send whatever proof (screenies or videos) they have to me via forum PM and I'll evaluate the situation.

Did you miss what I said? Devs need to disallow attacking temp people in Safe Zone if it is illegal according to you. I dont see why its illegal though... You became temp, means you need to pay for it. You can always try running away from the attacker - SZ is not a closed area...

+Quote Post
Ertzel
post Jun 11 2011, 08:09 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 299

Thing is, Safe Zones are not only at spawn gates. Temp people need to be able to be attacked if they are in a Safe Zone so ppl don't hide at teleports or in towns after they temp. That doesn't mean you should be allowed to spawn kill someone on a spawn gate though.

+Quote Post
SoulHarvester
post Jun 12 2011, 12:29 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Ertzel @ Jun 12 2011, 05:09 AM) *
Thing is, Safe Zones are not only at spawn gates. Temp people need to be able to be attacked if they are in a Safe Zone so ppl don't hide at teleports or in towns after they temp. That doesn't mean you should be allowed to spawn kill someone on a spawn gate though.

Well then remove Safe Zones from teleports? Anyhow people at spawngates has to be killed sometimes, as they stand and heal their buddys who are not temp - happened for me at Cyclops near NT.

+Quote Post
GM Timaeus
post Jun 12 2011, 05:41 AM
Post #48

Ashen Empires Lead GM
Group Icon

Group: AE GMs
Member No.: 289

My reply was to Butters who had a concern that needed to be addressed. As for the safe zones and temp players, I believe Ertzel said it well. This topic has been a subject of discussion many times before. We cannot make wanted players safe in safe zones because they really shouldn't be. They commit a crime and that should have some disadvantages, not to mention the problems that would be faced when taking over towns. Having said that, getting rekilled at a spawn gate surpasses the logic of a disadvantage and simply makes the victim unable to enjoy the game. That is basically why re-killing at a spawn gate is not allowed.

While this is not an ideal system, I do believe that the majority of players are simply not willing to risk valuable playing time just so they can kill a wanted player a few times at a spawn gate. Naturally, there are exceptions but with players submitting screenies and videos of these offenses, the chances of getting caught increases quite a lot.

On a seperate note, not all killings at the spawn gate are illegal. As in, if two players are fighting and a player gets the last hit on the "victim" within sight of the spawn gate, no action will be taken. That definetly is not "rekilling". The problem here is situations where the offender stands there killing a victim over and over again making the victim unable to enjoy the game.

+Quote Post
Krazel
post Jun 12 2011, 06:42 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 721

REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP REMOVE ALL SAFE ZONES EXCEPT FOR LSP this game is full of a bunch of people that think they are the best and sit around safe zones talking ****... all guilds all sides this game is nothing but a trash talking safe zone sittin game ALL GUILDS

+Quote Post
Krazel
post Jun 12 2011, 06:44 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 721

lol butters you seen krazeh kill count? thats what dta did when they was 90% of the population on H server! 600 deaths from being spawn killed lol

+Quote Post
Ertzel
post Jun 12 2011, 07:19 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 299

QUOTE(GM Timaeus @ Jun 12 2011, 07:41 AM) *
On a seperate note, not all killings at the spawn gate are illegal. As in, if two players are fighting and a player gets the last hit on the "victim" within sight of the spawn gate, no action will be taken. That definetly is not "rekilling". The problem here is situations where the offender stands there killing a victim over and over again making the victim unable to enjoy the game.

Thats a big thing I think people don't understand, or choose not to pay attention to. Some people seem to think they can temp. go out of the Spawn Gate, then if they are getting attacked and get low they run near a SF and think they ppl wont kill them anymore and if they do they ***** about spawn killing.

Theres a difference between someone standing at/on a spawn gate temp and healing/attacking other players and then getting killed, compared to someone spawning on the spawn gate and getting killed over and over again without having time to do anything or even try to escape/attack back.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th June 2019 - 01:45 PM