When posting about launcher issues, please include your OPERATING SYSTEM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Battle fog reset after pc format, Battle fog wtf
Graisen
post Oct 29 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,146

Ok so i've formatted my pc and after reinstalling the Ashen Empires game I see that my whole map is black wtf! thats bs! How come the battle fog has been reset and can it be changed back
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GM Quanyin
post Oct 30 2010, 12:50 AM
Post #2

Ashen Empires Lead GM

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 154

If you've purchased a "Map Reveal", go talk to the Cartographer in LSP Castle and she'll restore your map for you. If you didn't buy a Map Reveal, then you'll either need to clear your map the old fashioned way or buy a Map Reveal.

+Quote Post
Kamiel
post Nov 27 2010, 03:49 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 445

You can create a file on your comp and save the user data to it at regular or daily intervals and restore lost maps from it if you don't care to pay for the full reveal yet don't like having a lost connection constantly resetting a chars chat settings, hotbars and map to default status.

Just create a folder on the desktop, create a shortcut to user data, and copy and paste the info from it to the backup folder after logging out. If you lose the map for a specific char or the hotbar settings or whatever you can just copy and paste the last saved user data file for all or just one char back into the relevant ae folder to restore them before relogging in.

There was a utility that was user created to facilitate this process called launchpad that I have and use but I don't know of any place to currently download it at this time. Manually saving is the only option aside from paying for the map reveals.

+Quote Post
Dyrankor
post Oct 6 2019, 07:58 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 761

QUOTE(Kamiel @ Nov 27 2010, 02:49 AM) *
If you lose the map for a specific char or the hotbar settings or whatever you can just copy and paste the last saved user data file for all or just one char back into the relevant ae folder to restore them before relogging in.

I've never found this to be true. In fact, this is exactly why I find myself searching through the forums and practicing necromancy on this old thread.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th November 2019 - 04:34 PM