6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chaos Island, Provide feedback
lVl Vegeta
post Mar 10 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,414

They would camp there to be pricks and kill off competition. I used DM as an example since they are known for their mobbing ability.

Fools aside, I'm wondering is this still an idea or have you set it in motion TT?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Owner
post Mar 10 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,122

should not be considered untill you fix up dransik

this should only be put into game when armor/weaps are balanced out, same with the heals

pretty much all your doing is adding a "hardcore" part to dransik which i can see horribly failing by mobs of people (and by people i mean friends obviously) running off and killing people just for GRIEF PLAY

Yup i said it GRIEF PLAY it does happen in dransik ALOT which is why i think this idea is horrible tbh

i've seen people in rune sets killing lvl 20ish people which is how i know this is gonna happen 1 way or the other ( not in rune sets of course)

a group of people (i can for see this as a group of mages) are gonna just find 1 person and nuke the **** out of them now this aspect would be fun for the group but now the solo person is off the island + lost all of his/her hard work

but if your really this keen on adding this idea then atleast fix dransik make it stable to play (no crashes) and make it balanced then you can have all the fun you want on "greif play" isle

also another thing i can see people just throwing alts there to put there good/spare gear on since there wont be a bank not saying that this is a bad thing but it would kind of in a way take away from the whole drop everything deal, but it would keep them comming back (maybe).

anyways thats enough outta me just my $0.02

+Quote Post
The Owner
post Mar 17 2009, 05:47 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,122

i have an idea!!!

why not make this "chaos island" into a "guild island" now hear me out first this is how it would work...

all the guilds would have to fight each other winning guild gets control of the island for a set time could be a week a few days w.e u want

bonus to having control of this island would be safe hunting for your guild and maybe even have it so that theres a gate that the guild people could then open up let who ever in (this is optional would not suggest it but thought i'd throw it out there anyways some might like it)

now i know there is gonna be people saying why not just move to vels well this gives more of a reason to pvp this would also throw an event in the game and then we will truly see how many dransik players there are out there

u could have the fight either no drop or with drop since it is pvp but i was thinkin maybe having the fight so that if u died u were done cant go back to help ur guild adding a no drop for the event to take over the island would then let people use there good gear without losing it since there are alot of people item sitting currently the no drop should be added just because the winners would then get a **** load of items which would then make it easyer for them to win the next 1 but either way i could see it being a fun aspect to to the game.

But thats enough outta me c ya.

+Quote Post
acrytex
post Mar 17 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,050

QUOTE(The Owner @ Mar 17 2009, 05:47 PM) *
i have an idea!!!

why not make this "chaos island" into a "guild island" now hear me out first this is how it would work...

all the guilds would have to fight each other winning guild gets control of the island for a set time could be a week a few days w.e u want

bonus to having control of this island would be safe hunting for your guild and maybe even have it so that theres a gate that the guild people could then open up let who ever in (this is optional would not suggest it but thought i'd throw it out there anyways some might like it)

now i know there is gonna be people saying why not just move to vels well this gives more of a reason to pvp this would also throw an event in the game and then we will truly see how many dransik players there are out there

u could have the fight either no drop or with drop since it is pvp but i was thinkin maybe having the fight so that if u died u were done cant go back to help ur guild adding a no drop for the event to take over the island would then let people use there good gear without losing it since there are alot of people item sitting currently the no drop should be added just because the winners would then get a **** load of items which would then make it easyer for them to win the next 1 but either way i could see it being a fun aspect to to the game.

no ty

+Quote Post
Viineri
post Mar 21 2009, 07:24 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 1,122

Yeah listen to The Owners suggestion!!!

Fill up the island with balrons and nycademons and orcus's and anubis's !!
Put 10 spawn gates near every spawn and couple pot shops and bankers around them!!
Also when you die you always no drop items os yeah!! This is my suggestion, i hope you like it!
WoooO! HURRAY FOR DRANSIK CHAOS ISLAND
WOoo woo 0w00w0

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Mar 21 2009, 07:28 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 437

My suggestion:

I think that if you kill someone, you lose your items and they go to the persons backpack who you just killed.

Also a spawngate and unlimited amount of deaths allowed.

+Quote Post
acrytex
post Mar 21 2009, 06:22 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE(KaaLimaTo @ Mar 21 2009, 07:28 AM) *
My suggestion:

I think that if you kill someone, you lose your items and they go to the persons backpack who you just killed.

Also a spawngate and unlimited amount of deaths allowed.

*sigh* no.

+Quote Post
Birnical
post Mar 21 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,103

QUOTE(The Owner @ Mar 18 2009, 01:47 AM) *
i have an idea!!!

great idea, some people are afraid of gm supervising pvp though not to mention they are afraid to lose let alone have it be public... That's one thing I have always been waiting for, "organized guild vs guild competition" with the winning team getting an exclusive rights to a hunting area for a set period of time. It successfully worked in Dark Age of Camelot..(Darkness Falls) We would have 40 people killing a boss..have a partial wipe..and then have a wave of of enemies charging us fully buffed and ready to pwn and take over the boss farming.

DUH we do not have those player numbers, but we can have 3-8 players hunting to get charged by 3-15...

To make it really extensive, you can set item requirements on enter, that is let's say you can enter in a full bd set, full rd set, but you cannot enter with brims/VSC/HOS Icer, that item requirement must be really extensive. That is you if you wear full rune armor set and +5 sword, you won't be able to enter because of the +5 sword. or Full RD SET/Icer and HOS instead of RD helm, you won't be able to enter. Maybe even remove the ice sword, after the weapon balancing, the other rarer weapons I speculate will be stronger.

+Quote Post
Ryder
post Mar 21 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 2,519

http://forums.pixelminegames.com/index.php?showtopic=8732

+Quote Post
acrytex
post Mar 21 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Birnical @ Mar 21 2009, 06:35 PM) *
QUOTE(The Owner @ Mar 18 2009, 01:47 AM) *
i have an idea!!!

great idea, some people are afraid of gm supervising pvp though not to mention they are afraid to lose let alone have it be public... That's one thing I have always been waiting for, "organized guild vs guild competition" with the winning team getting an exclusive rights to a hunting area for a set period of time. It successfully worked in Dark Age of Camelot..(Darkness Falls) We would have 40 people killing a boss..have a partial wipe..and then have a wave of of enemies charging us fully buffed and ready to pwn and take over the boss farming.

DUH we do not have those player numbers, but we can have 3-8 players hunting to get charged by 3-15...

To make it really extensive, you can set item requirements on enter, that is let's say you can enter in a full bd set, full rd set, but you cannot enter with brims/VSC/HOS Icer, that item requirement must be really extensive. That is you if you wear full rune armor set and +5 sword, you won't be able to enter because of the +5 sword. or Full RD SET/Icer and HOS instead of RD helm, you won't be able to enter. Maybe even remove the ice sword, after the weapon balancing, the other rarer weapons I speculate will be stronger.
NO.

the idea of this island is to feel like a fresh start with a lot more risk. Not for everyone and their guild to come hunt for the rest of their life with the same boring feeling of being level 100.

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Mar 21 2009, 07:19 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 437

acry, I see you didnt get it, heres a hint: /sarcasm

+Quote Post
Tyrant
post Apr 9 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #52

Pixel Mine Developer
Group Icon

Group: Pixel Mine
Member No.: 2,089

(IMG:http://i40.tinypic.com/2d1v8fm.jpg)

Shrunk the size down of the islands.

+Quote Post
Tyrant
post Apr 9 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #53

Pixel Mine Developer
Group Icon

Shop Item List Needed:
*What Items that should carry?

Provisioner

Tavern

Blacksmith
Blacksmith Hammer
Pick Axe

Alchemist
Cure Potion
Healing Potion

Scroll Shop
Minor Scroll of Elemental Dart
Minor Scroll of Healing

Weapons

Armory

Carpenter

+Quote Post
Tyrant
post Apr 9 2009, 08:43 PM
Post #54

Pixel Mine Developer
Group Icon

(IMG:http://i42.tinypic.com/292qko1.jpg)

what towns will look like. there will be 1 per island.

Teleport Gates will be in the middle of town, it will give you the ability to port to one of the other towns randomly.

+Quote Post
Dameon
post Apr 9 2009, 08:53 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 634

Not sure if something like this was mentioned, but what if you got like one bous death per 5 levels? That may make it a little bit more worth it.

+Quote Post
Tyrant
post Apr 9 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #56

Pixel Mine Developer
Group Icon

- Added OnLogin check for proper flag, if it fails check, boots you from island
- Added OnDeath script that will remove you from Chaos Island.

+Quote Post
acrytex
post Apr 9 2009, 09:39 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Tyrant @ Apr 9 2009, 10:21 PM) *
- Added OnLogin check for proper flag, if it fails check, boots you from island
- Added OnDeath script that will remove you from Chaos Island.

Should make another orb w/ vels and mainland if you die. it teleports you to that room so you can decide where you wanna go from there.

+Quote Post
Tyrant
post Apr 10 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #58

Pixel Mine Developer
Group Icon

-Added Random Portal to each town
-added safezone for portals north of the towns.

There are a total of 10 safezone chunks on Chaos Island. 5 for the villages, and 5 for the chunk that has the portal on them.
I would put the portal in town, but it is best to just leave them with multiple tiles free around it for proper teleportation checks.

+Quote Post
Shadowsoul
post Apr 10 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

Member No.: 596

No GHPs then?
What about GCPs? Surely there'll be some sort of disease damage on there...
Bandages?

+Quote Post
Tyrant
post Apr 10 2009, 03:37 PM
Post #60

Pixel Mine Developer
Group Icon

QUOTE(Shadowsoul @ Apr 10 2009, 03:19 PM) *
No GHPs then?
What about GCPs? Surely there'll be some sort of disease damage on there...
Bandages?

QUOTE(Tyrant @ Apr 9 2009, 08:10 PM) *
Shop Item List Needed:
*What Items that should carry?

I asked what each store should carry. Can you come up with a list for each shop, and see what the community thinks, and then Ill add it into game.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th February 2020 - 10:28 AM