Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is a wipe finally incoming???, Thank you OneEye!!!
Finish
post Feb 20 2017, 11:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,131

Heard through the grape vine that a wipe was incoming! Thank you for finally listening to us; the fans, of this fan based product! I am one of the people that truly appreciate it and look forward to playing again with my group of friends that tried convincing me that you guys would never come to your senses! I have already informed my group of friends and we are excited about the "New" opportunity you are giving us. Thanks again!!

-Finish
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SephirothGast
post Feb 21 2017, 09:41 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 907

Not going to happen :P

+Quote Post
Fujitsu
post Feb 23 2017, 07:14 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,595

Definitely not going to happen.

+Quote Post
White Warrior
post Feb 25 2017, 11:16 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 688

would be nice but wont happen

+Quote Post
Finish
post Mar 25 2017, 12:54 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,131

I am just being honest... If you had any sense of intelligence. You would wipe this game right now. Then if you really wanted to actually be successful in the gaming industry you would steal my idea and go with the season idea. Forget that though, lets just get the first part taken care of.

Lothgar released his game to the public finally and it came out of the gates red hot. I'm talking 100+ people on every minute of the day for the first couple days, but then the thirst for blood got people antsy for better PvP and so he implemented a PvP driven patch. This patch and some of the "fixes" involved really pissed off a lot of players. People are whining non-stop, threatening to quit, over a 1 or 2 day old patch! It blows my mind. But still it got me to thinking about this game right here.
The vast majority of players on LO are of Dransik decent. I mean hell, we refer to almost everything in there with some kind of Dransik reference. LO not only got HUGE donation money, but also had a very impressive opening player base. Dransik is very far ahead of LO and could have the same kind of success. Especially if done correctly.
At the end of the day, LO is a competitor of yours. Like it or not it is. And right now, people are frustrated with their shiny new toy (Lothgar Online). If it were me; as a business man, I would kick em while they were down and give people an outlet that I know they would eat up in their time of frustration. I mean look man, many of us have tried to help you. And as you have made it very clear, this is your toy and you will do what you want with it and if we don't like it we can go home. Look kid, we get it! But damn, you have an opportunity right now to rekindle a part of your "company". I have heard or seen the word Dransik more in the last week then I have in a few years. The opportunity is right there for the taking, its up to you though.

-Finish

+Quote Post
Fujitsu
post Mar 25 2017, 09:40 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Are you ****ing high bro? There's a mere 100 people playing. I've logged in a couple times typed "/online" and seen 50's. You asking this "business man" to invest time and money into a game that will generate next to no income?

EDIT: I don't know about you all, but I can't stand seeing the same 50 ****ing losers playing the same dog **** game that we played when we were kids. It's time to move on. Much better games or things to do out there.

+Quote Post
sick
post Mar 26 2017, 08:45 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,116

QUOTE(Fujitsu @ Mar 25 2017, 10:40 PM) *
Are you ****ing high bro? There's a mere 100 people playing. I've logged in a couple times typed "/online" and seen 50's. You asking this "business man" to invest time and money into a game that will generate next to no income?

EDIT: I don't know about you all, but I can't stand seeing the same 50 ****ing losers playing the same dog **** game that we played when we were kids. It's time to move on. Much better games or things to do out there.

*applauds*

+Quote Post
TheNecrisPhyder
post Mar 29 2017, 03:57 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 7,411

QUOTE(Fujitsu @ Mar 25 2017, 09:40 PM) *

With the way gaming is going nowadays, with everything looking backwards rather than forwards games wise, It makes sense to bring back something simple that people loved to play. I think personally that Dransik could make a resurgence. You saying you don't want to see people playing the same game we did as kids is rubbish, what harm did it do us? it's not a bad game, I've played much worse that was made this last year! compared to Dransik that has clearly stood the test of time and it really is one of those games that just sticks with you. It means so much to people to be able to come back and play this game. How about instead of being negative, you start thinking of a solution rather than cursing and acting like you've moved on past this game when you're still sat here replying to the forums. You always were the same in game. It's sad to see you've continued to be that way into your adult life.

+Quote Post
Fujitsu
post Mar 29 2017, 07:16 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

You sound like a liberal pansy. I bet you voted for Trudeau. You keep dreaming. I'll keep reaching for what is obtainable. I'll set realistic goals and achieve them. You sit back and watch me. Thats the type of person you are. A pansy **** who just dreams for something to happen. I make **** happen, boy. And this ****, Dransik ; ain't happening. I read the forums because I enjoy reading. I enjoy watching people complain and cry and dream of what could have been. I feed off others misery. The game is dead. Leave it that way.

+Quote Post
Graffel
post Apr 7 2017, 12:05 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 5,799

The reason why this game is almost dead now is that there is no maintenance, no updates, no new content, no bug fixes, no events, no fixes to cheats. We were promised everything I just mentioned when the server was wiped at 2011. That was 6 years ago, and nothing has been done.

Before even thinking about a wipe, you need developers to look into this game and make those things to happen.

+Quote Post
kung fu
post Apr 7 2017, 03:31 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,351

Dont touch my guns or my dransik.

+Quote Post
Nate
post May 26 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 360

They tried to wipe the server before and it was a fail. You run a risk losing players by wiping the server but if major issues were addressed and fixed, the game would have survived the wipe. Just be glad it's still running because we all know there is no money being made from it.

+Quote Post
SavageKelt
post Aug 3 2017, 10:05 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,604

people are bored of the game play.
A wipe won't fix it.
people whined and complained that the game was too easy, so they took out the seeker xp, buffed some mobs, and nerfed some drops. they added a little more items, and wiped the game.
then the majority of returning players, realized that leveling sucks in this game, and it is still the same old players using the same old hax, to loot the same old items, over and over.
people are going to cry and complain to get their way in this game, and then are going to cry and complain that they didn't want their way after all.
the problem with this game is the coding and the interface.
it has been too buggy and easy to hack since the beginning.
the devs, have been spending so much time trying to fix bugs and hax, that they have barely had time to deal with coding new content into this pain in the arse game.
the only way to really even somewhat save this game IMO, is to:
take it off line for a few weeks, fix the interface, fix the old bugs, fix the old hax, use the endless dead space on the map to add more mobs, and new content, fix the leveling system and add more levels (with newer and better gear to suit), and add more quests and NPCs to make the game a little more user friendly to what newcomers may actually come to play this outdated game (also, it wouldn't hurt to host monthly events).
even if all that was done however, this game is never going to make PMG any serious money, and they know that, and any of the players that have a clue, also know that. that being said, it is no small wonder that they (PMG) are less than motivated to put much effort into this pain in the arse game, with an even bigger pain in the arse community.
that being said, wiping the game isn't going to bring anyone back for more than a few months.
PMG is probably not going to start wasting any time, any time soon on developing this game.
As long as people are still spending a bit of $ on tokens, they might keep the server up for the last of us die hards, and nostalgia seekers , but I am not sure how long we can even count on that.
best thing at this point for the players left , is to do a few things to make the game a little funner to play solo, because that is what it seems to have boiled down to at this point.
so they might as well, bring back seeker xp (and sell unloot scrolls for tokens), re raise the drop levels, and re nerf some of the mobs (like reds for example), and maybe consider having dragons just drop, full pieces of armor, instead of scales, because most people left in a game without community, would rather just grind mobs for items than, spend months trade skilling (especially with that obnoxious macro check).

Argue with me as you will, but I think most of us realize the truth in this.

I (for one) am against a wipe, that doesn't come with a new, and improved, and evolving Dransik.

I am however for a few simple (no wipe necessary) fixes to make the game somewhat fun again, for the few of us that still enjoy developing our characters.

The last thing I would like to add, to help cement my argument, is in the days previous to the last wipe (when people considered the game to be dead), it was much more fun, and lively to play than it is in it's currant state...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 07:29 AM