Guests cannot vote 
OneEye
post Nov 18 2009, 01:39 PM
Post #1

Chief Creative Officer
Group Icon

Group: Pixel Mine
Member No.: 21

Removal of the Faction system would mean the removal of all faction related buffs, quests and experience gain boosts.

We will only take responses from players who have a character of level 20 or above on the Legends Server.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Omega Warrior
post Nov 18 2009, 02:41 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,325

What would happen with Faction gear?

+Quote Post
SoulHarvester
post Nov 18 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 464

I voted Yes to remove it. I think it would be fairest thing to do since we cant defend towns.

Tbh you should just allow ppl on L enter these dungeons no matter what faction you are and let them wear that gear.

+Quote Post
Pbpredator
post Nov 18 2009, 02:50 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,354

QUOTE(SoulHarvester @ Nov 18 2009, 02:45 PM) *
I voted Yes to remove it. I think it would be fairest thing to do since we cant defend towns.

Tbh you should just allow ppl on L enter these dungeons no matter what faction you are and let them wear that gear.

... wow people have to have something argue about... i dont see the point... yes i see playing different sides of the game... but... hell... theres really no point in playing as talezarian... and if there is a point of playin talezarian its to be a bully and you shouldnt have buffs town buffs... The town buffs are too good to get rid of so i say we keep the factions... and if you wanna keep fighting over the towns make a guild just for taking towns... or w/e but just quit bickering all the time when lotorians take it back over and over...

+Quote Post
Omega Warrior
post Nov 18 2009, 02:52 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,325

OneEye,

If possible (which im sure it is) its just if your willing to code it.

Make is so..

Is someone from Opposing faction attacks a townguard. Make the no drop zone inside the town. become temp PVP.

Anyone attacking the guard can be attacked and killed. But will not drop anything cause its no drop.

And make it so the town guardian cannot leave the no drop zone. if it does. it goes back to its spawn place.

This will make it able for people to defend there town. and make it so no one will lose items cause of it. so people will not ***** bout them losing items to pvp.

I think that will solve this issue..

+Quote Post
Morgan Fey
post Nov 18 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 342

What would happen with the faction gear already obtained? Would the faction requirement be removed? What about the dungeons? Would they still exist? If so, I assume, then, that all players of L would be neutral and could access them? Would the gear still drop only without the faction requirement?

Edit: Oops, Omega and Soul beat me to it, but I added a few questions.

PS. You're not going to get a really valid poll on the forums unless you make sure there is an announcement as you log into game to come here to vote.

+Quote Post
The All Powerful...
post Nov 18 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 590

This poll avoids the issue.

you should have listed all possible solutions:

1. remove
2. retain as is
2. retain but lock towns 12/12
3. retain but lock towns 7/17
4. retain but invent method of defending towns

its like going into cake shop and saying do you want 'a scone or nothing'

as is, i voted remove, because it removes the chaos of the status quo, but there better solutions. Removing all is a bit of a brutal unsophisticated solution.

+Quote Post
SoulHarvester
post Nov 18 2009, 03:03 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Omega Warrior @ Nov 18 2009, 10:52 PM) *
OneEye,

Make is so..

Is someone from Opposing faction attacks a townguard. Make the no drop zone inside the town. become temp PVP.

Anyone attacking the guard can be attacked and killed. But will not drop anything cause its no drop.

And make it so the town guardian cannot leave the no drop zone. if it does. it goes back to its spawn place.

This will make it able for people to defend there town. and make it so no one will lose items cause of it. so people will not ***** bout them losing items to pvp.

Heroes is PvP(Player vs Player). Legends is PvE(Player vs Enviroment). As it is there should be no PvP on PvE server :P

+Quote Post
SoulHarvester
post Nov 18 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Btw ppl still whining about it so much. They should just remove it all and it will be fair for every1. No1 gets buffs = fair gameplay. On H they get buffs for the reason they can be killed. Thats simple.

+Quote Post
Erudite
post Nov 18 2009, 03:09 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 340

I can't vote I'm not sure :( Isn't there a better way to fix this?

+Quote Post
Jupiter
post Nov 18 2009, 03:15 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 2,814

I voted to keep them, I personally feel that this is a part of the game and it has only recently been getting used instead of 'ill-used' to get easy buffs.

I feel this adds something to the RP feel of the game again. And I kind of enjoy the occasional "rally to me ! "to recapture the towns.

I also feel that whoever programmed this put work and effort into it, making it into something I can honestly say turned out to be innovative and cool. It manages to create a kind of competitiveness without managing to get into PVP heroes style. I feel that a lot of people have been reacting too violently to this 'new' thing and it's personally starting to get annoying even to me. The topic of factions is like a constant whisper whenever on legends now and it is irritating.

People have become to accustomed to the 'easy buffs' and have completely missed the point of factions in the first place. And it seems to me that a lot of people seem to share my judgement but prefer to not get involved or speak up. The quiet ones huh.

(Plus if all the hassle with town take-overs gets too much foryou... feel free to buy some crates from me in legends and then u can spend some time in the bank re-arranging it in peace (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) PM ME INGAME!)

Life is all about change and adaptation. Change does not kill a game, it makes it stronger. And adaptation is a skill every person has (in some measure) and it can lead to some amazing new & fun things.

As a last thought, I would like to say that I've always played on legends ever since it got started. This was my feel on the matter.

See you all ingame !

Yer fav woodworker!
Jupiter
-------------------

+Quote Post
hightech
post Nov 18 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 930

New people won't die if they don't join a faction................ If they want the bonus stats, they gotta work for them (defend/attack NPCS in town)
New people won't die if they dont go into dungeon..... If they want bonus gear, they gotta work for them ( attack NPCS in dungeon)

A town, is walked apon by players choice, and nothing happens! (with no quest being done)
but if a player wants bonus stats, player does quest, player walks on opposite town, player gets attacked by NPC.

The same concept goes for duengons:
If player doesn't want the gear, they can sit lsp and tradeskill.....
If a player wants gear, they go try to get it and may die.

So whats wrong with factions agian?

+Quote Post
Ferro
post Nov 18 2009, 04:08 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 814

Keep them of course.

The current system is flexible. it allows those who want factions to join a faction and it allows those who hate factions to stay out of the whole thing and remain neutral.

+Quote Post
Drachen
post Nov 18 2009, 04:29 PM
Post #14

2005 Unarmed Dueling Runner Up - Legends

Member No.: 319

OE, how long will poll be up? I understand the straight forward questions. You are all sick of hearing the ****. A decision was made to have a poll to completely remove or just leave as is. Can't blame you there! I would vote for a change, the newb towns and all the towns in the area have no TG, and if you log out in a town if your faction is dif from the town when you log back in you are moved to the closest town of your alignment. As for this poll I really want to think about what is best for game play.
Thanks,
DS

+Quote Post
Kamiel
post Nov 18 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 445

I'de like to see it announced in a few other areas that this poll has been created here. Periodic system msg(similar to the fishing/mining tourney ones) in game would help players who don't use the forum much know to come vote and reduce the whining later that the poll was only voted on "by those who read the forum".

+Quote Post
Ertzel
post Nov 18 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 299

QUOTE(Ferro @ Nov 18 2009, 05:08 PM) *
Keep them of course.

The current system is flexible. it allows those who want factions to join a faction and it allows those who hate factions to stay out of the whole thing and remain neutral.

Ferro ftw.

+Quote Post
Meilute
post Nov 18 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 648

This will make it able for people to defend there town.

If you wanna to be able defend your towns, thats what Heroes server is made for.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post Nov 18 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 326

QUOTE(Ferro @ Nov 18 2009, 04:08 PM) *
Keep them of course.

+1

+Quote Post
Golbez
post Nov 18 2009, 05:43 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,040

QUOTE(Meilute @ Nov 18 2009, 05:09 PM) *
This will make it able for people to defend there town.

If you wanna to be able defend your towns, thats what Heroes server is made for.

+1

+Quote Post
Lord of darkness
post Nov 19 2009, 03:51 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,148

QUOTE(Omega Warrior @ Nov 18 2009, 02:52 PM) *
OneEye,

Make is so..

+1

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 01:47 AM