Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Titan Hide Armor Quests, Breakdown of the Titan Hide Armor Quests
Dahaka
post May 1 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,413

I haven't done it yet and the information about it seems a little vague....

- Where does it start?
- Who do you need to talk to?
- What are the requirements?
-----> Skinning lvl 85?
-----> Crafting requirements?
-----> How many skins are needed?
* and add in any other things of interest

Thanks in advance for the information. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Still Da Mom
post May 1 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 314

There is a man in a hut out past the Rahura side in the desert. You would have to have someone take you. There is a large spawn of sand golems out there. Skinning lvl is 85, there are no other requirements. You just bring a bajillion titan hides to the man and he rewards you with the pieces. I have a list somewhere of how many hides for each part but it might take me some time to find it unless someone else can throw us a bone here.

Well worth it!

~Cheers!

+Quote Post
ricky
post May 1 2010, 12:20 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,781

QUOTE(Still Da Mom @ May 1 2010, 12:10 PM) *
There is a man in a hut out past the Rahura side in the desert. You would have to have someone take you. There is a large spawn of sand golems out there. Skinning lvl is 85, there are no other requirements. You just bring a bajillion titan hides to the man and he rewards you with the pieces. I have a list somewhere of how many hides for each part but it might take me some time to find it unless someone else can throw us a bone here.

Well worth it!

~Cheers!

50 hides gloves
100 hides belt
150 hides helm
200 hides legs
250 hides boots
300 hides plate

+Quote Post
Dahaka
post May 1 2010, 02:36 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Thanks, could you be a bit more specific on where this man is hanging out? (Rahura Island is a pretty big place....)

+Quote Post
Casusby
post May 1 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,591

(IMG:http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7424/9050009be7b863ccbo.jpg)

Hat tip to Sir Chris who made the map in the first place here

+Quote Post
Dahaka
post May 1 2010, 03:16 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

WOW!! LOL!! That is pretty specific!! Thanks All!!

+Quote Post
Havik killious
post May 2 2010, 10:37 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

From: Somewhere in this world of ours NV reno i think but might be the wrong time period for me.
Member No.: 687

as a thought don't use a MSK use regular or made 1's cheaper in the long run i know a few ppl with 100 skining destroying MSK's fast on that quest (MSK = magic skinning knife)

+Quote Post
Still Da Mom
post May 2 2010, 12:07 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 314

In my tests, reg knife gives more hides. I always used a blessed one, don't know if that was the deal breaker, because some people said no, they didn't have the same results. But yeah, try it out of 100 with MSK and 100 with blessed reg knife and let us know YOUR results!

+Quote Post
Dahaka
post May 3 2010, 08:04 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Skinning is definately a DEX based skill and it sounds like folks have had similar problems with the zebra skin quests (rarely getting zebra skin drops).

I had experienced very different results with my DEX Mage (roughly 80 DEX base + 80 DEX bonus during the quest). My "Drop Rate" for zebra skins was right around 10-15% I'd say, so I knocked it out pretty quick.

I'll let you all know what my results are with Titan Skin (once I get lvl 85 skinning).

Just curious, what kind of DEX base & bonuses do your characters have?

+Quote Post
Ertzel
post May 3 2010, 08:15 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 299

What I seemed to notice, and some other people who told me about it was... By gearing for low dex, nothing that gives + to skinning, and using a normal store Skinning Knife, I seemed to get more Titan Hides then going full dex with a magic knife. We figured this might have to do with the high skinning + Dex getting you more of the top hides which use up a titan spot but when u do low dex and low skinning you get more regulars and titans.

I don't know if that actually is what happens it just looked like it when I did my titan parts.

+Quote Post
Dahaka
post May 3 2010, 08:49 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Hmmmm That is interesting. There is one other anomaly I have noticed with skinning which is consistent with what you are talking about.

My ratio of "Superior Skins" ot "Quality Skins" is about 2-to-1 (160 DEX @ 60 Skinning). It has always seemed kind of backward to me.....considering superior skins are more valuable and should be rarer than quality skins.

It seems like DEX & Level dramatically affect the chance of getting the best resource availible, it's possible that Titan skins are classified as a lower level resource. :S

+Quote Post
Ertzel
post May 3 2010, 09:01 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 299

I kindda thought it was like this. Titan Hides are their own level kindda, they are not dependent on your skining level. But all the other hides are.

So when you take the lower Skinning/Dex you have a less chance to get the "better" skins, so you mainly only get regular skins, but since the titan hide is not effected by this you get them more also because the superior/quality skins are not taking up its spot in the drops.

Dunno if this is rlly how it is but thats what it seems like to me.

+Quote Post
Dyrankor
post Aug 27 2011, 07:06 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 761

With +15 to Skinning and a Magic Skinning Knife, I got 43 hides during a Spawn Increase. While I haven't tested the regular skinning knife, I'm fairly certain that 'magic' skins take priority over regular, quality, flawless, and superior. Gonna start skinning again soon enough, so I'll post some of my results.

+Quote Post
Lady Avalon
post Mar 26 2013, 01:03 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 6,627

ok so i am on the second quest (belt) i got the 100 hides went to the npc talked to him and got the quest update then i click and dragged my hides onto the npc and got nothing back. and lost my 100 hides. was i supposed to talk to him again? and then he woulda asked me a question whether i have the hides yes or no? does anyone know if a gm would reimburse them back to me? it took me a week to get the 100 hides (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) i know i didnt drop them on the ground because i originally had 101 and it pulled out 100 when i dropped it on npc, now i have one hide.

+Quote Post
Burzy
post Mar 26 2013, 04:18 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,666

QUOTE(Lady Avalon @ Mar 26 2013, 04:03 PM) *
ok so i am on the second quest (belt) i got the 100 hides went to the npc talked to him and got the quest update then i click and dragged my hides onto the npc and got nothing back. and lost my 100 hides. was i supposed to talk to him again? and then he woulda asked me a question whether i have the hides yes or no? does anyone know if a gm would reimburse them back to me? it took me a week to get the 100 hides :( i know i didnt drop them on the ground because i originally had 101 and it pulled out 100 when i dropped it on npc, now i have one hide.

Replacing items and resources lost due to bugs? good luck.

Years ago, I had recently gotten an expensive robe of the archmage (20 mill gold back then) for my battlemage.
I was foraging seeds, wearing the robe, and my Valekar gear (a popular combination back then)
I had a full Back Pack of seeds... I got disconnected from the server.
When I re-joined the server, the Helmet reduced my int enough points to auto-remove my Robe Of Arch Mage, to my Full Backpack.
The Full Backpack, didnt expand to allow the new item...so it vanished forever.

And Game Mods and developers refused to replace the item.
If they break conduct and do this for you, don't tell anyone. Will only get them in trouble.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 11:36 AM