Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ToF town quest guide
Coralynn
post Apr 25 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 893

Please bear with me as I finish these quests up and post them as I finish them. If I have written something wrong please let me know!

Roycroft

<Erika and Valerie> (Reward is 10k gold.)
Talk to Erika in Roycroft. She is in the Salty Dog, the tavern on the east side of town. - Talk to Valeria, also in Roycroft, who is in the far south west building of the main section of the city. - Talk to Aison in the tavern in Maraket. - Talk to Christine in the tavern in Whisperdale. - Talk to Chelsea on the patio of the Salty Dog in Roycroft. - Find Ricardo near New Royale. He's in the western open space made by the mountains north of New Royale. - Talk to Erika for reward.

<Reunite the Lovers> (Reward is Eva's Necklace)
Talk to Wesley in Roycroft. - Talk to Eva in Autumn, the small town east of Whisperdale, who is in the tavern. - Talk to Johan in whisperdale. He's on the docks to the south west. - Talk to Julia in Roycroft. She's in The Squawking Parot, the Inn on the east side of the city. Give her 10k gold during dialogue. You don't have to have with on you. - Talk to Johan again. - Talk to Eva again. - Talk to Wesley to get the necklace.

<Jenkins Boots> (Reward is Jenkins Boots)
Speak to Crocker (in roycroft guard house, go west on path above bank and down the ladder - make sure you go to the south wall of this building as you can't see the stairs right away upon entering the building) - he says kill goblin pirates (downstairs of Warehouse Foremans room with rats or north of Roycroft) - Speak to Jenkins (armor shop NW of bank) - Speak to Constable Hubert (not in a shop, but running around south of bank) - Go back and speak to Jenkins - Go back to Constable Hubert one last time and he gives you the reward of Jenkin's Boots

<Goba Longblade>
Speak to Warehouse Foreman all the way north of bank at city edge in building - kill 20 barrels down the ladder - Speak to Foreman again - kill 50 sewer rats down ladder - Speak to Foreman again - kill 100 goblin pirates (down the ladder but better spawn above and outside town) - Speak to Foreman again - kill Goba Longblade (he is north of town, near the mountains, you will have to shoot at him from across the little river) - Speak to Foreman one last time to complete quest

<Crab Bisque> (Reward is Crab Bisque)
Speak to Mayor's Maid (building directly south of bank) - get 20 crab meat (any crabs, north of Roy and yes you can have these ahead of time or trade from someone) - Drop onto Mayor's Cook - receive 10 Crab Bisque (raises dex and con)

<Tiger Pelt Cloak> (Reward is Cloak)
[This quest is done in New Royale but the quest NPC is in Roycroft] Speak to Rogir Glossman (building directly east of bank - near dtm) - he will ask you to find the tiger that matches his description so you must go kill tigers in New Royale (these are located southeast of the town New Royale quite a ways, watch out for tiger boss) - Go back to Roycroft and speak with Rogir again - back to New Royale and go to the building north of the town in the pirates spawn (you will get a quest update from this) - back to Rogir in Roycroft - kill Pirate Raiders in New Royale (same place the building is) - return to Rogir and receive your cloak!

<Gem of Deep> (Reward is Gem of Deep necklace)
[This quest requires 50 skill in sailing] Speak to Trader Mcgrew (north of the bank) - kill 100 Dark Sea Pirates - speak to Trader Mcgrew again (receive necklace)

<Pirate Informant> (Reward is 20k gold)
In the Noble Turtle Pub (west of bank in Roycroft) is Maturin, talk to him to deliver a letter to Bonden in Dunmarrow. Bonden wants to stay out of the dog house to deliver a note and some jewelry to his lady Clarissa in Valmond and you get some exp. Clarissa mentions that this would be interesting news for Scalo. Now there's an option here to inform Brisbane in Scalo's Den or not. I don't know if there's a different question after chosing no, as I chose yes. Go to Scalo's Den and talk to Brisbane. You recieve 20k gold for this and the quest ends.

If you tell her NO apparently you only get 5k gold.

Newtown

<Savannah Gear> (Reward is Savannah armor pieces)
[requirement - master of vermin] Speak with Hunter Renguard (directly east of Daysons Shop - farm shop) - kill 200 gazelle - Speak to Renguard again - kill 200 zebra - Speak to Renguard (receive boots) - kill 200 panthers - Speak to Renguard - kill 200 lion cubs - Speak to Renguard - kill 200 lioness - Speak to Renguard - kill 200 savannah lions - Speak to Renguard (all of these mobs can be found northeast of Newtown)

<Darkwing Access>
[This quest gives access to boss area] Go to the little dwarven town ruins north of Newtown, there is a dock there. Sail off this dock and a little to the north and west is a tiny tiny island with a lost pirate laying on the ground - Speak to Lost Pirate - Find Captain along the coast (back on land) on the west side, south of the dwarven area) - Speak to Esmerelda (she is located in New Royale in the provision shop)

<Patrick Darby/Zebra Skin> (Reward is Zebra skin armor pieces)
Speak to Patrick Darby (eastmost side of town - right of mage shop) - kill 50 panthers - speak to Patrick Darby again - Collect 30 zebra skin hides - Return to Patrick Darby (receive zebra hide leggings) - You need 55 skinning to continue for cape (75 skins), then 65 to continue for chest piece (150 skins).

<Blue Crab Necklace/Ring> (Reward is Necklace/ring)
Speak to Jess McTavish (McTavish's Inn east of Daysons Shop - farm shop) - obtain 30 blue crab shells (these are located directly west of town under the mountains on the shore) - drop shells onto Jess McTavish (receive necklace) - Speak to Jess McTavish again - kill 50 cyclops (you can go north through the path in mountains and a little to the east to find these) - Speak to Jess McTavish (receive ring)

<Find Informer> (Reward is Ring of Bells)
Speak to Syldure (in provisioner shop) - choose Money is no object - Find informer in Hothbra or Lotor's Castle - go to Hothbra and speak to Brother Temos outside of provision shop - He tells you to go to Varg and speak to the cook - In a room inside the inn is Cook Gammond, speak to him and say I hate to pry, but where do you get your fish? - Return to Syldure in Newtown - He says find Warrowdelt's Great Grandson whos hiding in a town nearby - He is in Roycroft by the name Copperbeard in the south section past the gate, near the docks - kill 50 guardians near Newtown mine (north-eastmost part on Newtown island) - Return to Copperbeard in Roycroft - Go back and speak to Syldure (receive Ring of Bells!)

New Royale

<Crab Quest> (Reward is Epool)
Speak to Harold Newlock (just off the dock) - kill 100 krythan crabs (just north of town) - speak to Harold again - make friends with a pirate (Gerald Newlock in the Pub) - bring blood pact back to Harold - bring a shark tooth to Harold (requires a boat that can shoot with cannons) - speak with Harold again - Receive 57k epool

<Gorilla Quest>
Speak to New Royale Wharfmaster (in the building just off the dock) - kill 50 young gorillas - Speak to Wharfmaster again - kill 50 mature gorillas - Speak to Wharfmaster again - Obtain 100 plantains (off of mature gorillas) - speak to Wharfmaster again - kill 200 Silverbacks - speak to Wharfmaster again - kill So Kang Kang (Gorilla Leader)

<Tiger Claw Necklace> (Reward is necklace)
Speak to Cindy Mcabe (in the jewelry shop) - bring her 30 king krythan crab meat - bring to Cindy Mcabe and receive 10 hp regen food - Speak to her again - kill tigers until you find 10 claws (just quest update, not actual item) - Talk to Cindy Mcabe again and receive Tiger Claw Necklace

<Ring of Eight> (Reward is ring)
Speak to Erickson (further back in the jewelry shop) - kill 100 squids (requires a boat that can shoot with cannons) - speak to Erickson again - kill 100 North Star Pirates (I only know of the spawn north of LSP for these) - speak to Erickson again (receive ring!)

<Zombie Quest>
Speak to Russel Bobbin (he's in the armor and weapons shop) - kill 50 zombie pirates (these are found southeast of town) - Return to Russell Bobbin

<Exports Quest> (Reward is epool)
Speak to Captain Abel (he's in the pub) - deliver false shipping order to Xavier in Roycroft (he is in a building in the very south end of Roycroft) - Return to Abel - Talk to Little Jimmy in middle of New Royale - Talk to Scarlet in Roycroft NW of town - Talk to LIttle Jimmy - Talk to Big Dan in Newtown (east of bank) - Kill 50 Panthers near the Hulda mine - Talk to Big Dan - Talk to Captain Garland (near dock in Josody) - Kill 50 Orcas - Speak to Garland again - Speak to Captain Lockheart in Valmond (in a room on the right side of Provisioner Shop NW of east bank) - Poison 6 wells in Newtown (walk around Newtown in town only, they look just like normal wells and just click on them) - Go back to Captain Lockheart again - Speak to Captain Wilheim in Teylan (in little hut east of Teylan just follow road east) - Slay Athropiniax (in Temple south SE of New Royale) - Return to Captain Wilheim - Back to Captain Abel - Take offering to altar in Roycroft (statue on the eastern dock) - Say Yes to the message!!!! - Return to Captain Abel for reward

<Son of Scalo> (Reward is epool ?)
Speak to Lonely Pirate (he is in a room in the Sea Dog Inn) - find lost piece of Lonely Pirate's treasure map (this drops off of pirate raiders to the very north of New Royale) - Speak to Lonely Pirate again - kill regular Scalo (the one at the pirate fort south of Varg) - Go back and speak to Lonely Pirate - kill Son of Scalo - - Return to Lonely Pirate and received 92,400 epool Not sure if this is the end, when I submitted the quest part to kill Son of Scalo he speaks about not knowing where the X marks on the map but he does not give any other quests
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Coralynn
post May 1 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

I do think it's coming along nicely (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) If anyone knows the results for any of the quests that you have to kill from a boat, Son of Scalo, or the 50 guardians at the mine in Newtown, please post so that I can complete the guides. I haven't been able to group for these yet, or get a boat that can hold cannons (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
TenEye
post May 3 2009, 09:35 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,162

Ooooh nice one. good job (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Succubus
post May 14 2009, 09:39 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 304

<Gorilla Quest>
Speak to New Royale Wharfmaster (in the building just off the dock) - kill 50 young gorillas - Speak to Wharfmaster again - kill 50 mature gorillas - Speak to Wharfmaster again - Obtain 100 plantains (off of mature gorillas) - speak to Wharfmaster again - kill 200 Silverbacks - speak to Wharfmaster again - kill So Kang Kang (Gorilla Leader).

PS: The plantains part might take a while, took me ~ 500 (!) Mature Gorillas to gather them.

+Quote Post
Coralynn
post May 16 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Ty Succubus (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Mystic
post May 17 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 307

in Roycraft there is a quest that requires 50 sailing to start. It's that NPC north of the bank that is looking for an experienced sailor.

QUEST: Kill 100 Dark Sea Pirates (I think that was the name)
REWARD: Gem of the Deep (+6 DEX/INT/STR, +10 Sailing, Amulet)

And in New Royale after finishing the Giant Squids quest you have to slay 100 North Star Pirates.

REWARD: Ring of the Eight (+10 Sailing ring, can't remember the stats / resistances)

Son of Scalo quest is quite useless. You just basically make friends with a pirate (required for another quest that starts in New Royale => find a Shark Tooth, only low exp reward.. no item rewards.. sigh!).

+Quote Post
Coralynn
post May 20 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Mystic can you please tell me what NPC you get the sea pirate quest from? I do not have 50 sailing so cannot test this on my own, thank you!

+Quote Post
Mystic
post May 20 2009, 03:06 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

His name is "Trader Mcgrew"

+Quote Post
Cally
post May 21 2009, 05:32 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 914

<Gorilla Quest>
Speak to New Royale Wharfmaster (in the building just off the dock) - kill 50 young gorillas - Speak to Wharfmaster again - kill 50 mature gorillas - Speak to Wharfmaster again - Obtain 100 plantains (off of mature gorillas) - speak to Wharfmaster again - kill 200 Silverbacks - speak to Wharfmaster again - kill So Kang Kang (Gorilla Leader)

He didn't give me a quest to kill mature gorillas just to get the 100 plantains.

+Quote Post
Coralynn
post May 23 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

It did for me for 2 characters :/

+Quote Post
Miller
post May 28 2009, 12:29 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 366

could get get what the reward is for each quest?

+Quote Post
Coralynn
post Jun 1 2009, 12:19 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Most of them says what it gives. If it doesn't then I haven't finished on my other character and have forgotten from my first. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

If you're looking for specific stats of items, then you'll have to head to AEA or something for this. This is just a guide for the quests themselves.

+Quote Post
Mystic
post Jun 1 2009, 01:05 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

So Kang Kang quest reward is an amulet. I just can't remember the stats. Heh.

+Quote Post
Crazy Chaotic
post Jun 24 2009, 10:09 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 504

in new royale Plank gives a quest to kill GWS, i think u need 50 sailing for it. no idea on the reward, ill have to kill gws first (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
GrayFox
post Jul 9 2009, 07:10 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 781

Im pretty sure you dont need 100 skinning for the zebra hide quest. I think its probably 85 like titan hides, but im not sure, i just know i can skin zebra hides and im not 100 skinning im only like 97 or 98 ish

+Quote Post
Erudite
post Jul 10 2009, 02:04 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 340

i can skin at 93 for the Zebra quest.

+Quote Post
Firelz
post Jul 17 2009, 03:56 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,223

<Exports Quest>
Speak to Captain Abel (he's in the pub) - deliver false shipping order to Xavier in Roycroft (he is in a building in the very south end of Roycroft) - Talk to Captain Garland (near dock in Josody) - Kill 50 Orcas - Speak to Garland again - Speak to Captain Lockheart in Valmond (in a room on the right side of Provisioner Shop NW of east bank) - Poison 6 wells in Newtown (walk around Newtown in town only, they look just like normal wells and just click on them) - Go back to Captain Lockheart again - Speak to Captain Wilheim in Teylan (in little hut east of Teylan just follow road east) - Slay Athropiniax (in Temple south SE of New Royale) - i haven't finished this yet

anyone finished this?

+Quote Post
Firelz
post Jul 17 2009, 04:09 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,223

QUOTE(Mystic @ Jun 1 2009, 01:05 AM) *
So Kang Kang quest reward is an amulet. I just can't remember the stats. Heh.

I did that quest when ToF came and didnt get any amulets lol

+Quote Post
Idolized
post Sep 29 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 4,311

I just wanted to throw out a thank you for taking the time to do this! I benafited from this alot and it helped me significantly so
I appreicate you taking the time to write all that out ! Gotta take advantage of all these ToF quests when you have it at such low level (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

your a time savour!

---
Idolized

+Quote Post
Leah
post Oct 30 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 309

Had too many looking for this information!! This should be stickied please!!
Love Leah (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2019 - 11:01 PM