Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Caiman armor, Baniti, Echidna, Fatal
Grimbor
post Jan 19 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,023

i'm looking for where i start the quest to get these armors.

im lvl 101 lotorian.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Burzy
post Jan 19 2011, 11:09 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,666

You'll have to do the Baniti Quest first before Echidna or Fatal will talk to you. You'll need to be neutral for these unless you feel like idling for an hour (to go neutral) every time you need to go to the other town to talk to the NPC (as rah and kaf are both factioned Cities...)

****The Following from IOTR site****

1) Do Baniti's Quests to get the Caimen NPCs to talk to you.

1.Baniti - find Baniti's Son
2. He wants you to go back and kill the caimans that killed his son and find the necklace.
3. He sulks and tells you that he has a family crypt and he designed a sacrophagus for his son and he wants you to place the necklace in it.
He will thank you for doing this for him and receive TEARS OF BANITI (+8 INT, +6 CON necklace) and a 75,000 experience pool points.
4. His next task he gives you is to kill Chomper.

2) Rahura - Fatal - collect 100 Perfect Caiman Hides She will give you 750k epool and a pair of CAIMAN HIDE BOOTS .

3) Khafra - Echidna - collect 80 Perfect Caiman Hides - If you have killed Chomper for Baniti, you can do this quest - 400k epool and CAIMAN HIDE LEGGINGS ***NOTE: there's a "copy" of the Echidna NPC in an outpost on the eastern coast of the rahura side portal (east of the twin rocks in middle of desert)

4)Khafra - Tola Egret - Find him inside the Inn, he wants 250 caimen hides cant do til youve finished the other 2 caimen quests
Reward: 1 mil xp 1mil epool and CAIMAN HIDE TUNIC

5) Rahura - Hafla - collect 60 Caiman Hides Speak to him again toget BOOTS OF HAFLAH (Obviously not a part of the Caimen Hide set... but since the hides to get them come from Caimens... well, connect the dots :D .

**** I strongly suggest you read this as well before cashing in the hides to the NPCs.. in case the issues discussed here still apply:

(quoted from "Unknown" from another topic, a player cashed in the hides for the tunic but didnt get reward.. tht might explain the first paragraph, if it seems odd to you):

"Did you drop the hides on the npc? Because I just completed this quest a few days ago and it worked fine. He talks to you and asks if you got them(the hides), you then select yes and they poof from bp, you do not drop them on him. You must have them in your actual bp, not a container to get the npc's to speak. If you tried dropping them and hit enter for example then you may have destroyed them. Just a thought on what might have gone wrong.

The first part is Fatal in rahura for the boots, then back to khafra for the legs. The npc is the man in the northern building who has a lady beside him. I forget his name, but he won't speak to you about the quest for the legs until you have gotten the perfect boots one completed. Once legs one is completed finally he will start you on the one for the tunic.

Hafla boots are a different and unrelated quest(again if you have the hides in a container for this one the npc won't speak to you). To my knowledge you can begin gathering perfect hides before starting the perfect hide caiman boot quest in Rahura, but you must complete it before moving forward to the legs, then tunic parts."

+Quote Post
Grimbor
post Jan 19 2011, 02:12 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

thank you very much it was very useful

+Quote Post
Burzy
post Jan 19 2011, 02:47 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

awesome man, good luck!

+Quote Post
Grimbor
post Jan 21 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

i've heard you dont have to kill chomper in order to talk to the next person for the caiman armor quests is that true?

+Quote Post
Burzy
post Jan 22 2011, 12:17 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

I know i had to.

+Quote Post
Spar
post Jan 22 2011, 08:28 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,208

yea u got to kil him

+Quote Post
Grimbor
post Jan 22 2011, 09:32 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

ok well after 5 days of trying to get him to spawn i got him 3 times in a day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Burzy
post Jan 22 2011, 11:37 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Yeah, if you keep killing caimens of all kinds near his lakes, and skin the corpses, you'll spawn him very often.

+Quote Post
Dyrankor
post Jul 20 2011, 02:52 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 761

As an update / correction here --

You need to start and complete the Baniti quests, but do not need to complete the Chomper quest (the last of the Baniti quests) in order to start the Caiman Hide Boots quest.

At level 53, I still cannot get Baniti to give me the Chomper quest, but Fatal in Rahura gave me the quest for the boots.

That being said, I hear from Norco that you do need to have finished Baniti's quests (including Chomper) to start the Leggings quest.

+Quote Post
BeaverKleaver
post Jul 22 2011, 08:39 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,849

Also, keep in mind that Baniti wants a lvl 80 person to do his dirty work. I was leet at lvl 40 fer god sakes.. I support Guilwin's suggestion that the lvl req be removed/lowerwed (in "update status" thread *see Game Discussion to locate)

+Quote Post
Guilwin
post Jul 23 2011, 06:02 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,018

Hi,

yeah, its anoying to kill caimans for no xp with a lev 80 only to spawn a boss who is soloable from a lev 70 and below.

Guilwin

+Quote Post
Dyrankor
post Aug 18 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 761

QUOTE(Guilwin @ Jul 23 2011, 05:02 AM) *
Hi,

yeah, its anoying to kill caimans for no xp with a lev 80 only to spawn a boss who is soloable from a lev 70 and below.

Guilwin

Well, if you continue hunting the caimans until you have all of the perfect hides, then by level 80, when you can actually equip the stuff, you'll have it. Not only that, but just because you don't get bonus experience doesn't mean that you shouldn't hunt the stuff. Sure, you'll get base levels a lot faster with bonus EXP, but you'll be a lot more skilled for your level if you train your skills and use E-Pool instead.

Think about how much of your total experience is "fluff" .. namely, bonus experience, as opposed to skill experience. I know someone who levelled in the "old" pre-bonus-EXP way up to about level 90, and by 83 even I think he had maxed Dodge, Double Attack, Critical Hit, Bows, Polearms, and Thrown, not to mention any incomplete skills. It's surprising how quickly he can take down a 110. Try doing that with bonus experience!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2020 - 05:44 AM