Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> DRANSIK'S UNITED STATES PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE OF 2016!, Who will get your vote and why?
AE Caucus 2016
Which presidential candidate will you vote for?
Rand Paul [ 1 ] ** [4.35%]
Hillary Clinton [ 3 ] ** [13.04%]
Donald Trump [ 10 ] ** [43.48%]
Bernie Sanders [ 8 ] ** [34.78%]
Ted Cruz [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Ben Carson [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Marco Rubio [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Jeb Bush [ 1 ] ** [4.35%]
Carly Fiorina [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Chris Christie [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Martin O'malley [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
John Kasich [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Mike Huckabee [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Rick Santorum [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
George Pataki [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Jim Gilmore [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Lindsey Graham [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 23
Guests cannot vote 
Iorthunger
post Dec 19 2015, 10:26 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,024

QUOTE(Andrew Jackson Jihad @ Jun 21 2012, 02:07 PM) *
every 4 years with this dumb bs thunger lmao (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Well, it'll be that time in just a few months! And Obama will be gone at the start of 2017! Time for DtA Thunger to get started (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Here is a list of the candidates:
DEM Former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (New York)
DEM Former Governor Martin O'Malley (Maryland)
DEM US Senator Bernie Sanders (Vermont)

REP Former Governor Jeb Bush (Florida)
REP US Senator Marco Rubio (Florida)
REP Dr. Ben Carson (Florida)
REP US Senator Dr. Rand Paul (Kentucky)
REP Businessman Donald Trump (New York)
REP Governor John Kasich (Ohio)
REP Governor Chris Christie (New Jersey)
REP US Senator Ted Cruz (Texas)
REP Businesswoman Carly Fiorina (Virginia)
REP Former Governor Jim Gilmore (Virginia)
REP US Senator Lindsey Graham (South Carolina)
REP Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee (Florida)
REP Former Governor George Pataki (New York)
REP Former US Senator Rick Santorum (Pennsylvania

The purpose of this post is to discuss candidate choices and reason for choosing said candidate. This topic can and probably will get heated.. But many folks enjoy these type of debates!
So.. let it begin!

As always.. I'll include my choice in my second post here. Even though my name is bold, sadly, I will not be running this year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iorthunger
post Dec 19 2015, 11:02 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

My first choice is between two individuals. There are things I like and dislike in both of my potential choices. I'll first start off by saying one or two words about the 7 candidates that will not receive my vote. Following I will say one word about four candidates that I feel are our best options. Neither do I see 100% eye-to-eye with, hence the hesitation of my vote thus far.

Hillary Clinton: Criminal
Bernie Sanders: Unrealistic
Jeb Bush: Globalist
Chris Christie: Unconstitutional Recklessness
Carly Fiorina: Outsourced
Lindsey Graham: John McCain Replica
Marco Rubio: Flip-flopper

Rand Paul: Constitutionalist
Ted Cruz: Constitutional Conservative
Donald Trump: Fearless
Ben Carson: Honesty

Obviously this doesn't say much. But perhaps a halfway decent ice-breaker.

+Quote Post
sick
post Dec 19 2015, 11:08 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,116

QUOTE(Iorthunger @ Dec 19 2015, 12:02 PM) *
My first choice is between two individuals. There are things I like and dislike in both of my potential choices. I'll first start off by saying one or two words about the 7 candidates that will not receive my vote. Following I will say one word about four candidates that I feel are our best options. Neither do I see 100% eye-to-eye with, hence the hesitation of my vote thus far.

Hillary Clinton: Criminal
Bernie Sanders: Unrealistic
Jeb Bush: Globalist
Chris Christie: Unconstitutional Recklessness
Carly Fiorina: Outsourced
Lindsey Graham: John McCain Replica
Marco Rubio: Flip-flopper

Rand Paul: Constitutionalist
Ted Cruz: Constitutional Conservative
Donald Trump: Fearless
Ben Carson: Honesty

Obviously this doesn't say much. But perhaps a halfway decent ice-breaker.

I vote for the new world order.

+Quote Post
YoYo
post Dec 19 2015, 12:13 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,443

I accidently voted for Sanders instead of Trump (doh), Sanders is basically the opposite of what I'm looking for in a president but at least he has principles unlike Hillary.

I'd be happy to vote for Trump, Carson or Cruz, Rand Paul is an isolationist and while their is an argument to made for that position, I don't agree with it.

+Quote Post
Iorthunger
post Dec 19 2015, 02:35 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE(YoYo @ Dec 19 2015, 12:13 PM) *
I accidently voted for Sanders instead of Trump (doh), Sanders is basically the opposite of what I'm looking for in a president but at least he has principles unlike Hillary.

I'd be happy to vote for Trump, Carson or Cruz, Rand Paul is an isolationist and while their is an argument to made for that position, I don't agree with it.

Haha! Well, Bernie's ideas aren't terrible; they're just extremely unrealistic. Such socialized system(s) only seem to work well in small countries, (under 50 million in population), with extremely low corruption rates. I'd LOVE for a Northern European or even (daring to say) Canadian modeled system be implemented in the US - having healthcare and education to be funded by taxes. HOWEVER, us with 300m+ in population and with such a high corruption rate - it could not work. Our government cannot even be trusted to handle social security as it's nearly bankrupt from funding so much Offensive military spending.

I agree with a lot of what Trump SAYS, but, other than his financial success, I have some concerns. I question his knowledge and will to defend the United States Constitution... Simply because the Constitution is rarely spoken of by him on his own.

I'd like to hear you go into a little bit more detail on your comments on Rand Paul. I can see your point, but I'm curious to hear what brought you to that conclusion.

+Quote Post
Iorthunger
post Dec 20 2015, 07:53 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Since Rand Paul announced his run, I've contributed to his campaign up until very recently. Normally, I'm able to see past what's said during the post/pre debate interviews and even what's said during the debates and base my decision entirely on the candidates history. Rand Paul is without a doubt the biggest protector of the United States Constitution, history shows this. He also speaks out against the two party system, but on the stage i've noticed quite a bit of double speak. I understand he has to play the political game. Sadly, the consequences of not are evident in his father's campaign(s). A few months ago he'd be my guy and there would be close to 0% chance of that changing and I'd write him in if he wasn't on the ballot. But.. to be perfectly honest.. He seems to be turning into a big pusscake. With the exception of the Dec 15th debate, I don't like his previous performance in the debates or his recent interviews. I'm without doubt that he would uphold his oath to the Constitution better than any current candidate or president in recent history and make every effort to get us back on the gold standard.. But.. Here I am not so certain of choosing him..

+Quote Post
sick
post Dec 20 2015, 05:28 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

It's funny when people actually think their vote matters in the US elections.

+Quote Post
Iorthunger
post Dec 21 2015, 11:30 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Bye-bye Lindsey ''little McCain'' Graham! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

http://www.caintv.com/lindsey-graham-calls-it-quits

+Quote Post
Warrior X
post Dec 24 2015, 01:23 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,683

Not going to vote, but I already know the outcome, Donald Trump is our new president.

+Quote Post
OneEye
post Dec 24 2015, 01:31 PM
Post #10

Chief Creative Officer
Group Icon

Group: Pixel Mine
Member No.: 21

Labeling Carson as "honest" is a LOL. Pretty much everything he has said has been a falsehood or outright lie.

This group of candidates (outside of Sanders) is are pretty much the bottom of the barrel mouth breathers. I'm ashamed to be an American when I have to talk to my foriegn friends about them...

+Quote Post
Iorthunger
post Dec 24 2015, 02:33 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Eh.. I don't know about that, OE. Sanders seems to be relatively honest, but, his ideas are not realistic at this point in time of our country's history. While agreeing with a majority the system(s) you've experienced in Canada - Can you honestly say that it could work as efficiently in the United States right now?
I'd urge you to look into the history of the Paul family before making that ''bottom of the barrel'' comment. And can you elaborate on Carson's lies?

+Quote Post
OneEye
post Dec 24 2015, 03:27 PM
Post #12

Chief Creative Officer
Group Icon

Carson has scored the lowest in truth on polifact:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/ben-carson/

He hasn't said 1 thing that has rated "truth".

He is a classic Karl Rove politician, say lies and falsehoods and if enough people believe it then @win@. Throw in a few Jesus references and baby killings and you have the playbook.

Paul is probably the least nuts of all the R candidates, but I can't support a climate change denier or someone who thinks being gay is a "choice".

+Quote Post
Iorthunger
post Dec 24 2015, 04:05 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE(OneEye @ Dec 24 2015, 03:27 PM) *
Carson has scored the lowest in truth on polifact:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/ben-carson/

He hasn't said 1 thing that has rated "truth".

He is a classic Karl Rove politician, say lies and falsehoods and if enough people believe it then @win@. Throw in a few Jesus references and baby killings and you have the playbook.

Paul is probably the least nuts of all the R candidates, but I can't support a climate change denier or someone who thinks being gay is a "choice".

I have no idea where Polifact gathers their information from, so I cannot make an honest comment on that.

As far as climate change in concerned, I think Paul speaks against a carbon tax which is proposed by those who claim that Man is causing global warming. History shows the Earth heats and cools periodically.. The theory that Man is influencing temperature-numbers is appalling to me. However, there is no denying that Man cause significant amounts of pollution. Does pollution effect the Earth's temperature, which is responsible for the melting of the Icecaps which will one day put Florida and Italy under water? I don't think so. Do we need to research alternatives to pollution causing energy sources? Absolutely.

My reasoning for supporting Paul is simple. He understands the importance of a Gold Standard. (There is reasonable suspicion that Fort Knox is empty.) He understands that at our current method of printing fiat dollars is a prime example of the consequence of instant gratification over preparation for the future. If the East is successful in developing a Gold Standard, the United States will lose it's place of owning the world's reserve currency. As further consequence, the price of imports will skyrocket beyond belief.
Paul has the most lengthy and significant history of protecting our Constitution and founding documents. His goal is to limit government involvement in our daily life, as our Founding Father's intentions were at the time of developing the United States Constitution.

I cannot comment further on social issues, as I feel they are insignificant in comparison to the bigger issues of our nation.

+Quote Post
OneEye
post Dec 24 2015, 11:48 PM
Post #14

Chief Creative Officer
Group Icon

Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree: Climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities.

I know it's hard to take the word of scientists. After all, they are paid off by the big liberal agenda which is trying to use the so called climate change to take away our freedoms. Every time I see a scientist driving off in there fancy sports car to their mansions in the Hamptons it makes me so mad.

The only ones we can trust are the big oil companies and the mega-corps who are fighting so hard and spending so much of their highly taxed profits to debunk this junk science.

Even know the liberals have gotten to some of our greatest allies like Exxon and forced them to go against some of the greatest families in the climate fight like the Rockerfellers and Koches.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/201...-denier-funding

It's sad when these so called scientists can work against such great people who made this country great by fighting against the poor people who are always looking for handouts.

http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

+Quote Post
alfoid
post Dec 25 2015, 02:38 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,474

Bernie Sanders is the only candidate who isn't bought out or batshit crazy so he has my support. But since he's not bought out or nuts he has no chance. American politics is pretty pathetic. I mean, look at Sarah Palin - she should have been mocked and ridiculed so bad she had to change her name and live on an island somewhere. She's that dumb. Yet she started a movement! Now we have Ben Carson and all the current GOP tards. I tried to watch one of their debates and gave up after ten minutes because nobody ever talks about anything: it's just terrorism! freedom! lower taxes! middle class! illegals! They're all like dolls with pull strings. Yet they never actually do anything about any of those issues or have real plans. They always lower taxes for rich people and then raise them for the poor and middle class anyway. If they did something about illegals all their corporate buddies who depend on them for cheap labor would stop lobbying for them. I guess they were responsible for the patriot act but look how good that turned out. We lose freedom, terrorists still being terrorists, the TSA is useless, trillions spent on useless wars in the middle east that just created more problems. They destroy unions so workers get ****ed more. They destroy the safety net so that you're forced to work those crappy jobs and then still can't pay rent! Then when you demand a living wage people get mad about it! Wal-Mart actually encourages their employees to sign up for government assistance when they're worth hundreds of billions? So not only do they destroy local communities by putting mom and pops out of business but *you* have to subsidize their employees through welfare and the SNAP program! Then conservatives are always acting like businesses are getting a raw deal. Why is that? Do you think you'll be a billionaire one day and are filled with a bunch of empathy for people most likely born into wealth? Cuz you won't be one of them --- and they don't give a **** about you. They don't pay their fair share or contribute enough to the society the exploit. Bottom line.

GOP is basically just rich people convincing middle class people to hate poor people when it's the rich people stealing all the money out of their pockets. We let Wall Street get away with the crash (trillions in tax money once again, but the real issue is someone on welfare defrauding $500). Nobody is doing **** about the rising cost of college. The job market is stupid, and unless you pick the major of the moment, have fun working at Starbucks with 50k in debt. Houses cost too much, rent is too high, the average wage has stagnated since the 70s while worker productivity has risen by some ridiculous figure like 50%. Think about that for a second. You're doing more for them and they give you less and less. No pensions, ****** health care, outsourcing, bringing in workers on VISA so they don't have to pay Americans a fair wage.

All this stuff I just listed are the real issues affecting ever day Americans and people worship corporations and blame all of societies ills on someone buying a steak with their food stamp money. Or Obama. It's always Obama too. I lived through 2 terms of George W as an adult and as far as I'm concerned Obama could drape himself in a Kenyan flag, roll a blunt with the original copy of the bill of rights and take a giant **** in the middle of Pennsylvania ave and still be a better president.

+Quote Post
Warrior X
post Dec 25 2015, 06:43 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Does it matter at this point in time anyway? Donald Trump is only 1 I could see really saving the US, because of his stance against illegal immigrants, maybe that sounds harsh, bad, racist or whatever, but its the cold hard facts our world is changing and if we don't do something to hold onto our country and get back to what matters and made USA the greatest country on earth, we're doomed all of us. I mean look at everything going on right now, there maybe a ton of conspiracies out there, but 1 interesting fact that isn't a conspiracy is that Muslims are taking over and our only chance is getting a president like Trump who will stand strong against it, I'm not going to sit here and say all Muslims are terrible people, cause they aren't all they just believe different, and some of those things they believe maybe ok, just don't try to push it upon everyone, then there is the group of muslims though that believe the Quran in short wants violence. Another cold hard fact is rather you don't believe in any religion what so ever, you're looking for a religion to believe it, or you think w/e religion you're in is the best ever, there comes times in everyone's lives where they will become desperate to believe in anything and as long as we got Muslims that want to hurt and kill people rather its just a hand full of them or millions of them, most people when desperate will take the easy path and follow those who want to do harm, because they believe its much easier than taking the path of being righteous. It is way to hard to even separate the good Muslims from the bad, cause good 1's even will turn on you in a second, and sure as hell don't disrespect the Quran around them, we may have people in the world who disrespect our bible all the time and many don't like it, but they don't go turn around and start slaughtering everyone around them over it as Muslims have shown they will do.

Also if you don't believe Immigration or Muslims are a problem you're wrong and haven't done research at all. According to research I've found all of Europe, Middle East, Russia, ect. all places across the ocean from the USA, to put it easiest for everyone to understand basically on an Average from all of Europe they have 1.5 babies a year, while Muslims have a massive 8, which it's easy to guess how cause I know in Iraq n Afghan they force their daughters at 13 years old to get married and have kids, that makes it pretty clear to see how alot of them can became ****ed up in the head, and believe killing is the solution, and become experts on deception. What these numbers mean according to research all of Europe could be Muslim within 30 years if not sooner since that is based off birth rate alone, not those who convert over, not the innocent people that are slaughtered, what this means is birth wise 1 in 3 children in all of Europe will be Muslim within 10 years.

Closer to Home Canada has a growth rate of around 272k a year, in which 200k of those are immigrants. Numbers I found back from 2001 - 2006 Canada's population grew by 1.6million and 1.2million of them were immigrants.

Now to the USA our fertility rate is close to the same as Europe, our average is around 1.6, and goes up to 2.1 with Latio Immigration, we've went from 100k Muslims in 1970 to well over 10million today, the same can be said about europe again 30 years ago research says was as low as 82k Muslims and today over 52million, which in 20 more years or less could double, you want that here? You want to preserve your american way of life, and not be forced into Sharia Law?

Well in little as 5 years Islam could be the dominate Religion.

Now people can say ok we've had Muslims, and Islam Religion as a 3rd largest faith for a while now, maybe even as of last year maybe so what no big deal they haven't done anything bad in these past 40 years to us.

Well that was then and this is now, and today its became a major issue, I mean don't take my word for it just look at ISIS knocking on everyone's door step and gathering more and more followers, even if some people believe ISIS to be a big conspiracy it doesn't matter at this point, because people are following blindly into it, and throwing our world as we know it into chaos quicker than ever before, with the increase of communication with Internet, Phones, ect. I honestly believe within the next 20-30 years if not faster if something doesn't change, we are going to suffer a mass slaughter across the entire planet like never seen before, and an army will be no match by that point, just look at the war in iraq and afghan, to many thousands to even count dead from all over the glob and innocent civilians in those countries, all because its nearly impossible to know who the enemy is, a best friend 1 day is killing you and your friends the next, little children killing and blowing them selves up for what they believe is right. Just imagine when these things start happening closer to home. Everyone on earth can hate the USA and say we're nothing but hired guns during the Iraq and Afghani war cause most don't know jack **** about what its really like, that's the thing with our country the US we can take as much hate as you can dish out because at the end we're the 1's who are standing tall to protect the world, and we do so by trying to protect everyone else's countries more than our own rather you believe so or not, and we need a new leader a new president who will stand up strong no matter the cost and not back down.

For example maybe some dude has killed someone you love most, or more than 1 person you loved most, and their family is protecting that killer, or they aren't helping catch the killer, who knows they could be raising some ****ed up children of their own and have future murders on the loose, but you're this kind hearted person, or believe a certain way of doing things, or have faith in your religion that things will be work out, you decide to just let the cops handle it and probably arrest the person throw him in jail where we all pay taxes for him to live there for years living it up. Well maybe someone else decides to take matters into their own hands and just straight up kills that killer and his entire family. Maybe that sounds ****ed up, way to harsh, maybe you don't think that's right what so ever, maybe that person becames 1 of the most hated people on the planet just for doing what he seen as justice. Well guess what at the end of the day no one's having to pay taxes on this killer, and may have just saved tons of other family's from getting killed, or future familys from getting killed by his off springs that are just as ****ed in the head as him. Well that my friends is pretty much the stand our country has to take in order to keep us and the rest of the world save from the evil of this world coming to your door step. Doing the right thing is sometimes the hard thing and may not always be viewed as the right thing to do, but if you want to live to see tomorrow you damn well better stand up and protect yourself and your loved one's atleast. Again I'm not saying take my word for it or follow blindly to your research, investigate ect. now I'm not saying going out and murder some killers family just cause you "think" they could be evil to, do the work to find out.

Now like I said I'm not saying all Muslims are bad and go out and kill them, I'm saying in today's world alot of them are becoming problems, and mainly the illegals, Muslims here from the 1970s that are old and **** I doubt they are going to come murder you in your sleep or just decide to start killing, but I still believe Trump is the 1 to take charge and stand strong to protect us from mass amounts of immigrants coming in.

+Quote Post
Warrior X
post Dec 25 2015, 07:08 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Now I don't know how trump would effect our economy, less illegals well maybe more jobs. Though he could cost us a fortune on improvements unless he was willing to spend his own money, frankly is hard to trust a rich person to fix our economy kinda hard to trust anyone running for office really as 1's who aren't rich like trump just want in office for that check for rest of their lives, for them to feel as though they have power over everyone. Troll or bash me for this 1 all you want but our economy and hell damn near peace with the world I'd say even, was at its best when Clinton was in office, I kinda expect his wife would be the same, and it should have been her in office these past 2 terms instead of Obama, but at this point I see no chance for her, and I don't even know if she would be a good fit anymore, back then yes, now no. Far as Bush n Obama go I don't even want to get started on it, probably go on for a while with all kinds of **** from actual facts about like everything to conspiracy's that can't be proven.

+Quote Post
Iorthunger
post Dec 25 2015, 09:29 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

The single biggest threat to America is the internal attack on our founding documents. Sacrifice of liberty for security is a horrendous path to follow. The Constitution has given us a very clear and fair procedure to follow when attempting to convict a potential criminal, homeland born terrorist, or what have you. Follow the Constitution, use the 4th amendment and get a warrant if the suspicion is only probable cause, then follow due process! Immigrants without US citizenship are exempt from this potentially lengthy procedure. It's important to keep that in mind, regardless of what dipshit House Speaker Paul Ryan said a few weeks ago..

The expansion of ISIS obviously requires attention. Trump has common sense ideas on the matter - Halt non-citizen transportation between US and ISIS threatened nations.
His words on this subject are much more direct, but, do not differ significantly from Paul's and Cruz's.

Trumps ideas on immigration are also common sense - Immigration has to be legal and those who come illegally must be removed. The only significant different idea on the subject thus far is the wall proposal between the Mexican and United States border. I agree with it.

I'll also add that I like his stance on introducing a significant tariff on imports. This is something i've yet to hear by other Republicans.
But, I've yet to hear Trump speak out against the attack on our founding documents and i've yet to hear Trump speak out against our fiat currency. Not to mention, he does not have any history supporting, opposing, or even speaking on those subject matters. But I have heard him speak for additional military spending which will put us further in debt (if that is the first priority). These topics are far more important to me. This is why I'm still technically supporting Rand Paul. We'll see what changes in the next few months, though.

Speaking on the military - I've personally never seen combat, but, I will say that Miller shares the same thinking as those who have. I won't comment if it's for better or worse.
I will say however, we have a defense budget of 10%. This needs to stay exactly where it is and I'd never propose a change to this budget. HOWEVER, we spend far too much on military.. offensive military spending has no budget. Last i've checked, we have 900+ military bases in 120+ countries. This is ridiculous. As Miller said, we are the policemen of the world. But what I will say is, WE SHOULD'NT BE! We do not have the currency, time, or obligation to be so. Our involvement in the Middle East has made the region much more unstable. In fact, alot of our supplies inadvertently end up in the hands of ISIS. Not only is our involvement negative, it's the main reason for our insane national debt! We have to come up with a plan to get out and reduce global military involvement. Obviously, it's beyond the possibility to pull out over night. We are far too deep and need to come up with a gradual plan over x amount of years. On the same hand, perhaps at this point, we have no choice but to stay(in the Middle East only) to eliminate ISIS. We have to clean up OUR mess. Forget about trying to establish a democracy and throw away the limitation on how and how not to kill the enemy.

We need to attempt to reason with Russia. This nuclear umbrella ''protecting Europe'' while pointing weapons at Russia is bullshit and dollar consuming. I'd even say this nuclear umbrella is why Putin did what he did in Ukraine. Ukraine was probably on the start of attempting to reunite the former USSR to obtain strategic geographic areas to potentially combat NATO if need be. Our actions there are threatening and while I don't agree with Putin's 19th century strategies.. I understand them. Oh, and, for financial purposes - remember that NATO is bare minimum 70% US arms and currency...

+Quote Post
sick
post Dec 25 2015, 08:48 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(alfoid @ Dec 25 2015, 03:38 AM) *
Bernie Sanders is the only candidate who isn't bought out or batshit crazy so he has my support. But since he's not bought out or nuts he has no chance. American politics is pretty pathetic. I mean, look at Sarah Palin - she should have been mocked and ridiculed so bad she had to change her name and live on an island somewhere. She's that dumb. Yet she started a movement! Now we have Ben Carson and all the current GOP tards. I tried to watch one of their debates and gave up after ten minutes because nobody ever talks about anything: it's just terrorism! freedom! lower taxes! middle class! illegals! They're all like dolls with pull strings. Yet they never actually do anything about any of those issues or have real plans. They always lower taxes for rich people and then raise them for the poor and middle class anyway. If they did something about illegals all their corporate buddies who depend on them for cheap labor would stop lobbying for them. I guess they were responsible for the patriot act but look how good that turned out. We lose freedom, terrorists still being terrorists, the TSA is useless, trillions spent on useless wars in the middle east that just created more problems. They destroy unions so workers get ****ed more. They destroy the safety net so that you're forced to work those crappy jobs and then still can't pay rent! Then when you demand a living wage people get mad about it! Wal-Mart actually encourages their employees to sign up for government assistance when they're worth hundreds of billions? So not only do they destroy local communities by putting mom and pops out of business but *you* have to subsidize their employees through welfare and the SNAP program! Then conservatives are always acting like businesses are getting a raw deal. Why is that? Do you think you'll be a billionaire one day and are filled with a bunch of empathy for people most likely born into wealth? Cuz you won't be one of them --- and they don't give a **** about you. They don't pay their fair share or contribute enough to the society the exploit. Bottom line.

GOP is basically just rich people convincing middle class people to hate poor people when it's the rich people stealing all the money out of their pockets. We let Wall Street get away with the crash (trillions in tax money once again, but the real issue is someone on welfare defrauding $500). Nobody is doing **** about the rising cost of college. The job market is stupid, and unless you pick the major of the moment, have fun working at Starbucks with 50k in debt. Houses cost too much, rent is too high, the average wage has stagnated since the 70s while worker productivity has risen by some ridiculous figure like 50%. Think about that for a second. You're doing more for them and they give you less and less. No pensions, ****** health care, outsourcing, bringing in workers on VISA so they don't have to pay Americans a fair wage.

All this stuff I just listed are the real issues affecting ever day Americans and people worship corporations and blame all of societies ills on someone buying a steak with their food stamp money. Or Obama. It's always Obama too. I lived through 2 terms of George W as an adult and as far as I'm concerned Obama could drape himself in a Kenyan flag, roll a blunt with the original copy of the bill of rights and take a giant **** in the middle of Pennsylvania ave and still be a better president.

Haha, now that's the reality of American politics and government. The evil empire is failing at home.

+Quote Post
OneEye
post Dec 26 2015, 12:20 AM
Post #20

Chief Creative Officer
Group Icon

If you believe illegals are taking people's jobs then I have a bridge to sell you. The only people taking real jobs are the super rich who have outsourced the middle class to Central America, China and SE Asia. The same rich that pay off people like Cruz, Trump and yes even Paul.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 06:43 PM