Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> VS2010 Pro Error - ..."No such interface supported.", While trying to save my project I encounter this error and fails save
tc200000
post Aug 10 2013, 04:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,769

Hey all,

Iím running into a problem using nFringe with VS2010 for writing Unreal Scripts. Yesterday I tried to start working on a project and it no longer lets me save the UnrealScript packages with the error: The operation could not be completed. No such interface supported. Please keep in mind I didnít install or change anything (no Windows updates, no VS updates, etc.). Iím also running the latest version of .NET 4.0 SP1 and nFringe version 1.2.23.0. Iíve reached out to the nFringe support group but was trying to bounce some ideas off you guys. Plus Iíve Googled the heck out of this with no concrete solutions.

Hereís what Iíve tried so far:
  • Uninstall and reinstall nFringe.
  • Uninstall and reinstall VS2010.
  • Downgrade to an earlier version of nFringe.
  • Installed the VS2010 Shell Integration.
  • Installed .NET 3.5 as well as the VS2008 Shell integration.

In between each of the steps listed above, Iíve rebooted my PC. I even went so far as to uninstall VS2010 and nFringe, then scour my registry, removing all traces of nFringe and ďhiddenĒ files it references in the registry. Iím at a complete loss. I need this for school and my side games Iím working on and am at the point to where Iím considering reinstalling Windows. Iím running a licensed copy of Windows 7-64Bits with the latest service packs. The ironic part is I have the identical setup on my laptop and it works without issue so I can at least get my work done for class.

If anyone has any ideas Iím more than willing to try anything. Failing that, I'll be reinstalling Windows next weekend.

Thanks!
~~ Nate
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dev Fletch
post Aug 10 2013, 04:59 PM
Post #2

Pixel Mine Developer

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 5,980

We have a message into our nFringe Lead, but in the meantime have you checked this out?

http://visualstudiohacks.com/tips/the-drea...upported-error/

+Quote Post
tc200000
post Aug 10 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,769

QUOTE(Dev Fletch @ Aug 10 2013, 04:59 PM) *
We have a message into our nFringe Lead, but in the meantime have you checked this out?

http://visualstudiohacks.com/tips/the-drea...upported-error/

Hello,

I found this article in my troubleshooting efforts yesterday but this dialogue box is not available to me. I have attempted to search MSDN for this dialogue box in MSVS2010 Pro and while there is information regarding it, I am unable to locate it in the specified location:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1h...=vs.100%29.aspx

As a side note: When I installed this on my laptop and my desktop, I didn't have to adjust these settings... it just worked. Curious.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2019 - 04:26 PM