> Status update
Mangor
post Dec 10 2019, 02:20 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,429

QUOTE(tomukas @ Nov 26 2019, 11:16 PM) *
if it goes on steam what if there could be a new server, so new people from steam could race with everyone to the top
and name Champions

It's a persistent world game, that is kind of pointless,..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DEV Zarquon
post Dec 10 2019, 07:43 PM
Post #22

Chief Operations Officer
Group Icon

Group: Pixel Mine
Member No.: 18

New Status Update:
We have all the static quests done but a few:
  • The types that change values, but keep the same text. Like the patron "kill <x> number of <creatures> and the trainer quests.
  • The book quests. I have a couple small things to change in the quest that was never discovered. And it needs to be worked into the quest line.
  • Dynamic quests (almost done)
Then after all that is done, we have to create a huge script that converts the current save data values to the new quest stored data.
After this is complete, we will push an update without steam.At that time, the programmers can focus on steam and the designers can focus on polish/content.
We are getting close......

+Quote Post
noobys
post Dec 11 2019, 07:52 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,267

How many programmers and designers is there now for thr game? Did u hire new ?

+Quote Post
ricky
post Dec 11 2019, 03:54 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,781

Yo we get it.. Server had a patch.. PLEASE GET RID OF THE MESSAGE

Sincerely,

Every..
Single...
Player....

+Quote Post
Golbez
post Dec 12 2019, 12:06 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,040

QUOTE(DEV Zarquon @ Dec 10 2019, 07:43 PM) *
New Status Update:
  • The types that change values, but keep the same text. Like the patron "kill <x> number of <creatures> and the trainer quests.
  • The book quests. I have a couple small things to change in the quest that was never discovered. And it needs to be worked into the quest line.
Then after all that is done, we have to create a huge script that converts the current save data values to the new quest stored data.
After this is complete, we will push an update without steam.At that time, the programmers can focus on steam and the designers can focus on polish/content.

This is exciting stuff. Also, I am curious about the guild quest thing. I have an idea what it could be.

+Quote Post
Pwn Zwn
post Dec 14 2019, 07:47 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 6,040

Could there possibly be a spellbook update? Like what the spells do, damage/healing done by each spell? That would be extremely helpful. Also, instead of the FN keys for spells, why not switch the number keys and FN keys so it's easier to switch between spells. And the FN keys are the hot bars. Just a suggestion. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
DEV Zarquon
post Dec 15 2019, 06:08 PM
Post #27

Chief Operations Officer
Group Icon

QUOTE(noobys @ Dec 11 2019, 08:52 AM) *
How many programmers and designers is there now for thr game? Did u hire new ?

as always... 2 programmers and 1 designer.
But we all have had to put AE on our hobby list, plus our kids are now in the "we need all your extra time" phase. (plus i have 5 kids)
FujiQ has stepped into a designer phase. She has always been marketing/support, but for the last year, she has been helping convert the scripts to use the new quest system (around 300 quests now), polish the land, balance the drops, point out bugs. Plus raise 3 kids 6 and under. Been fun!

+Quote Post
DEV Zarquon
post Dec 15 2019, 06:09 PM
Post #28

Chief Operations Officer
Group Icon

QUOTE(ricky @ Dec 11 2019, 04:54 PM) *
Yo we get it.. Server had a patch.. PLEASE GET RID OF THE MESSAGE

Sincerely,

Every..
Single...
Player....

Ya, sorry about that!

+Quote Post
DEV Zarquon
post Dec 15 2019, 06:11 PM
Post #29

Chief Operations Officer
Group Icon

QUOTE(Golbez @ Dec 12 2019, 01:06 PM) *
New Status Update:

This is exciting stuff. Also, I am curious about the guild quest thing. I have an idea what it could be.

Yes, there are a couple things, right off the bat that I can think of that has never been discovered as it was not integrated in the main quest lines. I've always been the guy who loves to hide things (easter eggs) and make you think thru quests/tasks. Once this is big update is done, I hope to be able to add a few quests that really make you think to complete.

+Quote Post
DEV Zarquon
post Dec 15 2019, 06:13 PM
Post #30

Chief Operations Officer
Group Icon

QUOTE(Golbez @ Dec 12 2019, 01:06 PM) *
New Status Update:

It wouldn't be hard to add this as an option or if possible, you can "program" your keys to be what you want. We could even supply different templates, including this one. Possibly make it an extra config file, that could be shared. I'll think about it.

+Quote Post
Zafar
post Dec 16 2019, 11:16 AM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,405

thinking in terms of steam. would it also be possible to tweak the business model? why not stick only with micro-transactions and get rid of the VIP system. it is essentially pay to win because you get more experience having bought it. i don't think this type of model is popular in fact i think it is holding the game back from a wider audience.I think mixing monthly subscriptions + micro-transactions is overkill and off putting.

+Quote Post
Katharos
post Dec 16 2019, 07:59 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,147

Agreed. One or the other, not both.
Also send us our grab bags, it's been what... like 2 years? Geez. It's one of the reasons why people subbed in the first place.

+Quote Post
Mangor
post Dec 17 2019, 02:56 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

I've always been ok with the VIP & micro transactions, but mainly because of the grab bag. I've seen other games where you could buy semi-random grab bags but i'm not convinced that would work well on AE, but 1 per month per account works nicely.

As for pay to win - not remotely true. If you think the game ends at 110 you have no clue, the game starts at 110. Winning is getting a sott, lance, e set, pirate ship, killing nith & proj & mukk and graal. You can actually buy most of those items, you can buy levels and characters, but that doesn't compare to killing the bosses and getting it yourself.

Once you've done all that you still aren't there, come to H and try se if you are brave enough to even leave town. Way more to the game than 110

+Quote Post
Dyrankor
post Dec 18 2019, 12:25 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 761

QUOTE(Mangor @ Dec 17 2019, 02:56 PM) *
As for pay to win - not remotely true. If you think the game ends at 110 you have no clue, the game starts at 110.

Agreed. VIP just streamlines everything. If it was pay-to-win, you would get 0 exp without VIP. Just because it's significantly enhanced with VIP doesn't mean it's necessary. It's just annoying to have to pick up loot from very mob (which if you're skinning you open everything anyway), but there are non-VIP ways around that too - like the party system. DTMs, TMs, and shared bank are really just (awesome) perks.

+Quote Post
Zafar
post Dec 18 2019, 03:44 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,405

at the end of the day. the people who have been playing forever will always be okay with it. i'm talking about new players. players who didn't play dransik when it was out in 2003 and it was the best thing ever. i don't think the NEW player base will grow with both VIP and micro-transactions. I know existing players like it and will continue to play. but the whole point of going on steam is to attract NEW players. and newer players won't like this system. also if you think VIP isn't pay to win you are delusional. EXP is everything and if you get more exp to get to 110 the better off you will be. also i never said the game ended at 110. but getting to 110 is a mountain to climb which VIP lets you pay to get there slightly faster.

+Quote Post
Mangor
post Dec 20 2019, 01:43 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Zafar @ Dec 18 2019, 09:44 PM) *
also if you think VIP isn't pay to win you are delusional.

I'm gonna put that in my siggy, it's so funny.

EXP is nothing when you get to 110 and you really missed the point. Up to 110 you aren't even playing the game and once you get there you have to gear your guy up - and that can be a longer journey than the levels and isn't helped much by VIP. One of the big problems in the game now is people have such an easy time levelling and when they get to 110 they don't even know how to play - and good gear doesn't make you good at PVE or PVP.

+Quote Post
kolli0
post Dec 21 2019, 03:42 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 864

I have to say from an lazier guy perspective, that getting to 110 is not an short easy journey. I don't know how people go from 0 to 110 in an month, but I haven't been able to do that myself even in an longer time.

You can tell that you can do it, but I bet that those new players will even less likely be able to get to 110 even in an years time.
I've spent probably a few hundred hours doing demon dtms and am still a long way from 110, how many new players will bother do that feat?

And true, I haven't yet even got to play this new game as I'm not maxed and don't even have SoTT (IMG:style_emoticons/default/AEClaugh.gif)

+Quote Post
Mangor
post Dec 22 2019, 07:35 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

I said years back that all new players should come in at 100 or even 105. The problem then is learning the actual game and you get 110s who dunno how to play.

I think the big problem with levelling is the playerbase and in part the way the game has gone. Most expansions put the bulk of the good gear at the high end so there is very little in the L50-90 range that is good - and the fact the playerbase is so small makes it almost impossible to get hold of. As a long term player I've accumulated snakes helm, helm of the chant, swiftwind sets, ruby scarab ring etc - you can't buy that stuff because nobody hunt what drops it and I won't sell cos it's easier to get 100 scales than some of those items. if there's going to be a future for new blood in this game it needs to revolve around a way for players to get those items easily be that quest, microtransactions or massively increasing drop rates. Goba is amazing for getting the lower level gear but something silimar for L50-90 gear would help so much.

SoTT shouldn't be necessary because multi-player game, but when it's just you on then you need to do the best you can. I have successfully hunted coast on 107/108 dexcons with WFF, and zules destroy clops better than a 107/108 with sott but I'm not sure what else or other builds can hunt solo at those levels that will help you get anything useful and work you towards being able to buy big drops. Everything really is stacked against a <110 who doesn't want to buy gear/chars for RL (which is actually super cheap now) and doesn't have other characters to level off the back of. Oh and you need buffs so 2nd account or other people.

+Quote Post
Dyrankor
post Dec 23 2019, 11:33 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 761

For me, the best part of the game has always been the leveling process. Tides of Fate added a ton of low- to mid-level gear, and Sands of Creation has more mid- to high-level stuff. All of it is soloable (even if it may be somewhat difficult) with a variety of builds. I did it on my most recent character with no problems and minimal assistance from my 110s. AEDatabase was an incredibly useful resource, especially the gear optimizer.

Edit: People also need to be willing to invest the time into tradeskills.

+Quote Post
Primo
post Jan 12 2020, 07:47 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 3,009

Any update on whats happening now?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th February 2020 - 04:17 AM