> Still out due to hurricane damage
El_Guapo
post Sep 15 2008, 09:01 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 63

Hey all,

Sorry I have not been around, especially down due to the hurricane. We are still out of power, I am now currently running off a generator for partial power, so with my wireless card I can now atleast get on the internet.

anyhow wanted to say hello, will catch yall another time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AmRam
post Sep 16 2008, 07:46 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 71

Hope all is well other than being without regular power. Remember - eat all the steaks first from the freezer- dont want them to spoil!

+Quote Post
MadMac
post Sep 16 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

Reminds me of post typhoon trauma when I was stationed in Guam, minus the internet. You guys able to run your house off the generator? We had these nifty plugs in the side of our house that you could plug the generator straight in to. I had a pretty big generator, the only thing I couldn't run was the A/C. I had to make a custom made cable to go between the house and the 220 socket on the generator, but it was worth it.

Glad to hear you're safe, Guaps. Make sure you chain that generator down to something! It wasn't uncommon for those things to wander off on Guam...I had to buy a second one after my first decided that it wanted to live with a local a little more than it did me (they never had the base fully fenced while I was there)...stopped happening after I applied a heavy chain and a lock.

Enough comedy...stay safe and mind the curfew dude!

+Quote Post
FujiQ
post Sep 18 2008, 09:25 AM
Post #4

Marketing Manager
Group Icon

Group: Pixel Mine
Member No.: 17

Hope to see you back online soon Guaps!

+Quote Post
El_Guapo
post Sep 18 2008, 09:48 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 63

Yea Mac,

We are pushing power into the house, its a 5k gen, but due to the wiring in the house (its dated circa 1940's) can only run one zone at a time, but hey, you atleast get lights and fans...and yea, I cant run the AC either. Gas is the biggest *****, most stations are still not open due to power or gas supply. But we are hanging in there, cell service is on the fritz too which just adds to the annoyance heh. But we still made out alright in the long run. Center Point is saying we might have power sometime next week.....yea

Am, we ate all the meats starting on Sunday as I didnt have the gen then and everything was about to go bad in the fridge, so we had a big bbq at my place on the grill...but we lost pretty much everything else before we got the generator.

Most stores are beginning to start opening up though, so we have been able to get food and yesterday perishables, so that was nice.

Hope everyone is well, and as soon as I get power and cable back up, I will be online.

+Quote Post
MadMac
post Oct 31 2008, 07:06 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

Guaps,

You doing ok yet?

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st April 2020 - 11:32 AM