Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Armour Resistances, Need some feedback
JonnyH
post Apr 9 2009, 02:42 PM
Post #141

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 502

Ok, here's what I'll do: I'll as TheTyrant to lower the drop rate on rlr. I recognize that the economy is already somewhat flooded with them, but nothing can be done about that. I'm still going to be hesitant to make the Mystic Robe more powerful than the rlr, because Runes are supposed to be the good stuff in the game and we want some continuity. I'm open to making the Mystic Robe equal to the rlr - though I'd rather that they weren't exact duplicates of each other (thus, the suggestion that it have some elements that it is more powerful against, and others that it's less powerful against, than the rlr). If need be, in the future, the Mystic Robe can be made more powerful than the rlr, but I'd rather wait to see if that's really a necessary change. Let's try it with it somewhat equal to it, at first, and see how that works - one change at a time.

Further, the resistances on mage gear were all raised to quite significant levels, at one point, because there was the thought going around that the only thing that mages had (that others didn't) was resistance. Mages still don't have high AC, but the new thought that's going around about mages is that their advantage is their scrolls. If the scrolls are the 'big balancer' for mages, would it make sense to lower their resistances very slightly, to more reasonable levels? As it stands, their resistances are significantly higher than any other class', and could probably stand a slight nerf without changing gameplay too significantly. Thoughts? As scrolls are increasingly fixed and used, is the resistance as important as it once was (when it was, basically, the only benefit there was to having an Int build)?

The Tenth Avenger
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Birnical
post Apr 9 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #142

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,103

int players are superior because of their high resistances, ability to use druids, and the scrolls...

+Quote Post
Birnical
post Apr 10 2009, 05:06 AM
Post #143

Advanced Member

I still insist for the RLR to be switched with MR.

It is not a real "rune" for it were, then "rune warriors" would be able to wear it, but they cannot, it has an INT requirement...as opposed to every other rune having no such requirement...

You also cannot use RLR to use instead of the rune plate to equip the rune sword, not sure how it works for the rune staff...which nonetheless is an unfinished item.

I understand what you mean by wanting it to be within the "rune category" but even the name points otherwise, Rune Lord? It would be feasible if it was named Rune Robes but Rune Lord makes me think it is something of it's own nature, irrelevent to the "Rune"

Even though MR has been in the game before RLR was introduced, it was only attainable from a Dark Monk (1 dark monk a day would spawn randomly, something of that magnitude in terms of spawn locations...it had a few random spawns and it was not something you can go hunt...you would accidently stumble upon a dark monk) or a Spire...

as opposed to having the RLR dropped from Balrons/Hell Spawns, it is flooded...it is a very very common item...Reducing the drop rate of it won't do much given that there are enough of them for every current player to have at least 1 as opposed to MR which I am sure not even 30% of the players own one...

The current price of MR is around 300m as opposed to RLR which is 20-40m

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Apr 11 2009, 07:52 AM
Post #144

Advanced Member

Member No.: 437

Just make sure orcus robe will be worth to hunt and use. It is a boss item and I don't think anyone has it yet. My guess is that orcus has been killed over 400 times.

+Quote Post
Birnical
post Apr 11 2009, 08:25 AM
Post #145

Advanced Member

QUOTE(KaaLimaTo @ Apr 11 2009, 03:52 PM) *
Just make sure orcus robe will be worth to hunt and use. It is a boss item and I don't think anyone has it yet. My guess is that orcus has been killed over 400 times.

we have the only orcus robe currently in game you clown.

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Apr 11 2009, 08:30 AM
Post #146

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Birnical @ Apr 11 2009, 08:25 AM) *
QUOTE(KaaLimaTo @ Apr 11 2009, 03:52 PM) *

we have the only orcus robe currently in game you clown.

whO?! you liar.

+Quote Post
JonnyH
post Apr 17 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #147

Advanced Member

Yes, Orcusist Robe is better than either rlr or Mystic Robe. In the next update you should find that Mystic Robe is better than rlr.

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Apr 17 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #148

Advanced Member

QUOTE(JonnyH @ Apr 17 2009, 01:30 PM) *
Yes, Orcusist Robe is better than either rlr or Mystic Robe. In the next update you should find that Mystic Robe is better than rlr.

Where is the info about the 'Orgasmo' Robe

Orgasmo because I think duleon had one everytime it spawned.

+Quote Post
Birnical
post Apr 21 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #149

Advanced Member

Is it possible from your end...

To reduce the STR Bonus from HOS to only 10, and add a 20 Str Bonus to all the Dragon Helms, Frost Helm, Serpent Helm, and Rune Helm.

To reduce the CON Bonus from AOGH to only 10, and add a 20con bonus to all the Dragon Plates, Serpent Plate, Frost Plate, Mystic Robe, Orcus Robe.

To add an additional STR Bonus to Rune Gauntlets to 40.

To add an adttional DEX Bonus to Rune Leggings to 40.

To add a 20 STR Bonus to all Dragon Gauntlets, Serpent Gauntlets(not ingame yet), Frost Gauntlets

To add a 20 DEX Bonus to all Dragon Leggings, Serpent Leggings, Frost Leggings

There is a huge problem between expensive gear and not expensive gear, and that is their overall benefit. There is very little difference between the "Bonus" wearing rare/expensive items to wearing common/cheap items. This seems a like a logical solution.

+Quote Post
lVl Vegeta
post Apr 22 2009, 08:06 AM
Post #150

Member No.: 3,414

I really like birnicles suggestion! It wouldn't create too much imbalance and would encourage people to wear decent gears for pk's and hunts! Someone start a poll on that idea pl0x

+Quote Post
JonnyH
post Apr 22 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #151

Advanced Member

That's something that I have no control over - but I can make a suggestion. I don't know if this would be it (maybe +10s? for the upper-level element resistant gear). I've had enough trouble with over-buffing the mid-level gears - I don't want to make the same mistake again, and have everyone then complain when it needs to be nerfed a little.

The Tenth Avenger

+Quote Post
lVl Vegeta
post Apr 22 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #152

That's why we need a poll for the idea.

+Quote Post
lVl Vegeta
post Apr 22 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #153

O!

Maybe they can put a poll on the launcher where it gives you some info about dransik. That would be nice.

+Quote Post
Mc Speed
post Jul 28 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #154

Member No.: 674

tbh i dont think you should make any changes, and deffently not nerf any items, the thing is some people have payed tokens for items and if u start going nerfing these items then, you will start to irritate these people, and the ones who pay tokens for stuff are the ones who keep the game running, how would u feel if u payed 100-500 tokens on an item then get it nerfed because afew ppl think its a good idea ? also buffing items is risky because then they just wasted tokens on an item that isnt as good as something else thats just been buffed. its not as bad though, and item like mystic robe should be buffed to give all resistances, but not be as high as rlr, similar to a magus robe unless the req is increased to be better than only 40 int, if it had similar resists to a magus robe and only 40 int req it could be used by some warriors making it extremly useful and worth the price tag. (maybe make it only 20 int)

imo dont buff rune set, and dont start giving dragon armor stats, rune set is really good as it is! dragon armor is good as it is. if u start giving armor super stats then pvp will become more gear reliant then it already is... it will ruin the pvp, as it will just turn into AE, pvp is ruined on there because if u dont have the E set then theres no point even trying, and if some1 has a sott then its just a joke. and people sell these items for 2000 tokens each for the lesser parts and sott has sold for 1000usd and a number of times. rune set is amazing but it isnt so over powered that no1 has a chance and the way its set up here is using a rune set is a risk so people dont tend to us it so often. people should see that using frost legs, or gd legs decreases the dmg from ice sword or PA/sod making them still usful in pvp,

mages resists arnt overpowered because they can get alot of resist to disease, u think it would be fair to get 2 hit killed with a rune sword and warriors can take atleast 3 (top end hits) ?warriors get 700 hp more now if there orc, in the end it balances out as with the resists a rune sword could kill a mage in 3 hits if he was lucky.

this is only my opinon but i wouldnt change much or anything. dransik iso, pvp died when armor started giving stats out. and nerfing things annoys the people who pay tokens for stuff, and they are the ones who pay for the game!

+Quote Post
JonnyH
post Aug 1 2010, 10:32 PM
Post #155

Advanced Member

So... let's get some more conversation going on this. I can still balance things, if people will give feedback. Rather than random people starting threads that end up going nowhere, let's use the one that actually can bring about change.

Let me know what you think of how things currently are, and I'll see what I can do.

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Aug 2 2010, 05:54 PM
Post #156

Advanced Member

QUOTE(JonnyH @ Aug 1 2010, 10:32 PM) *
So... let's get some more conversation going on this. I can still balance things, if people will give feedback. Rather than random people starting threads that end up going nowhere, let's use the one that actually can bring about change.

Let me know what you think of how things currently are, and I'll see what I can do.

Currently the most useful helm is hos, after power set helms.

most useful plate is aogh for warrior and tank

+Quote Post
JonnyH
post Aug 4 2010, 08:30 AM
Post #157

Advanced Member

I agree, about hos and aogh. But their power isn't found in the armour that they give the wearer; it's in the stat bonuses that they give. That's not something that I have any power over to change, and I don't think anyone would want me to, if I could (myself included).

So, I guess the question is: is there something that needs to be buffed to make it more interesting to people, in light of hos and aogh bonuses?

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Aug 4 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #158

Advanced Member

QUOTE(JonnyH @ Aug 4 2010, 08:30 AM) *
I agree, about hos and aogh. But their power isn't found in the armour that they give the wearer; it's in the stat bonuses that they give. That's not something that I have any power over to change, and I don't think anyone would want me to, if I could (myself included).

So, I guess the question is: is there something that needs to be buffed to make it more interesting to people, in light of hos and aogh bonuses?

The problem is that if you buff other items the game becomes messed up because then it isn't scaled with weapon dmg's.

+Quote Post
JonnyH
post Aug 6 2010, 11:01 AM
Post #159

Advanced Member

Well, I can change weapon strengths, too, but that's sort of beside the point. We really just want to make sure that the armour is all balanced out with itself, right? So hos is pretty easy to get, though I think that aogh is a little tougher to get. But they're both just magic gear, not even holy/black. So how do we make the better gears more attractive to people in different situations?

+Quote Post
HARDCOREGAL
post Aug 6 2010, 12:06 PM
Post #160

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,951

QUOTE(JonnyH @ Aug 6 2010, 11:01 AM) *
Well, I can change weapon strengths, too, but that's sort of beside the point. We really just want to make sure that the armour is all balanced out with itself, right? So hos is pretty easy to get, though I think that aogh is a little tougher to get. But they're both just magic gear, not even holy/black. So how do we make the better gears more attractive to people in different situations?

maybe in vels aogh might be hard to get but in mainland all the amount of hellspawns make aoghs VERY easy to get.

Now...only piece of armor I fell needing a "buff" is serpent legs, pretty damn rare drops from a boss mob and is pretty much the same as bronze legs....

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th December 2019 - 09:49 AM