Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Story of Kagham, New and improved!
Toasty
post Jun 21 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 332

Good job dude. Always liked reading your stuff. It's nice to see an update! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kagham
post Jun 30 2009, 07:10 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,049

I put in a big revision, so all old entry dates are gone. Most likely no one will notice what I changed.

That being said, so ends chapter two! It was exciting and heartbreaking. Next comes chapter three (out of four, I think) and it's the big one! It's the high point of everything, but also the most jumbled and ridiculous. I've got a good 1/3 of it written and know what happens during it all, but it's nowhere near ready to be typed up and posted. That being said, I hope to have chapter three done and posted before school starts in the fall. I make no promises though! I have a lot of other writing that I'm doing and if I don't get to revising this properly, then I am sorry.

Anyway, I may have the "intermission" part between chapters 2 and 3 up within a week or two. I have most of it typed, but need to proof read it because it's a mess.

Ok! Thanks for reading!

+Quote Post
Kagham
post Aug 7 2009, 09:14 PM
Post #23

Sorry, no new material atm.

So! I have the outline for chapter 3 mostly written. I re-wrote the "interlude" (the dream-like spirity part) between chapters two and three written. I need to edit it, type it, proofread it and then I'll post it. It should be about 4-5 pages typed (for anyone who cares, the entire story so far is only 19 pages single spaced, so 4-5 pages is a fair bit of material.)

Then I'll begin writing chapter three, which is easily the beefiest chapter. I imagine the whole of chapter three will be at least twice as long as the story has been up to this point. (This is where it starts to approach novella length.) I do start work and school again at the end of this month, but am hoping that by cutting down (read, eliminating) time on my computer I will be able to continue writing as much as I have this summer. (I do love writing oh so much more than playing computer games.)

That being said, ideally I'll have the interlude typed and posted before I go out of town this upcoming Wednesday (the 12th.)

+Quote Post
Kagham
post Oct 1 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #24

I added what I had typed up before, but for some reason never posted. It's not the complete interlude, but it's a good chunk of it. I've been busy with school and haven't had time to work on this at all. Expect another update before thanksgiving though.

+Quote Post
Caesir
post Feb 21 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 4,252

Hullo Kagham!

I just read through your entire story and it's incredible! I'm an avid reader of fantasy, but your material is so different compared to what I'm used to reading. It's very refreshing to read this! I can't wait to read what happens next!

- Caesir

+Quote Post
Kagham
post Feb 21 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #26

Why thank you Caesir! It always delights a writer to hear their material is at least different than the giant mass of other fantasy out there. Of course, being described as incredible is also good.

For those of you (me included) who have been anxiously waiting to see the rest of the story, know that I'm currently pursuing writing as my full time career and plan to devote at least an hour or so per day to wrapping this up. Though "wrapping up" is misleading since we're only about half way through the story. Really, after such a beginning as the story has, there's no way it could just go on with me doing awesome things and nothing else.

+Quote Post
Kagham
post Nov 9 2010, 01:31 AM
Post #27

I'm posting a comment here, and adding it to the first post.

A guild mate told me a few months ago that the presence of the Dream Journals was confusing (partly because they were dated.) So I will explain that. Assume the character (Kagham) kept a journal of his dreams as they happened. Like most journals, the entries were dated. What if later on, the character discovered that some of these dreams actually happened? That is what the Dream Journals are. Kagham, living a sort of imposed life, does not remember everything that happens to him. But sometimes he has remarkable dreams, and he records them. The date on the Dream Journals is the date on which he had the dream, not the date on which the event actually occurred. The story itself is in order (or is meant to be) and you could, basically, ignore the "Dream Journal" note and the date. If you simply skipped those two things and read on, you would be reading it the right way. However, the Dream Journal element adds, I think, an interesting flavor to some of the more supernatural scenes and explains how/when the "true" Kagham is acting compared to when the person he inhabits is acting.

Also, I made several spacing corrections, fixed some typos, and fixed two improper uses of tense (used past when I shouldn't have.) I am currently working on writing the next part (I'm almost always working on this story at least a little bit) and hope to have at least a couple pages up today.

+Quote Post
Kagham
post Nov 9 2010, 02:36 AM
Post #28

Well...ok, so I added about a page and a half. It's kinda a lot later than I thought it was, so I'm going to bed. If I don't get back to this in the next two days, someone send me a scathing letter or something.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd January 2020 - 07:40 AM