> Velsinia Starting Guide for Mages
Xervis
post Mar 26 2013, 06:09 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,275

QUOTE(kung fu @ Mar 24 2013, 03:04 PM) *
Is there any other way to lvl magery on vels other than regen/ rejuv scrolls and mass heal/ heal scrolls?

There isn't any other way in general. The other scrolls also don't work on mainland so no, But consider it a blessing. Warriors don't get Exp while using potions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Master Of Oblivi...
post Mar 26 2013, 01:09 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,254

Althou xp you get from scrolls is not overwhelming. If you think like this: one mass scrolls gives you 60-110 xp, and max lvl is 6.5mil or so, so its atleast 65k-110k scrolls to max magery, which is actually not even worth it, if you think that when 1 magery lvl is equal to 1 healing point, so at 100 its 100 more healing and really dont make difference at say lvl 70 magery. Not really conserned about magery that much.

To answer mage build: When server were wiped, I started pure mage 0 lvl build, now im lvl 50+ and its not really worth it as im healing without robe for 462. I would suggest if you do your mage, is that its above lvl 60, so that you can throw str and get it to 75 with your colour boost and rest to int + rlr. Then it starts to pay off. Well to be precise, Im making profit with my current setup, but only at wl, cant do dragons with scrolls. Just not enough healing, to compensate 7 sec CD and stutter.

+Quote Post
DeJa Vuu
post Mar 26 2013, 07:07 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,139

QUOTE(Xervis @ Mar 26 2013, 06:09 AM) *
Is there any other way to lvl magery on vels other than regen/ rejuv scrolls and mass heal/ heal scrolls?

There isn't any other way in general. The other scrolls also don't work on mainland so no, But consider it a blessing. Warriors don't get Exp while using potions.

As someone mentioned to you on another thread, stop giving out misinformation. Other scrolls work perfectly fine on Mainland -- attack scrolls work great. It would be wise for you to log on and test things before you attempt to give out information that you assume is correct.

+Quote Post
kung fu
post Mar 28 2013, 10:46 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,351

QUOTE(DeJa Vuu @ Mar 26 2013, 07:07 PM) *
QUOTE(Xervis @ Mar 26 2013, 06:09 AM) *

As someone mentioned to you on another thread, stop giving out misinformation. Other scrolls work perfectly fine on Mainland -- attack scrolls work great. It would be wise for you to log on and test things before you attempt to give out information that you assume is correct.

DeJa Vuu is right.

+Quote Post
kung fu
post May 10 2013, 09:58 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,351

QUOTE(Master Of Oblivion @ Mar 26 2013, 01:09 PM) *
Althou xp you get from scrolls is not overwhelming. If you think like this: one mass scrolls gives you 60-110 xp, and max lvl is 6.5mil or so, so its atleast 65k-110k scrolls to max magery, which is actually not even worth it, if you think that when 1 magery lvl is equal to 1 healing point, so at 100 its 100 more healing and really dont make difference at say lvl 70 magery. Not really conserned about magery that much.

To answer mage build: When server were wiped, I started pure mage 0 lvl build, now im lvl 50+ and its not really worth it as im healing without robe for 462. I would suggest if you do your mage, is that its above lvl 60, so that you can throw str and get it to 75 with your colour boost and rest to int + rlr. Then it starts to pay off. Well to be precise, Im making profit with my current setup, but only at wl, cant do dragons with scrolls. Just not enough healing, to compensate 7 sec CD and stutter.

On the topic of xp. I think the most commonly underutilized item is the healing scroll. At level 67 magery with 120 INT with rlr, I heal for 187 and get a whopping 233 xp. With mass healing scrolls I heal for 667 but only receive a random generation low-ball number (agreed, 60ish-110ish) of xp that does not seem to scale with your level. Unlike healing scrolls, which give you stable exp and only goes up with your INT and skill level.

What I find most useful about them is the stutter, reuse, and HP received from the healing scroll is very similar to GHP's. Maybe the stutter is like .2 second longer? Big whoop, YOUR GETTIN "FREE" XP!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

They are the same price as mass heals. In the heat of battle, you could cast maybe 3-4 healing scrolls in the time it would take to reuse 1 mass heal. So you are greatly increasing your magery leveling and being more efficient, experience wise anyways.

So, unless you are going up against things that hit you for over 200 dmg, I'd stick with the healing scrolls.

+Quote Post
Hersir
post Jun 6 2013, 10:02 AM
Post #26

Member No.: 5,293

In case someone doesn't know:

scroll of mass healing heals for (5*INT) + magery

scroll of healing heals for INT + magery

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2020 - 06:45 PM