> A Great Visitor - The Journal of Sir Neotholic
Neotholic
post Feb 17 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,906

Sir Neothlic’s Journal

Men often attempt to chain the wheels of fate amidst the burgeoning hardship implicated by their own misunderstanding; that though she lay claim to the unfortunate few, surely she stands ready to provide freely to the individual upon any request she be nullified. Such is the belief in luck, or appointing oneself as the judge of all high truths. This parable, spoken fervently by the sages of so many different eras, remains as applicable to the great city of Parian as those countless epicenters of power that have risen and fallen before it.

Part 1 – The Great Visitor

Clank clank clank - the piercing shrill of a finely crafted blade, as enveloped between the anvil and hammer, echoes throughout the shop.
“Sir Neotholic, the repairs to your weapon are complete. I ask not your due remittance in gold coin as usual,” the blacksmith said in a rather unscrupulous manner; “but that you travel with this sheath to the great city of Parian, in order to have it returned to the noble who there resides. He appropriately requested my service, and, though I begrudge him not of his request, I remain exceedingly old to employ faculties such as you young men are capable of.”

Thinking nothing of the request, Sir Neotholic extended his hand to grasp the Sapphire-encrusted sheath and made motion through the extensive of it by the blacksmith. It shone with the brilliance as was reputed to the work of the old man; a systematic hieroglyphic of engraving surrounded each gemstone, as if strengthening both the structural integrity of the sword while dazzling every errant glance provided it by an onlooker.
“The nobles’ top knight recovered this in a deep chasm of the crypt east of our city, Solodon, during an extensive hunting campaign to rid the world of the evil entities which as of late have been resurfacing. I have made careful to ensure its reparation while preserving the most beautiful of engravings, which if the rumors prove to be true, encompasses a sheath of extraordinary history. I ask that you take it with you, and deliver it to the noble so that he himself may employ his top scholars to determine its nature.”

As Sir Neotholic was handed back his weapon, repaired from his previous encounter, he thought little of the circumstances in which he found himself. Here he was, a knight in training, faced with a rather unique situation in the sense he had never been provided any such esoteric task prior to this; to think something of it may frustrate his acquaintances and speak multitudes of his ignorance. Think nothing, wherein the deed may simply be carried out to a mutual satisfaction; as indeed was any case of avoiding the consequence duties of weapons repair.
“Thank you, sir,” Neotholic said to the blacksmith. “I will ensure its arrival and prompt study.”
Without further ado, Sir Neotholic had saddled his horse and set out on the long journey from Solodon to Parian.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th July 2020 - 05:46 PM