Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crafter Build, Is the Dex Mage the only viable build?
AmaAra
post Dec 25 2012, 01:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,532

I'm more of a crafter than a fighter type of player. It's been suggested to me that the Dex Mage with STR 30 / DEX 101 / INT 100 is the way to go.

Now that I'm on the mainland, I seem to be struggling with my magic spells and really can't handle the mob situations. I find myself fleeing back to the gate guards quite often (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

On the Ashen Empire Guides website, Dahaka has a build for a Pure Crafter with STR = 60+ / DEX = 60+ / INT = 60+ along with gear suggetions. Has anyone tried this build. If so, what are the drawbacks.

Are there any other builds that could be considered?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
alfoid
post Dec 25 2012, 03:06 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,474

i dont buy into that 'crafter build' bs. i leveled alchemy to 100 on a dex/con (100 dex, 100 con, 30 str) and pretty much failed the same number of times as i did when i leveled it on my dex mage. only craft that i have tried where orbs seem to make a huge difference is planting, and only for bloodroot. once you get to level 104 with sally gear and use other + all stat items you can get 150+ in every orb anyway.

my suggestion as a dex/mage is to level dex to 100 first and use bows. if you always get the best gear for your level its easy. leveling a mage int first sucks. not just because you're a meatbag but you go through so many stam pots its ridiculous.

if you dont want to deal with mobs then just buy vip and use the weaving taskmaster. its boring as hell but you can get level 40-50 in a few hours. only drawback is you wont have any skills leveled, but you can leech off a few giant dtms and fix that easy. i dont suggest that for a first time player but w/e, its your game. you would just be missing out on a lot of cool noob stuff that i think most people miss in their haste to get level 110.

+Quote Post
Red Tape
post Dec 26 2012, 01:14 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,338

Like alf already suggested, build doesnt really influence tradeskills too much, except at low level.
Dexmage is a decent build to start off with and if you want to do tradeskills first you can already do the dex and int based ones. I suggest you pick the standard dex mage build which is 100 dex/int and 30 con. This should be better than going 30 str in the long run.
I would really not try the tradeskill build with all orbs to 60 since this will really cripple your char at high lvl and will make lots of endgame content pretty much unavailable to you.

+Quote Post
mightymick
post Dec 26 2012, 04:33 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,769

gotta agree with the top two posts dont even try the crafters build its full of ****, the only time a skill sucks is when your a low level at it, as you get higher the success rate gets alot better no matter what your orbs are in.

If your to put your orbs in anything do as the top 2 posts have recommended DEX/INT, DEX is used for alot for the crafters skills, well the useful ones, INT is useful for farming as pointed out, bloodroot/mandrake for making potions, mala for making PH's. weaving, spinning and sewing all fall under dex if i remember rightly.

Crafters build - - - WRONG!

Sally gear level 104!

+Quote Post
AmaAra
post Dec 26 2012, 07:26 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 6,532

Thanks for the answers. I'll switch to bow and go with dex mage. I've even found a crossbow trainer so that will work out well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Red Tape
post Dec 26 2012, 09:08 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 5,338

QUOTE(AmaAra @ Dec 26 2012, 07:26 AM) *
Thanks for the answers. I'll switch to bow and go with dex mage. I've even found a crossbow trainer so that will work out well (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I suggest going with bows first, not xbows, as you will get better damage from them. Good luck!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2019 - 07:15 AM