> Ridiculous GMs on H
Mangor
post Dec 25 2019, 04:12 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,429

"Get your asses to safety, SI coming in 5"

mostly nobody wants the SI, H people are usually more grown up so they don't level, they hunt proper mobs and if we want a SI we can do it. Whateves, I get my *** to safety and then nothing. Do it or don't announce it, but please work ou what the hell you are doing cos all these phantom SIs do is make people go do something else.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dyrankor
post Dec 25 2019, 06:30 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 761

Chill. I still appreciate SIs.

+Quote Post
Mangor
post Dec 25 2019, 06:50 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

If they really want to do a SI then fine - DO IT! Last week 1 was promised, some guys were doing 1 anyway - 40 mins after it was planned I helped load for the guys who wanted it so we could get the thing out the way. Story of this game really - announce something then forget about it.

+Quote Post
Requiemnus
post Dec 25 2019, 10:12 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,477

What is an Sl?

+Quote Post
Katharos
post Dec 26 2019, 02:45 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,147

Spawn increase. It's pretty nuts; you get swarmed easily. I find it's only enjoyable when farming lower level enemies for loot or as a party when farming level-appropriate enemies (or slightly lower level). Otherwise, you have to ranged pull things one at a time or you'll die. It's really not fun.

+Quote Post
Requiemnus
post Dec 26 2019, 07:51 PM
Post #6

Ty :D

+Quote Post
Dyrankor
post Dec 27 2019, 12:49 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Great for leveling and harvesting resources - just throwing that out there.

+Quote Post
Mangor
post Dec 27 2019, 09:22 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

SIs are often great for levelling, brilliant if you want to hunt things like bears. H server is mostly 110s killing bosses. The problem is it's automatically assumed we want one (we've had them when killing graal, ghost etc) and the fact it's announced and then often doesn't happen or not promptly. If it was just announced and then done it would be a pain but putting plans on hold for 30-60 mins and then maybe 25% of the time it doesn't even happen is not helpful to anyone.

+Quote Post
GM Quanyin
post Dec 27 2019, 01:06 PM
Post #9

Ashen Empires Lead GM

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 154

I'm trying to give H a little "luf". SI is the only thing I can give there as H already has loot increase and PH built in. If anybody, just one, says please don't do, there is no SI. I always give at least a 5 min warning and as far as a delay in starting it, it always comes but it might be later than 5 mins as I have another server to tend, too.

Sorry, I'm not up to creating the massive fun and games of the old days. I have been a GM for 12 years (and probably your only one), so give me a break.

I could just forget SI and stick with the Fishing and Mining Contests on H.

+Quote Post
Dyrankor
post Dec 27 2019, 06:20 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Thanks QY! Still feelin the luff. And most of us appreciate what you've done (and continue to do) for the community.

+Quote Post
Zafar
post Dec 28 2019, 11:01 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,405

SI's are fine. i don't know why this guy is making an issue about something so meaningless.

+Quote Post
ricky
post Dec 29 2019, 09:30 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,781

Bruhh move to L if you are worried about an SI (IMG:style_emoticons/default/AECph34r.gif)

QuanYin I still love your weekend SI's and so does my guild also enjoy SI any other time of the week :D

-Mini

+Quote Post
Mangor
post Dec 29 2019, 03:28 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE(ricky @ Dec 29 2019, 03:30 PM) *
Bruhh move to L if you are worried about an SI (IMG:style_emoticons/default/AECph34r.gif)

QuanYin I still love your weekend SI's and so does my guild also enjoy SI any other time of the week (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

-Mini

Somebody who clearly doesn't understand the game. H is where there is PVP - you are probably scared whitless (or something) of that but an SI is the same on any server. I guess hunting triddles isn't challenging in a SI - I do wonder if you've ever seen the bosses I mentioned. oh course not, L basically plays the game at a nice pedestrian pace of whatever L90s kill.

+Quote Post
Mangor
post Dec 29 2019, 03:34 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE(GM Quanyin @ Dec 27 2019, 07:06 PM) *
I'm trying to give H a little "luf". SI is the only thing I can give there as H already has loot increase and PH built in. If anybody, just one, says please don't do, there is no SI. I always give at least a 5 min warning and as far as a delay in starting it, it always comes but it might be later than 5 mins as I have another server to tend, too.

Sorry, I'm not up to creating the massive fun and games of the old days. I have been a GM for 12 years (and probably your only one), so give me a break.

Not about breaks. I had a point, made it about 3 times and dragged in a load of replies from people who clearly don't understand English.

It is pretty obvious you log on to H, promise a SI then log off to L - and seem to forget a lot of the time. If I could request 1 thing - please don't log off the server when you promise a SI, just hang round for 5 mins and start it before logging. Even just give less notice or just start it (something any player on H can do) but waiting for something to finish when it never even starts is exasperating.

+Quote Post
Requiemnus
post Dec 29 2019, 08:32 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(GM Quanyin @ Dec 27 2019, 01:06 PM) *

I could just forget SI and stick with the Fishing and Mining Contests on H.

Feeling all the 'Lufs' as well & I love spawn increase because I Gotta hunt, Thank you GM

+Quote Post
Orbiss
post Dec 30 2019, 02:37 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,069

QUOTE(Mangor @ Dec 29 2019, 03:28 PM) *
QUOTE(ricky @ Dec 29 2019, 03:30 PM) *
Bruhh move to L if you are worried about an SI :AECph34r:

QuanYin I still love your weekend SI's and so does my guild also enjoy SI any other time of the week :D

-Mini

Somebody who clearly doesn't understand the game. H is where there is PVP - you are probably scared whitless (or something) of that but an SI is the same on any server. I guess hunting triddles isn't challenging in a SI - I do wonder if you've ever seen the bosses I mentioned. oh course not, L basically plays the game at a nice pedestrian pace of whatever L90s kill.

An H player with an ego, what's new? Many of us on L use SI exclusively for GDI farming. The far right spot is good for one str/dex to solo (bring a healer if you don't know how to play optimally) but if just a couple archers join you will run out of greens. The red spot is a bit better, but can be pretty slow even with a small party. Of course, this is all stuff that you won't understand because H players are afraid to hunt gdi without a full party :) Maybe SI wouldn't be as much of an issue if you didn't wear PvP gear 24/7. I've survived plenty of ganks on a 107 str/dex on blue small loop during SI because of having high resists. Not to mention, if your attackers have terrible resists during an SI and you have zerk pots you will always outlive them. Getting an SI while doing bosses is unlucky, but that happens to people on L more often than people on H so I don't see where you're going with this.

+Quote Post
Mangor
post Dec 30 2019, 06:20 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Orbiss @ Dec 30 2019, 08:37 PM) *
An H player with an ego, what's new? Many of us on L use SI exclusively for GDI farming. The far right spot is good for one str/dex to solo (bring a healer if you don't know how to play optimally) but if just a couple archers join you will run out of greens. The red spot is a bit better, but can be pretty slow even with a small party. Of course, this is all stuff that you won't understand because H players are afraid to hunt gdi without a full party (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Maybe SI wouldn't be as much of an issue if you didn't wear PvP gear 24/7. I've survived plenty of ganks on a 107 str/dex on blue small loop during SI because of having high resists. Not to mention, if your attackers have terrible resists during an SI and you have zerk pots you will always outlive them. Getting an SI while doing bosses is unlucky, but that happens to people on L more often than people on H so I don't see where you're going with this.

When I hunt GDI I do it solo - with the 7 guys I have remaining. I pick up the gold, fetch a green from the middle then a green SW. I probably get 2% blues, optimal hunting. Most guys don't DPS cos flipping screens that much is way too much effort but 90-95 kills/hour works ok for me. SI just means I'm hunting almost exclusively golds and who wants that.

Red spot is even more about the sequence (right side, left side, above lake). The way I do it I would rarely get 2 dragons on me at a time which meant I usually just did 1 heal at the end and the rest of the time my mage IHed the dragon. If you are sensible no need to spawn the blue&gold on the right side and you can try for the green to the far left but it's risky and too much effort.

When I do BFD I run all 6. I run a guy to the star, log him to save time then every 2 guys I run up I relog everyone so they don't reset to the star. It's about 20 mins running the guys in and some of the guys are <110s, maybe <100, so it can get complicated in a SI.

Graal I did with 1 other person a few times. If you wipe at graal and need to get upto 9 guys ressed, repaired & rebuffed that takes time, but opening the portal is probably the hardest part. I ran 8 at ghost.

I did darkwing with 8 guys, 4 mages. I used to have to pull him upstairs as no way I coordinate getting guys in place downstairs. I semi-wiped twice and it took best part of an hour to recover cos not everyone is very resable.

Thanks for the hunting advice. When you run 6+ it can take 5-10 mins to get everyone in party, adjust loots & screens. As long to buff the party. If you have that many on PVP really isn't a thing you can do, but that's a different story.

If you read and understood the original post you would see I'm not really moaning about SIs, I'm moaning about no SI when one was promised. If I setup for a BFD run, then cancel cos a SI probably makes it too much effort you can imagine how much fun it is waiting and waiting for after a SI that never comes but knowing it could happen any time.

+Quote Post
Dyrankor
post Dec 30 2019, 08:18 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Mangor @ Dec 25 2019, 04:12 PM) *
"Get your asses to safety, SI coming in 5"

mostly nobody wants the SI, H people are usually more grown up so they don't level, they hunt proper mobs and if we want a SI we can do it. Whateves, I get my *** to safety and then nothing. Do it or don't announce it, but please work ou what the hell you are doing cos all these phantom SIs do is make people go do something else.

So your main point is actually the last sentence, not the first 2. Got it. I wonder why people think you're whining about how hard SI's are. If you're not afraid of an SI, why do you get your *** to safety and then sit around?

+Quote Post
Mangor
post Dec 31 2019, 04:24 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Dyrankor @ Dec 31 2019, 02:18 AM) *
So your main point is actually the last sentence, not the first 2. Got it. I wonder why people think you're whining about how hard SI's are. If you're not afraid of an SI, why do you get your *** to safety and then sit around?

Trolling here, doesn't look like you "got it". Maybe read it til you do get it in my words, not yours.

+Quote Post
Venyia
post Dec 31 2019, 09:17 AM
Post #20

Member No.: 2,670

QUOTE(Mangor @ Dec 31 2019, 04:24 AM) *
QUOTE(Dyrankor @ Dec 31 2019, 02:18 AM) *

Trolling here, doesn't look like you "got it". Maybe read it til you do get it in my words, not yours.

lol, who hurt this guy?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2020 - 10:19 AM