Corgan
post Mar 9 2009, 09:48 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,495

QUOTE(lioness @ Feb 28 2009, 11:23 AM) *
come on now,you cant leave us hanging like that

The conclusion of this story is pretty close to done. Just tying up some loose ends.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sparada
post Mar 9 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,700

QUOTE(Corgan @ Mar 9 2009, 09:48 AM) *

The conclusion of this story is pretty close to done. Just tying up some loose ends.

great,cant wait for the end (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Sylith
post Mar 19 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 350

QUOTE(Sparada @ Mar 9 2009, 06:35 PM) *
QUOTE(Corgan @ Mar 9 2009, 09:48 AM) *

great,cant wait for the end :D

I agree. Hurry!

+Quote Post
Corgan
post Mar 27 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Pandora’s Box
Chapter Thirteen – Defeat

The Del' Naav spotted Corgan's rapid advance and smiled slightly to itself. The demon flipped its black blade in its hand and charged the Templar in kind. Both combatants lept into the air and crossed swords. The sound of metal scraping against metal echoed loudly as the two lashed out at one another with lightning speed. Corgan landed and rolled to his feet. The Del' Naav landed softly and stuck to the spot.

"Not bad..." Corgan said with a wry grin.

The Del' Naav turned slowly and looked back at Corgan. Only the demon's glowing yellow eyes pierced the veil of darkness surrounding it. A smile slowly grew below the eyes... savage jagged teeth interlocked with one another in a sinister grin. The Templar tightened his grip on the blade and made ready to charge. The Del' Naav held its hand up and Corgan felt compelled to stop. The action looked so human that it caught Corgan off guard. The demon then tapped its chest with its blade. Corgan looked down.

He was bleeding...

And then came the crippling pain.

-----

Inuyasha rolled quickly out of the way of Thork's clumsy attack. A bolt of searing fire came from seemly nowhere and slammed into the big Orc's chest, sending him sprawling to the ground. Inuyasha didn't even look, he knew Morgan was assisting. With lightning speed he leapt high into the air and came crashing down on Thork's chest, staff first. The force of the blow drove the center blade of the staff strait into Thork's heart. Inu looked back to Morgan and smiled as he tugged his weapon free.

Zemechubon and Kraal slammed into one another and locked blades. Kraal immediately recognized the tactical error he had just made... Zeme was a blacksmith... and quickly the Templar began to overpower the swordmaster. The blades came unlocked, and Zemechubon had gained the upper hand. With one sword he deflected both of Kraal's blades upward, creating an opening. Zem spun his second sword around in his hand and drove it straight into the center of Kraal's chest. The blade stopped with a loud thud as the hilt slammed into Kraal's sternum and knocked the swordmaster to the ground. It was over.

The three Templars quickly regrouped.

"Morgan!" Inuyasha shouted, "Behind you!"

Morgan put a hand up, "Stop! Grant is a friend..."

Inuyasha stayed at the ready, glaring at the shadow behind Morgan.

"There's no time to explain," Morgan said with a flip of her hand, "We need to help Corgan."

"[More than you know...]" Grant said softly.

-----

Corgan felt his consciousness fading as his lifeblood began to seep into the ground. The Del' Naav snapped forward and brought its onyx colored sword around in a horizontal arc. Just as the blade reached Corgan's neck, a force blocked the blow and sent the demon flying backward. The Del' Naav scowled as it scanned to its right... looking for the source. Morgan quickly tapped the runes of her staff and held it high above her head with one arm. She gracefully moved the staff in a full arc and Corgan was lifted into the air. The Del' Naav slowly stood up and glared at the mage, but made no effort to stop her. A moment later Corgan was set back on the ground, fully healed.

He felt well. Morgan had used a very costly healing spell to bring Corgan back from the brink. He spun his blade around in his hand and positioned himself between the Del' Naav and his Templar brethren. The Del' Naav cocked its head to one side, then threw its arms up. Eight more shadows sprung forth from the ground and surrounded Morgan, Inu, Zem and Grant. The four quickly fell into a circle to defend themselves. Corgan looked back and made eye contact with Zem.

"You had better make this one count!" Zemechubon called out, "We're not going to be able to protect Morgan well enough for her to get another high healing spell off!"

Corgan smiled as he turned back to his opponent.

The Del' Naav and Corgan lunged at one another and continued their deadly dance. The Del' Naav had taken Corgan's form, so it looked as though Corgan was fighting his own inky shadow. The two continued to strike and counter one another as both struggled to gain an upper hand. The duel raced forward in Corgan's mind: Horizontal strike, parry, counter, diagonal strike, block, block... it continued on. Corgan's eyes suddenly went wide. His mind raced through every possible move he had left. Nothing. He was off balance... somehow the Del' Naav had led him to start leaning to one side without tipping its hand. Corgan hadn't realized it until it was too late. He only had another five passes before the Del' Naav would have him, and every possibility ended the same... he was beaten.

There has to be an out, Corgan thought.

The Del' Naav countered a strong attack from Corgan by deflecting it wide. Corgan was now stumbling.

A lashing strike from me, a block and counter from him, Corgan dictated in his mind, I will have no balance or power after blocking the counter. He will disarm me by following through on the second pass... then...

Four more passes... Corgan turned with his stumble and took a strong, if easy to read, swing the Del' Naav's way. The Del' Naav effortlessly deflected the blow.

Three more passes...

+Quote Post
Corgan
post Mar 28 2009, 12:22 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Pandora’s Box
Chapter Fourteen – Sacrifice

The night echoed with the sound of steel striking steel. Then... after a long moment... all was silent. The Del'Naav grinned as Corgan struggled to remain conscious. The demon's shadowy sword stuck strait through Corgan's gut and punched through the armor on the other side, and Corgan's blade had slid to a halt several paces away from the fighters.

"You could have blocked that..." The Del' Naav chuckled, "I didn't have you beaten for another two passes."

"I know..." Corgan grimaced.

The Del' Naav looked confused, "Then why?"

"Swordfighting... dueling... is a game of strategy. It's like chess..." Corgan said softly as blood began to flow up from within, "And like chess... the winner of a sword duel isn't necessarily the one who is stronger... the winner is the one who can predict his foe's moves, and force his opponent into a place without an escape."

Corgan looked the shadowy figure in the eyes... and with his left hand, grabbed the shadow's arm at the elbow. The demon looked down, and then noticed something falling through the air a few paces behind Corgan. It was a small black sheath. The sheath bounced on the ground, kicking up the dirt as it settled. Corgan grinned.

"Checkmate."

In a flash Corgan flipped the tanto around in his hand and slammed it into Del'Naav's unarmored side. The demon wailed as the small blade struck him deep. The demon lurched back and fell to its knees. Corgan slumped to the ground as he grasped the black sword still lodged in his gut.

"A... stalemate... Corgan..." The shadowy figure coughed, "Not a victory... for either..."

Corgan struggled to his knees and grasped the blade. The world was growing dark, but he mustered the last of his willpower and braced himself. The Templar cried out in anguish as he slowly pulled the black sword from the wound. Red energy began to swirl around him as Morgan Fey recited one of Veldan's healing spells. All around her were the bodies of the slain shadow demons. The other Templars looked on. Corgan felt the life flowing back into him and with a mighty yell pulled the blade the rest of the way out. As soon as the black sword was clear of the wound it closed up. The dark blade fell to the ground, and the impact sent flecks of blood down into the hungry dirt. The spells rapidly repaired all the damage Corgan had suffered during the fight, and in a few moments he was back on his feet.

"You fell for a sacrifice play, demon," Corgan taunted.

The Templar picked up both his katana and the black sword the Del' Naav had wielded.

"I will not have the last thing I hear in this world be a tortured chess metaphor," hissed the demon.

Corgan looked to the black blade in his left hand. It was strangely beautiful in a terrifying sort of way. A sudden flash of white light emanating from the blade's tip blinded the Templar. It was then that he felt it. He felt the tremendous power the blade possessed. The Del' Naav coughed, spitting forth dark blood.

"I had to... unlock your potential," It sneered, "I had to take your personally honed style and carry it to its logical conclusion."

As his vision returned, Corgan couldn't believe what he felt. Spiritual power flowed through him in a way it never had before. Skills, techniques, attacks and defenses all rushed through his mind. Death by a Dozen Shadows felt like a parlor trick. Skills he had never performed were in his mind as though he had known them his whole life. Shadow Step, The Blade Wall, Sword Rain... attacks he had never learned but for some reason knew. The power was intoxicating.

The Del' Naav smiled, "Enjoy it while you can, Templar... that power dies with me..."

"So I kill you and this power is gone," Corgan said softly.

"Let me live... and the power is yours," The demon said with a cough, "And it would take you 10 lifetimes to become that powerful on your own."

"Well then..." Corgan said with a wry grin, "I guess I had better make this count."

Corgan became a blur. The other Templars could scarcely track him with their eyes. Every so often a shadow would rush through the Del' Naav, who would convulse slightly with the strike. The air was heavy with the sound of rushing wind and metal striking metal. The Del' Naav for the first, last and only time in its life, knew terror. Blades lashed out from nowhere and struck its body, but left no wound. Corgan's image raced around in its peripheral, but he was both there and not there all at once. The Templar's image suddenly snapped to focus. Corgan sailed high in the air in front of the Del' Naav and in his hand he gripped the black katana. The Del' Naav looked strait forward. Corgan's white katana was spinning parallel to the ground, propelled by some force unknown. The demon could do nothing to dodge the attack, it was over.

The spinning blade cleaned the demon's head from its shadowy body, sending a fountain of blood into the air. The severed head rocketed upward as the body collapsed to the ground. Corgan, still high in the air, lurched back and hurled the black katana downward with as much force as he could muster. The black blade spun end over end and buried itself in the center of the demon's chest. The severed head reached its apex and began to descend. Corgan rolled as he landed which carried him neatly over the resting place of his blade. He came up with it in a reverse grip as though he had been holding it the entire time. The demon's head made a sickening thunk as it landed square on the grip of the sword lodged in its dismembered body.

The demon's mutilated corpse looked like a gruesome totem. Its body lay on the ground with its arms stretch out. The demon's black katana was lodged half its length in the center of the demon's chest. And the demon's dead eyes stared out from the decapitated head stuck on the katana's grip.

The Del' Naav... Warrior's Bane... had been slain.

+Quote Post
lioness
post Apr 3 2009, 05:10 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 418

Now that was worth waiting for (IMG:style_emoticons/default/AECbiggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Corgan
post Apr 22 2009, 08:50 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Pandora’s Box
Chapter Fifteen– Dusk

Corgan smiled ever so slightly as he sheathed his blade. He was gald this fight was finally over... but he was giddy with the power flowing through him. Soon, he knew it would be gone... but for the time being he enjoyed it.

"Well... that was impressive," Inuyasha said as he jogged up to his Templar brother.

"How did you know I'd be freed up for the healing spell?" Morgan said with an air of concern, "A few seconds earlier and I would have been too late!"

"Inu," Corgan said without turning, "You beat your foe on the first pass, right?"

Inuyasha raised an eybrow, "I did... but how did you know? You had your hands full with the Del' Naav."

"I gambled," Corgan said matterafactly, "I figured the Del' Naav threw his best at you first. Your favorite opener is deadly to opponents of lesser skill... I hoped you would slay your foe quickly and be able to help Morgan."

"And if I didn't connect?" Inu said.

Corgan turned to Inuyasha, "Then I'd be dead."

"Ahh! You brat!" Morgan scolded as she grabbed him by the ear.

"[Morgan...]" Grant interrupted, "[It is time.]"

Morgan released Corgan's ear and turned to look at Grant's shadowy apporition. Tears began to flow unchecked down the Mother Superior's rosey cheeks. Corgan, Inuasha and Zemechubon, though they could not understand the words, knew what was being said. It was time for Grant to finally rest.

"[Sleep well, Templar]," Morgan whispered, "[Be with your brothers, and tell them each of them dearly.]"

"[Of course, Mother Superior]," Grant said, "[Thank you for freeing me... and I am pleased to see the Templars still fighting strong]"

Grant bowed and saluted. Then, as though he were made of dust, a breeze carried him off and scattered his image to the winds.

"I'm glad that's over," Zem said with a smile.

"Indeed," Corgan replied, "I'm quite tired of ending up in chains every time some..."

Corgan's voice dropped off suddenly. His expression went blank and he collapsed to the ground.

-----

"Where am I...?" Rondaaz asked as he held his head.

"A four second fall from your final resting place," Sark growled.

Rondaak sat in a cage barely large enough for a man to stand in. The cage itself was suspended by a rusted chain over a swirling pit of lava.

"Did you really expect that coup to work," Sark sneered.

"It would have if you had followed orders," Rondaak said softly, "You let the Templar go... you're guilty of treason, little minion. My death will be quick compared to yours."

"First off, the only guards that knew Corgan was even there were slain..." Sark smiled, "And secondly, you are not going to have a quick death."

Sark walked over to the black machine anchoring Rondaak's chain. With a flip of a lever, the cage dropped... by the length of one link in the chain. Rondaak scowled and opened his mouth to say something, but the machine let Rondaak drop another link downward, shutting him up.

"You should have a nice long time to contimplate your impending death," Sark grinned.

"A little cliche' isn't this?" Rondaak asked, sounding a bit scared.

Sark laughed to himself and turned to walk away.

"SARK!" Rondaak bellowed, "You can't do this! I am a necromancer of the high council! SARK!"

-----

"It's gone..." Corgan whispered.

"Morgan! He's awake!" Zemechubon called.

Corgan sat up in bed and stared strait forward. He found that he couldn't concentrate on anything... and his head felt like it had lost a bout with Sam's Devil Brew. Morgan appeared in the doorway, saw Corgan sitting up, ran forward and embrased him.

"You've been asleep for three days, you brat," Morgan said with a sigh.

"I'm sorry, Mother Superior," Corgan said weakly.

"How're you feeling?" Came a voice from the doorway. It was Inuyasha.

"Did Aeris ever 'accidentally' cast mind flay on you?" Corgan said with a grin.

"Oof... that bad, eh?" Inu said with a chuckle, "So I take it the power's gone?"

Corgan nodded solumnly.

"Do you remember anything?"

Corgan didn't answer for a long while, "I remember the attacks... and I remember the names... but how they were performed is completely gone."

"Well... that's not all bad," Zemechubon said with a smile, "Goals, my friend... goals. Not all of us are lucky enough to get a glimpse of our potential."

Corgan nodded again, this time though he did feel better.

"Can you stand?" Morgan asked.

"Maybe..." Corgan answered.

Suddenly, Corgan's eyes went wide. He turned his nose upward a bit and took in a deep breath. Then, in a flash, he was out of bed and out the door. Inuyasha barely stepped aside in time.

"Is he..." Inu started.

Morgan chuckld, "He's fine... I think he smelled Yavanna's stew cooking..."

Zem chuckled, "Aye... he's going to be just fine."

+Quote Post
Corgan
post Apr 22 2009, 08:54 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Wow... so between rewrites and me not playing the game, this story has been in my head going on 5 years:

Time: December 9th, 2004 - April 22nd, 2009
Length: 43 Pages

+Quote Post
lioness
post Apr 23 2009, 03:54 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 418

but a fascinating story i might add

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2019 - 08:14 PM