Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Newbie asking for advice on armors
Wedge
post Jan 9 2014, 11:50 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,884

Hi I have some doubts about the character stats.

I'm on valinor trying to optimize my gear to fight the last 2 bosses, I have a fighter type char with 25 str and 12 con, dex and int are on 6 including equipment bonusses, also 80 armor with 2%blunt and 3%pierce resistance.

I have created the decorative armor wich gives me 17 protection, but one of the goblin shaman runts just dropped a rusty steel chestplate wich gives me only 15 but +1 str, -2 int and 5% cut resistance.

I guess the 5% cut resistance might be very good against bone snarl, but against frump, is the str gain good enough to compensate against the 2 armor points?

Thanks a lot!

Also when using food should I focus on increasing dex or more str and con?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Inevitability
post Jan 10 2014, 09:15 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,804

If you are using melee weapons (Besides SB) I would suggest putting all of your orbs into str for maximum damage. However, when I played there I found that it is very easy to kill frump and bonesnarl as a pure archer because you can kite Bone and you can trap yourself with goblin runts to kill frump. But if you want to be able to tank them warrior is definitely the way to go. But remember, the bosses were designed for people to go as a group so I would encourage you to bring some friends along.

+Quote Post
Fellnelm
post Jan 10 2014, 10:34 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,324

Small stat bonuses from equipment don't make a huge difference but Rusty Plate is going to be better overall (5%cut) than the Decorative Armor.

There is free Orb Reset NPC that stands just left of the North-West town gate next to Moog (the roasting orc.) I strongly suggest you utilize this feature before moving to the mainlands.
If you not going to b a magic user, don't bother with assigning any orbs to Int. As with armor, tiny stat raises do not have a huge effect on game mechanics (think 5's and 10's.)
Also, for the most part, gear you can equip at higher levels is largely based on the orbs you have assigned and having one or two orbs stuck in a useless (for any certain build) stat will be a big setback.

+Quote Post
Wedge
post Jan 15 2014, 11:58 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,884

Thanks a lot for the answers!!

I'll try to use the kite option on bone snarl and the blocking with frump.

I won't be bringin a group just because I don't see that many people online on my server, from reading the forums I think it's because most people play on the legends (I'm on Heroes)

I was trying to help a few people so we could go, but I'm mostly alone here XD.

Thanks again!!

+Quote Post
Falconblade
post Jan 15 2014, 03:36 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,564

Hardly anyone plays on Valinor, once you leave there you'll find lots more people

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th October 2019 - 07:39 AM