Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Game Updates, Something you all need to know...
Angeline Silverf...
post Nov 24 2017, 03:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 900

Oneeye, while not able to focus 100% at this game, is still a center piece of the game. Give him a break, let him decide when the next update/expansion will occur. Remember, we are Ashen Empires, we stick together when other games tear each other down. Our client/server base is the best online and has been for a decade and then some.

Also, can we add a couple columns to the guild list sometime? MAIN (with name to the right linked to the main) and Last Time Online?

I would love to see that to help me clean out my guild list.

Enjoy all and remember "In service to one another we remain free" - SED IoTR Leadership
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hephaistion
post Nov 24 2017, 03:46 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 740

QUOTE(OneEye @ Dec 24 2015, 06:44 AM) *
We are readying a newsletter to be sent out to all the subscribers, but in the meantime, you guys can see the content below.

--------------------------------------------------------
(IMG:http://pixelminegames.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/News_Winter2015.jpg)
(IMG:http://pixelminegames.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/latticedesignbar.jpg)
Hello Ashen Empires Fans!

We have some exciting news for 2016! We are readying Ashen Empires to be submitted to Steam for Greenlight.

How will this help the game? Steam is the premier PC game service and has 90 million plus members. With Ashen Empires in their catalog, it will increase the visibility of the game which will provide a boost in the number of players. More players means more developer support will be possible as we move the game forward.

What is Steam Greenlight? Steam Greenlight is a system that enlists the community's help in picking some of the new games to be released on Steam.

What can you do to help? First, we want to capture movies of Ashen Empires gameplay with lots of different players online. We also will grab some new screenshots showing our top players in action. This will help Steam users who are unfamiliar with the game get a real taste of what it's all about. To do this we would like you to log in and play. To give a bit of incentive, we will offer ONE MONTH FREE of VIP time if you log in and play over the weekend of January 9th and 10th.

We will send out another newsletter when we have turned on our Steam Greenlight submission. At that time we will ask that you go to our Steam page (we will share a link) and vote for Ashen Empires to be greenlit and added to the Steam Library.

Don't worry, Ashen Empires will remain FREE TO PLAY. If you haven't played in awhile, you should jump in and get your skills up to par. You can download the game launcher to start playing within minutes -- or jump into the conversation on the forums.

When the Greenlight is accepted there will be a new UPDATE to the game made available. We know that many of you have waited a very long time for a big update to the game. We won't spoil too many of the details but several things that players have been lo(n)ging for for a very lo(n)g time will be included.

If you don't have a Steam account, you can create one now and download the Steam client by clicking this link. It's FREE, so there is absolutely no risk to you.

Thanks for all of your support!

The Pixel Mine Staff

(IMG:http://pixelminegames.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/footerbar.jpg)

2 years ago we were promised an update to the game and to be put on steam for more exposure. He has made posts and ingame chats about will be done. Made all this hype to get players playing again. And then nothing happened. It's been months since he has even posted here. Support tickets are not being taken care of. There has been 0 communication. Most of the time VIP is forgotten to be given out. Alot of players have done most of what there is to do, and what's left gets boring af. This is why players are upset. He clearly doesn't care about the game anymore, only enough to keep the servers paid for. All there ever is are excuses if anything. I used to defend the guy, figured life had overrun him. But he can't even take 5 minutes to post on here about whats going on. I have never seen a community ran in such a way. There are people willing to buy the game, work on coding for free, donate, pretty much do anything that will bring the game alive again. I wish he could see how devoted some of us are and be more willing to work on it.

+Quote Post
soulmage
post Nov 26 2017, 11:13 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,293

QUOTE(Angeline Silverfire @ Nov 24 2017, 03:04 PM) *
Oneeye, while not able to focus 100% at this game, is still a center piece of the game. Give him a break, let him decide when the next update/expansion will occur. Remember, we are Ashen Empires, we stick together when other games tear each other down. Our client/server base is the best online and has been for a decade and then some.

Also, can we add a couple columns to the guild list sometime? MAIN (with name to the right linked to the main) and Last Time Online?

I would love to see that to help me clean out my guild list.

Enjoy all and remember "In service to one another we remain free" - SED IoTR Leadership

Liberal confirmed

+Quote Post
Fujitsu
post Nov 26 2017, 12:05 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,595

Here's another huge slap in the face.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/675230/Secondhand_Lands/

A game that they sold off years ago has made it onto Steam.

GG #ripPIXELMINEGAMES

+Quote Post
kamakaze
post Nov 28 2017, 09:39 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,343

yea it only takes a couple of minutes at a time to post anything on the forums..
he refuses to do so, seems hes completely turned his back on the players

+Quote Post
Maxdeffect
post Nov 28 2017, 02:02 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,461

Ive been playing this game off and on for 15 years and i have never seen this game fall so far down the drain. Its possible to keep the game running and make profit for it but this game needs exposre badly if it wants to survive another 5 years.

Steam is a good idea but i have a feeling there might be some stipulations on that happening. 1st would be player base and number of servers to take in all the new players that steam will generate. 2nd would be that steam needs to make a profit too and if pixel mine is the company maintaining and running AE then its safe to assume that pixel mine doesnt want a piece of the pie to go. Pixel mine doesnt own AE just provides services and steam does the same thing. The token system was devised by pixel mine so making it a trade mark product and steam makes noney on the micro transactions so there might be a conflict on that front.

If Oneeye did go with steam as a hosting service and for token micro transactions then he would have to move all services including the launcher to steam and pixel mine which owns the token system would cry bloody murder.

I think oneeye should just move all services to steam and come up with a new micro transaction system while not deleting everyones toons, gear and expansions but it would be expensive.

Just a theory of course

+Quote Post
sick
post Nov 28 2017, 06:14 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,116

Some guy was complaining about his tokens not being processed. Took months apparently of waiting and tickets were never answered. He finally reported it to the BBB.

They weren't able to help him. The business contact information is non existent. They pretty much told him he's SOL because PMG is a shady business.

With this type of reputation you can only assume that PMG/OE is just riding out this horse until it dies.

They only thing keeping this game going are the handful of people, and once they stop paying VIP you can safely assume this game will be shut down.

Doing no work and deceiving your customers for almost a decade kind of speaks for itself. Just keeping the light switch on generates some revenue at least and that's how it has been for years and years now.

+Quote Post
Zerzil
post Nov 29 2017, 07:44 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 673

He should pitch the game to his current employer. It's a solid addictive game that has HUGE potential. With the backing of a decent development team this game or maybe a new game like Ashen Empires II would be a hit. Any game that can last 5 yrs without being "touched" and still have paying customers must be a winner.

Quest log?

+Quote Post
reikoshea
post Nov 29 2017, 11:54 AM
Post #9

Ashen Empires Tech Wizard

Member No.: 325

His current employer? hahahha, they don't seem the type to support a game like this....but there are micro transactions, and that does get them giddy downstairs, so who knows.

+Quote Post
Fujitsu
post Nov 29 2017, 07:18 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,595

I'm almost curious as to how many people have a recurring subscription that no longer play and are completely unaware that money is being taken from them still....

Food for thought...

+Quote Post
kamakaze
post Dec 2 2017, 07:39 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 3,343

this is my theory, i think ive said it before.. could be wrong but this is what i think is wrong.

there must be hundreds of thousands of tokens in the game just being used as game currency and not being spent, if he were to ever release an update he wouldnt make much money as most people either have tokens spare lying around or can get a hold of tokens without having to put their hands in their pockets,

unless he made it out pay outright for an update, they have always been token bought though so making people pay outright would be a con.

this might not be the whole reason but its a good reason to have no motivation to release content.

+Quote Post
noobys
post Dec 13 2017, 02:07 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,267

He lives in Singapore now his Twitter is active as well

+Quote Post
Mangor
post Dec 14 2017, 10:08 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,429

This thread is delusional.

OE has about 0.01% commitment to this game. There is no update coming, it isn't happening. If you still enjoy the game enough to log in occasionally just be grateful the servers are still running.

QUOTE(kamakaze @ Dec 3 2017, 01:39 AM) *
there must be hundreds of thousands of tokens in the game just being used as game currency and not being spent, if he were to ever release an update he wouldnt make much money as most people either have tokens spare lying around or can get a hold of tokens without having to put their hands in their pockets,

Not true. Tokens are getting cancelled out of circulation by VIP, server moves, no drops, PPHs, new accounts etc... The people spending the most tokens at the AE store might not be the ones buying them but that doesn't matter those tokens are being bought and being cancelled off.

Also people coming back will find they aren't really as geared as they thought. I quit about 2.5 years ago, came back a year ago. I thought I was geared to the gills and had 4-5k tokens but burned through 2k in no time. VIPs, orb resets and finding that actually you don't have all the gear and now everyone really does have a full E set, Sott, lance, sling, GD set etc and items need no drops and dual logging is the new L105, you need more accounts all fully geared to account for a lack of players now.

Get a simple update and any decent reason for people to return and those tokens would evaporate overnight and others would be buying them.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th December 2017 - 02:44 PM