> The Big "Before Christmas" News
OneEye
post Dec 24 2015, 05:44 AM
Post #1

Chief Creative Officer
Group Icon

Group: Pixel Mine
Member No.: 21

We are readying a newsletter to be sent out to all the subscribers, but in the meantime, you guys can see the content below.

--------------------------------------------------------
(IMG:http://pixelminegames.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/News_Winter2015.jpg)
(IMG:http://pixelminegames.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/latticedesignbar.jpg)
Hello Ashen Empires Fans!

We have some exciting news for 2016! We are readying Ashen Empires to be submitted to Steam for Greenlight.

How will this help the game? Steam is the premier PC game service and has 90 million plus members. With Ashen Empires in their catalog, it will increase the visibility of the game which will provide a boost in the number of players. More players means more developer support will be possible as we move the game forward.

What is Steam Greenlight? Steam Greenlight is a system that enlists the community's help in picking some of the new games to be released on Steam.

What can you do to help? First, we want to capture movies of Ashen Empires gameplay with lots of different players online. We also will grab some new screenshots showing our top players in action. This will help Steam users who are unfamiliar with the game get a real taste of what it's all about. To do this we would like you to log in and play. To give a bit of incentive, we will offer ONE MONTH FREE of VIP time if you log in and play over the weekend of January 9th and 10th.

We will send out another newsletter when we have turned on our Steam Greenlight submission. At that time we will ask that you go to our Steam page (we will share a link) and vote for Ashen Empires to be greenlit and added to the Steam Library.

Don't worry, Ashen Empires will remain FREE TO PLAY. If you haven't played in awhile, you should jump in and get your skills up to par. You can download the game launcher to start playing within minutes -- or jump into the conversation on the forums.

When the Greenlight is accepted there will be a new UPDATE to the game made available. We know that many of you have waited a very long time for a big update to the game. We won't spoil too many of the details but several things that players have been lo(n)ging for for a very lo(n)g time will be included.

If you don't have a Steam account, you can create one now and download the Steam client by clicking this link. It's FREE, so there is absolutely no risk to you.

Thanks for all of your support!

The Pixel Mine Staff

(IMG:http://pixelminegames.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/footerbar.jpg)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Dropsun
post Dec 24 2015, 06:00 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,656

> To give a bit of incentive, we will offer ONE MONTH FREE of VIP time if you log in and play over the weekend of January 9th and 10th.

Will this extend to Dransik players? You've not mentioned anything about Dransik at all, yet. I assume it'll be fine and dandy alongside AE?

+Quote Post
YoYo
post Dec 24 2015, 06:01 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,443

What will this mean for Dransik?

+Quote Post
SoulHarvester
post Dec 24 2015, 06:23 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 464

Great news, looking forward for that :)

+Quote Post
SilverKNite
post Dec 24 2015, 06:45 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 272

Will we be able to use Sandboxie on Steam - play more than one account?

+Quote Post
Pbpredator
post Dec 24 2015, 07:14 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,354

You guys bring a whole new level to trolling. Every Christmas we hear about the update finally being released. This year you decide to finally take the advice to green light. Instead of making this announcement via forum or news letter, maybe, just maybe... you could spend an hour updating the AE website and make the announcement there... I'm sure the new players will love reading through the posts from 2009 and all, but maybe something more relevant would suit them. Maybe give the perception that this game hasn't been dead for 7+ years.

+Quote Post
SilverKNite
post Dec 24 2015, 07:22 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 272

QUOTE(Pbpredator @ Dec 24 2015, 07:14 AM) *
You guys bring a whole new level to trolling. Every Christmas we hear about the update finally being released. This year you decide to finally take the advice to green light. Instead of making this announcement via forum or news letter, maybe, just maybe... you could spend an hour updating the AE website and make the announcement there... I'm sure the new players will love reading through the posts from 2009 and all, but maybe something more relevant would suit them. Maybe give the perception that this game hasn't been dead for 7+ years.

Some of us play every day so someone saying the game is dead is misleading to say the least - if you don't want to play just stop - you will be the one "Dead" not the game or us who play it

+Quote Post
Zepharius
post Dec 24 2015, 07:32 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 4,164

(N)?!

+Quote Post
SoulHarvester
post Dec 24 2015, 07:35 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 464

QUOTE(SilverKNite @ Dec 24 2015, 03:22 PM) *
QUOTE(Pbpredator @ Dec 24 2015, 07:14 AM) *

Some of us play every day so someone saying the game is dead is misleading to say the least - if you don't want to play just stop - you will be the one "Dead" not the game or us who play it

I think he wants to point out that latest news were posted "Wednesday, March 25, 2009", meaning the game might seem dead for 6+ years and new people might end up closing the site. They need to start releasing some news there too :)

+Quote Post
OneEye
post Dec 24 2015, 07:41 AM
Post #10

Chief Creative Officer
Group Icon

We don't use the AE website for updating news. The news page there has been disabled for some time. You can find the latest news here, on Facebook or on the Pixel Mine site.

+Quote Post
OneEye
post Dec 24 2015, 07:52 AM
Post #11

Chief Creative Officer
Group Icon

We will update the news archive to make it more clear that news is not posted there.

Thanks for the heads up.

+Quote Post
Theforgotone
post Dec 24 2015, 08:23 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,339

Answer the damn question.. what will this mean for dransik?

+Quote Post
OneEye
post Dec 24 2015, 08:46 AM
Post #13

Chief Creative Officer
Group Icon

There will be no change for Dransik.

+Quote Post
Akhenaton
post Dec 24 2015, 10:29 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,078

Im really glad to hear this.

BUT, it doesn't change the fact that the game should receive more attention FROM THE DEV TEAM. Not going to smash the same button over and over.

Besides that, some news years promotional discounts should occur or even you should try to work out with mmorpg.com(and/or other mmo sites) and do some give aways.

"What kind if giveaways?" I dont know. Maybe cosmetic items, maybe a tiny survival pack for the weaklings(me), etc.

+Quote Post
Succubus
post Dec 24 2015, 11:05 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 304

And there was much rejoicing! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/AECbiggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Iorthunger
post Dec 24 2015, 12:26 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,024

Now that there has been more information provided on this change - I can say that I'm very happy to hear this!
Can't make any promises, but, i'll try to logon periodically and much more often to help the new-comers that this will bring!

Poro Pojat went pretty well for the time it was active. Would be cool to restart it if anyone is interested.
QUOTE(Iorthunger @ Sep 30 2013, 06:36 PM) *
On a more serious note: I would like to get a group together to help out the next generation of players. It seems like a lot of new folks are getting ignored or killed.
The player population is much to fragile to not help, or worse, harass the newer guys.

Now, I'm not very active and unfortunately have very limited time for the game nowadays, so I can only do so much. Of course, when possible I'll log on and do what I can to help out.

If successful, this guild will NOT be NAPED with any of the new ''top dogs'' on H. There will be PVP at least on my part which will most likely put whoever joins at a higher risk of getting attacked. Hopefully, there will be enough helpful guys in guild to avoid discouragement.

My goal for this guild is to get the new players involved, As well as teaching the new generation vital organization skills on the battle field.

Anyway, if this sounds interesting to any of you guys just starting out or old vets wanting to help, get it contact with me.

+Quote Post
Artorius
post Dec 24 2015, 12:55 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 6,349

Great news...thank you.

+Quote Post
Dire Elf
post Dec 24 2015, 03:52 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 6,398

You've got my vote. As a long-term heavy MMO goer, the biggest drawback has been the limited playerbase. I remember this game during beta and how packed the world was. I hope to see it achieve this again. The game is superb to most MMO's with the amount of content and character development offered. That being said, I plan on pushing this through greenlight the moment it is up! Finally happy to see some news I can be excited for!

+Quote Post
Davey
post Dec 24 2015, 04:49 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,157

OneEye, does the video have to be explicitly gameplay footage? Or could you make like a montage video?

The reason I ask is because you could capture different elements of gameplay into a video montage with text on screen about the basics.

I'm no expert in video making, but I have an image in my head of stages of the video.

"Pixelmine Games Presents"
"Ashen Empires (formerly known as Dransik)"
"Created in 1998, now free to play with VIP options"
Video shows the character select screen, and someone picking out their character and logging in.
Video snippets of various elements being shown:
Crafting, Fighting, Party hunting, Guilds, Housing, PVP, Sailing, Questing, Boss hunts, different terrains (caves, snow, lava, desert, etc.)
And then the video ends with: "Try it today free!"

If anyone has anything to add to that, feel free! This could be a very different future for AE, so lets make this work.

+Quote Post
Davey
post Dec 24 2015, 05:19 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,157

I honestly think that if you make a deal about the age of the game, then that will be a winning ticket. People will feel some assurance that it's been around for years.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2018 - 03:04 PM