Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Howdy.some mage questions.
Wich Mage is BEST PvP ?
Wich Mage is best in PvP
Battlemage [ 1 ] ** [8.33%]
Int-Con Mage [ 7 ] ** [58.33%]
Int-Dex Mage [ 1 ] ** [8.33%]
Pit Mage [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
screw you newb DragonMagus my Santa Claus mage hybrid is better and i can role-play Santa breakdancing on a half-pipe [ 3 ] ** [25.00%]
Total Votes: 11
Guests cannot vote 
DragonMagus
post Aug 21 2011, 10:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,967

Howdy
From what i've heard some things are outdated...like ae auction ( tough some say it's not haha well a few years when i used to play there were lots of auctions,now i see from zero to 30 auctions per server...SAD )
So,anyway..wanted to know wich mage build is best pvp.
I am making a char Dex 101 int 100 str 15 con 15 ( yes i will reset those after buying expansion,to make it 30 con for gold dragon armor) - he will weild icehammer or i was thinkin bow of the unknown is better,for twisting roots and other stuff,it is just a little weaker than icehammer,has minus 10 max damage and to hit,but with flame/ice/disease arrows that can be fixed,and it has 6 rune slots compared to the 5 icehammer has

Eragon will be hmm wanted to make him Battlemage but will be Sott i think and i will rename the SoTT Brisingr :X (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (no the Eragon movie didnt suck,maybe compared to the book but that's what they all do compared to the books because you cant put so many pages into a movie.Jeremy Irons and other actors rock in Eragon movie so whateve' ..and fantasy genre can always be copied/inspired from somewhere while you can't make a Terminator with machinegun instead of shotgun)

Thor Asgard will be battlemage with hammer of the ancient gods (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

DragonMagus will be int-con and i think pvp they are quite good especially with some regen totems and other tricks.
Odisseus will be str con archer/blader 2h or 1h+shield depends. ( and i'll see if i can get any weap with runeslots since Odisseus was cunning hehe)
And if during farming i will get some pit fiend armor,i will test a Pit Mage with crossbow of mana,idk not sure yet since it has only 3 runeslots heh i might try those 2bows build cursestriker and the +11 int bow on swap.

Any suggestions on sites like AE auction but better and wich mage is best pvp and why? ( can be 1 vs 1 ,prob int-con is hardest to kill,or AoE..or best NUKE damage)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BangorStoneshaft
post Aug 21 2011, 01:24 PM
Post #2

Group: Valinor Welcoming Committee
Member No.: 5,966

It depends purely on your own preferences. Do you want to be at the back of the group during pvp most of the time healing or do you want to be up front where the action is. Some people who have played mages long enough and are con-mage are able to do this by utilizing their hotbars fast enough to switch from attack spells to healing spells. Battlemages are good for being on the front lines running in and hitting a few times with their melee weapons while casting one of the more powerful "instant" spells (smashing fist or darkmatter) and then running back to heal themselves quickly before getting too low in health. Dexmages can run, select a target and dip back a bit to bow them down while casting healing spells on their allies. Every build does have its own pros and cons when it comes to pvp. Each one is able to max their mage resistances for pvp, the con mage is able to get max resistance in poison and disease on top of that. Battlemages can have maximum melee and mage resistances. Dexmages can have maximum arrow, magic missile and mage resistances.

So it is a tough choice when strictly dealing with pvp. You may like being con-mage for the extra hp and health regeneration for everyday hunting but the battlemage or dex mage would be more appealing to you in pvp. But I recommend playing around with the mage build itself first, meaning going pure intelligence before actually selecting your secondary orb. And ask around while in the game, a lot of mages are happy to give their opinions on the builds available to them.

+Quote Post
Dyrankor
post Aug 22 2011, 05:07 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 761

Most mages who rely on some weapon, be it a bow, hammer, or staff of elemental mastery, also rely on a backup 8-slot wand that they keep in their backpack.

So, while the Icehammer -does- have fewer rune slots, the extra damage it inflicts (in addition to the special attack, which doesn't register in the DPS counter), more than makes up for this. If you need to cast a certain spell, switch quickly to your wand, cast, and switch back to your bow.

Inevitably, whatever your primary weapon, you'll want to keep a backup wand on hand so that you can fully buff yourself and cast spells like Chlorojet.

+Quote Post
DragonMagus
post Aug 23 2011, 12:10 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 5,967

Ahh..i have dex bonus,and i checked AE Auction the wands with 8 slots need 101 int (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) that + 1 faction bonus can't be changed right?Don't worry on that char i will use bow a lot anyway prob bow of the unknown,or now u really made me wanna use icehammer,and maybe bow on swap..or a staff 100 int 8 slots (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) since i wont be using shields anyway with bow and stuff. hmm k 101 int prob solved (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .
Yes on Thor Asgard i will get hammer of the ancient gods (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) :D and make it a battlemage
Eragon wanted that to be the battlemage initially but i will make Sott build to it, idk should eragon be a battlemage too?100 str 30 dex 100 int?and sott+shield,and a wand on swap?(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) i mean what the heck a mage is a mage.......imho...maybe darksword is worth it or idk...i think the battlemage needs 30 con more than 30 dex for Sott.AND i think sott's heal special is based on dex?so best sott build is str 100 dex 100 con 30 (idk bout bonus 1 prob str) right?(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) so it specials more..idk i guess i can buff the dex quite a lot from 30...and with items...

edited: oh and a retard wanted to sell me Blackbloom Staff
http://www.aeauction.com/ItemDB.asp?ItemID=1313
FOR 5 TOKENS omfg it's a staff for level 20 mage weaps,4 slots..how retarded can that dude(forgot the name) be to think a new player would have 250 k or 5 freakin tokens to pay for that?lool (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif)

+Quote Post
Dyrankor
post Aug 23 2011, 03:29 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 761

Yeah, most 8-slot wands DO require 101 INT, but the Shark Spine Wand only requires 100. But yes, there are also a bunch of 8-slot staff weapons that you can equip with just 100 INT (the Staff of Kuthos' Might comes to mind).

You can change your +1 bonus with City Faction Reset in the token shop.. think it's about 40 tokens. I don't do it lightly, though. Make sure you want to do it, first. Icehammer will require 101 DEX anyway.. so if you plan on being more archer-oriented (which I recommend), with supplementary heals, buffs and spells, keep the DEX.

As for the pros and cons of being 30 DEX versus 30 CON, I can give you more details about the DEX side, and Tetsujin can tell you about CON BMs. Personally I prefer the DEX for the SotT, GBoL, and Ring Mail of Death--all of which you can do just fine without as a BM. Coming from someone who has a battlemage, an archer, an agon and a dex mage... don't have two characters with the same build. Mix it up a little.. after all, variety is the spice of life...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st November 2019 - 07:48 AM