DEV Zarquon
post Oct 8 2019, 06:59 PM
Post #1

Chief Operations Officer
Group Icon

Group: Pixel Mine
Member No.: 18

All,

These three months have went by so fast. Here is a quick update on the status of the next release.
  • I've got steam login and server selection in my development environment. Have to move it to Production yet for testing. This is proving harder than usual, for unknown reasons at this moment. After finishing this, we will have some other small integrations such as account binding and token purchasing, but that can come later.
  • Before we push to steam, we want to make a balance pass, 10-20 most annoying bug fixes, and have the quest log working.
  • Currently FujiQ and I have been concentrating on the quest log. We have all but a few done. Those being left are the book quests, dynamic quests, and the trainer quests. After we finish testing these internally, we will either spin up a new server for testing or just cross our fingers and upgrade H & L. Not sure how we are going to do it yet. (this might just fit in to the next point)
  • We will be looking at moving the servers to a new ISP for a better experience for all.
This all takes time, but I'll see if I can have FujiQ post some screens of the quest log and gather some of the needed balances/bug fixes.
Thanks all for being patient.
-Zarq
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SendrithDuthjack
post Oct 8 2019, 07:35 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 662

Neat; glad to see that there's some action. That quest log should be a great addition.

Thanks Zarq

Yeah I haven't checked the forum here for months and I find it funny that you just posted and I'm here reading.

+Quote Post
noobys
post Oct 8 2019, 10:01 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,267

Can a SoTT be dropped as well from a non boss npc ?

+Quote Post
Dern Ironskull
post Oct 9 2019, 10:46 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 556

That is some great news, thanks for the update!

As for something that is quest/bug/annoying... The Heart Blade quest

Doesn't seem to be a way to talk to the guy if the town is Lotorian, but that may be intended.
I've seen other forum posts say that it can't be completed because the vessel of Isos can't be attacked.

A big part of the annoyance factor is that the Heart Blade is 1 of only 2 lvl 100 SB you can use as a str/con with a shield. The other one requires 32k dragon kills.
Can we get some other SB options, or some assurance that the Herculean effort it will take to do this quest will result in a completed quest?

+Quote Post
DEV Zarquon
post Oct 9 2019, 06:17 PM
Post #5

Chief Operations Officer
Group Icon

Group: Pixel Mine
Member No.: 18

We are going thru every quest and testing that they do complete, as they will all be in the quest log. If there is a problem, this will be the time to fix it.
-Zarq

+Quote Post
Orno
post Oct 10 2019, 09:53 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,771

Amazing news, can't wait

+Quote Post
sholeen
post Oct 12 2019, 06:48 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 389

thank you for the update Dev Zarquon, looking forward to seeing some screen shots =D

+Quote Post
Dyrankor
post Oct 12 2019, 11:09 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 761

Outstanding! The most glaring bug that I encounter every time I play is the hotslot bug (especially runes and potions graying out).

Are you folks taking any suggestions for the Content Creator? (i.e. water and grass tiles)

+Quote Post
noobys
post Oct 12 2019, 11:31 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,267

Zarq still not able to inbox u on here says There is no such member lol.

+Quote Post
Norco
post Oct 14 2019, 12:52 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 493

Does this mean I should go on another suggestion spree again?

+Quote Post
Arazel
post Oct 14 2019, 07:16 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 574

(Tried to PM this but was not able to)

Kind of late to the party but... why Zarq? You could have worked with them and had a separate game like WoW did with Classic. There is a demand for the old ISO game. It's just extra money in the bank. I would come back to the game in a heartbeat if you had official servers up. Maybe take a poll and see what direction the community wants to take. I am disappointed. I used to love this game before OE tried to turn it into mini-WoW. Only you have the power to save the game. I am willing to wait and see what you have in store, but I really miss the old days of hardcore sandbox MMOs. Do the right thing, Zarq, and either bring back the old days or reverse direction on the current game.

Does anyone really care about Steam or a quest log? Maybe that one guy... :/

-Arazel

+Quote Post
Norco
post Oct 15 2019, 09:25 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 493

QUOTE(Arazel @ Oct 15 2019, 02:16 AM) *
Does anyone really care about Steam or a quest log? Maybe that one guy... :/

-Arazel

Guess I'm that one guy xD Lack of quest log is actually one of the main reasons many I know gave up on the game.

+Quote Post
7point62mm
post Oct 15 2019, 09:37 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,712

Yes. Exactly. I quit the game because there was no quest log. Had nothing to with lack of development and empty promises for over a decade. All my other friends quit too because they couldn't handle not knowing how many triddles they had left to kill.

+Quote Post
gagarila
post Oct 16 2019, 02:51 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 1,669

Hello,

I have been thinking about trying to contact someone from the DEV team or owners.
But since there was a rly long quiet period it sort of detered me from doing so.
I wanted to ask if it was possible to volunteer as a helping hand with coding stuff for the game.
I used to love playing the game and would love to help with making it active again.

-Arrow Spliter from L

+Quote Post
Dyrankor
post Oct 17 2019, 09:20 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 761

QUOTE(Arazel @ Oct 14 2019, 06:16 PM) *
Do the right thing, Zarq, and either bring back the old days or reverse direction on the current game.

The "right thing" is obviously subjective. Just because there aren't many players in the current game does not mean that there is no demand for it, as you implied. People were likely drawn back to the ISO because there was a team actively promising development, instead of just one or two people working on small features (from our perspective anyway).

Edit: Don't get me wrong, though, I've missed the pre-DS days as much as anybody. I just wish it had been done the right (i.e. legal) way.

+Quote Post
Bluntmonger
post Oct 18 2019, 09:12 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 4,202

I dont know if this has been covered or not but can you guys fix the 1 minute exaggerated lag that happens when you first hover over legends or heroes server plzkthxkbai

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2019 - 01:08 PM