Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Returning Player - My Perspective, Returning player interpreting everything I've read online
Reppot
post Jan 29 2020, 05:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,655

Hey all, old player who was looking into coming back here. Been reading a lot online about the game, and also logged in the other day on the Heroes server. I played frequently up until the place to hunt was the spectral place where you could get an sbod, but started when the server was still called Dransik New World. I'm finally ready to play an MMO again, and have been disappointed with what I've found online. This lead me to download AE again to see how populated the game was. I had a few initial thoughts:

1. My computer is hooked up to my big screen, and I'd need a set of binoculars to actually see what's going on (obviously you can't increase the the # of pixels to maintain a competitive balance, but we can't make the pixels bigger or something?)

2. In about an hour of playing I ran into 3 people, 2 of whom were AFK. One guy insisted no one bank sits on Heroes, but that totally wasn't true way back when which leads me to believe there are very few players still on there.

After being fairly disappointed with that experience I came online and started googling/scanning the forums. It looks like a lot of people have been in the same boat as me, have come back and found it's dead, and then left again. That got me thinking, wouldn't it be great if I could just buy the game? I've got a fair bit saved and could possibly afford it, and saw that a few threads along these lines have been made already--can anyone who has been interested in buying the game chime in and say what your experience was there? I didn't see any responses in the "let me buy AE" threads. This situation got me thinking of another browser game I used to play where the creator got busy with life and instead of selling held onto his dying game and never updated it simply because a small group of core users kept paying for VIP which probably brings in a bit of cash for him every month (I get the feeling that could be what's going on here too).

If this game ever does get put on Steam (and you can actually play at a decent resolution), I think we may see a good amount of people return as most of the games out there are either trash, or just aren't the same style. Or maybe they should just sell it to someone who will do something with it (like those Dransik Rebirth people--the idea of going back to a version of the game where holy equip was #1 appeals to me, I loved the game back then).

If you read my essay, thanks for reading. It sounds like even the most loyal players are starting to give up on the game (which is really sad). Still lots of potential here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Katharos
post Jan 29 2020, 05:53 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,147

Game's dead, the devs do not care at all anymore. There are maybe 20-30 active players during peak and that's pushing it.

+Quote Post
Mangor
post Feb 2 2020, 02:16 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,429

Probably me that told you nobody bank sits. As a person who has played on and off for years I'm probably better qualified than you to know that. Check out the scry bug to see why but on heroes people keep their whereabouts on the low down.

I guess it really depends on what you call activity. For a 18 year old game I'd call end-game bosses being killed activity, whereas if you mean 10 guys levelling in hell then yeah none of that.

As for buying it - maybe assume everyone who posted hat before is a time waster and the owners are sick of time wasters - so what makes you different? I reckon if you sent them a picture of $100,000 in a suitcase you would probably get a conversation, doubt you would get it for that though. I also wonder how any of the people who wanted to buy it feel they could add more value than the current bunch bearing in mind most probably aren't software dvelopers, especially not in whatever this was coded in years ago.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th November 2020 - 04:55 PM