Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Avast damaged nFring installation
Ferian
post Jul 28 2013, 11:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,755

Since 1 year I'm using nFring together with Visual Studio 2008 for my Red Orchestra 2 (hobby) projects. 'Till yesterday I didn't have any major issues, but when I yesterday tried to open my project, then avast AV did give me a warning about one of the nFring files being "bad". After that I got the error message '...\RedOrchestra2.ucproj' cannot be opened because its project type (.ucproj) is not supported by this version of the application. Added an exclusion to avast AV, reinstalled nFring, but the error stayed. Uninstalled VS2008, reinstalled VS2008 and reinstalled nFring. Still the error remains. Did the same procedure with avast removed, but again without luck.
I'm hoping someone here can help me to solve this problem.

Many thanks in advance.

Edit:
Managed to get rid of that error by executing: devenv /resetskippkgs

But due to the reinstall I had to reactivate the license. After that the license error stayed away, but my syntax highlighting isn't working.

Edit2:
Solved the syntax highlighting issue too. I solved it by deleting the project files and after that created a new project (followed the steps on the wiki). The syntax highlighting works with the newly created project.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th April 2020 - 11:44 AM