Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dransik Rebirth (Dransik Pre DS Remake)
John Silver
post Mar 19 2019, 07:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,588

Dransik Rebirth in time be closed down due to copyright infringement as they are in breech of multiple copyright laws.

Regardless of what their website states within their legal section, this does not cover them. The assets within Dransik Rebirth are all owned by the IP owner which is PMG, for example; Code, Artwork and Sound.

I understand why people are there, as they are actively updating the game which is something that is not seen here. They have also received Hundreds of dollars in donations to help this project bring back what they are claiming to be "the best version of Dransik". Which will be money lost by the donators once the project is shut down.

But given what I have witnessed from one of the self proclaimed owners (which is ironic to say the least as it's just a stolen IP) of the game towards some of the players, he lacks the basic communication skills or professionalism to make the project a long term a success.

I personally would prefer to see these players on Ashen Empires and not a rip-off version of the game.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hephaistion
post Mar 19 2019, 07:41 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 740

I guess that's what happens when the game you love get 0 support from the owner and devs. Not to mention the years of lies upon lies upon lies

+Quote Post
noobys
post Mar 19 2019, 08:31 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,267

This should be removed since its against the law on what they did.

+Quote Post
John Silver
post Mar 20 2019, 02:36 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,588

Dransik Rebirth in time be closed down due to copyright infringement as they are in breech of multiple copyright laws.

Regardless of what their website states within their legal section, this does not cover them.

The assets within Dransik Rebirth are all owned by the IP owner which is PMG, for example; Code, Artwork and Sound.

I understand why people are there, as they are actively updating the game which is something that is not seen here.

But given what I have witnessed from one of the self proclaimed owners (which is ironic to say the least as it's just a stolen IP) of the game towards some of the players, he lacks the basic communication skills or professionalism to make the project a long term a success.

+Quote Post
Orno
post Mar 20 2019, 05:47 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,771

From what I've seen the PvP there is alive and well. Burn your house down approach, nice.

+Quote Post
Dog Fart
post Mar 20 2019, 08:14 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 7,431

Vorlian(the lead dev), is only in it for the "donations". He requires people to give "donations" for benefits aka an unofficial marketplace. Eventually they have plans to launch the game "live" and charge a monthly subscription through "donations". OneEye you should consider doing a project like this legally. I know players have donated well over thousands of dollars for this "fan project". Not to mention they have well over 600 people in their discord.

+Quote Post
Afkaserious
post Mar 20 2019, 09:16 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,631

I'd even be surprised if an AE dev even responds to this thread. Their game is dead but it seems that there are still a few salty maggots crawling the corpse. Them coming after Dransik Rebirth would simply be selfish evil pride by taking away a game from people's childhood that they have another chance to play. Stop being salty, we have some Dev's that are actually trying to bring us the game we want, come join us. After all... it's free :)

+Quote Post
ZaPDuEs
post Mar 20 2019, 09:40 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,373

LOL guy who made this post only joined forum yesterday, its probably the guy who vorlian put on blast for macroing. For those of you who havnt played its 100x better than this AE with a support team that acually responds to its players try it out, doofus put the link for it

+Quote Post
sick
post Mar 20 2019, 12:47 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,116

Only the lame ****** noobs still play this game and defend it. Now that it's completely dead and stagnant they only hate on dransik rebirth.

+Quote Post
noobys
post Mar 20 2019, 09:19 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,267

Im sure they know about it.. hopefully gets shut down and im sure it will.

+Quote Post
sick
post Mar 21 2019, 01:08 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

I thought those were your "era" days?

It would be too hard and unforgiving for legends players to exist on Dransik Rebirth, and you know it.

+Quote Post
Valandil
post Mar 21 2019, 11:51 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 644

There wouldn't need to be any legal action to stop Dransik Rebirth. if there was even the slightest attempt to update AE, Most if not all would be here.

+Quote Post
Zerzil
post Mar 22 2019, 06:59 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 673

I wonder who will get on steam first 😉

+Quote Post
Dr Strangelove
post Mar 22 2019, 03:17 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,118

QUOTE(Valandil @ Mar 21 2019, 11:51 AM) *
There wouldn't need to be any legal action to stop Dransik Rebirth. if there was even the slightest attempt to update AE, Most if not all would be here.

so true....

+Quote Post
Zxenia
post Mar 25 2019, 02:41 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 2,303

I personally hope that this game gets shut down, and Dransik Rebirth thrives. Who cares if they ripped off their IP? This company, (a word I grudgingly use for whatever the **** PixelMineGames actually is) has done nothing but lie and have shoddy intentions. There has been zero communication over the years and people thinking that it is going to steam in the "near future" are delusional.

+Quote Post
Afkaserious
post Mar 31 2019, 10:44 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE(Valandil @ Mar 21 2019, 11:51 AM) *

Nobody would care. Rebirth has no summon corpse ;)

+Quote Post
haisxd
post Mar 31 2019, 06:37 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 7,429

Honestly, regardless of which side you prefer, the one thing that would save this game is releasing material. I will put up $100, up to $500, for open source of client and server files. It is a great game, and open source would allow many versions the potential to take off, evolve, and thrive. I will share map editor files or information on how to read the client, but I just don't have the server side information.

We all think and believe our own interpretations of how this game could change in the future, let us have a try. There is no point when letting it go to waste, do a kickstarter for whatever amount you want, and see if we meet it.

-tinytim/tinytim7/kuthos/sandbox/theseus/sxd

+Quote Post
Dyrankor
post Apr 1 2019, 09:27 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 761

It's funny though, the legal section says "Dransik Rebirth is in no way a reflection of the game 'Ashen Empires'" and yet - that's exactly what it is (IMG:style_emoticons/default/AECwub.gif)

Best thing to do would be to use those "donations" and legally purchase the IP from PMG.

+Quote Post
Afkaserious
post Apr 2 2019, 12:21 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

I think its clear by now that nobody is willing to pay what they are asking *IF* the current AE owners even want to sell it. Theyve neglected development for longer than it takes to obtain a PhD.
Empty promises year after year, they dont care at all. The only reason this game is still online is because the last 10players are giving them enough money to support server costs. People thinking otherwise are clearly delusional.

+Quote Post
sick
post Apr 5 2019, 11:57 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Foreal.

It's these delusional noobs left.

You gotta be insane to keep repeating this.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2019 - 08:22 AM