Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> NOTICE

When posting about launcher issues, please include your OPERATING SYSTEM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AE on linux, how to make AE run with wine in linux (fedora)
japaez
post Jul 26 2015, 03:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,667

I've seen a few posts about how to run AE in linux i'm trying to open the pixel mine installer.exe and can't, can i get some suggestions on how to do this (can use terminal so don't hold back)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Basher2010
post Jul 28 2015, 03:47 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 7,166

In order to use a windows .exe file on lixus system you need to install a windows emulator. https://www.winehq.org this website will take you to Wine which is a lixus program that should do what you need to do.

+Quote Post
reikoshea
post Jul 31 2015, 10:47 AM
Post #3

Ashen Empires Tech Wizard

Member No.: 325

http://forums.pixelminegames.com/index.php...ost&p=21000

You might be able to run a newer version 0.9.61, but I remember when I wrote that guide I was having issues with them.

Granted that guide is written for debian based systems (Ubuntu, Mint, etc), but you should be good.

That being said, you might want to try to just 'yum install wine' and then start at the 'winecfg' line of the above tutorial before going through the trouble of building a custom version of wine.

+Quote Post
Zobuku
post Nov 1 2015, 12:12 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3,793

Sorry this reply is so late, hope this helps someone or someone can help me?

I'm running on gentoo right now. I still need to do the "close the launcher right after clicking play" trick to avoid the choose server error. Best method I've found is just having a terminal with:
CODE
kill `pidof PixelMineLauncher.exe`

or a script/alias thereof open. As soon as I click play, I hit enter and the launcher goes away.

One problem I have not yet solved: I can only run in 800x600, no amount of full screening/resizing (in game, wine, or window manager) changes anything.

+Quote Post
MKas
post Apr 18 2016, 10:19 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,289

Thank you, it worked for me in Fedora 23 with wine-1.9.7

(IMG:http://images.destiny.lt/ae.png)

QUOTE(Zobuku @ Nov 1 2015, 12:12 AM) *
Sorry this reply is so late, hope this helps someone or someone can help me?

I'm running on gentoo right now. I still need to do the "close the launcher right after clicking play" trick to avoid the choose server error. Best method I've found is just having a terminal with:
CODE
kill `pidof PixelMineLauncher.exe`

or a script/alias thereof open. As soon as I click play, I hit enter and the launcher goes away.

One problem I have not yet solved: I can only run in 800x600, no amount of full screening/resizing (in game, wine, or window manager) changes anything.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 02:47 AM