post Feb 20 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #1

Pixel Mine Developer
Group Icon

Group: Pixel Mine
Member No.: 2,089

Chaos Island

The Basis of the Idea:

Chaos Island is essentially a 3rd pathway off of Silvest. The requirements to enter the island should

be a level of 10, no greater and no less. This would allow for prosperity for Silvest as individuals level

up to enter this island, along with ensuring that the playing field is fair for individuals who start on

the island having no advantages over one another. Additionally, upon entering the island, banks and

backpacks and equipped items should all be stripped from the character in a similar manner as to

purchasing and using a non-deluxe mainland or velsinea move in order to insure no abused items are able to

transverse from Silvest to the Armageddon island. Upon clicking the orb, you would be transported to the

island. Aswell as being transported, use of the orb should mark your spawn somewhere on the Mainland

in order to bring a 1-life type aspect to the game. As such, there would be no spawn

gates on the island. The only safezones on the Island should be the very beginning town where you spawn

from the portal in order to prevent instantly being killed.

As such, a summary of the Island

Basis:
a. NO Spawn Gates
b. NO Safe Zones (except at the very start town)
c. Relatively small, comparable to Velsinea. Being Underground would bring a nice element to the game as

like in Velsinea aswell.
d. In regards to potion shops, the shops should only carry Cure Potions, Greater Cure Potions, Yellow

Healing Potions, and Minor Healing Scrolls in order to preserve the fun ideals of PvP as opposed to that

of mainland where everyone is 2500 HP and can heal for 140.

e. If you die, you cannot return

Monster Spawns:
Spiders
Bats
Snakes
Bug Swarms
Bees
Kobolds
Orcs
Orc Warriors
Orc Mages
Hob Goblins
Thieves
Fighters
Kelumnas
Skeletons
Skeleton Warriors
Undeads
Undead Warriors
Mummys
Ghosts
Wraiths
Undead Priests
Undead Alter Boys
Beholders
Evil Eyes
Death Tyrants
Minotaurs
Night Hags
Abishais
Vampire Bats
Green Dragons
Centaurs
Centaur Warriors
Ettins
Cyclops
Fire Fiend
Phoenix
Dretch
Hell Hound
Nightmare
Grimlock

As you can see, monsters with extremely powerful drops have been eliminated from the list. This was done

in able to insure that the PvP on the island would be fun, yet weapons would not jump straight to

overpowered and result in people being two-shot off the island. The PvP is meant to be fast paced at a

lower level, and have dire consequences ("perm death" as a result of being teleported onto mainland)

through the loss of your character.

===========

A great suggestion from a player, at this time will remain unnamed. Please give me some ideas/feedback. I think should be fun.

Some ideas I was thinking. 4 Safezone Chunks. Each at a small keep/town. When you are teleported from silvest you will be sent to one of the 4 place. Each town will have a teleport that will send you randomly to one of the other towns. There will be no guards, but these areas will be safe zones, so you won't be able to pk in town. But this won't stop players from dropping mobs, So I might add the banks to be "underground" of the city so if you choose to bank sit, you can in peace. Or I might have a patrolling guard that goes to each town. Not sure. Just looking for feedback. Cheers.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tyrant
post Feb 20 2009, 05:30 PM
Post #2

Pixel Mine Developer
Group Icon

Oh ya.
You won't be able to use death ports on this island either. I will block off all ways to get back to this island.

And there is no banks, so you won't be able to get items to silvest to get to chaos island.. And.. I will be stripping you of all your non-silvest items from your character.

+Quote Post
Lord Nate
post Feb 20 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 749

QUOTE(Outcast @ Feb 20 2009, 05:32 PM) *
Assuming all measures are taken to keep it a clean low-level type enviroment without being plagued by the mainland, it'd turn out to be good thrillful fun.

+Quote Post
Shadowsoul
post Feb 20 2009, 05:40 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 596

Ok, well i think ghps should be available tbh.
What's with the green dragons? And abishai's? That makes soa's and air weapons available.
Will there be lootable bodies? All items instant drop? So on the off chance a rare item is acquired it will remain on the island?

+Quote Post
Tyrant
post Feb 20 2009, 05:45 PM
Post #5

Pixel Mine Developer
Group Icon

Yes, Full drop will be on this island, hopefully. BP, and Body.

+Quote Post
Birnical
post Feb 20 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,103

Can you make it so that if a player kills you, your out, but if a monster kills you, your in...at level 30 killing GD+lag= death Imo

Also, yeah...with fists doing 1-4damage...it would take you a while to get a small dagger/ or something..since you cannot die..you will need to let your hp rise from 1-300 at 2hp ticks..lots of delay (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

well, this is a perfect idea to make an unarmed skill..at level 100unarmed skill you should not hit over 100...

currently unarmed does 1-4damage..lots of misses...

but TT, can you balance game issues first before doing that? like item drops...weapons..armors...robes...bows...blah blah

your also missing a monster that can drop earth stones...since you got already got water...and air...earth is between water and air... .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

it is also problematic once you attempt to kill someone or you kill someone, you cannot access your bank...since your perma crim..(current bug)

+Quote Post
Necris Phyder
post Feb 20 2009, 11:31 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,274

So it will be a hardcore arena in essential detail. IF you die, your character is useless. I disagree with Birnical, if a monster kills you, your out. If a player kills you, your in. that sounds better to me. Just imagine your level 10 just off silvest go out into the wild and BANG your hit by a green dragon, dealing 600+ damage and your dead.

Personally having a Hardcore PvP arena is a great game aspect in alot of games, but with Dransik, you'll just end up with one character who goes from town to town wiping out the n00bs who appear and then it's game over for them.

Another idea would be to have it so instead of going from Silvest you just create a Hardcore character and it appears on the island, already at level 10 rather than going through silvest.

Requirement to make a hardcore character should be 1 level 100 character on mainland or vels. This way n00bs don't make their first character into hardcore mode and die instantly. They'd have to learn about the game first.

Armageddon Island sounds much better than Chaos Island like you called it.

Greater healing potions should definitely be in especially if your putting in harder creatures like nightmares, green dragons, death tyrants etc.

No banks so people don't just sit around chatting.

hmmm i also think fixing the problems with the current version of Dransik should be done before adding to the game.

+Quote Post
acrytex
post Feb 21 2009, 12:16 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,050

green dragons should be taken out. rest in. everything else is fine. ghp's need to be added though.

and noobs won't go to armageddon island if they don't want to. there will most likely be a sign to show it like all the others.

+Quote Post
jellybaby
post Feb 21 2009, 12:17 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 3,341

Great idea, all though the loss of a charictor that you had just spent like forever and a day, leveling wud be far to harsh. I think that the idea of being transported back to the mainland and not being able to return to the harcore island, with that charictor again, wud be punishment enough.

I think that when your charictor dies on the new island, you shud be teleported back to the island which you came from without anything you were carrying, including , your armour wepons and backpack items , and these items should instantly be lootable, with no criminal affect,,,, I have to say that your items in your banks and backpacks being stripped from you is a bad idea,,,,,, you worked hard to get them, and this would deter people, it would definatly deter me,,,, a charicotor should be striped like you say of all items in its bank and back pack on enetery of the portal and all the items should remain at there origianol island from where they came for when they return.

I would also like to say that having level 10 charictors entering the island is a bit to low, people with newb charictors entering the island from silvest would be manic, not to mention how many newbs u'd get crying hystericaly and complaining when they'd just lost there level 10 having entered the wrong portal and cowering at the gates of chaos island , with 50 pk's baing for there blood , ''come out, come out little noob , we wont hurt you honistly''.

I definatly think that the portals shud only be placed on the mainland and vels in order to creat a new aspect to the game , where as you could level your charictor on the stronger island, and still have another island, like the chaos one to look forward to.....

The new island shuld have new drops that can only be got to on this island and if your were lucky enough to obtain these items , that you should be able to bring these back to the mainland if you die, although if they are traded or looted at any point on chaos island, you would obviously lose them like as you would any other item, making ultra rare items, for this I would go to the end of the earth ,,,,

''oooooo theres a new item at the end of the earth''

''where''

''the end of the earth''

''ooooooo and its sooooooo perdyyy''

see....

And any items you obtain on the new island and are placed in that bank of the new island should be transferable back to either of the two main islands on death, unless they where lost on your body or backpack on death.

Entery to the island shud be no lower then 50, giving a '' damn i need to level my charictor to get on that island '' aproach to it. giving the option of a third island from the 2 mainland islands would creat a bit more depth to the game, and the fact that you got pked and your items lay spread on the ground and you cant get back to them, wud creat a seriouse talking point on either of the two origianol islands when you get back after being, splated , wooped, beased , battered and looted.

And the idea of having new items that can only be obtained on chaos island, in your bank on your return wud creat a hole new trading ground...

+Quote Post
acrytex
post Feb 21 2009, 12:23 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,050

QUOTE(jellybaby @ Feb 21 2009, 12:17 AM) *
Great idea, all though the loss of a charictor that you had just spent like forever and a day, leveling wud be far to harsh. I think that the idea of being transported back to the mainland and not being able to return to the harcore island, with that charictor again, wud be punishment enough.

I think that when your charictor dies on the new island, you shud be teleported back to the island which you came from without anything you were carrying, including , your armour wepons and backpack items , and these items should instantly be lootable, with no criminal affect,,,, I have to say that your items in your banks and backpacks being stripped from you is a bad idea,,,,,, you worked hard to get them, and this would deter people, it would definatly deter me,,,, a charicotor should be striped like you say of all items in its bank and back pack on enetery of the portal and all the items should remain at there origianol island from where they came for when they return.

I would also like to say that having level 10 charictors entering the island is a bit to low, people with newb charictors entering the island from silvest would be manic, not to mention how many newbs u'd get crying hystericaly and complaining when they'd just lost there level 10 having entered the wrong portal and cowering at the gates of chaos island , with 50 pk's baing for there blood , ''come out, come out little noob , we wont hurt you honistly''.

I definatly think that the portals shud only be placed on the mainland and vels in order to creat a new aspect to the game , where as you could level your charictor on the stronger island, and still have another island, like the chaos one to look forward to.....

The new island shuld have new drops that can only be got to on this island and if your were lucky enough to obtain these items , that you should be able to bring these back to the mainland if you die, although if they are traded or looted at any point on chaos island, you would obviously lose them like as you would any other item, making ultra rare items, for this I would go to the end of the earth ,,,,

''oooooo theres a new item at the end of the earth''

''where''

''the end of the earth''

''ooooooo and its sooooooo perdyyy''

see....

And any items you obtain on the new island and are placed in that bank of the new island should be transferable back to either of the two main islands on death, unless they where lost on your body or backpack on death.

Entery to the island shud be no lower then 50, giving a '' damn i need to level my charictor to get on that island '' aproach to it. giving the option of a third island from the 2 mainland islands would creat a bit more depth to the game, and the fact that you got pked and your items lay spread on the ground and you cant get back to them, wud creat a seriouse talking point on either of the two origianol islands when you get back after being, splated , wooped, beased , battered and looted.

And the idea of having new items that can only be obtained on chaos island, in your bank on your return wud creat a hole new trading ground...
there will be like 5 signs saying this is armagedon island at least. if you don't read the signs then well that's your fault.

+Quote Post
Shadowsoul
post Feb 21 2009, 03:34 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 596

Ugh, some of you guys are trying to make this too complicated. It is basically an island to constanttly re-create the thrill of early game pvp like we had at the start of the server, which was awesome. Characters aren't meant to get to level 50+ and be kitted out with awesome items, if somebody no-lifes and mmanages to stay alive to that point then it'll be all the more epic when a team on the island take them down. They can then come back to the island on a fresh character and exact revenge.

GHPs need to be in, green drags taken out, cyclops and sgs could be added, the rest is fine.

+Quote Post
L33T CHR1S
post Feb 21 2009, 11:36 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 2,522

Once your on the island, can you go higher than level 10? It wasn't explained.

+Quote Post
Outcast
post Feb 21 2009, 11:38 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 377

QUOTE(L33T CHR1S @ Feb 21 2009, 11:36 AM) *
Once your on the island, can you go higher than level 10? It wasn't explained.

Yes, you enter the island at 10 and then continue leveling and gathering gear and pking on the island.

I agree with Harry, you people are completely overcomplicating the idea.

Removing the 1 death factor of the island completely destroys the entire idea, the whole purpose is to have thrill on the island instead of oh, I died, run to body spacebar!

+Quote Post
Birnical
post Feb 22 2009, 12:33 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,103

TT, tbh I honestly do not think this is worth your time...this is going to be fun and exciting for how long 1-2 weeks? and then what will happen if not sooner...players who are already playing together will just battle out there and the winning mob will just destroy the first wave of competition and then what? those losing players are going to have interest in coming back?

periodically, players will come there one by one and will be destroyed by the first mob that defeated the first wave, not to mention the first mob after a while will just level up and level up if they have patience.

I mean yeah, you can make the accessibility to this island pended upon the player having 100 or so tokens each time they wish to bring in a character and yeah maybe you can get no more then what 50-60players on the initial release and up to 100 the following year, how much is that I do not know or wish to look up atm but yeah... even if you are going full throttle with this project I am expecting you to make a token purchase to enter...

+Quote Post
KaaLimaTo
post Feb 22 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 437

Even if there isn't a token cost, the idea itself will be the death of the idea. Consider very carefully what you're going to work on in the next few weeks/months because I do think your work is going to go waste. There's going to be enough population for this island at the first peek, then it's slowly going to die. I guess add this and just see yourself what I said.

+Quote Post
Garland420
post Feb 23 2009, 12:58 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 2,799

Instead of permi death lower the max level on this island to 40-50, have say 1 spawn. and no safezone, full drop (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
kylreasdw
post Feb 23 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 1,027

why not have it like the year 2000 u did u die no ands if or buts ... we can get all the same stuff on mainlands no mater what ... u cant attack people 20 lvls under u easy to lvl up weps hit harder on monsters then they do to players

Say u hit a bat with a dagger (200 dammage)
say u hit a player with a dagger (10-30 dammage)
make it so players can lvl and kill so when they do get pked it is worth the players wild to kill him to get some good items off him ... becasue this si what will prob happen

evey player come in buys a wep and some pots and start the battles thoes who make it away and are able to hunt get a good wep and go sloters them with weaker weps

making a wep hit harder on monsters will help and making that same wep hit less to players will creat longer lasting battles

Feel free to Cleen up my spelling and grammer if u wish please stop herassing me about my spelling and grammer i have trubles puting words in to text

+Quote Post
Sabriel
post Feb 25 2009, 12:54 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 3,280

I think it sounds like a fun idea TT (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Maybe remove Green Drags from the monster spawn though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Tyrant
post Feb 25 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #19

Pixel Mine Developer
Group Icon

Give me a list for each shop in the towns:

Weapon & Armor:

Blacksmith:

Tavern:

Provisioner:

Alchemist:

Scroll Shop:

+Quote Post
Tyrant
post Feb 25 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #20

Pixel Mine Developer
Group Icon

(IMG:http://i43.tinypic.com/28s28mr.jpg)

Mapped out the Safe Town located on the Island...Simple.

These areas are "blessed" and you will not be able to attack players while inside.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th December 2019 - 12:20 PM