Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Details on Factions, Town Sieges, PVP, PVP Island, Will also be available on the web later
FujiQ
post Jun 4 2008, 12:45 PM
Post #1

Marketing Manager
Group Icon

Group: Pixel Mine
Member No.: 17

Factions & Town Sieges

You may ally with one of three factions: Lotor, Neutral, or Talazar. All characters begin as Neutral. To join a faction, talk with a faction officer in Lotor’s Summer Palace. They will give you a series of quests. Once you complete the quests you will be part of that faction. You can change faction from Lotor to Neutral to Talazar and back from Talazar to Neutral to Lotor, but you cannot change directly from Lotor to Talazar or vise versa.

Lotorian and Talazarian players are open to be attacked by the opposing factions at all times. Guards in a hostile town controlled by the opposing faction will attack and attempt to kill players of the other faction. Lotorian and Talazarian players may attempt to take over a Neutral or opposing town by attacking and defeating the Town Guardian. The Town Guardian is a very strong boss who lives in certain towns. Towns without a Town Guardian cannot be sieged.

Neutral players can walk freely in any town and cannot be attacked by other players unless they are wanted for attacking an NPC (including town guardians), turn their PVP flag on manually (type /pvp), or heal someone of a different faction. Once the Neutral player’s PVP flag is on it will not turn off for 24 hours. Neutral players may participate in a town siege with a different faction and help take over a town (type /pvp lotor ; /pvp talazar to temporarily ally with a faction).

When you defeat the town guardian, the town will change to alignment to that faction. Depending on your participation, you will get a certain number of faction points for defeating the town guardian. There are NPCs in LSP that sell faction armor for faction points. You can only wear that armor when it matches your alignment. Thus, if you buy Lotorian faction armor and switch to the Neutral or Talazar faction, you cannot equip the Lotorian armor until you change back.

You can check a player’s faction by looking at the color of their name or by viewing their character screen . White stands for Lotor, green for Neutral, and Orange for Talazar. Light green is for neutral players flagged for PVP and flashing grey indicates the player is wanted. Blue is a special color reserved for GMs and Developers. Hostile creatures have red name, non-hostile creatures have yellow names.

City Bonuses
Jeel
CONSTITUTION 7
INTELLIGENCE 8

Hothbra
MIND 5
CONSTITUTION 8

Vrethpool
MIND 5
INTELLIGENCE 5

Varg
PIERCE 6
STRENGTH 6

Lopal
SOUL 6
DEXTERITY 6

Parian
HEALTHREGEN 10
STAMINAREGEN 2

Chlera
PIERCE 8
DEXTERITY 5

Desprail
DISEASE 10
STRENGTH 6

Josody
CONSTITUTION 10
HEALTHREGEN 10

Redwake
POISON 7
DEXTERITY 7

Dunmarrow
CUT 6
CONSTITUTION 6

Grell
STAMINAREGEN 100
SOUL 10

Dawat
POISON 10
STRENGTH 3

Arda
BLUNT 10
STRENGTH 6

Darushk
CUT 8
BLUNT 8

Teylan
DEXTERITY 12
NATURE 7

Gulley
NATURE 3
CONSTITUTION 5

Syldural
POISON 10
HEALTHREGEN 10

Darkfell
STAMINAREGEN 100
INTELLIGENCE 5

Ethera Palace
INTELLIGENCE 15
MIND 7

Duremar
SOUL 8
CONSTITUTION 5

Hammerfist
POISON 15
DEXTERITY 7

Maroven
STRENGTH 20
STAMINAREGEN 100

Soul, mind, body, nature, cut, blunt, pierce are all a bonus to resistance, not to skill. Buff 1 lasts 2 hours, 2nd buff lasts 1 hour.

PVP Rules

You can only attack a member of the opposing faction or a neutral player who is flagged for PVP. Looting items from a dead player’s backpack will immediately cause you to become wanted, at which point you are flagged for PVP and will be attacked (and jailed) by any surrounding guards. Only items from the player’s backpack can be looted, armor and weapons they have on at the time of death cannot be looted.

Players go wanted for attacking players 20 levels below their current level regardless of faction affiliation. Players killed my a player 20 levels above them will not drop any loot.

PVP Island

To enter PVP island you must purchase a pass from the store for 10 tokens and then speak to the PVP island NPC on the west bank of Lotor’s Summer Palace. You will enter at a random spot on PVP Island with all of your current gear and the belongings in your backpack, at which point you may attack and be attacked by other players, regardless of the faction alignment. You cannot loot other players’ corpses. For each player you kill will you will earn 6 tokens.

Once you enter there is no time restriction on how long you can stay. If you are killed by another player you will return with your winnings to Lotor’s Summer Palace. You can also choose to leave PVP Island at any time by talking to the “Leave PvP Island” NPC and return to LSP with your winnings. If you leave PVP island at any time you must pay to enter again. There are no other NPCs or monsters on PVP Island. Be prepared with healing potions and other items you will need to survive.

PVP Points
PVP points can be earned by defeating other players or by defeating someone on PVP island. NPCs on LSP will exchange PVP points for special gear.

New Racial bonuses
Bonus to skills will be added at a later date.

Human
Int - Level/20 - Max 5 Orbs
Bonus to spell skills (ex. +5 body, nature, mind, soul)
Bonus to Mage Weapons (+10 to Skill)
Secondary Bonus - Stamina Bonus : Maximum 10%

Orc
Str - Level/20 - Max 5 Orbs
Bonus to Resist Poison/Disease (+7% resistance poison/disease)
Bonus to Resist Large Blades and Short Blades (+3% Resistance)
Secondary Bonus - Health Bonus : Maximum 5%

Elf
Night Vision
Dex - Level/20 - Max 5 Orbs
Bonus to Resist Elements(+5% resistance body, nature, mind, soul)
Bonus to Bows, Xbows, Thrown (+5 to Skill)
Secondary Bonus - AC bonus : Maximum 10%

Other changes
- Taskmasters are back
- Bronze players can now party, have limited trade (can't receive from subscribers), and gain xp at 50% the normal rate
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Unknown
post Jun 4 2008, 02:03 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,034

I'm not receiving the old bonus hp for being an orc =/

+Quote Post
FujiQ
post Jun 4 2008, 02:10 PM
Post #3

Marketing Manager
Group Icon

Op! My apologies, new bonuses do not stack with old bonuses. However, there are some racial bonuses on the way that didn't make it in this time.

+Quote Post
Unknown
post Jun 4 2008, 02:15 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Oh, ok. Thanks for the info =)

+Quote Post
Vaensarius
post Jun 4 2008, 02:16 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 430

PcP island sounds fun!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

+Quote Post
Tyrantx
post Jun 4 2008, 02:18 PM
Post #6

Pixel Mine Developer
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

QUOTE(Vaensarius @ Jun 4 2008, 02:16 PM) *

PCP Island? OH NOES!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
Mazrath
post Jun 4 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 383

FujiQ had a typo. lol

+Quote Post
ThatDarnCat
post Jun 4 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

From: in yur internets degradin' yur language with mai ignurance an apathy
Member No.: 515

QUOTE(Thetyrant @ Jun 4 2008, 01:18 PM) *
QUOTE(Vaensarius @ Jun 4 2008, 02:16 PM) *

PCP Island? OH NOES!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

All the mobs are 20X stronger than normal and unaffected by Pepper Spray or CS gas with or without vomiting agent.

+Quote Post
FujiQ
post Jun 4 2008, 02:38 PM
Post #9

Marketing Manager
Group Icon

I can only hope that is my lasting legacy. But no, tis fixed now.

+Quote Post
Gurney
post Jun 5 2008, 07:07 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 559

What about players who used a race change.
My orc once nightelf looks like a human.
Any fix for it?

+Quote Post
Ghost of Choice
post Jun 5 2008, 07:25 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 150

How do faction and reputation alignments interact? Will a Crusader who is a member of Talazar's faction still be attacked on sight by Evil guards, for example?

+Quote Post
Bika
post Jun 5 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 602

So how will lower levels gain faction points with the sieges or pvp island...sounds like another way to spread the gap in pvp.

+Quote Post
KaleO
post Jun 5 2008, 02:16 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,527

Ive noticed no body said anything about it on the web page or forum that i could see.... but, what are the new changes for the bronze level accounts mentioned on the launcher?

+Quote Post
FujiQ
post Jun 5 2008, 02:21 PM
Post #14

Marketing Manager
Group Icon

I should add that, thanks!

Bronze players now gain xp at 50% the normal rate, can party, and have limited trade (cannot receive from subscribers). Used to be no party, no trade, and 10% rate.

+Quote Post
KaleO
post Jun 5 2008, 02:45 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 1,527

Awesome thanks for the info

+Quote Post
Cally
post Jun 5 2008, 05:18 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 914

I'm not the best at finding things in the forums, so I figured that I would ask here.

Where are the new rules, how do things work on Legends, all I've found are the way things work for Heroes.

+Quote Post
FujiQ
post Jun 5 2008, 09:42 PM
Post #17

Marketing Manager
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cally @ Jun 5 2008, 06:18 PM) *
Where are the new rules, how do things work on Legends, all I've found are the way things work for Heroes.

Hey Cally, the way factions work on Legends can be summarized to: no PVP (outside of regular arena and new PVP Island) and no faction points (which can be spent on H to purchase faction gear).

On L you can join the Lotor or Talazar faction (or remain neutral). The ability to take over towns and change it to your alignment is the same. You are similarly able to receive the Town Wizard of Insight's buff once you take over the town. On H you would get faction points for defeating players of the opposite faction as well as for taking over a town.

Everything else applies to L as it does on H (such as what happens when you attack an NPC or heal someone other than your faction, and so on).

Hope that answers your question.

+Quote Post
Malva
post Jun 6 2008, 02:21 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 410

Everything sounds awsome! Changes FTW!
One question about PVPisland tho...
If I go there and kill a player that is more then 20 lvls lower then me, do I still get 6 tokens for that?

+Quote Post
Unknown
post Jun 6 2008, 02:34 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Trade is not possible between players of opposing factions.

+Quote Post
FujiQ
post Jun 6 2008, 08:00 AM
Post #20

Marketing Manager
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dierdra @ Jun 6 2008, 03:21 AM) *
Everything sounds awsome! Changes FTW!
One question about PVPisland tho...
If I go there and kill a player that is more then 20 lvls lower then me, do I still get 6 tokens for that?

Yes, I believe so. Level and faction do not matter on PVP Island (well, I guess with the exception that if you kill a player of the opposing faction you gain 5 faction points).

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2017 - 03:25 PM