Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ashen Empires World Map (Updated 6/30/2020)
Pixel Mine Forums > Ashen Empires > Knowledge Base > Ashen Empires Maps
Sir Chris
New hosting site has become available and link has been updated

I was searching AE forums to see what's going on and noticed it. I still have a copy of the map in PNG and PSD formats I'm also working on completing the interactive map as I have not had time to do so because of school. The reason I want to complete the map is to finish what I started on. Don't get your hopes up that it will be done anytime soon. I will not be hosting this project on the web and when I'm complete if AE is still around anyone interested can host it on there site. I still have school to worry about but I will work on this a little at a time.

RECOMMENDED TO RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE FOR BEST USE
(When I update the map date will be added here and fix/add notes will be added in reply)

Ashen Empires World Map *Updated 6/30/2020
Points to Google Drive folder.
If Link doesn't work copy/paste link below to address bar
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1sx3...egc?usp=sharing

You have to love broken links
out-dated
static.zooomr.com/images/9050009_be7b863ccb_o.png *broken link
http://4.ii.gl/odbmptR.png *broken link
List of Town Faction Status (Heros)
Heros Town Faction Statistics
www.ashenempires.com/Statistics.aspx?Category=TownFactions&SubCat=7

List of Town Faction Status (Legends)
Legends Town Faction Statistics
www.ashenempires.com/Statistics.aspx?Category=TownFactions&SubCat=8

Update Dates & Notes

Date: 07.06.2011

Added:
Titles
Rune Spire by NFG Island
The Choke

Landmass
The Rest of Real Estate Island

I have PSD if anyone wants. I will change things if needed.

ENJOY!!!

Update
Ghost of Choice
"Cherla"
Erudite
i thought it was chlera
Ghost of Choice
QUOTE(Erudite @ Mar 13 2010, 04:55 AM) *
i thought it was chlera

It is. My previous post was a typo report.
Sir Chris
QUOTE(Ghost of Choice @ Mar 13 2010, 12:40 PM) *
QUOTE(Erudite @ Mar 13 2010, 04:55 AM) *
i thought it was chlera

It is. My previous post was a typo report.

Fixed*
Erudite
it is a very nice map :) ty sir chris
Worc
Hi, you did a great work making this map. I was putting together a map of all Ashen Empire land, I know how hard it is to do it. So, if you dont mind, I used your map and put it in zoomable fashion. There are a few things to update (always necessary in the game), like Silvest dock, peninsula and Island, or a few other places.

This is the link for Ashen Empire Map - Zoomable

btw, when you say PSD you mean Photoshop file? If you send it to me I could add a couple places/islands missing.
Sir Chris

I'm actually making a Flash Interactive Map Viewer. With functionality like:

Making Map marks and titles visible or make it non visible
adding your own marks
and other things

This will come in two forms flash application for the web and a Adobe Air application.

But by all means you can have a copy of the PSD you won't have the fonts for all titles may want to change them to a font of your liking. Just pm me your Windows Live ID I'll send it to you. I may go ahead and change all the fonts or atleast find the old font I had and send it with the file.
Dahaka
NICE MAPS!!

Here are a few items which might be worth adding - Obelisks & Spires:

Obelisk - West side of Death Tyrant Valley
Obelisk - Southeast of Hammerfist (in valley along mountains)
Obelisk - Desprail Obelisk Island **Already shown on map**
Obelisk - Mithrik's Island??? (Not sure about that one)

Spire - Badlands
Spire - Northern Frost Giant Island Portal??? (Not sure about that one)
Spire - Hell Island **Already Shown On Map**
Sir Chris

Oh that note, Any landmarks that you think should be added to the map just say and give a general idea of where it is. I mean I have played for a long time, but that doesn't mean I remember.
Dahaka
I'll be a little more precise:

- NFG Spire - There is a spire to the Northwest of the NFG Portal (on the mainland penninsula) it is the medium gray patch on the map

- Shadow Temple Obelisk - it is on the North side of the mountain (opposite the South Shadow Temple entrance) on the Desprail Obelisk island

- Hammerfist Obelisk - it is in the medium gray patch inside of the upside down "U" mountain range which is south east of Hammerfist

- I'm still not sure about the exact location of the "Badlands Spire"

- I'm still not sure if "Mirthik's Obelisk" even exists, I think it is on the northern island?
Drachen
QUOTE(Dahaka @ Apr 3 2010, 12:47 PM) *
I'll be a little more precise:

- NFG Spire - There is a spire to the Northwest of the NFG Portal (on the mainland penninsula) it is the medium gray patch on the map

- Shadow Temple Obelisk - it is on the North side of the mountain (opposite the South Shadow Temple entrance) on the Desprail Obelisk island

- Hammerfist Obelisk - it is in the medium gray patch inside of the upside down "U" mountain range which is south east of Hammerfist

- I'm still not sure about the exact location of the "Badlands Spire" Far right bottom corner.

- I'm still not sure if "Mirthik's Obelisk" even exists, I think it is on the northern island?Yes on the north side of the north island

Sir Chris

I'll get to it just really haven't had the time lately been busy on irl and trying to enjoy the game a little. I'll do it today when I get home!

Besides adding this I'm going to make a dock mark as well. Now I'm only going to mark the main docks as there still needs to be a little mystery in the game. I'm going to make a flash version with functionality such as being about to scroll the map zoom in and out, I will make a craft table to with xml input so it can be edited. All versions will be downloadable if you have an msn I'm going to make a new email just for this purpose if you add me you can get updates directly through email (make sure your email isn't tied to your AE account in anyway) using Sky Drive through Live. Now it took me 8 months last time to build the map get all the titles and such so this time around shouldn't take so long. I may make an Adobe Air application that has both craft tables and the map. Which for those who do not know it is just like a desktop application. This may take longer because of memory issues.
Coralynn
Thank you so much, Sir Chris! This is really helpful. There are so many times people in L help channel have asked for a map and all we had to say was there are none that are online anymore. It's really nice to be able to direct them somewhere now :)

Also just want to say thanks to Worc also for making the zoomable and scrollable one. It's nice to be able to have the map in readable size and be able to scroll with just click+dragging.

I'm excited to see when you get your flash app version done, Chris. I'm sure it will be amazing :)

EDIT// I'm not sure if it's supposed to say Minotuar's Island as opposed to Minotaur. But the normal way to spell the creature is the latter so not sure if this is a typo or not. Also perhaps you can mark the cave to enter Valmond/TR lands that is north of Parian?
Sir Chris
Some things were updated expect for these titles

minotaur island
Hell Spire
Badlands Spire
Sir Chris
So I'm working on the map and I want to make it better than before with the flash interface and what not. I need someone that can make me a Photoshop face template if you are interested I will send you details on what the interface image needs to have other than that the look is up to you. Would like someone that is uber at photoshop you know a lot of eye candy is easy on the eyes and doesn't over do clutter the page.

Basically there interface will have a settings area where you can toggle titles, markers, etc. also the size of the viewer. 800X600 1024X768 1440X900 will be the options so you will need to make a template that will fix all 3 formats and not be out of proportion.

There will be a search option in which you can type in a place or mob name (Yes I might be implementing a bestiary map). This feature will also have a autocomplete feature for those that are not so well at town/mob names. This feature will automatically bring up a visual of the town or add markers to the map to show where a mob is or has last been seen located.

If you are going to help or want to put this map on your site to host it for the community (has to be for community) pm me. I'm not finished with the map viewer, have a lot to do still so just trying to get things ready in advanced.

Here is what I'm not doing with this project:

I'm not hosting or paying a hosting site to host it.

P.S. As a lot of the players now the mob spawns and drop tables change in game seems to be a lot. That being said will not make a drop table for Bestiary and will not say that a Mob will be as located on my map when finished or that the current conditions shown on the map when finished will stay the same. Games change and I will try over time to keep the map updated.

Now it took me 8 months last time to get this map together so no telling what it will take me this time. I'm not saying it will take that long prob won't but it will be a fun experience to take on and hope that I finish it before I burn out on AE again to return in 1 year lol. Anways. Talk at you all later.
Flamez
thanks for the map helps a lot i use it all the time AEChappy.gif
Coralynn
I really hope you do not mind, but I have taken it upon myself to create a Monster location map using your map as a base so that it has all the other stuff listed as well. I would say it is about 60% completed and only linked now through my guild website.

With your permission I will post it here when it is completed. All monsters are going to be listed as well as boss locations and what monsters are found within caves/dungeons.
Sir Chris
QUOTE(Coralynn @ Jun 8 2010, 12:30 PM) *
I really hope you do not mind, but I have taken it upon myself to create a Monster location map using your map as a base so that it has all the other stuff listed as well. I would say it is about 60% completed and only linked now through my guild website.

With your permission I will post it here when it is completed. All monsters are going to be listed as well as boss locations and what monsters are found within caves/dungeons.

Sure thing
Sir Chris
Hey everyone just thought I'd let everyone know I'm working on an interactive map once again. I lost my last project due to tech difficulties and Heroesinn.com going down. I'm including a clickable interface for dungeons. If I get around to it after finishing up the dungeons, I may add a monster legend to the map. Question there are two dungeons on Khafra side that I do not have titles for. Does anyone know the names for the dungeons? Also if anyone cares to scan the map and see titles or anything else missing/wrong add post here thanks. I'll be updating the map link in the first post in a few days with a more up to date map. :) Enjoy
Sir Chris
QUOTE(The Lag @ Jan 16 2011, 06:24 AM) *

Nice if you want to continue to finish the map and your using Photoshop I have a updated PSD you can use just a graphical update of the map clears up some hidden items on the world map I removed the red markers.

Sir Chris
Updated!
Sir Chris
Just wanted to let everyone know that map is updated, check original post or my signature.
Jonne
Hey guys, dunno if you've noticed - or maybe it's just the great wall of china - but all of the links in here are giving me a 404... ohmy.gif
Maybe it's time to fix links or unpin the post wink.gif
reikoshea
http://reikoshea.com/dragoneers/aemap.png
Sir Chris
Updated Map links now points to two PNG files with and without titles as well as a PSD file for anyone interested. Check original post for links
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.