Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Games of Havoc
Pixel Mine Forums > Ashen Empires > Servers > Heroes Server > Events
GM Astrum
Edit: I've gotten One Eye to make the server No drop for the duration of the event (if I don't forget to ask him the day before the event). So losing backpacks should not be an issue any more.

A missive from the Gods!
Hail warriors and mages of the lands!
In these troubled times of chaos it is important to keep our skills high and our blades sharp. In order to accomplish this, I call upon all the warriors and mages of the lands to join in a series of epic games which shall weed out the weak and bring forth the strongest! These games shall be called: "The Games of Havoc" and they will take place on Sunday the 15th of August. The winner of these games shall receive the great honor of being granted the title of Lady/Lord of Havoc. He or she shall receive one of the fabled artifact items. To become Lady/Lord of Havoc one must not only possess strength in arms, but cunning, intelligence and wit!
Through these games all of you shall be tested in a number of ways, but the main event will no doubt be the official arena games. In these games you shall be pitted against your fellow man in a 5 minute contest. When the timer of each battle reaches 3 minutes my servants will release fierce beasts that will no doubt destroy one, or both of you. Remember that greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength! After each battle, the winner will be awarded a fixed number of points to his name and will proceed to the next rounds. This shall continue until only one remains and becomes master gladiator. In order to play in the arena games you are required to send in your application.(see further below for details)
Breaking up the arena battles will be other events that can earn players points. I have listed all of the events and information about them on the back of this missive. The winner and therefore Lady/Lord of Havoc shall be the person with the greatest number of points to his name. Every event will be able to grant you an equal amount of points, to win you must show your qualities in every one of the events.
I wish you all the best of luck, and may the best man or woman win!
Astrumius,
scribe of the gods

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all, when I did an artifact event I promised to do one for H too.
The idea behind "The Games of Havoc" is to have a series of challenges and events until only one player remains and emerges victorious from the various challenges given with the highest score. This man or woman will be given the title. Lord of Havoc or Lady of Havoc. And shall be rewarded with one of the famed Artifact prizes.
This event is made for Heroes server and we will have the players test out in both intelligence, endurance and skill of the blade against monsters and each other. Each challenge will give the winner a potion pack, and the top winners get some points. In the end the player with most points in total wins the artifact and title.
The event will take place Sunday 15th of August, it will start at 1PM CST. The times for each challenge can be seen in the details.

1 Gladiator Combat

Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength.
Henry Ward Beecher

These will be one on one fights between players at the arena at lotors. The winner gets a certain number of points. We continue this until the last 2 players remain and fight it out.
In order to join the Gladiator Combat challenge, you will have to register first. To do this you may send me an e-mail with the topic title: GOH registration
In the e-mail you will write the name of the character you are entering the games with, write down its level too. My E-mail is: moderatorastrum@gmail.com

Please make sure you have at least 3 hours of free time to be online in AE after 1PM CST if you wish to compete in the gladiator battles. You may only register 1 character to compete in the gladiator combat challenge. (you may choose to use other characters to compete in the other challenges, but they shall be rewarded their points separate from your other characters... so it's a dumb idea to use more than 1 character)
Registration of a character is only possible if that character is already on H server, people from L server may ofc. enter but they will have to make sure their character is on H server before they send in their registration.

warning: registration can only be done before Sunday 8th of August.

During the battles:
If for some reason there is an uneven amount of players then the uneven player rolls 1 to 'max players in that round" and then fight the rolled number. Each player will have a number associated with him.

2 Last Man Standing (group)

On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Chuck Palahniuk

This challenge will take place at 2.15pm cst on the farmlands of Ethera. All competing players will be put in a closed off box. Monsters will begin spawning and the object of the game is to survive the longest. Only the 3 players who survive the longest will be awarded points. (Warning if you lose your backpack, you will only be able to retrieve your corpse after the battle is over.)

3 Test of naval prowess (group )

It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.
General Douglas MacArthur

This challenge will take place at 4pm CST at the docks of whisperdale.
In this test, you will use your ship of choice. And fight a naval battle to the last man. Again only the 3 longest survivors will be awarded points.

4 Race Around The World (group )

If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable.
Seneca

This challenge will take place at 6 pm CST at the docks of whisperdale.
In this test, the players will use their ships of choice. They will all gather at the port in whisperdale. You will then begin a race around the world, following a pre-made course. At the end there will be a GM dressed as a buoy. The first 3 who get to the buoy and use "Say" chat to say: "I AM HERE" will be awarded points.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to discuss this upcoming event here and ask some questions. Some things might still change, but this is the general outline and we will try and keep to it.

Warning: Any cheaters will be automatically banned for the rest of the day or longer.

Here are the matches for the Arena battles. I have no idea whoes a mage and whoes a warrior, I only looked at the levels and the rest was random. So no whining allowed. Just think of a strategy and try and do your best. You can use everything and anything to win your match as long as it's not breaking RoC and other important AE rules. Remember a battle will only last 5 minutes, the last 2 minutes you will also have to fight off spawned creatures and make sure the other guy dies first.

Ertzel
sounds cool, I hope I don`t work that day :(
NeoGico
PvP will be on im guessing, so at events like Last Man Standing, you will have temp people dying and potentially getting looted or are you gonna do anything to prevent that?

Sounds like its gonna be more of a whos got the most guild members on gankfest, than anything to do with someones skill.
Ertzel
only 3 people can win each part, so if people decide to do it as a guild they will have to turn on eachother or get no points...
Dynamic
I hope its not an OP artifact like a staff of glyphs....make it like a buff totem or something but dont **** up pvp even more.
Masta
QUOTE(Dynamic @ Jul 21 2010, 10:56 PM) *
I hope its not an OP artifact like a staff of glyphs....make it like a buff totem or something but dont **** up pvp even more.

GM Astrum
During the day of the event, backpack drops for H-server should be disabled, as long as I don't forget to give OE a poke.

The artifacts are currently not overpowered. I do believe the axe artifact that was given out was boosted to be at around the same level of a zule. Without the boost it would have been one of the better artifacts but not as good as the other high level weapons.

The value of an artifact is that it is... an artifact. One of a kind, unique.
Iorthunger
LEET! PVP event, can't wait. See you on the battle field.

DTA WHAT!?
Masta
QUOTE(GM Astrum @ Jul 22 2010, 09:06 AM) *
During the day of the event, backpack drops for H-server should be disabled, as long as I don't forget to give OE a poke.

The artifacts are currently not overpowered. I do believe the axe artifact that was given out was boosted to be at around the same level of a zule. Without the boost it would have been one of the better artifacts but not as good as the other high level weapons.

The value of an artifact is that it is... an artifact. One of a kind, unique.

Idc if its unique or one person has it as long as its not overpowered. That would kill pvp even more.
Spar
i cant wait ..for my NEW Artifact.. i made a spot in my bank just for it. 0,0
Ertzel
Damn... you guys can't be made happy...

People bitched about there not being any more artifact events, then L got one. H players bitched about L getting one and not H, now that H is getting one H people are bitching about getting an artifact event...
TheApocalypse
I'm not sure how pimp being concerned about pvp balance constitutes all of "H" complaining about the event. :P
Meilute
15th of August.. yup thats my birthday, looking forward for this awesome artifact gift B.gif

p.s. obviously mages will rule at Gladiator Combat event part seeing as nobody stands a chance against bugged WW claw..
Olvi
QUOTE(Meilute @ Jul 31 2010, 09:10 PM) *
15th of August.. yup thats my birthday, looking forward for this awesome artifact gift B.gif

p.s. obviously mages will rule at Gladiator Combat event part seeing as nobody stands a chance against bugged WW claw..

Mage vs Mage .. 15mins later "DRAW"!
Meilute
Nah Olvi, obviously you missed this part AECtongue.gif

QUOTE(GM Astrum @ Jul 20 2010, 08:19 PM) *
When the timer of each battle reaches 3 minutes my servants will release fierce beasts that will no doubt destroy one, or both of you.

Sheikki
Yes good finally we have event, OH NVM ANOTHER ****IN EVENT FOR THE REDNECK AMERICANS WHEN PEOPLE ON ANOTHER TIMEZONE NEED TO SLEEP
Olvi
QUOTE(Meilute @ Aug 2 2010, 12:09 AM) *
Nah Olvi, obviously you missed this part AECtongue.gif

QUOTE(GM Astrum @ Jul 20 2010, 08:19 PM) *
When the timer of each battle reaches 3 minutes my servants will release fierce beasts that will no doubt destroy one, or both of you.

Haha.. Didnt read everything.. As always :D GM spawns Rabbits and I dc/lag and die? AECohmy.gif
GM Astrum
QUOTE(Sheikki @ Aug 2 2010, 01:49 AM) *
Yes good finally we have event, OH NVM ANOTHER ****IN EVENT FOR THE REDNECK AMERICANS WHEN PEOPLE ON ANOTHER TIMEZONE NEED TO SLEEP

I just had to try and find a time for the event when GMs are available. Also, the servers tend to be most busy during the hours put up there. I'm sorry if you won't be able to make it because of your timezone. It's hard to please everyone concerning time.
Meilute
Its ok, sheikki is big time nerd and often uses to play untill 5am
Ashleigh
Ban claw of there werewolf from the even and I may just register =)
Sheikki
QUOTE(Meilute @ Aug 2 2010, 01:39 PM) *
Its ok, sheikki is big time nerd and often uses to play untill 5am

i haz work nowdays son, tryin to buy you a sott
GM Astrum
Warning, if you wish to register for gladiator battle you must do so before 8th of august, which is in 3 days from now.
NeoGico
Hey im not too keen on giving you my email address, DEV's themselves said you guys would never ask for it and by sending you my application you know my email, so either I pm you or here you go: Get Waxed, lvl 110 ... i'll pm you as well, not really keen on creating a new email address just to send you two lines.
GM Quanyin
This is what it actually says about PMG reps asking for info:

Account Security Notice:
Pixel Mine, Inc. will never ask you for your password. Representatives of Pixel Mine, Inc will also never contact you in-game or via messaging programs (such as MSN or ICQ) asking for your account information.

But if you're uncomfortable with the email situation, use a forum PM.
GM Astrum
Forum PM's to me are/were fine too.
GM Astrum
All registration for the arena battles is now over. I have posted the matches in the first
post.
Ertzel
o.O Kollo is back?
Ashleigh
what dates does all this happen?

i go on vacation 2 weeks o nthe 16th of august.

if i miss it, could people take videos/lots of screens pls? especially the glad combat biggrin.gif

thx
Iorthunger
LOL I'm fighting AK?! Now i'm gonna need somone else to buff me! Damnit! LOL!!!
Ertzel
QUOTE(Ashleigh @ Aug 9 2010, 11:37 AM) *
what dates does all this happen?

15th u nub, read the main post.
Iorthunger
Ertzel, will you buff me for event? plzkthx biggrin.gif
NeoGico
Only 22 people registered?

also just realised that the gladiator combat starts at 5AM my time... 5AM on Monday morning... great.
GM Astrum
Remember, you don't need to be registered for gladiator battles to compete in the other challenges. In fact it's possible to win the event just by winning the other challenges.
GM Astrum
Alastor has withdrawn himself from the matches as he can't make it that weekend. However a late entry from Nagato came in, and he will be taking the spot of Alastor. The changes have been made & updates on the GIF showing the matches in the first reply.

XxslayerxX
fail GM austrum should wait until good players get back from vacation o well. good luck to BM,LL and Meilute hope one of u guys win it all.
Dyrankor
Yeah, shame I won't be able to make it. Didn't realize I had a schedule conflict 'till today.

Good luck to all involved!
NeoGico
Is creeper gonna move over for the event? cause currently hes still on L...
Ashleigh
If you need anymore contestant replacements Astrum, let me know.
Dyrankor
Actually the Legends contestants get an extra hour to complete the challenges, and get a commemorative no-drop teddy bear. Didn't you read the post?
GM Astrum
If he doesn't show up, he loses.
GM Astrum
There have been a few last minute changes.

The Last man standing event will be pushed back 1 hour to 3.15 PM CST. This will allow us the first 2 hours to simply try and get all the arena battles out of the way.
The Last man standing event will be no longer be held at ethera, but will now be held at LSP farmlands, which is a safe zone and now that the whole server is No Drop, this place will be No drop too. Without any guards.

Get Waxed will no longer be able to make it, and has been replaced with Ash.

The other events will happen at the times they were planned.

If someone does not show up for his arena battle, he will be dropped and if someone else is around that did not register, they will get the open spot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.